PDA

View Full Version : Extra Pet Slots?

Kitababie
December 11th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Is there a way to implement a cash item to add extra pet slots... PLEASE! From what I remember there were only five pet slots. Not only are there SIX different pets, but each one has six different types (Original and Se1-Se5). I'm a HUGE pet collector. I would pay a lot of money for even one extra pet slot Q_Q, instead of having to hold all my pets on like four different alts. I was mad AG never came out with it when they had DoMO.
I know there is an item to increase inventory space, so that's what got me thinking about the extra pet space. They can't be that different to implement.
Anyone else have an opinion or run into the same problem?

Kirbychu
December 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
pet hibernation boxes - problem solved.

Gigglypuff1313
December 11th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I agree. Would be nice to add a 6th pet slot for the sake of collectors so you can have one of each pet type or every version of your favorite pet (like my old Ruby collection). I'd be fine even if it were an item mall purchase like the backpack expansions were.

Kitababie
December 11th, 2014, 09:04 PM

They take up inventory space and the pet is unusable in it.

Kitababie
December 11th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I agree. Would be nice to add a 6th pet slot for the sake of collectors so you can have one of each pet type or every version of your favorite pet (like my old Ruby collection). I'd be fine even if it were an item mall purchase like the backpack expansions were.

Yeah definitely. As I said, I'm completely fine with extra pet slots being cash items/item mall item. Lol. Just as long as there is a way to get another pet space or two.

Kirbychu
December 11th, 2014, 11:59 PM
If something is not available in the TW version, it is guaranteed to not be in this version. People keep suggesting things to be added - and some good ideas too - but it isn't up to Suba. The most they can do is pass on the ideas to Softstar and see if they'd be willing to implement them. Even if Softstar decides to, it would be months or years before they'd implement it into THEIR version, and another year at least before they translate it and give it to Suba to put in ours. TW version hasn't seen many big updates that add features like extra pet slots, actual hairstyle change vouchers that work, interface changes of any kind, fixing the stairs bug...none of that stuff happened on the TW server so it definitely wont be happening on Suba's in the near future. All we can do is hope that Suba relays our suggestions and Softstar listens...but we all know how well they do that...

Nethys
December 12th, 2014, 02:39 AM
The issue with asking for things from the game, whether it's UI or graphical updates, or things like an extra pet slot, is that it's a lot more complicated than you would expect. It's not just, "Here, I'm going to add an extra pet slot", it also involves making a new place to put the data for that pet on the server, changing the UI, making sure that every part of every interface that references that part is also updated (trading window, pet shop lady, etc)...

It's just not a simple process, and when it's a choice of putting however many (10's? 100's?) hours into adding another feature that only so much of the population will appreciate and you taking 5 minutes to make an alt to hold onto something for you...

TehParamedic
December 12th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I actually feel a majority of players would enjoy this option. I had pet slots filled out on all of my alts, and I would've liked to have them all on one character without Pet Hibernation Box. I'd settle for perm boxes, if it's possible. Anyway, would be nice if Suba pitched this to SS, even if they're not likely to implement or toy with the idea.

Squishington
December 12th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Not only are there SIX different pets, but each one has six different types (Original and Se1-Se5).

I agree. Would be nice to add a 6th pet slot for the sake of collectors so you can have one of each pet type or every version of your favorite pet (like my old Ruby collection).

No love for the Kuku or Dragon!?:'(

AndreaY
December 12th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Extra pet slots will be great, even as a premium CS item. Not game breaking and so a QoL.
And another step forward to remove the serious need for alts.

Hope devs will think of that!

LuLuNoir
December 12th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I prefer to let alts babysit my bastard children.

Plus hm technically those hibernation boxes suck as in they are temp one time use. Now if it was perm, had 6 slots and was NT...I'd love it.

But correct me if I am wrong. I don't remember using too many boxes.

LuLuNoir
December 12th, 2014, 10:28 AM
No love for the Kuku or Dragon!?:'(

I miss my Red Fox ;_;. Sadako.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 05:53 PM
If something is not available in the TW version, it is guaranteed to not be in this version. People keep suggesting things to be added - and some good ideas too - but it isn't up to Suba. The most they can do is pass on the ideas to Softstar and see if they'd be willing to implement them. Even if Softstar decides to, it would be months or years before they'd implement it into THEIR version, and another year at least before they translate it and give it to Suba to put in ours. TW version hasn't seen many big updates that add features like extra pet slots, actual hairstyle change vouchers that work, interface changes of any kind, fixing the stairs bug...none of that stuff happened on the TW server so it definitely wont be happening on Suba's in the near future. All we can do is hope that Suba relays our suggestions and Softstar listens...but we all know how well they do that...

Have the TW players brought enough attention to the pet slots? 'Cause if not, we may have a chance. I mean... miracles can happen xD. If we push for it here, maybe Softstar will implement it in all the DoMOs. -shrugs- It's a nice thought at least.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I prefer to let alts babysit my bastard children.

Plus hm technically those hibernation boxes suck as in they are temp one time use. Now if it was perm, had 6 slots and was NT...I'd love it.

But correct me if I am wrong. I don't remember using too many boxes.

Yeah you can only use them once; they get destroyed. You also have to have A PET SPACE OPEN to take the pet out lol.... so pet hibernation boxes are not a solution xD

Carecrow
December 12th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Have the TW players brought enough attention to the pet slots? 'Cause if not, we may have a chance. I mean... miracles can happen xD. If we push for it here, maybe Softstar will implement it in all the DoMOs. -shrugs- It's a nice thought at least.

Surely there are bigger issues than pet slots though.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
The issue with asking for things from the game, whether it's UI or graphical updates, or things like an extra pet slot, is that it's a lot more complicated than you would expect. It's not just, "Here, I'm going to add an extra pet slot", it also involves making a new place to put the data for that pet on the server, changing the UI, making sure that every part of every interface that references that part is also updated (trading window, pet shop lady, etc)...

It's just not a simple process, and when it's a choice of putting however many (10's? 100's?) hours into adding another feature that only so much of the population will appreciate and you taking 5 minutes to make an alt to hold onto something for you...

I completely understand that it takes a lot of time for the data coding. I don't expect it to be implemented right away. Suba has been working really hard to get DoMO up and running. It's just a suggestion since I remember talking to a lot of people about this. TBH, I wouldn't mind if it takes a year or two. But after you cap all the jobs, there's only so much to do. Aside from elders, collecting perms and pets was a way to spend time. And I don't agree that it would be "only so much of the population." I feel as though it would benefit a larger portion of the population. Especially for the players that like to have one of each pet.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Surely there are bigger issues than pet slots though.

Well of course. And I'm sure you can start a thread about those too. :) I just wanted to call attention to this specific issue.

Carecrow
December 12th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Well of course. And I'm sure you can start a thread about those too. :) I just wanted to call attention to this specific issue.

I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestion threads, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Softstar to code ANY additional features that aren't in previous releases of DOMO. I remember we had dozens of suggestion threads at Aeria, some of them with hundreds of pages of support, but nothing came to fruition.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 06:22 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestion threads, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Softstar to code ANY additional features that aren't in previous releases of DOMO. I remember we had dozens of suggestion threads at Aeria, some of them with hundreds of pages of support, but nothing came to fruition.

Lol that's true. But maybe Suba will have better luck than AG in motivating Softstar to get off their lazy arses :P

Kirbychu
December 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I think there'd be a higher chance of them making a perm hibernation box before adding more pet slots. They've made perm saddles so making a perm hibernation box probably wouldn't be too different. Of course if they DID do this, they would make it only hold one pet at a time and it would be super expensive. More excuses to charge us many arms and legs for things that don't really matter.

Yes having alts hold your extra pets is annoying, but that's your only option if you want literally all the pets. Personally I just pick 5 of my favorites (no duplicate types...only my favorite SE's of ruby, saph, metal, rock, and lily). Though pushing for a permanent pet hibernation box could definitely be something I can get behind...

Dyyn
December 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Lol that's true. But maybe Suba will have better luck than AG in motivating Softstar to get off their lazy arses :P

And maybe I'll win the lottery! And maybe North Korea really is a paradise!

DOMOAKFrost
December 12th, 2014, 10:59 PM

for various values of paradise, it is.

LuLuNoir
December 13th, 2014, 12:03 AM

You have a better chance of a PuPu crashing through your window and eating your soul.

LadyinSpades
December 13th, 2014, 01:57 PM

I would feel bad leaving them in there, I want to play with them too qq

Carecrow
December 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
You have a better chance of a PuPu crashing through your window and eating your soul.

You have a better chance of a Caskmaster crashing through your wall..

http://i.imgur.com/st51Ok4.png

DOMOAKFrost
December 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM

He'd get shot in the face.

Kitababie
December 13th, 2014, 03:14 PM

LMAO I'd die of laughter if that thing crashed through my place.

LuLuNoir
December 13th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I've slaughtered enough caskmaster in my DOMO life to warrant that kind of vandalism. LOL

DOMOAKFrost
December 13th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I've slaughtered enough caskmaster in my DOMO life to warrant that kind of vandalism. LOL

I put the laughter in "slaughter"

LuLuNoir
December 16th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I put the laughter in "slaughter"

I've been watching your vids on YouTube and I have a silly question.

Those maps you have vids of, are they already fully implemented in DOMO overseas?

That Heaven map is quite interesting but I didn't notice any monsters.