PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Question

GreatBlue
December 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hi,

First of all, thank you GMs for giving the 60-day announcement!

My question is, will our progress in CB be wiped at the 2nd launch? What about the backer rewards—would they be lost after CB?

OmgZombieCharm
December 10th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Hi,

My question is, will our progress in CB be wiped at the 2nd launch? What about the backer rewards—would they be lost after CB?

That's acctually a very good question. I want to know... But lets be honest, as its a closed beta, they probably gonna delet the progress after the CB so we ALL have a fair start. Or at least that's what happened with all the CB of other games i've played on.

But still want to see what the Gm's say :3

Gambachi
December 10th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Sorry to butt in on your question but while we are asking about closed beta, Will Suba be allowing everyone into the closed beta or just a selection?

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Sorry to butt in on your question but while we are asking about closed beta, Will Suba be allowing everyone into the closed beta or just a selection?

Would assume not everyone, or else it would be open beta

EnochP
December 10th, 2014, 07:06 PM

Well, didn't aeria let anyone into their CB? I got into it without doing any special stuff so I guess this will be open to, and yeah I'm guessing there's a wipe ebcause the point of CB is to bug test. if someone found a glitch to instantly level or gain insane EXP points the idea is they all get fixed before release so no permenant damage is done

Vanland
December 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
What about the backer rewards—would they be lost after CB?
I honestly doubt you will get to claim your backer rewards during CBT to start with. Especially since, you know, everything is wiped once its over.

Kitababie
December 10th, 2014, 08:45 PM
I definitely think they will have to do some sort of limit on CBT or else they might have a server overload ... Lol. Unlike before, people who are here now already know and love DOMO. I can't imagine there was as many people during the original CBT compared to the amount that would potentially be there this time around.

MinatoU
December 11th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Hi,

My question is, will our progress in CB be wiped at the 2nd launch? Yes
What about the backer rewards—would they be lost after CB? You will get your rewards in open beta, you get nothing in closed beta :)

Answers in blue

AndreaY
December 11th, 2014, 04:17 AM
About open and closed betas, the only gameplay difference is about wiping data at the end.
Closed beta serves to catch and refine all oddities a few number of testers haven't run into, but a large number more likely will.
Then game closes, devs fix things (at least and hopefully, the ones reported), data wipe and open beta starts clean and with a more polished game.

I'd suggest to use the closed beta more to catch all oddities you maybe know there were also in the past, and report them all, as long as any other used of closed beta is pointless because the data wipe at the end. Will this be the end of the evil stairs? :X

PsychoIndy
December 11th, 2014, 04:22 AM
About open and closed betas, the only gameplay difference is about wiping data at the end.
Closed beta serves to catch and refine all oddities a few number of testers haven't run into, but a large number more likely will.
Then game closes, devs fix things (at least and hopefully, the ones reported), data wipe and open beta starts clean and with a more polished game.

I'd suggest to use the closed beta more to catch all oddities you maybe know there were also in the past, and report them all, as long as any other used of closed beta is pointless because the data wipe at the end. Will this be the end of the evil stairs? :X

Lets all hope so, but, I don't think the stairs bug will be fixed right away :(

MinatoU
December 11th, 2014, 05:21 AM
I doubt stairs will ever be fixed
I wont do much in closed beta, other than joining people in Eversun to shout DOMO! and take pictures with people

Belzughast
December 11th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Omg stairs bug! Totally forgot about it.

Gambachi
December 11th, 2014, 05:33 AM

Oh derp forgot open came after closed. Been a long while since I have played a game in its testing phases.

MinatoU
December 11th, 2014, 05:45 AM
These days anyone who applies to closed beta gets into closed beta, so it's not much of a closed testing phase but more of a server overload test.
Open beta used to be the server overload test and come before the item mall releases but nowadays open beta is considered the full release and they should just dump the name open beta because I find it offensive to have the ability to buy from the item mall during a testing phase

SirPwn
December 11th, 2014, 06:26 AM
I was wondering about the kickstarter rewards as well. If I recall, it claimed rewards would be delivered in 'January 2015', which I guess at this point coincides with CBT. However, CBT player data/progress is usually wiped once it ends. Will the rewards (in-game ones, at least) be given a second time upon open release? Or won't they be given at all for CBT? If they get given for CBT and wiped afterwards, I imagine quite a few backers would feel rather shafted. But if they aren't given at all until OBT, they'd be breaking kickstarter promises...

I'm guessing they didn't plan this problem on purpose, so have they run into something during test that pushed back release?

LadyinSpades
December 11th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I would be so peeved if I didn't get my items, I can't spend more to get the pets I want. Also how long would the Closed beta be? Would open beta be wiped? and if it does how long would that be?

Gambachi
December 11th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I don't think they would evil enough to wipe the items and titles after CB and then not give them to you on release. Most likely they will be delivered after the wipe. Else will be given before the wipe and then again after the wipe.

Gambachi
December 11th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I was wondering about the kickstarter rewards as well. If I recall, it claimed rewards would be delivered in 'January 2015', which I guess at this point coincides with CBT. However, CBT player data/progress is usually wiped once it ends. Will the rewards (in-game ones, at least) be given a second time upon open release? Or won't they be given at all for CBT? If they get given for CBT and wiped afterwards, I imagine quite a few backers would feel rather shafted. But if they aren't given at all until OBT, they'd be breaking kickstarter promises...

I'm guessing they didn't plan this problem on purpose, so have they run into something during test that pushed back release?

Estimated delivery: Jan 2015

Xiaoming001
December 11th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Estimated delivery: Jan 2015

they could end CBT on Jan 30 and start OBT on Jan 31 with rewards delivered.

TehParamedic
December 11th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I honestly don't see CBT ending without a wipe. It's just how it goes. Of course, CBTers will probably get a fancy title (or flag lol), but I'm sure that's about it. If there's the option of reserved names from CBT to OB (or OB to release), I believe it should be limited to one character.

It would be nice to see a limited CBT, rather than everyone-who-applies-gets-in. FF14 had a limited CBT, and even OB was fairly limited. I'm not sure how Suba's handled their other games' beta testing, but hopefully this gets a proper CBT and OB treatment.

NotHereCantDelete
December 11th, 2014, 12:11 PM
The closed beta keys will be handed out to partner sites, which will be listed on subas site when they're up and ready etc.
So yeah, you'd just go to those sites, grab a key, fight off other people with blunt objects, and then the joy of Closed Beta Domo is for you~
Kickstarter rewards will very most likely be in OB, I can't see anyone here being cruel enough to give you rewards you can't keep lol, and having cash shop stuff in closed beta just wont happen.

Tmaw13WfrDhv356
December 18th, 2014, 03:56 AM
define fight off other people with blunt objects

Gambachi
December 18th, 2014, 06:31 AM
The closed beta keys will be handed out to partner sites, which will be listed on subas site when they're up and ready etc.
So yeah, you'd just go to those sites, grab a key, fight off other people with blunt objects, and then the joy of Closed Beta Domo is for you~
Kickstarter rewards will very most likely be in OB, I can't see anyone here being cruel enough to give you rewards you can't keep lol, and having cash shop stuff in closed beta just wont happen.

The only worry I have with that, is people on those partner sites will see them before even we do and could snatch enough of the keys to leave some of us without before we even get a chance. This fear is based on my own personal past experience of following similar links on FB and such for similar things which I and others have missed out even when clicking the link less than a minute after it has been posted.

Fair enough If the keys are limited between those that use the Suba forum but it seems a tad harsh potentially losing out on a beta key to someone who doesn't know the game and grabs a key on a whim after people here have been following and supporting Suba and the Domo resurrection for over a year now.

Is there any official confirmation that there will be enough keys to go around or at very least could Suba post the links to those partner sites before the links to the beta keys go up allowing us equal time to grab a key?

LadyOkamia
December 18th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Usually in CBT's Everything is wiped. Some CBT's had it were you could claim your doners pack or supporters pack and after the wipe you would get it again in Open Beta. The reason some companies allowed that was to test to see if the people who donated to get the game running or got some kind of pack for it was to test to see if the items worked fine in game etc.

Also some companies had CBT events were you got some sort of items that did carry over to obt. They allowed this as a thank you for testing our game sort of thing. The items were not that big of a deal that it broke the game or was not fair to people who did not help test bugs etc. I remember Aeria doing this for Eden Eternal and a couple of other games.

NotHereCantDelete
December 18th, 2014, 07:36 AM
There are some things on this I don't know, and some I'm not meant to say.
I'm fairly sure they'll do their best to make it fair, I mean unlike some GMs I dealt with on Aeria, these ones actually seem human e-e
I may try poking them with a stick.

LadyOkamia
December 18th, 2014, 07:55 AM
There are some things on this I don't know, and some I'm not meant to say.
I'm fairly sure they'll do their best to make it fair, I mean unlike some GMs I dealt with on Aeria, these ones actually seem human e-e
I may try poking them with a stick.

Yeah these GM's have been great so far. They seem to be human in deed XD!

EnochP
December 18th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Any idea how long the CB will be? A week?

LadyOkamia
December 18th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Any idea how long the CB will be? A week?

I am thinking a week or 2 weeks depending on how much content they are releasing to start off with. But since Domo has already been out before and is not a brand new game I don't think the testing will be that long to be honest.

Carecrow
December 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I am thinking a week or 2 weeks depending on how much content they are releasing to start off with. But since Domo has already been out before and is not a brand new game I don't think the testing will be that long to be honest.

I think it will be longer than that.

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:14 PM
The only worry I have with that, is people on those partner sites will see them before even we do and could snatch enough of the keys to leave some of us without before we even get a chance. This fear is based on my own personal past experience of following similar links on FB and such for similar things which I and others have missed out even when clicking the link less than a minute after it has been posted.

Fair enough If the keys are limited between those that use the Suba forum but it seems a tad harsh potentially losing out on a beta key to someone who doesn't know the game and grabs a key on a whim after people here have been following and supporting Suba and the Domo resurrection for over a year now.

Is there any official confirmation that there will be enough keys to go around or at very least could Suba post the links to those partner sites before the links to the beta keys go up allowing us equal time to grab a key?

Actually, to be fair... and don't hate me for saying this.... it would be BETTER for the new players to test run DoMO. Being veteran players, we already KNOW we love DoMO. However, this would be a great chance to give other people a chance to test out the game and see if they like how it feels. Yes, I know, we veterans would be able to pick out bugs faster because we know what to look for. But that's why there should only be a small number of the CB Testers, while the majority should be new players. In my opinion. :x

Edit:
Also, the GMs are super amazing on Suba Lol. Sooo I don't think we should worry about the key situation too much.

DreamLH
December 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Expect character wipes and the closed beta running for about a month.

LadyOkamia
December 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Expect character wipes and the closed beta running for about a month.

I do not think it will last a month. 2 weeks top's

AndreaY
December 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Don't forget after CB there usually is some time with server closed to let devs fix all things coming from the CB tests.

To fix stairs, don't forget to make an appropriate report for it, it maybe is some obscure code bug that does not shows easily and needs more entries to guess what it is (yes I'm trying to convince myself :awsum:).

Belzughast
December 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Stairs bug will never be dealt with. Will DOMO offer resolution of 1920x1080? Because the highest in TW Domo is 1600x1200 which kinda sucks at a 16:9 ratio.

Mitzruti
December 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM
iirc, there's a fullscreen window option which makes it match whatever resolution your desktop is.

Belzughast
December 19th, 2014, 03:26 PM
That's the problem. It's windowed, there isn't just fullscreen.

SirPwn
December 21st, 2014, 08:02 AM
To fix stairs, don't forget to make an appropriate report for it, it maybe is some obscure code bug that does not shows easily and needs more entries to guess what it is (yes I'm trying to convince myself :awsum:).

The reason stairs tend to 'bug' is because of the hitboxes. In most maps the stairs are actual stairs, with steps, and some of those steps are tall enough to cause problems because of how character movement works in DoMO; you're not meant to scale cliffs or climb things, so the height difference your character can clear is VERY limited. Probably the easiest way to fix it would be to increase this 'step' limit slightly, but it could possibly let people get to places they shouldn't reach. Alternatively; in some maps (Bigbeam comes to mind) the hitboxes for stairs have been made into slopes instead and cause no issues. I imagine it would be possible to do this for all stairs worldwide, but... it would require more effort on Softstar's part... so I'm not holding my breath. :x