PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play's of DoMo on youtube.

ShadowKnightZero
December 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I plan to do LP's of Domo when it's fully released, and I know a couple others want to as well, i'm wanting to know if that would be ok with Suba, just so there's no copyright shenanigans like there has been going on for a while.

Belzughast
December 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I think this game needs as much publicity as it can get so the answer is self explanatory. I just wonder if you can crack 1k+ views.

Kitababie
December 14th, 2014, 02:54 PM
I hope they'll be okay with it. Lol. I wanna make a video tooooo~

NotHereCantDelete
December 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
There are so many companies out there that have lets plays of their games that it seems really unlikely Suba would mind one of Domo, besides as Belzughast said the publicity can only be good unless all you do is run into a wall lol.
The GMs aren't here on weekends so I can't really ask them right now QQ
The only thing I could see bugging them is if you go mad advertising your youtube page all over the forums etc, not saying you are now obviously, just a future nudge.

TehParamedic
December 14th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Well Suba has pretty much signed off on (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1497188817218177&id=1461965920740467) an informative type of video series, so I can't imagine them saying no to a LP.

Oxycore
December 14th, 2014, 04:33 PM
i'm wanting to know if that would be ok with Suba

Yes.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

ShadowKnightZero
December 14th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys and gals ^^ and don't worry Pepsi, i'll do my best not to run into walls, i'll take my mag boots off just in case XD

Dyyn
December 14th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Well Suba has pretty much signed off on (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1497188817218177&id=1461965920740467) an informative type of video series, so I can't imagine them saying no to a LP.

oh my god that video is awkward

Livipo
December 16th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Yes to DoMO Let's Play vids! :D
It's what I always look for when I want to know more about a game before I buy/play it or not :)

ShadowKnightZero
December 16th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Yes to DoMO Let's Play vids! :D
It's what I always look for when I want to know more about a game before I buy/play it or not :)

well to be fair, tis probably why Nintendo and other companies sometimes ban videos of their games..cuz ppl will know if its crappy or not XD

Livipo
December 16th, 2014, 12:03 PM
well to be fair, tis probably why Nintendo and other companies sometimes ban videos of their games..cuz ppl will know if its crappy or not XD

Haha yeah, there are two sides to that story ;) It has helped me to not buy games that didn't look interesting after all, or save me from wasting money on something I wouldn't have liked anyway. But just look at Minecraft for example, they have been completely open for youtubers to make videos, and they are extremely successful! I would never have tried it if I hadn't seen it on youtube :)

Also, if I cant see gameplay, im less likely to buy a game cuz I dont want to risk it.. O.o

ShadowKnightZero
December 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Haha yeah, there are two sides to that story ;) It has helped me to not buy games that didn't look interesting after all, or save me from wasting money on something I wouldn't have liked anyway. But just look at Minecraft for example, they have been completely open for youtubers to make videos, and they are extremely successful! I would never have tried it if I hadn't seen it on youtube :)

Also, if I cant see gameplay, im less likely to buy a game cuz I dont want to risk it.. O.o

I know exactly how you feel, as for minecraft, i'm too impatient for that building stuffs XD

AndreaY
December 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I too, check some gameplay videos before even install a game.
I'm quite picky on some things I don't like and if there, will skip.

ZenDragoon
December 18th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Yes you can do Let's Plays. I also do Let's Plays in my spare time so I am well aware of the benefits it can bring to both the player, the developer/publisher and even the viewer.

The only thing we ask is that you don't over-advertise on the forum or in-game as it can be considered spam.

That reminds me! I'm also ***GM MESSAGE TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***

KrazTheCorvi
December 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
GM Account revoked.

Edit by Zen: Not true.
Edit by Pepsi: Play nice.

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Yes you can do Let's Plays. I also do Let's Plays in my spare time so I am well aware of the benefits it can bring to both the player, the developer/publisher and even the viewer.

The only thing we ask is that you don't over-advertise on the forum or in-game as it can be considered spam.

That reminds me! I'm also ***GM MESSAGE TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***

Lol! Nice interception... even though I have NO idea where you were going with that Q-Q.
I can't see over-advertising on the game being a problem. c: Least not with this community. xD We might spam YouTube with our videos the first few days CBT is open. LOL

ZenDragoon
December 18th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Lol! Nice interception... even though I have NO idea where you were going with that Q-Q.
I can't see over-advertising on the game being a problem. c: Least not with this community. xD We might spam YouTube with our videos the first few days CBT is open. LOL

I was teasing that I was going to do something related to Let's Plays
It might not be so bad if a player advertised via general chat but if they are whispering other players to check out their videos then it may be a problem and we advise you to send a ticket as we can label it as spam or harassment to a certain extent.

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I was teasing that I was going to do something related to Let's Plays
It might not be so bad if a player advertised via general chat but if they are whispering other players to check out their videos then it may be a problem and we advise you to send a ticket as we can label it as spam or harassment to a certain extent.

Ooh, I see. xD Totally went over my head. Yet again, everything does 'cause I'm short. c:
Ah okay. ^^