PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out the fortune telling system

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 10th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I would like to propose an experiment for people to try when they start out in DOMO. Basically, I want to figure out how to predict what kinds of luck you will get, and learn more about the factors included in the luck system.
What is known:
The same sign will not guarantee the same luck as someone else. This fundamentally means there must be something else used in determining luck. I think it has to do with when your character is created, so, to test this, I would like it if people screenshot the time that they create their character, to use as data.
Friends can have special relationships, relative/lover which has the same luck, or rival, which has the opposite luck. This is important, because it shows how the luck isn't random, two groups of non-relatives can't have the same luck, for this to work, it pretty much needs a pattern.
There are a finite number of combinations of luck. 125, to be exact. This means 63 rival/relative groups, since half have opposite luck, and all moderate luck is the same.

Possible things from fortune telling that could be used:
Trines: {Rat/Monkey/Dragon}{Ox/Snake/Rooster}{Tiger/Horse/Dog}{Rabbit/Goat/Pig}
Fixed Elements: Water {Pig, Rat, Ox}, Wood {Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon}, Fire {Snake, Horse, Goat}, Metal {Monkey, Rooster, Dog}
For the rest, look here (http://www.metaphysicalzone.com/china/rat.shtml)
Oppositions: things on the same column
Hours ruled by animal: This one is the most worth looking into, as every 2 hours the luck changes in DOMO. Also, character creation time can easily be used with this, though, how it's done could be one of the things above.

Another thing to help figure it out aside from making a screenshot of the time you made your character, would be to make a chart of how your luck changes throughout a day.

Zephrom
December 10th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I'll be surprise if domo base their "luck system" in Feng Shui Kua Numbers. That or something related to the Chinese Lunar Calendar.

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they hashed your usename, ID, or even creation time as part of it.

I've literally recreated a character with the same choices only to get completely different luck.

SeanCT
December 11th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they hashed your usename, ID, or even creation time as part of it.

I've literally recreated a character with the same choices only to get completely different luck.

I would think this is most likely whats going on, but if by some chance they are doing this client side it could be possible to figure it out from the client, it's a long shot though.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 11th, 2014, 12:35 AM
A good way to look into this might actually be just making every single person your friend, then asking everyone their sign and such. I think you can be related to someone with a different sign, but I'm not sure.