PDA

View Full Version : Random DOMO Trivia

EnochP
December 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I'm sure it's been a long time since many of us have played DOMO, and have probably forgotten a lot about it, so I'd thought since we're waiting and all we could post obscure facts and doo-dads about the game. Anything goes here, because some people might be new entirely. And lord knows I'll need some reminding :COOL:

So, off the top of my head

You can buy paper armour replicas of higher leveled armour near the back of the main city
All the merchants seem to be related (suggesting some sort of corrupt family owned mafia cartel? hmm? hmmmmm?)
there's 3 zombie blokes that talk to each other and get proper upset like when you murder them infront of each other

So yeah, any little random information tid-bits are a go :P Any random information what so ever, let's remind ourselves about the fun little details

LadyMae
December 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM
-There exist an multidimensional library maze in domo.
-PAS's in Aeria DOMO cost about 100k each, while PAS's in TW domo cost about 5k each
-There's a secret garden in Big Beam

Belzughast
December 14th, 2014, 11:13 AM
There is an entrance to the world of Pandoras Box in Neptunes Temple. Very odd location btw.

Gambachi
December 14th, 2014, 11:21 AM
This is a slight speed difference between the races when flying. Shura's being the slowest and Sprite's being the fastest. :awsum:

ShadowKnightZero
December 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
pilfering Recipies for Alchemy from monsters is a 5% chance(hoping to god they changed that)

You can have multiple lovers (Harem anybody? XD))

Carecrow
December 14th, 2014, 12:50 PM
You can have multiple lovers (Harem anybody? XD))

but you can only have one wife/husband (anti-polygamy much?)

ChocolateMinT
December 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
There's a family of Kukus in one of the maps that talks and will cut through your heart if you kill one of them.

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM
All the merchants seem to be related (suggesting some sort of corrupt family owned mafia cartel? hmm? hmmmmm?)

that's because their chinese names are all lame puns like "sell armor", "sell weapon", "sell items", "sell recipes". the last name "麥” (mai) is homophonic to "sell", which became "marshall" because they both start with "ma".

EnochP
December 14th, 2014, 02:02 PM
This is a slight speed difference between the races when flying. Shura's being the slowest and Sprite's being the fastest. :awsum:

Is this true? I heard races where going to have slight skill boosts and nerfs but they stopped it

What where the original differences?

EnochP
December 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM
that's because their chinese names are all lame puns like "sell armor", "sell weapon", "sell items", "sell recipes". the last name "麥” (mai) is homophonic to "sell", which became "marshall" because they both start with "ma".

I prefer the explanation that the marshall brothers simply killed off all the other competition by breaking their knee caps

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Is this true? I heard races where going to have slight skill boosts and nerfs but they stopped it

shura's -1, sprite's +1, you can see with fly speed.

Originally iirc sylph had +2 wis on every job or something. It wasn't a huge difference.

Dyyn
December 14th, 2014, 02:28 PM

Originally iirc sylph had +2 wis on every job or something. It wasn't a huge difference.

I bet that +2 wis would have made magic classes more endgame viable.

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I bet that +2 wis would have made magic classes more endgame viable.

I'm sure people appreciated the 1 more matk and like 10 more MP or something.

EnochP
December 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Odd. I'd imagine female shuras being cats would be fairly speedy. I assume male shuras hit harder or something?

Shiroyaksha
December 14th, 2014, 02:57 PM
There is 14 jobs that you can change at dojo and SUB some jobs on the one you are using o.ob
There is NO Collington Elder. Darkdale and Eversun Elders is well one is a perv dude another just a retard.
Mirror Academy - is an awesome building. But its pain to get the title :D and ofc our lovable sprites is being meanies and trying to kill us while doing those quests :D

Kirbychu
December 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM
- You can kill the Flying Frog King before level 15, but can't actually turn the item in until 15 (I never knew this for the longest time).
- There's an NPC in Eversun that sells all gathering tools.
- You can equip a shield with the platinum/golden spear, but the axe one is 2-handed iirc.
- If you die over 200 times you get a title and the orz emote.
- You get a different title for each amount of lovers you have up to 5, and an emote if you have 3. The title for 5 lovers is different depending on your gender.
- You can reskill or restat completely for free up to level 15 at an NPC in the Dojo. This does not work on Commoner for some reason.
- You can not change classes while transformed into another race or monster.
- If you change zones, any summoned eggsploiter will disappear (this includes Saras/Meru).
- You can create a supercombo by using combos in one of four different color orders.
- When doing the Thief qualification quest, the prices are different each time you talk to the NPC's who charge you gold - allowing you to cancel the conversation and start again until you get the lowest price. Really you'd only save a few gold though so there's little point in doing so.

That's all I can think of for now.

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 03:48 PM
- You can reskill or restat completely for free up to level 15 at an NPC in the Dojo. This does not work on Commoner for some reason.

This is so you can't reskill your commoner at will to use different gathering abilities without leveling it up.

Miradora
December 14th, 2014, 04:06 PM
-There exist an multidimensional library maze in domo.

There's a new multi-part raid that now uses an instanced copy of this map. IIRC it's called Tower of Trials, and the end boss is Heretical Hydra. (The fastest time on the IC billboard is 13 min 4 sec, though this might be because I think you have to clear floors before you can move on)

-There's a secret garden in Big Beam

As of the Sorcerer Patch on IC, this garden is part of the questline to enter the bigbeam dungeon, and anybody can walk in and out using a portal. They also added a few npcs and objects in in there related to the quest.

This site has the original P2P stats of each race for most of the jobs at 10, among a lot of other information (though it's in Chinese). It went down a long, long ago so you can only view it through archive.org now.
https://web.archive.org/web/20060424123423/http://domo.cc-infos.com/

- There is a giant robot boss, so tall that you you probably won't see above his waist while fighting him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQdBTp3Qqk

- There's an instance with nothing but bullcarp mobs.
- There is an achievement for staying in the guild cottage without leaving for 3 days straight.
- There is also one for laying dead on the ground for 20 minutes.
- if you Hit Ctrl-F12 a mini browser pops up ingame. However, if you try to go off the domo website it opens the new links in internet explorer instead.
- A lot of the npcs in Bigbeam city will start following you if you talk to them, so you can drag them across the map, and they will linger where you move them to. You can gather a whole bunch of them in one place this way.
- One year Aeria had a halloween event where the GMs placed a bunch of kids around various maps who would trade trick of treat bags for candy. However, there was a kid in East Sea Plains called 'Kid with No Soul', who would trade you coal for candy instead. I never found a use for the coal he gave me, and it has no sale value either.

I might post more stuff later.

Oxycore
December 14th, 2014, 04:16 PM
This site has the original P2P stats of each race for most of the jobs at 10, among a lot of other information (though it's in Chinese). It went down a long, long ago so you can only view it through archive.org now.
https://web.archive.org/web/20060424123423/http://domo.cc-infos.com/

For the people that can't read traditional Chinese characters, the race info is under "種族介紹".

Humans used to have starting stats of 7 str, 5 phy, 5 wis, 5 agi, 5 dex, 6 sta.

Shura used to have 8 str, 7 phy, 4 wis, 4 agi, 4 dex, 7 sta.

Sylphs used to have 5 str, 5 phy, 7 wis, 6 agi, 6 dex, 5 sta.

Sprites used to have 6 str, 5 phy, 6 wis, 6 agi, 6 dex, 5 sta.

Now, all races start with 6 str, 5 phy, 5 wis, 5 agi, 5 dex, 5 sta.

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 04:18 PM
For the people that can't read traditional Chinese characters, the race info is under "種族介紹".

Humans used to have starting stats of 7 str, 5 phy, 5 wis, 5 agi, 5 dex, 6 sta.

Shura used to have 8 str, 7 phy, 4 wis, 4 agi, 4 dex, 7 sta.

Sylphs used to have 5 str, 5 phy, 7 wis, 6 agi, 6 dex, 5 sta.

Sprites used to have 6 str, 5 phy, 6 wis, 6 agi, 6 dex, 5 sta.

Now, all races start with 6 str, 5 phy, 5 wis, 5 agi, 5 dex, 5 sta.

sta is durability?

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM
but you can only have one wife/husband (anti-polygamy much?)

Just like real life. You can have as many lovers as you want, but only one legal spouse.

Oxycore
December 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
sta is durability?

Yeah.

Sorry, got mixed up between game stats.

I meant stamina/durability/endurance :)

GraceySells
December 14th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Pu's are the most diverse creatures in DOMO, with 20* types, including:
Mama Pu, Papa Pu, Lil Pu, Dairy Pu Mama, Dairy Pu Dada, Lil Dairy Pu, Pupu President, Pu/pu, Wild Pupu, Flying Pupu, Premier Pupu, Pure White Pupu, Flying Pupu Pugilist, Pupu President Corpse, Wild Flying Pupu, Greedy Pu, Speedy Pu, Blue Pu, Cherry Pu, and the Black Pu.

As opposed to 7 types of poos in the real world (http://media.mercola.com/imageserver/public/2013/January/stool-chart.jpg).
*I might be forgetting some.

Vanland
December 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
There's a family of Kukus in one of the maps that talks and will cut through your heart if you kill one of them.
Don't remind me .. the first time I saw that dialogue as a young bloke I literally felt bad about it for days.

PsychoIndy
December 14th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Can solo the pet quest in Farrell Family Crypt. Easier with a Witch Doctor bug. Forget the name of the bug, but it was a red one.
Only way of getting into Neptune's Temple, was to fly into the entance portal for it.
All jobs have the SAME lvl 40 Life Quest.
Speaking of Life Quests, the only one which a team is needed is the Mercenary lvl 30 Life quest. Everyone in the team MUST be a Mercenary for it to work.

DOMOAKFrost
December 14th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Only way of getting into Neptune's Temple, was to fly into the entance portal for it.

Actually, you can talk to the ferryman on the dock of Tranquilton to get teleported onto the island.

It's just nobody bothers with it because flying is faster.

ChocolateMinT
December 14th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Don't remind me .. the first time I saw that dialogue as a young bloke I literally felt bad about it for days.
-gives Vanland a hug and offers him a tissue- Bloke? And yeah it was sad D:

Not really a trivia, but I thought it was fun seeing the races do material gathering. Male Shuras are masters of doing things with one hand lol

Kirbychu
December 15th, 2014, 12:26 AM
- There is an achievement for staying in the guild cottage without leaving for 3 days straight.
- There is also one for laying dead on the ground for 20 minutes.
These I did not know about as we didn't have achievements in Aeria version - hopefully we have them in this one...I'll definitely be hunting achievements if we do.

- A lot of the npcs in Bigbeam city will start following you if you talk to them, so you can drag them across the map, and they will linger where you move them to. You can gather a whole bunch of them in one place this way.
I definitely wanna do this...

- You can drag multiple people into chat rooms in the in-game messenger. Boy is this feature annoying...
- You can whisper someone by double-clicking their name in the chat box.
- You can cycle through things you previously said by pressing the up arrow key iirc.
- You can also drag and drop entire conversations into the chat bar to re-say them, but this makes your name appear twice. You can save chat as hotkeys this way as well. Useful for embarrassing guildies later.
- You can fly on any weapon you can equip - not just the flying sword you get from flying quest. There also flying costume items like a flying carpet or a cloud.
- If you have one of those hanging box things (perm eggsploiters basically), make sure you are at least the level of the monster before you summon it - or it will attack you. I found this out in the guild cottage one day...

LuLuNoir
December 15th, 2014, 05:34 AM
If someone dies while following you.

You can drag their corpse around.

Also emote action + regen = emote face for a while

Carecrow
December 15th, 2014, 05:45 AM
You can make your hotkeys sexier than the default

http://i.imgur.com/U9iFJHp.png

DOMOAKFrost
December 15th, 2014, 02:02 PM
You can make your hotkeys sexier than the default

http://i.imgur.com/U9iFJHp.png

You have no idea how much it blew my mind when I first found out.

HealerKun
December 15th, 2014, 04:46 PM
male shuras turn me on . . . im a guy ...

Carecrow
December 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM

Surveys indicate 73% of female shuras are played by males.

AnonymousNA
December 15th, 2014, 06:45 PM
You can change the skill level of any skill, and are not stuck using the highest rank. This is most notable for Doctor's skill to make someone completely immune to all damage for a time, and Doctor's Regeneration.

In addition, as long as you don't have a target, using a skill will set it onto your mouse (just like most games) BUT you can mouse scroll to change the level of the skill.

Mercenaries can wield the widest range of equipment without requiring another job's Equip passive. As I recall, it is the only job capable of wearing 2 different sets of armor. Unfortunately, many of the weapons it can equip cannot be used without penalty.

Miradora
December 15th, 2014, 07:23 PM
After using the skill to set it on to your mouse, if it's a targeted buff or heal, you can also press Alt-1 to self cast. Alt-2 will cast it on the person first in your party list, and so on.

Superstarstrike
December 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM
-Batons are the only type of weapon that cannot be equipped on any other job besides Commoner.

-There's a small chance of getting the Genius Seizer title when playing the slots at Seizer's Palace, allowing you to get their tokens for a discounts.

-Excluding unreleased and event exclusive titles, it's literally impossible to have all the titles in the game on one character, as some are gender based. Most of which are cup size titles.

With this being said, female characters that aren't Sprites are able to get the most titles, with the Hunky and Handsome title being the only one unavailable to them.
Furthermore, if a male character (or female Sprite) ask Mrs. Magic Eye about their cup size, they will get an embarassing scolding.

so much sexism

-There's the Pupu President that can appear as a boss in Eversun South, but there's also Pupu President Corpses that appear as a regular (yet bulky) mob in the Inn Basement. It could be a coincidence...or not.

-The Forest Kuku King is the only Kuku King that has his servants to attack you before you're able to challenge him.

-Every monster can drop Dreamstones, but they're usually very rare drops. They drop more frequently from bosses.

-The Kuku Family in Eversun South and Pupu Family in Swan Lake Basin will attack you after having a brief conversation with themselves involving you invading their territory. However, if you are at least one level higher than each of them, they will be afraid to bother you.

-Several of the same mobs and bosses can appear in different maps. Some of them even switch roles. Examples: War Wolf (a Blaktoa boss and Pandora's Grotto mob), Ivy Spirit (mob in Grassgreen Square and Pandora's Box), and Mini Moth Fairy (a boss in both East Sea Plain and Pandora's Box).

-Even monsters have jobs. This indicates their high (and possibly weak) stat points, and often correlates to a character's job. For instance, Blademaster monsters will have higher attack, Dancer monsters will have higher magic evasion, etc.

-Unlike many other games, monsters in DoMO have little to no indication if they will be aggro or not beforehand. Furthermore, there's several different types of aggro.

Some will attack if your HP is less than half
Some will attack if you have aleady attacked the same species
Some will attack if a monster is already attacking you

Shirayuri
December 15th, 2014, 08:26 PM
- You can also drag and drop entire conversations into the chat bar to re-say them, but this makes your name appear twice. You can save chat as hotkeys this way as well. Useful for embarrassing guildies later.

This was one of my favorite features in DoMo. My guild had some pretty funny ones.

As for other things:
-The worst quest that the Darkdale Elder gives is the dreaded "Average/Average." It requires you to find someone with average luck in provider's providence and... what was the other one called? Something to do with fighting...
-Higher level material collection areas have a sadly low success rate, making it almost necessary to just buy forager fairies.
-"Fame points" are awarded for killing bosses, and apparently have no affect other than there being a list of players on a board with the highest fame points. I guess there were fame-related titles... if they were implemented, it was after I left.

AnonymousNA
December 15th, 2014, 08:34 PM
-"Fame points" are awarded for killing bosses, and apparently have no affect other than there being a list of players on a board with the highest fame points. I guess there were fame-related titles... if they were implemented, it was after I left.

However, a portion of the Fame you earn while in a Guild will contribute to a Guild's Fame, to help level up the Guild (iirc). I don't remember if Boss kills contribute (the wikia doesn't list it) but I thought they did give a few points.

ChocolateMinT
December 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM
-Excluding unreleased and event exclusive titles, it's literally impossible to have all the titles in the game on one character, as some are gender based. Most of which are cup size titles.

With this being said, female characters that aren't Sprites are able to get the most titles, with the Hunky and Handsome title being the only one unavailable to them.
Furthermore, if a male character (or female Sprite) ask Mrs. Magic Eye about their cup size, they will get an embarassing scolding.

so much sexism

-There's the Pupu President that can appear as a boss in Eversun South, but there's also Pupu President Corpses that appear as a regular (yet bulky) mob in the Inn Basement. It could be a coincidence...or not.

-The Forest Kuku King is the only Kuku King that has his servants to attack you before you're able to challenge him.

-Every monster can drop Dreamstones, but they're usually very rare drops. They drop more frequently from bosses.

-The Kuku Family in Eversun South and Pupu Family in Swan Lake Basin will attack you after having a brief conversation with themselves involving you invading their territory. However, if you are at least one level higher than each of them, they will be afraid to bother you.

-Several of the same mobs and bosses can appear in different maps. Some of them even switch roles. Examples: War Wolf (a Blaktoa boss and Pandora's Grotto mob), Ivy Spirit (mob in Grassgreen Square and Pandora's Box), and Mini Moth Fairy (a boss in both East Sea Plain and Pandora's Box).

-Even monsters have jobs. This indicates their high (and possibly weak) stat points, and often correlates to a character's job. For instance, Blademaster monsters will have higher attack, Dancer monsters will have higher magic evasion, etc.

-Unlike many other games, monsters in DoMO have little to no indication if they will be aggro or not beforehand. Furthermore, there's several different types of aggro.

Some will attack if your HP is less than half
Some will attack if you have aleady attacked the same species
Some will attack if a monster is already attacking you

This entire topic is the reason why I find DoMO to be full of interesting and kinda innovated things. Though, can you imagine the horror of a Hunky M Sprite? That Freddy costume on them is pretty scary. Such angst for F Sprites however ):. They should get like Petite Pride or Pettanko.

Oxycore
December 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/664df21ea49bb57a05aea291751164441408288565_full.jp g

UmbyZero
December 15th, 2014, 11:46 PM

Me too, but they're not as hawt as Eden Eternal bears. RAWR! XD

Carecrow
December 16th, 2014, 12:02 AM
However, a portion of the Fame you earn while in a Guild will contribute to a Guild's Fame, to help level up the Guild (iirc). I don't remember if Boss kills contribute (the wikia doesn't list it) but I thought they did give a few points.

They don't.

Shirayuri
December 16th, 2014, 01:54 AM

What I was referring to was not boss killing for elder quests or mirror quests, but just plain going out and killing bosses for personal fame. I was also quite the guild fame-grinder back when I played Aeria DoMo. Guild fame, iirc, only came from elder quests, certain mirror quests, guild quests, having a student level up to 20 under the teacher/student system, and using guild reputation scrolls. Personal fame also comes from some of those, but is counted in a completely separate way.

Kirbychu
December 16th, 2014, 02:06 AM

Ways to get guild fame (according to DOMO Wikia):
- elder quests (Eversun gives 9 after 25 quests, Darkdale gives 25 after 25 quests)
- guild reputation scrolls (give one per scroll and are not cheap in game usually)
- mirror quests (missions 5, 6, and 7 give 10 guild fame each)
- madam malachite (gives 15)
- getting a student to level 20 (forget how much this gives)

Your personal fame has nothing to do with guild fame, and personal fame has no effect on anything unless you want titles or to be "famous" on the player board. I think some people don't even know about the billboard thing...

- There are billboards set up around DOMO where you can view the top ranked guilds (by fame), and players (by fame, pk/pvp kills, gold, online time, weekly/monthly number of monsters killed, etc.)
- You can sit, kneel, or orz to regenerate hp/mp faster.
- If you use a racial transformation scroll, your character's appearance in that other race will be dependent on which number hairstyle/face you chose.
- You get exp as you hit a mob instead of just after killing it, so the more hp a monster has, the more exp it will give.

EnochP
December 16th, 2014, 06:34 AM
- elder quests (Eversun gives 9 after 25 quests, Darkdale gives 25 after 25 quests)
- guild reputation scrolls (give one per scroll and are not cheap in game usually)
- getting a student to level 20 (forget how much this gives)

Your personal fame has nothing to do with guild fame, and personal fame has no effect on anything unless you want titles or to be "famous" on the player board. I think some people don't even know about the billboard thing...

- There are billboards set up around DOMO where you can view the top ranked guilds (by fame), and players (by fame, pk/pvp kills, gold, online time, weekly/monthly number of monsters killed, etc.)
- You can sit, kneel, or orz to regenerate hp/mp faster.
- If you use a racial transformation scroll, your character's appearance in that other race will be dependent on which number hairstyle/face you chose.
- You get exp as you hit a mob instead of just after killing it, so the more hp a monster has, the more exp it will give.

Never knew sitting healed you faster. by how much? And exp per hit? So how did doctors and the like level up?

Damn, I've forgot so much

SirPwn
December 16th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Never knew sitting healed you faster. by how much? And exp per hit? So how did doctors and the like level up?

Damn, I've forgot so much

Regen rate while sitting is MUCH higher than standing, but being hit makes you stand up so you can only sit if the nearby area is clear of hostile mobs, or if someone else tanks all the aggro. Experience IS awarded according to damage dealt (with the exception of damage-over-time skills, whose damage is awarded to whoever gets in the last hit). Doctor and other support classes gain experience via team exp share; a certain percentage of exp gained is given to nearby team members, much like how you can give exp to pets.

EnochP
December 16th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Regen rate while sitting is MUCH higher than standing, but being hit makes you stand up so you can only sit if the nearby area is clear of hostile mobs, or if someone else tanks all the aggro. Experience IS awarded according to damage dealt (with the exception of damage-over-time skills, whose damage is awarded to whoever gets in the last hit). Doctor and other support classes gain experience via team exp share; a certain percentage of exp gained is given to nearby team members, much like how you can give exp to pets.

Ah right, I vaguely remember having wizard subs on my doctor so I could level up faster, that explains that then

SirPwn
December 16th, 2014, 07:21 AM
You can change the skill level of any skill, and are not stuck using the highest rank. This is most notable for Doctor's skill to make someone completely immune to all damage for a time, and Doctor's Regeneration.

In relation to this:
Subbing high level skills on a low level job does not mean instant-win.
-Skills can only be used if you are within 10 levels of the original level requirement. For example, subbing Inner Magic (level 33 Doc skill) on another job requires you to be AT LEAST level 23 to use its first level. Level 2 Inner Magic (learned at 37) requires level 27, and so on.
- Additionally, subbing magic skills onto physical jobs, or vice versa, results in increased costs and cooldowns, and duration penalties. Something to consider if you were looking to create a fire ball throwing, iron-clad martial artist...

LadyMae
December 16th, 2014, 10:35 AM
- getting a student to level 20 (forget how much this gives)25 consecutive missions
200 Fame points, 9 Guild fame, 25 Darkdale Elder Prints

Dyyn
December 16th, 2014, 05:42 PM
In relation to this:
-Skills can only be used if you are within 10 levels of the original level requirement. For example, subbing Inner Magic (level 33 Doc skill) on another job requires you to be AT LEAST level 23 to use its first level. Level 2 Inner Magic (learned at 37) requires level 27, and so on.
- Additionally, subbing magic skills onto physical jobs, or vice versa, results in increased costs and cooldowns, and duration penalties. Something to consider if you were looking to create a fire ball throwing, iron-clad martial artist...

Fun fact: There was once a gamebreaking bug regarding high level skills. If you used a high level buff on a sufficiently low level target, the entire map would crash, disconnecting every player currently in it.

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Fun fact: There was once a gamebreaking bug regarding high level skills. If you used a high level buff on a sufficiently low level target, the entire map would crash, disconnecting every player currently in it.

oh, those fun days when ES was down more often than up.

I checked that bug first for every new patch thereafter.

Miradora
December 16th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Does anybody remember the night all the mobs stayed dead after they died? I remember clearing out TGT with some guildies, I think that was the day I learned my way around that map. I think it was also the first time I looked around Foggy.

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Does anybody remember the night all the mobs stayed dead after they died? I remember clearing out TGT with some guildies, I think that was the day I learned my way around that map. I think it was also the first time I looked around Foggy.

http://i57.tinypic.com/mh3ur8.png

this was one of the worst bugs for me personally. Cause was the corpse cleanup wasn't happening for some reason so the game thought it was still alive.

During Babel previews i was trying to spawn Chu and Han for a picture, but the general glitched, so i camped the martial that entire saturday killing it close to a thousand times to spawn it.

Dyyn
December 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
oh, those fun days when ES was down more often than up.

I checked that bug first for every new patch thereafter.

I just have to wonder what SoftStar's dev team did to create that bug. I understand that computer code is fickle, but just what did they do, exactly?

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I just have to wonder what SoftStar's dev team did to create that bug. I understand that computer code is fickle, but just what did they do, exactly?

it's most likely some buffer overflow caused by bad assumptions of string size due to unicode. They weren't particularly disciplined from my memories.

Kirbychu
December 16th, 2014, 06:33 PM
25 consecutive missions
200 Fame points, 9 Guild fame, 25 Darkdale Elder Prints

You get guild fame after every 5 consecutive missions - adding up to a total of 25 after 25 missions (for Darkdale elder). After doing 25 missions, you need to wait until the next day to do any more iirc.

Darkdale Elder:
2 guild fame after 5 missions
2 guild fame after 10 missions
6 guild fame after 15 missions
6 guild fame after 20 missions
9 guild fame after 25 missions
Total: 25 guild fame after 25 missions

Eversun Elder:
1 guild fame after 5 missions
1 guild fame after 10 missions
2 guild fame after 15 missions
2 guild fame after 20 missions
3 guild fame after 25 missions
Total: 9 guild fame after 25 missions

While Darkdale elder missions do give substantially more guild fame than Eversun elder ones, the Darkdale ones are harder to complete, so many people stick to Eversun elder for the most part.

LuLuNoir
December 16th, 2014, 06:48 PM
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/664df21ea49bb57a05aea291751164441408288565_full.jp g

Flat....but bigger is always better.
So flat is justice and busty is true judgement.
*casts indignation*

OniFenrir
December 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
This is a fun, newbie friendly and a little grindy fact, on the very first two quests on the beginner village, if you give 20 pupu bones on the first quest and 20 pupu wings on the second quest instead of the 5 that you are asked to get, you will be rewarded with 250g in each quest besides your normal reward

Kirbychu
December 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM
This is a fun, newbie friendly and a little grindy fact, on the very first two quests on the beginner village, if you give 20 pupu bones on the first quest and 20 pupu wings on the second quest instead of the 5 that you are asked to get, you will be rewarded with 250g in each quest besides your normal reward

Fun fact: the most you can get is 24 because once you kill 24 of them they stop spawning.

I definitely recommend killing at least 20 though cuz more gold and exp...

HippieGoddess
December 16th, 2014, 08:21 PM
While I've forgot a few things about this game I remember

You can get treasure maps from map bosses that will give you various treasures, including one that will turn you into a monster
There's a woman that will fly around in Eversun

AnonymousNA
December 16th, 2014, 08:39 PM
In relation to this:

There's a bit more detail to it actually. Every Job was divided into groups. Jobs in the same group could sub skills perfectly from that same group, while other groups' skills would result in a 10-20% penalty.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was:
Commoner

Doctor
Musician
Dancer

Shaman
Wizard
Witch Doctor

Hunter
Martial Artist
Thief

Mercenary
Blademaster
Fencer

Merchant

I don't actually know if merchant belonged to a group, but I know Commoner didn't. Never played merchant. the Support group had a 10% penalty with Magic Classes, and vice versa (and 20% for the others); likewise the Dextrous Classes (Thief, Hunter, MA) had 10% penatly with other phy classes.

There was also a duration penalty on buffs or something for using a skill before its normal requirement iirc. Such as using Inner Magic at lv 25. I think it was 5% per level lower. Oh jeez I remember reading all about this on.... whoever's site that was that made a comprehensive data crunch on just about everything. Fun times.

Another thing: All Skills use Magic Accuracy, even if they deal Physical damage; Accuracy gauges the hit rate for auto attacks. This is proven via Concentrated Fury.

Idk if anyone ever went to Blakatoa Peak to level, but I duo'd there with a friend. One mob has a debuff that will eat pretty much all your MP. This debuff can be removed/prevented with Detox.

LadyMae
December 16th, 2014, 10:12 PM
You get guild fame after every 5 consecutive missions - adding up to a total of 25 after 25 missions (for Darkdale elder). After doing 25 missions, you need to wait until the next day to do any more iirc.

Darkdale Elder:
2 guild fame after 5 missions
2 guild fame after 10 missions
6 guild fame after 15 missions
6 guild fame after 20 missions
9 guild fame after 25 missions
Total: 25 guild fame after 25 missions

Eversun Elder:
1 guild fame after 5 missions
1 guild fame after 10 missions
2 guild fame after 15 missions
2 guild fame after 20 missions
3 guild fame after 25 missions
Total: 9 guild fame after 25 missions

While Darkdale elder missions do give substantially more guild fame than Eversun elder ones, the Darkdale ones are harder to complete, so many people stick to Eversun elder for the most part.

Oh, total x3
Thanks for the clarification @_@

UmbyZero
December 18th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I don't actually know if merchant belonged to a group.

It's in with thief/hunter/MA according to the wiki

RangePhoenix
December 20th, 2014, 01:06 PM
A little bit of pervy trivia for you all.

At some point, the lower part of the female shura's underwear was also probably intended to be a thong. You can still clearly see the parts where they "painted" the rest of it onto their skin, even now. Another part of this evidence is the Evilproof Vest, which always takes the shape of the original underwear for the character. Evilproof for female shuras has a... You guessed it!

Don't really know when or why they did this, but it is still interesting, nonetheless.

For a bit of less pervy trivia, changing your skin color also has an effect on the shade of your eyes.

RangePhoenix
December 22nd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Here's a couple more trivia bits I thought of.

For probably at least a year, the Aeria version of DoMO had glitched skin textures. Many of them were paler than they were supposed to be, but the lightest skin texture, instead of being vampire white, was a deep navy blue. The darkest skin texture was pitch black, I believe. Hopefully that doesn't happen to this version! (If it does...well... thankfully, I still have my old config file for that hiding around...)

This game had the wonderful feature I remember as "Ctrl + P". It allows you to hide players, which can significantly reduce lag. You can also change who is hidden by this to make for easier shopping.

With a little bit of clever flying, you could go underwater in Swan Lake Basin. There wasn't really anything special about it, although it was a good spot for doing some hide and seek.

This really isn't quite so much trivia, but the New Year's Monster was originally spawned in Eversun North & South. Their debut was an incredible massacre, and the GMs themselves had to intervene. The NYM was since moved to Grassgreen Square.

DoMO has different soundtracks for night and day in many areas. In a more serious note, I suggest you go listen to some of them, as the soundtrack in DoMO is incredible, especially for a F2P game.

(I'm only doing this as a second post since I can't edit the original one...)

Gambachi
December 22nd, 2014, 06:07 AM
This really isn't quite so much trivia, but the New Year's Monster was originally spawned in Eversun North & South. Their debut was an incredible massacre, and the GMs themselves had to intervene. The NYM was since moved to Grassgreen Square.

The new year monster was only added to the Aeria version so unless it is requested, we probably wont be seeing it here unfortunately.