PDA

View Full Version : First job for a beginner?

Divini
December 12th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I'm going to be a first time player when this comes out. Excited~~!!

However, I've been kind of divided on what job to pick as my first. If I was a veteran player I'd have a plan... but all I can go on now is the wiki and reading these forums.

Doing my research, this is my thought process on the classes so far: (sorry for length)

Merc: Can party easily, but being a first timer I wouldn't know how to tank properly yet. Also, repairs looks expensive, I hear tanks have to carry 3 sets of armor? Dang. Also not sure on the Merc's solo'ing power w/o subs in times I can't party.
BM: Looks rough for a first class with no subs. Hard to party too.
Fencer: Looks to be a good choice, but MP will be an issue with no subs? Need more info.
Thief: Seems like a great class to start with. I wonder how is the Thief's killing power and survivability as a first class?
MA: Couldn't find much in-depth info, but I'm assuming MA's are in the same boat as BM's?
Doc: Has probably the most useful sub, but I'd have to rely on parties all the time if it's my first. Leveling looks extremely slow when I can't party up and have to solo. It would be great if it was easy to find a party, but not sure if it will be...
Dancer: Seems like a popular starting class based on this forum, why is that? Can a beginner like me easily pick the class up? Does it do well without subs?
Muse: Looking at this class, it's a class that I should get around to eventually, but it doesn't look like a class that should be my very first. It looks like I'd need a pet, and I'm most likely not dropping cash on this game on Day 1, obviously.
Sham: Offensive caster that can cast for free, another seemingly good choice. Don't know how effective subbing Sham into future jobs though.
Wiz, WD, Merchant, Hunter: Ruling these out, because attacking with these would cost money, which I'm going to have very little of and I'm not experienced enough to know how to farm cash well yet.

I'm still not quite sure which class I should begin with. If anyone can clarify my questions and/or help me make a choice, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Carecrow
December 12th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Dancer is a good choice because it can either solo or team, with the same build. Has the best survivability of the AoE classes, and can be useful late-game by reskilling to different dances. It does okay without subs, but ideally you would want to at least have medical treatment.

Fencer would be alright too, but a bit more team focused and slightly less capable solo. Yes, MP could be an issue with no subs unless you have a good muse in team.

Thief would probably be your best choice if you'd rather single-target or pull. Has good survivability and is about average killing speed.

As you mentioned, doctor would be one of the most widely recommended subs no matter what class you choose as your main.

Would leave musician for later, if you don't have a pet. If you want to play it without a pet you're pretty much restricted to teaming.

Shaman is an alright choice, but there are more efficient single target and aoe options. Works as a decent sub for magic classes later.

MA is in the same boat. Mediocre single-target damage if soloing, and you'd most likely be pulling or tanking in teams. May be worth considering if you wanted to PvP.

Merc you have to pretty much commit to either solo or team as they focus on opposite skill trees.

TehParamedic
December 12th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Some of the other classes aren't immediately available to you (Merc, Thief, MA, Dancer, Muse, WD, Merch, Hunter), so you're really choosing between BM, Fencer, Doc, Sham, and Wizard. Of those, Fencer and Doc are most suitable for you (and beginners, imo).

I would suggest Fencer for you if the ability to solo is really a deal breaker. Buuuuuuut, if you don't mind playing at a bit of a slower pace, Doctor is a great choice. You can always find a party or a partner. It'll allow you to see the world without having to worry about how to fight mobs you may not be familiar with, which in turn will help you when you decide to level the other classes. And as a bonus, you won't have to use potions (something as I did all the time when I started DOMO as a BM for 20 levels) since you'll have a healing spell you can carry over.

DOMOAKFrost
December 12th, 2014, 02:10 PM
if you can get a cat, i recommend musician.

You should get the doc qualification just for the level 1 first aid, don't have to start leveling it right away.

If you can kite well, Shaman is a good choice to push to 30 first for equip wand, it'll make your doc life a lot easier.

Fencer's problem is you have to endure what's basically an inferior BM until AoEs come out, and BM is really gimped to begin with in the earlier levels.

Dancer is perfect if you didn't have to reskill it later to different dances, but if you plan to just play fan all the way though more power to you.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 12th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Sham: Offensive caster that can cast for free, another seemingly good choice. Don't know how effective subbing Sham into future jobs though.
Wiz, WD, Merchant, Hunter: Ruling these out, because attacking with these would cost money, which I'm going to have very little of and I'm not experienced enough to know how to farm cash well yet.

If you go shaman first, you have a larger skill pool for things which use wands, because you can get it up with wizard. Don't be too afraid to get skills which use consumables, they are usually worth getting, especially scrolls for wizard aoes. Though, Merchant is bad for your wallet if you're not careful.
Getting into magic can also help you later on leveling up witch doctor and doctor, especially if you are worried that you'll need to solo.
Keep in mind one thing, if you go down the path of magic, you want to fight magic monsters, the opposite is also true, stay the hell away from magic monsters if you're not in dancer's costume or robes.

Thief is also helpful if you're not sure what you want to play as, it has the best skills for any general class. Also, it has pilfer, which is needed to get recipes yourself for crafting, as well a good move speed buff. If you want to fight better as a thief, leveling hunter or another melee class with it helps.

Rather than going deep into one class without subs, you should be leveling a few compatible ones together, switching it once in a while.

Kirbychu
December 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM

You should get the doc qualification just for the level 1 first aid, don't have to start leveling it right away.

If you can kite well, Shaman is a good choice to push to 30 first for equip wand, it'll make your doc life a lot easier.

Fencer's problem is you have to endure what's basically an inferior BM until AoEs come out, and BM is really gimped to begin with in the earlier levels.

Dancer is perfect if you didn't have to reskill it later to different dances, but if you plan to just play fan all the way though more power to you.

This pretty much sums up everything I would suggest to you. I'm just going to elaborate on a few things.

Musician is a GREAT soloer, but you need a ruby (cat) pet to do so, they are also super needed in teams for their amazing buffs, but if you don't want to restrict yourself to soloing or teaming (and want a job that does both) then Musician isn't the best choice as your first. I do recommend getting it to 12 once you get a pet and get the pet HP/MP heal skills to save money on healing them at the pet shop.

DEFINITELY get at least level 10 Doctor (all classes start at 10 btw) and get level 1 First Aid - you don't need to level Doctor up beyond that if you don't want to, but having at least level 1 heal will help make a difference. I do recommend leveling Doctor as your second job if not your first though. Having Inner Magic (which you get at 33) is immensely helpful on all classes as it increases your MP regen significantly. And if you want some solo power on Doctor, what AKFrost said is a great idea - level Shaman to 30 for equip wand and sub Shaman/Wizard skills on your Doctor.

All-in-all I would recommend Dancer probably as your first class and here's why:
- They're DPS, so you don't have to worry about anything except dealing damage while teaming.
- They don't use any consumables, so you can start saving gold.
- They are great at both soloing and teaming.
- They survive fairly well on their own without subs (though I recommend heals and eventually Light Armor & Shield for added survivability).
- It's great to sub on other classes once you get it leveled.
- It is immediately an AOE and you don't have to wait to get your aoes like you do with Fencer or Shaman (without Wizard subs). On Fencer you will be a puller until 22 or 23 when you get your first aoes, Shaman typically subs Wizard aoes and if you don't level Wizard, you don't get aoes until the 20's I believe also.

Thief is really good too, but the reason I don't suggest it is because in a team you will be pulling, and pulling efficiently requires arrows - which cost gold. They are really great soloers though (and useful for getting recipes for crafting).

Ultimately it's your choice which class you pick. They are all good (well...except MA in my opinion) and you should try and get around to trying them all.

Matchamatsu
December 12th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Thief or Martial artist would probably be the easiest classes to start on for a beginner. You'll have freedom to choose between pulling in parties or soloing and can try out pvp if you're into that. Both classes have good survivability and come with mp/hp recovering skills.
Thief has a lot of useful skills you can sub onto other jobs later on in the game. Four in particular which I'd like to point out..
fast getaway + run amok (increase movement speed)
pilfer + pillage (steal recipes from monsters, excellent if you want to craft your own armor/weapons)

It is possible to level martial artist as a tank with merc subs as well if you ever become interested in that.
Fencer and dancer are good aoe classes to pick for beginners as well.

Doctor will be needed if you wish to solo on any class, you can use subs from other magic based classes (shaman + wizard subs work well) to level it up or just support in teams :)

MinatoU
December 12th, 2014, 02:46 PM
If you are soloing maybe the first 30 levels before finding your feet in the game I can really recommend Shaman or Thief, Primarily the skills Spring Cleaning on Shaman or Control Breathing on Thief, they will really help out when you decide to try out other jobs.

They both are pretty simple to play; Shaman can Kite pretty easily and with short cooldowns it's kind of relaxing to play and Thief with an Agi build can stay standing for longer than your average job

LoIcatKumi
December 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I won't tell the class you should choose, but more the classes you should not take as first job, because they are not a good start :

Mercenary : DPS too low at low level, party oriented.
Martial Artist : same problem for DPS
Doctor : you should only get it for equipping first aid as sub skill.
Muse : party oriented, useless without a pet
Wizard : the main problem is not a money sink (you can have tons of scrolls on low level monsters). The main problem is the MP sink and the high cooldown time of skill. Wizard should alway be used at second evolution of a shaman.
Witch Doctor : the only problem here is to reach Darkdale at low level and have enough HP to handle HP sunking skills (and after it's an uber class!! ;_; ). For the money sink it's the same as wizard : bugs can be found on low level monsters (so no problem here).
Merchant : You need to have 20,000G in stock to apply... so you can't start with it..

So remaining (starting) classes are :

The best are these 3 :
BM : With only first aid (doc) as sub, you can level with no problem at all... and without team (that was my starting job on Aeria)
Fencer : MP will never be a problem in Fencer. You should stuck on the first skill set and only use element and aspd effect. No need of a team at low level. Using MP sunking skills for PvE is dumb.
Dancer : ASPD based class. You just have to master quickly AoE effects of some skills to avoid problem. (and you have the coolest visual effects of the game ;_; )

A bit more problematic are these :
Thief : lack of damage output. Thief levelling is quite slow and if you don't know which skills sub you will hit a wall around lvl 30-40 (it was my starting class on GameTribe, I hitted the wall but this was at that time I got the most experience of the game trying several things to correct it)
Shaman : magic has high cooldown at low level. And you hit mp holes quite fastly. So the levelling is slow.
Hunter : arrow can be found easily on low level monsters. Hunter should be levelled altogether with Thief is you want to max each class best capacity (and same for Thief if you want to get rid of the lvl 30-40 wall).

Mitzruti
December 12th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Inquiry the first: do you intend to try to join aoe parties, or focus on soloing? (some classes are more desirable to partys than others; especially early on. some classes are rather slow solo without proper subs)
Inquiry the Second: what sort of class do you want to "main"? (little point in leveling something that's not going to help you do what you want)

also, some classes require to decide what you really want to get out of them - changing your mind half way through pretty much requires a respec (for example, muse. either party or pet muse will use pretty much every skill point you have, and splitting them makes you bad at both things) so you may want to focus on classes that you're already certain of what path you want to take with them.

Kitababie
December 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Although the qualification requires a few steps, Dancer is always my beginning job. The aoes are easy to use, it don't require the use of scrolls (like wizard), and it's a rather durable class. Also, someone mentioned getting the doctor job. I highly recommended this. Even if you don't level it right away, it's heals will definitely be useful to sub on any starter job you choose. :)

Divini
December 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. You're all really helpful!

I will definitely get the doc qualification at the start no matter what I do, as many suggested. I'm still taking the rest in. Really good advice here, and it's a lot to think over.

I have some additional questions:

Dancer is a good choice because it can either solo or team, with the same build. Has the best survivability of the AoE classes, and can be useful late-game by reskilling to different dances.

Is reskilling difficult to do? Some games I've played makes it expensive but uses in-game money, but others require the cash shop. I'm wondering how viable it is to perhaps level with an easier skill set, and switch to a late game one later.

Some of the other classes aren't immediately available to you (Merc, Thief, MA, Dancer, Muse, WD, Merch, Hunter), so you're really choosing between BM, Fencer, Doc, Sham, and Wizard.

That's new info to me. I didn't know you can only pick from those 5 from the start. What's limiting you from choosing those at the start? Cash? Experience level? Also kind of surprised you can't pick Thief first because I've seen people recommend it.

Musician is a GREAT soloer, but you need a ruby (cat) pet to do so

My question about pets is: I know you can only get it from the cash shop, but is it something that you can just get straight away? (Like, if I want a certain type of pet: pick from the menu, buy it, and bam I have it?), or is it something like a Gatcha system were you have a random chance of getting the one you want?

Inquiry the first: do you intend to try to join aoe parties, or focus on soloing? (some classes are more desirable to partys than others; especially early on. some classes are rather slow solo without proper subs)
Inquiry the Second: what sort of class do you want to "main"? (little point in leveling something that's not going to help you do what you want)

1. I'll play my strengths to whatever class I pick. If it specializes in aoe/support/healing I'll party as much as I can. If it solos better then I'll solo. It's just that with DOMO it seems you need a base foundation of subs to perform well later in the game, so as long as I can build that foundation up it doesn't really matter my method of getting there.

2. I'm the type that likes any role equally (tank, melee dps, range dps, caster dps, support) as long as its fun and engaging. I'd like to try out a lot of different jobs at this game before I decide. With that said, I'm burned out from tanking in the last MMO I played, so I'm a lot less keen on maining a Spear Merc.

Another question of mine, is PvP in this game an afterthought (like dueling for fun), or is there any kind of reward incentive: for example: A PvP arena with rewards or guild vs guild system?

Carecrow
December 12th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. You're all really helpful!

I will definitely get the doc qualification at the start no matter what I do, as many suggested. I'm still taking the rest in. Really good advice here, and it's a lot to think over.

I have some additional questions:

Is reskilling difficult to do? Some games I've played makes it expensive but uses in-game money, but others require the cash shop. I'm wondering how viable it is to perhaps level with an easier skill set, and switch to a late game one later.

That's new info to me. I didn't know you can only pick from those 5 from the start. What's limiting you from choosing those at the start? Cash? Experience level? Also kind of surprised you can't pick Thief first because I've seen people recommend it.

My question about pets is: I know you can only get it from the cash shop, but is it something that you can just get straight away? (Like, if I want a certain type of pet: pick from the menu, buy it, and bam I have it?), or is it something like a Gatcha system were you have a random chance of getting the one you want?

1. I'll play my strengths to whatever class I pick. If it specializes in aoe/support/healing I'll party as much as I can. If it solos better then I'll solo. It's just that with DOMO it seems you need a base foundation of subs to perform well later in the game, so as long as I can build that foundation up it doesn't really matter my method of getting there.

2. I'm the type that likes any role equally (tank, melee dps, range dps, caster dps, support) as long as its fun and engaging. I'd like to try out a lot of different jobs at this game before I decide. With that said, I'm burned out from tanking in the last MMO I played, so I'm a lot less keen on maining a Spear Merc.

Another question of mine, is PvP in this game an afterthought (like dueling for fun), or is there any kind of reward incentive: for example: A PvP arena with rewards or guild vs guild system?

You can reskill at level 15 or lower for free at the naturally-gifted man, otherwise it requires an item that will probably be item mall exclusive (but tradeable in-game). You're most likely to require a reskill if you're switching from pve to pvp or from aoe/team to solo focussed, which is usually slightly before level 50. Unless they're ridiculously priced for whatever reason, you should be able to afford a reskill by then.

You're not limited to any job. You can access all of them from level 10, some just require you to collect items, paying a small fee, walking a few places etc.

You can get a metal egg free by completing the pet quest: http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Pet_quest. Meru is an eggsploiter pet, which is unaffected by musician's pet sounds. Eggsploiter pets are as you mentioned. Otherwise you will probably be using a pet token, and leveling it up from an egg.

Dueling can be fun, but might not be as complex as you'd think. You can't manually dodge skills.. it comes down mostly to magic accuracy/magic evasion for whether skills hit or miss. There wasn't a huge incentive aside from titles, mediocre items and the emp sword, with gives you 200% atk http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Emperor%27s_Sword_weapon. There was a guild vs guild system, but it was introduced late on in Aeria, and was pretty imbalanced.

Kirbychu
December 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM
As someone mentioned, you can reskill (and restat) for free at the NPC next to the class change guy in the Dojo, but after 15 you will need to purchase a reskill (or restat if you need to change stats) from either the cash shop or another player. We have no way of knowing how expensive they will be, so it's best to try and not mess up your skills or stats once you hit 15. The Wikia has great build suggestions and you can always ask guildmates or random people what skills or stats are best for your class. To give you a bit of perspective: on Aeria version, reskills/restats fluctuated greatly in price from 50k to like 250k or more; on TW version they are over 1m...

All classes are available at level 10 and each require a different qualification quest to complete before they are unlocked. Merchant you will not be able to do unless you have 20k gold, so that is not something you can do immediately. The other classes, however you can unlock them all at level 10 but some of them require a lot of walking (Thief quest for example is a lot of back and forth between two connecting zones, and Witch Doctor one starts in a completely different city). The only class that requires anything more is Sorcerer - which was not available in Aeria version and in TW version requires Wizard and Shaman both level 70 to unlock.

There is the free metal pet you can get from a quest, but metal is one of the worst pets in the game. Still it's free so it's good to get (though the quest can be hard). The pet tokens are random - you can get any of the 6 pets (and possibly more depending on how updated this client is gonna be) from one token - and rubys seem to be the 2nd rarest after lily (the girl pet). If they (Suba) does what TW version does and have all Special Edition pet colors in the same pet token as original, expect to see a LOT of original pets floating around at dirt cheap prices in a few months. Hopefully they do what Aeria did though and add Special Edition pet tokens...

There is an arena, but I didn't spend much time in it myself. It didn't really see a lot of use except for right after it was released. There are also PK zones that are separate instances (and really rather pointless also). Mostly people just duel. PvP isn't really as big in DOMO as it is in some other games. This may be a turn-off for some people.

Dyyn
December 12th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Merchant is the best beginner job because it lets you have more things for sale in your stalls. Farm 20k when you hit level ten and become a Merchant and it's GG for the rest of your DoMO career! Have fun!

Leonilef
December 12th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I've always found Shaman to be my favorite mostly because it is a solid solo class and you can't always rely on on players for various things.

BlackBlade636
December 13th, 2014, 12:58 AM

Restats and reskills are cash shop items that can be bought from other players in-game. As others said, you can restat/reskill for free under lvl 15. In my time on Domo, I saw restat/reskill go from 20-25k to 80-100k.

The reason that was said about the jobs is because they were not all out from the start. As Aeria put out updates, it came with "new" jobs along with maps, etc... We're not sure as to how much Suba will release, but we think it'll be as much as Aeria did.

As for pets, there is a pet quest to get a free metal that can be done at any time. (Can be redone to help others, but can get more then one pet.) The quest can be hard to do and metals are pretty much the worst pet to train with. You can buy a pet token and use it in-game to get one of six pets at random. Pets start at lvl 1 (egg) and evo at lvls: 10, 40, and 60.

As for first jobs: I also highly recommend getting doc first. Some say to just get it for lvl 1 first aid, but I say to level it to maybe lvl 15 for Regeneration. Doc was my first and one of my strongest jobs my first time around and will be this time also.

You can go right into training shaman to save some money. They both use the same robes. Dancer is also a great starting job because it's a good all around job for both solo or team training and armor is pretty cheap to start off. Again, that armor can be used on muse. As for thief, I always loved that class. Only got it to lvl 50 and was about to level it more when Domo closed down.

Kitababie
December 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Restats and reskills are cash shop items that can be bought from other players in-game. As others said, you can restat/reskill for free under lvl 15. In my time on Domo, I saw restat/reskill go from 20-25k to 80-100k.
I only bought reskills for 25-50k. Those 100k ones were OP lol.

DOMOAKFrost
December 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM

That's because it was Aeria. Reskill go for 4 mil on IC.

BlackBlade636
December 14th, 2014, 01:51 AM

Oh I never paid that much for one. By the time they got to that price, I was well into Domo and didn't need them. I think the most I paid for one was around 55k.

Gambachi
December 14th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Just a heads up but depending on when they release some of the jobs could effect things. Practically all versions have had to wait for the Dancer, Merchant and Witch Doctor jobs. Aeria's release schedule for those jobs looked like..

12/11/2007 Closed Beta Starts
09/06/2008 Dancer Released
14/07/2008 Merchant Released
8/12/2008 Merchant Life Quests Released
11/06/2009 Witch Doctor Released (1.5 years after CB! :EEK: )

So yeah if the trend continues, don't get any hopes up on playing those 3 classes for the first few months.

If you want to get an idea of what was released and when in the previous updates..

User:SSF/Release Dates - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/User:SSF/Release_Dates)

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Depending on when they release some of the jobs could effect things. Practically all versions have had to wait for the Dancer, Merchant and Witch Doctor jobs. Aeria's release schedule for those jobs looked like..

So yeah if the trend continues, don't get any hopes up on playing those 3 classes for the first few months.

If you want to get an idea of what was released and when in the previous updates..

User:SSF/Release Dates - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/User:SSF/Release_Dates)

Aeria didn't start with fencer either. I remember a friend who practically jumped over herself to switch to fencer (she was a BM).

Dyyn
December 14th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Challenge mode: We start with only Doctor.

Gambachi
December 14th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Aeria didn't start with fencer either. I remember a friend who practically jumped over herself to switch to fencer (she was a BM).

The wiki doesn't mention the Fencer but will take you'r word for it. Dang and I was hoping to start with Fencer as well. :P

Belzughast
December 14th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Fencer landed somewhere in 2008 as far as I can recall but yeah I was waiting on that class as well and hell was I disappointed when I got to play it.

Divini
December 14th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Just a heads up but depending on when they release some of the jobs could effect things. Practically all versions have had to wait for the Dancer, Merchant and Witch Doctor jobs. Aeria's release schedule for those jobs looked like..

Wow, that's quite a lot of time before dancer was released.

It looks like for the Japanese version it got released in Open Beta though. I'd imagine Suba's version released 9 years after the original would be more progressive when it launches as well.

Miradora
December 14th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I would imagine probably something along the lines of the patch order that HK Domo received. They got the original 14 jobs very quickly. It didn't mention Fencer on the website, though, so I am not sure whether they opened with it.

DoMO Guide Archives View topic - HK Domo Content Update History (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131)

BlackBlade636
December 14th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Aside from Dancer, the other two or three jobs aren't good for a first job. Also, didn't Suba say there will be five updates within the first year because of the kickstarter?

Kitababie
December 14th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Wow, that's quite a lot of time before dancer was released.

It looks like for the Japanese version it got released in Open Beta though. I'd imagine Suba's version released 9 years after the original would be more progressive when it launches as well.

Dancer wasn't released in AG because it was bugged. And, of course, they were slow to get it fixed lol. So it will probably (and hopefully, as it is my FAVORITE class) be out during start-up.

DOMOAKFrost
December 15th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Dancer wasn't released in AG because it was bugged. And, of course, they were slow to get it fixed lol. So it will probably (and hopefully, as it is my FAVORITE class) be out during start-up.

I don't remember any dancer bugs at all. Though, back in 2008 they were in no hurry to rush patches.

Gambachi
December 15th, 2014, 06:18 AM
I would imagine probably something along the lines of the patch order that HK Domo received. They got the original 14 jobs very quickly. It didn't mention Fencer on the website, though, so I am not sure whether they opened with it.

DoMO Guide Archives View topic - HK Domo Content Update History (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131)

One can only hope. Actually I do remember now that Suba said something along the lines of that they will release 5 patches with in the first year or something. Can only speculate what they might contain but hopefully means we will not be waiting as long as last for those jobs.

AndreaY
December 15th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I'd prefer to start with vanilla version, to make even the new players get a grasp of game and mechanics, then gradually release things later; I know someone have their reasons to ask (almost) all released at once, but my POV on that differs, will be left to SG and devs decide how to release, they have stats and surely know what is best course of action.

LilKizuna
December 16th, 2014, 05:06 AM
If I recall right they released Dancer earlier than that and had it pulled for some apparent reason. Somehow I still had Dancer subbed at the time with my Doctor lel was funny killing people with its AoE.

~Lil_Kizuna

EnochP
December 16th, 2014, 06:30 AM
I'd prefer to start with vanilla version, to make even the new players get a grasp of game and mechanics, then gradually release things later; I know someone have their reasons to ask (almost) all released at once, but my POV on that differs, will be left to SG and devs decide how to release, they have stats and surely know what is best course of action.

This. a similar pace to Aeria would be good, to pace ourselves. I'd even be happy with some higher level zones being locked off for a bit