PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with Accuracy and Magic Accuracy

TheRealTangerine
December 11th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Soooo, I like totally know Accuracy effects physical attacks but my confusion stems from Magic Accuracy...

Does it only effect Wiz/Shaman/Witch Doc skills? Or is Magic Accuracy what effects EVERY skill, regardless of class/job and Accuracy is just normal attacks? (always been a bit confused by this)

Superstarstrike
December 11th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Magic Accuracy seems to affect all types of skills. How would I know? Whenever I try to use skills on a Dancer classed mob with a physical class, they seem to miss quite often.

MinatoU
December 11th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Accuracy = Normal Attacks, Magic Accuracy = Skills

LilKizuna
December 11th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Accuracy = Normal Attacks, Magic Accuracy = Skills

Pretty much this. You'll find that M.Acc will be more important in PvP than it is PvE.

~Lil_Kizuna

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 11th, 2014, 07:29 AM
It can be seen, very obviously, what the effects of magic accuracy are because of hunter's skill concentrated fury (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Concentrated_Fury), which makes you have pitiful macc but normal regular acc to give you a lot more attack power.

Carecrow
December 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
It can be seen, very obviously, what the effects of magic accuracy are because of hunter's skill concentrated fury (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Concentrated_Fury), which makes you have pitiful macc but normal regular acc to give you a lot more attack power.

But reduces your ASPD by a ridiculous amount, making normal attacks pretty ineffective. It's a lot easier to make up the m.acc deficit than the attack speed one..

DOMOAKFrost
December 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM
But reduces your ASPD by a ridiculous amount, making normal attacks pretty ineffective. It's a lot easier to make up the m.acc deficit than the attack speed one..

It's not hard, just doesn't make sense because AoA is strictly better.

Carecrow
December 11th, 2014, 01:22 PM
It's not hard, just doesn't make sense because AoA is strictly better.

Only cause you have to gimp yourself to make up the ASPD loss from c.fury

OmfgSoySauce
December 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I went over some numbers with my 45 Thief on Iron Hedgehogs comparing BR(10)/AOA(5) + Lash Out and Cfury(10)+Aim(4), both with a level 6 Martial Hex wielding a Dagger, equipped with clothing and dance wear (+20% a.spd).

I think my math's right, but I'm not 100% sure. It came out to be cfury doing 1084 damage per attack and 0.9 time between attacks, BR 457 and 0.505 time between attacks, AOA 661 and 0.505. So in 10 seconds AoA > Cfury > Br.

I forgot to add in RFA with Cfury attack, so I left it out. Also, Weak Spotter increases crit chance where Martyr Arts doesn't get anything like it.
But I only calculated this for my a.spd cloth jobs, where I'd have to pick 2 of the 3 subs (WD/BM/Hunter). On a BM, Aoa is still better I'd imagine, especially since you can sub Hunter and add in Dragon's call. As for hunter, I think Lv 4 aim with AoA/BR would beat Lv 4 aim+C.fury.

TheRealTangerine
December 12th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Hmm, Concentrated Fury with Skillspam...Staff MA for meee