PDA

View Full Version : How much time will you spend playing this game?

Stucanje
December 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I've been thinking about this for a long time - ever since I found out that DOMO was coming back. Six or seven years ago, I could sink days into playing this game. I was also in junior high school at the moment - capable of wasting that much time without any serious repercussions.

Now that I'm in university, however, I feel a much greater pressure to do what I've come to uni to do and to avoid sinking too many hours into a game that has no effect on my overall life. I know that if I don't limit myself, I'll probably spend every available second on it. It's just so fantastic! I'll probably have to limit myself to an hour (if that!) on weekdays and two to three on weekends. It's a shame, because it probably means I'll be leveling extremely slowly. :(

What about everybody else? Do you plan on playing it as much as physically possible? Do you also have to set limits for yourself in terms of how much you can play? How much time do you plan to sink into the wonderful MMO that is Dream of Mirror Online?

TheRealTangerine
December 8th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'll be spending a few hours here and there, but I'll prolly be spending time and money on FF14 still...xD

HealerKun
December 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
between sleeping & studying
80% DOMO & 20% studying

Livipo
December 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I don't know how much it will be now.. But not as much as I used to, that's for sure.

Also, is it even possible to have this many hours in one month? How can that be correct? xD
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/Liivic/00000055-1.png (http://s587.photobucket.com/user/Liivic/media/00000055-1.png.html)

MinatoU
December 8th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Does afk count as playing? Probably for the 2 weeks I will play as much as I can and then I'll tone it down a lot

OmgZombieCharm
December 8th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I'll be spending a few hours here and there, but I'll prolly be spending time and money on FF14 still...xD

No one put a lower priority to DoMO! YOU DESERVE TO DIE!

LilKizuna
December 8th, 2014, 12:50 PM
24/7 an option?

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
December 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I was also in junior high school at the moment - capable of wasting that much time without any serious repercussions.

Now that I'm in university, however, I feel a much greater pressure to do what I've come to uni to do and to avoid sinking too many hours into a game that has no effect on my overall life.

I WISH I was still at university. That was only a 2-4 hour/day commitment.. should give you more spare time than you had while at school. Live in the now, and worry about the future when you're unemployed!

Vanland
December 8th, 2014, 01:14 PM
How much, I dunno. I'll play when I have time and feel like it, no such things as 'schedules' or plans. Its safe to say though that it will a top choice among the titles I have at my disposal, so I'll probably be spending a good amount of the time I spend on games on DoMo.

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Probably next to zero. If you think you had no time in university, wait until you get a job.

ChocolateMinT
December 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Good Question! For me personally, I haven't been really interested in playing MMO's in general. My work kinda eats up alot of my energy and I am unable to stay up late as I have to wake up early in the morning. But I will play DoMO time from time. I probably will level up slowly as you said, and sometimes I just want to explore the game again. I miss being surrounded by the lovely landscaping of the Dream World~. I'll probably be one of those people who farm ingredients and supplies.

So give or take about couple hours a day, more on the weekends.

Caturdays
December 8th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Since my work hours are great... I'll be able to play... or afk in eversun for hours a day hhehehe

Divini
December 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM
It's going to be my first time ever playing, so probably a lot. Everything will be new to me.

MuinXhan1
December 8th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'm looking at about..........18-22hours daily with minimal sleep while I grind out each class gonna need brew a big pot of tea and hope I dont pass out midway through

BlightBoy17
December 8th, 2014, 01:43 PM
when i was in uni i had much time to spend in domo , so for sure at this time i won't have the time i used to have before because of work.
But after work i will spend the time i have in domo for the first days maybe weeks until i reach a certain goal then i will start my slacking.

EnochP
December 8th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Probably next to zero. If you think you had no time in university, wait until you get a job.

u wot m8

How many hours a day do you even work? I only do 9 hours, leaving me with a solid 8 hours a day to do whatever

Maiii
December 8th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Aw man, you guys are scaring me haha. I barely have any time to play any sort of games (but that will disappear once winter break hits) because of University stuff. But I think I'll try to fit it in during the weekends when I can? I'm sure everyone else will too.

NotHereCantDelete
December 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I think I'll probably still spend a fair bit of time on it, whether as much of that will be spent leveling as it was before I'm not sure - I am looking forward to trying new jobs but I might just get them to 40 and see if I like them or not. Will probably end up as a Wizard again anyway lol...
I do have college now but that doesn't take up too much time, just makes my hands messy when I do pottery. Or fail at pottery. One of those....

Gigglypuff1313
December 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I'll be playing as much as I can based around my work and school schedule. Back in the old days I wasn't in school only had to worry about work so I usually just skipped sleep for DOMO :-P

TehParamedic
December 8th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I played fairly casually before, and I'll be playing somewhat more casually now. Still gonna spend as much time as possible on DOMO, but probably not playing all hours I'm online. Jobs, man.

Kirbychu
December 8th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I seem to be the only one so far with no job and no life, so every waking moment will be spent playing DOMO. At some point though I'll be going back to college and/or getting a job, but for now that's not an option.

SeanCT
December 8th, 2014, 04:24 PM

Probably less than zero. If you think you had no time when you got a job, wait until you have kids.

Miradora
December 8th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I will probably AFK 24/7 (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00009551w.png) on here and IC.

As for active play time, I don't really know. I generally just leave the client open all the time and chat when there's chat, and only grind occasionally (my pattern on the other servers has been like, level a lot for one or two months, then just sit in town and do nothing for months before leveling again). I might start in a mostly afk stage instead of an active stage on this server, and see how it goes before committing to it.

GraceySells
December 8th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Stalling 24/7 is life. I'll try my best to make as much time as possible. Because I intend on doing things differently this time around, I plan on dedicating more time to actively leveling, working on 'Prestige, etc. rather than just idling or socializing from inside a stuffy, old, red stall filled full of stuff. I don't have my high school life any more, but I still have quite a bit of time.

Belzughast
December 8th, 2014, 05:21 PM
That's a hard question. Depends how much dopamine I'll get when playing DOMO. Depends what other games will be coming out (No Man's Sky, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera). Depends how much I will party in RL and depends highly on the community. If I find great grinding parties I will definitely tend to stay longer online. Safe bet 3-4h on work day/6h at a free day.

LadyOkamia
December 8th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I am wanting to play a lot this time around. But I have very bad health >+<! But I am hoping to get at least 3-4 hours a day.

TheIssing
December 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM
you are talking with a FF fan boy, there is nothing you can do he is a lost case :P

I honestly don't know how much time I will be able to put into it, but not as much as before I fear >:

LadyMae
December 8th, 2014, 06:28 PM
All the time I put in Call of Duty will go to DoMO.
That's a LOT.

FoxyFi
December 8th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Um...on my days off maybe a good bit of time, but I work 12-hour shifts so I doubt I'll want to do anything more on my work days than log on and chat. :v

Matchamatsu
December 8th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Depends on how many fun people log in.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 9th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Since DOMO has aspects which are idle-heavy, a lot of us will be able to play it in the background.
I'll probably be semi-active.

Madelia
December 9th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I'll probably play 3 hours a day at most since i have a job that starts at 3 am and ends at 5 pm. It gets calmer for me at 1 pm which allows me to game ( if i don't fall asleep on my desk of course >w< ).

Zoraidal
December 9th, 2014, 01:03 AM
I will play more than I should and enjoy every moment of it. ;)

ArabPikachu
December 9th, 2014, 01:55 AM
1 hour a week. Maybe less. 5 or so years later, after this gets shut down, I don't want to look back and regret spending all my valuable time on a game. I regret every minute of the Aeria age but hey, yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 02:00 AM
1 hour a week. Maybe less. 5 or so years later, after this gets shut down, I don't want to look back and regret spending all my valuable time on a game. I regret every minute of the Aeria age but hey, yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery

Yet you're back, and spending more than that amount of time on the fourms.

GraceySells
December 9th, 2014, 02:03 AM
1 hour a week. Maybe less. 5 or so years later, after this gets shut down, I don't want to look back and regret spending all my valuable time on a game.

Hey! This isn't the 'Prestige' attitude!

TheRealTangerine
December 9th, 2014, 04:28 AM

Lol Thanks I guess.....

KashyDragneel
December 9th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Lol Thanks I guess.....

wow aggressive.
I will hopefully have a new job in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed I impressed enough in the interview) The job involves lots of night work, so I'm hoping this means I can play pretty much all the time, at work and at home :D although I probably wouldn't. At least for a lil while, looks unprofessional.

TheRealTangerine
December 9th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Make sure you work hard the first month or so, (while saving up all that sweet money for Domo) and then bam! DOMO ALL THE TIME .

KashyDragneel
December 9th, 2014, 04:48 AM
XD From the sounds of the job I don't have to work that hard, the computer will do most of it, I just have to wait for the network reports and pass them to the relevant people, so should be plenty of time for domo.

BlightBoy17
December 9th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I'll probably play 3 hours a day at most since i have a job that starts at 3 am and ends at 5 pm. It gets calmer for me at 1 pm which allows me to game ( if i don't fall asleep on my desk of course >w< ).

wtf is that job 14 hours ? ARE YOU A MINER?

PsychoIndy
December 9th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Not to sure how much time I will spend on DOMO this time around. I have 2 jobs this winter, only have all day Friday off, and all night Sunday, every week. Talk about a busy time, til April comes around.

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I'm a Chief at a Japanese Restaurant.

So Probably at lest 2hrs a day and maybe 6hr+ on some days.

Madelia
December 9th, 2014, 10:37 AM
wtf is that job 14 hours ? ARE YOU A MINER?

Nope (feel like one from time to time though), i work in a small shop which delivers newspapers to 400 costumers in the early morning. Next to that we also sell magazines, cigarettes etc. and we double as a post office. We get 700 costumers a day counting them all together.

This job wrecks me and the part of my life that goes to gamesT-T

Seraphimae
December 9th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Probably not nearly as much as I want ._. College does tend to suck a lot of time away from other things. But I do tend to procrastinate a lot so who knows?

neo007dm
December 9th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I shall play all day long! During week at least.

LoIcatKumi
December 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I hope 3 to 5 hours a day like I did at that time...
If I don't fall in a bed before switching my computer on >_>

(everyone knows Kumi is a sleeping master!)

LuLuNoir
December 10th, 2014, 05:01 AM
2 to 5 hours a day depending on my free time. I guess I'll have to kill the house plants and sell the dog. Maybe even throw my cellphone away. Gotta free up some free time.

BlightBoy17
December 10th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Nope (feel like one from time to time though), i work in a small shop which delivers newspapers to 400 costumers in the early morning. Next to that we also sell magazines, cigarettes etc. and we double as a post office. We get 700 costumers a day counting them all together.

hopefully you get a better job D:
I work for 7 hours (5 days a week) and i wish for less work hours Dx

Gambachi
December 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Until my bones ache, my face withered and my coffee cold.

HakiYuna
December 10th, 2014, 08:17 AM

costumer? dont you mean cos-player?XD
and for me, around 4hrs per day, 12hrs for the weekends

Madelia
December 10th, 2014, 08:51 AM
hopefully you get a better job D:
I work for 7 hours (5 days a week) and i wish for less work hours Dx

I think i'm stuck here until it goes down like the titanic.

costumer? dont you mean cos-player?XD
and for me, around 4hrs per day, 12hrs for the weekends

I'd kiss my both hands if they were cosplayers, the closest thing to cosplay here are those who had a sex change (they tend to stand out for all the wrong reasons). Cosplayers would make my day more interesting.

EnochP
December 10th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I think i'm stuck here until it goes down like the titanic.

I'd kiss my both hands if they were cosplayers, the closest thing to cosplay here are those who had a sex change (they tend to stand out for all the wrong reasons). Cosplayers would make my day more interesting.

The general public at large are generally awful human beings. Thank the Queen I work on an internet business so the worst I get is keyboard warriors.
It makes me cringe every day when I get the shopping in and I hear people whining how food is too expensive now-a-days and they can't afford food for their kids, before plopping down 8 quid for a pack of (wibbly bibbly heaty burny smoky tobacco sticks, apparantly the word for them is censored) and a lottery ticket

Vanland
December 10th, 2014, 07:13 PM
It makes me cringe every day when I get the shopping in and I hear people whining how food is too expensive now-a-days and they can't afford food for their kids, before plopping down 8 quid for a pack of (wibbly bibbly heaty burny smoky tobacco sticks, apparantly the word for them is censored) and a lottery ticket
Life is all about setting the right priorities.

Some just haven't figured that out yet.

Kitababie
December 10th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Err back on topic...
Depends on when DoMO is finally released. :(
If it is released while I'm still on winter break then 24/7. >:D If I'm in college, then not nearly as much as I'd want. Q_Q

Kaipiee
December 11th, 2014, 12:15 AM
I might just play for a few hours every other day sadly.

MrHikadaToYou
December 11th, 2014, 01:46 AM
I have no life and insomnia.

All of the time. All of it.

lelouch432
December 15th, 2014, 12:42 AM
To give my share of the answer towards the topic O_O All of my time for a month after release. Because DOMO = best game. :awsum:

LuLuNoir
December 15th, 2014, 05:30 AM
I have no life and insomnia.

All of the time. All of it.

DOMO will fill in your void.
No life? DOMO is here.
Can't sleep? DOMO is here.
DOMO doesn't judge.
DOMO just wants to hold you.
Forever....Bwuahahaha. :evil:

RoyalDark
December 22nd, 2014, 07:22 AM
If I play like I did before I'll be lose sleep and likely be on whenever I can ahahaha :COOL: other wise I'll be stuck at work :'(