PDA

View Full Version : GM Cidopucks Recommendations Thread - Kill some time before launch!

Cidopuck
December 16th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Hey all!

So the end is in sight, but still somewhat fuzzy. I can tell by the activity here that you're all antsy and trying to pass the time before DOMO is ready to play.

Here I will post the list of the media I consume voraciously to help ME pass the time. I will recommend to you here (mostly) quality entertainment that will give you lots to occupy yourself with, and help you feel closer to your most beloved and handsome GM.

These are a few of my favourite things, in no particular order, that I think most of you should attempt to enjoy. It is by no means extensive and will be updated. Feel free to recommend your own stuff too, as long as they're appropriate.

Books
Enders Game
Speaker for the Dead
Any Conan story
A Princess of Mars
The Time Machine
The Invisible Man
Watchmen
The Hobbit
The Lord of The Rings
Harry Potter. All of it.

Movies
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Fifth Element
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
Cloud Atlas

TV
Over the Garden Wall
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Community
Planetes

Videogames
Metal Gear Solid Series
The Katamari Series
Starfox 64
Dragons Crown
Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Way of the Samurai 3/4
Dark Souls 1&2
Megaman 1-9

BONUS EXTREME CHALLENGE MODE - LEARN A HOBBY
Spend two hours a day doing one of the following:
Learn an instrument
Improve your drawing skills
Learn some card tricks
Fitness
Writing
Arts and Crafts

SO, whenever you feel like making an "I DEMAND A RELEASE DATE" or an "I'm bored, let's try and up my post count" thread, instead you should track down one of these things, eat it all up, and then post a review or discussion in this thread. Sound cool?

THREAD RULES:

1. No bashing peoples taste, especially if you've never watched/read/played it. It's all subjective yo. I guarantee somebody hates your favourite too, and you don't need to hear it.

2. Try to avoid spoilers, please. Come on.

3. DO NOT discuss ways or post links to obtain these materials in illegitimate ways. Anything to do with torrents or filesharing stuff will be deleted

4. No "GM, why isn't MY FAVOURITE on the list, you uncultured swine?" or "How could you seriously forget to list THIS?". If I seriously wanted to list every piece of media I've ever enjoyed, it would keep both of us busy until our deaths. These are a combo of my toppest of favourites, stuff that people may not have heard of, and stuff that won't turn people away because it's too weird or crazy or something. Also, nobody likes that guy. I will remove such comments immediately.

Well, there you have it. Enjoy!

Gambachi
December 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Nice list. Megaman 2 was my fave. Also..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvPEDP50Wg

Still love that ditty after all these years. :awsum:

Mate asked me to start learning Unity with him recently so I have now stepped into the vastly confusing world of coding with C#. Crazy fun though seeing code come to life and time fly's when you are screaming at errors and looking for the missing }'s.

Cidopuck
December 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Still love that ditty after all these years

It blows my mind just how high-quality the music for all those games are, considering the era. Every single song in MM3 is such a delight to listen to.

AndreaY
December 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm quite impressed how the books and movie list matches so closely my prefs too :EEK:

To movies, I will add:

Matrix
Star Trek

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Spirited Away is my all time favorite movie! *o* Yet again, all Hayao Miyazaki films kick butt. Lol.
Princess Mononoke was awesome too. It was about a Gods and humans, including a wolf and forest God. (The wolf god was huge! lol)
As for video games, try the Legend of Zelda... ALL OF THEM :D

-Edit-
Lol I always spell Mononoke wrong <.<;

Cidopuck
December 16th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Spirited Away is my all time favorite movie! *o* Yet again, all Hayao Miyazaki films kick butt.

I wanted to list basically every Ghibli film, but hopefully after people watch those two I mentioned they'll look for more on their own. Some of them (like Nausicaa) are hard to recommend to people.

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Awe true. I actually thought Nausicaa was very beautiful.

ChocolateMinT
December 16th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Great idea, GM that I have a hard time believing is handsome. Might I add a suggestion? Within the next 2 months, people could learn a craft or two. Sure all of us may not be super creative, but making something is relaxing and rewarding. Since the holidays are just around the corner.

As for various entertainment. Hit up the movie theaters. Big Hero 6 was fantastic in my opinion. Go pit against people in Smash Bros. Try out Fantasy Life, it's pretty fun and open ended when it comes to different jobs.

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Awe true. I actually thought Nausicaa was very beautiful.

that was ruined forever for me by a ridiculous HK sub that basically rewrote the entire story. Now I can't watch either without laughing.

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 01:44 PM
As for various entertainment. Hit up the movie theaters.
Yeess, especially because the new Hobbit movie comes out tomorrow \o\

Ariettea01
December 16th, 2014, 01:45 PM
for some simple free rpg games IB and Mad Father are amazingly made~
they are also both in english!

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 01:45 PM
that was ruined forever for me by a ridiculous HK sub that basically rewrote the entire story. Now I can't watch either without laughing.

Awe, sorry to hear that actually.

SirPwn
December 16th, 2014, 01:56 PM
As far as books are concerned, I would highly recommend Douglas Adams' amazing Trilogy of Five, also knows as The Hitchhiker Trilogy, including classics such as "Life, the Universe and everything", "So long, and thanks for all the fish" and "Mostly Harmless". There's also a movie, but if I recall correctly it only covers the first book, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and some minor parts of "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe".

AndreaY
December 16th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Yeess, especially because the new Hobbit movie comes out tomorrow \o\

I'd recommend to read the books!

And... for books... cannot forget the Foundation trilogy, Isaac Asimov.

ChocolateMinT
December 16th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I personally really enjoyed The Cat Returns and Arrietty. Speaking of which, I need to see more anime movies x_x.

Matchamatsu
December 16th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Dear GM Cidopuck,
thank you for babysitting us in our time of need. I love most of your choices, kill bill, LOTR, GOT, studio ghibli movies...however... Cloud Atlas?????!!!!!!!! DOUBLE YOU TEE HECK!!!??? I am not bashing....just...I does not compute. But yeah it's a good recommendation...we can all bond over after watching. I believe the information you have shared here is quite useful. I do feel more of a GM next door kind of vibe instead of an "omg gm cidopuck be afraid" vibe. Don't get me wrong, you are still intimidating. I would not want to get on your bad side. EVER. LOL I also love how you add the U in favourite like me :) yay go Canada.

your most beloved and handsome GM.
I appreciate your confidence here, I also like to brag from time to time. -flex-

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
your most beloved and handsome GM.

I'm sorry, rule 30 of the internet: pics or it didn't happen.

Cidopuck
December 16th, 2014, 02:25 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

Applies to alleged events that are met with incredulity. Take my word for it, you'd melt.

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Applies to alleged events that are met with incredulity. Take my word for it, you'd melt.

Yeah 'cause hes this (http://media.photobucket.com/user/drewed206/media/ed2.jpg.html?filters[term]=hairy%20old%20guy%20gif&filters[primary]=images&sort=1&o=30) beautiful! :D

Dyyn
December 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Snowcrash is an excellent book.

The Fall is a colorful and emotionally tumultuous movie.

I have to start going back to the gym regularly; who wants to be my e-gym buddy? I stopped lifting for like a month and with rugby season coming up I have to put on some more weight.

LuLuNoir
December 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and suddenly I find myself going blind.

Are you always this awfully sexy? Or am I suffering from post traumatic hallucinations....

Oxycore
December 16th, 2014, 09:52 PM
So uh, I've never watched Spirited Away...

Or Howl's Moving Castle for that matter...

Dyyn
December 16th, 2014, 10:10 PM
So uh, I've never watched Spirited Away...

Or Howl's Moving Castle for that matter...

They're pretty good movies. Not incredibly breath-taking like the weeaboos pretend they are, but pretty good.

Howl's Moving Castle suffered from pacing issues, but that's typical for any book-to-movie adaptation.

KratosDOT
December 16th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Learn how to solve a rubiks cube? Maybe dip your toe into the beautiful game series known as 'Tales of..'. Perhaps just don't sleep until DoMO comes out and see how long it takes for your fingernails to fall off and your hair to fall out?

ChocolateMinT
December 16th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Learn how to solve a rubiks cube? Maybe dip your toe into the beautiful game series known as 'Tales of..'. Perhaps just don't sleep until DoMO comes out and see how long it takes for your fingernails to fall off and your hair to fall out?
I'm rather fond of the Atelier series. I loved Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris. Fun and Quirky games. Of course, they're difficult to obtain these days ):

Spirited Away was decent, but I prefer Totoro over it x_x;

Madelia
December 16th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I'm going to recommend etrian odyssey as a game to play, i fell in love with it owo. It's something you either like or ignore for the rest of your life. It's an RPG styled dungeon crawler for ds and 3ds. Also i loved reading harry potter but sadly enough in one week i'm already halfway through all of the books T-T

^ small i know but hey at least i can read it xD

LadyOkamia
December 17th, 2014, 12:26 AM
This is why I love you Cido XD! Did not think you would make a thread like this! This is awesome!

As for what I am doing while waiting is some of the following:

Playing LoL (Snowdown is here <3!)
Watching a bunch of anime~
Getting sick every 2 weeks! (I don't recommend this unless your like me and your immune system sucks XD! And you are going to get sick no matter what cha do.)
Thinking about improving my Art skills. But seeing how I wiped my computer and no longer have photoshop to improve on my graphic arts I don't see myself getting any better. But I wanted to work on my paper art skills.
I most likely will rotate between the following games: Pokemon Omega Ruby/ Fantasy Life/ Animal Crossing/ Conception 2.

Kirbychu
December 17th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Definitely movies are a great way to pass time - just saw the midnight premiere of the new Hobbit movie and it was amazing! And now for a super long list of stuff to do...

Movies (most of which are on Netflix right now):
Clerks & Clerks II
The Host
Serenity
The Avengers
Labyrinth
The Croods
Star Trek Into Darkness
Carrie (the new one with Chloe Grace Moretz)
From Dusk Till Dawn
Ever After
Stardust (I cannot stress enough how much I recommend this movie)
The Dark Crystal (classic!)
Mulan

TV shows (again, most on Netflix):
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel (watch after BTVS)
Firefly (watch before Serenity)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Vampire Diaries
From Dusk Till Dawn (the series)
Gotham
The Flash
American Horror Story
The 100
Charmed
Star Trek (literally all of them...even Enterprise)
Ripper Street
Farscape
Battlestar Galactica (the newer one)
Animorphs
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (the original...though it may ruin your childhood if you loved it as a kid and watch it again as an adult)

Anime:
Deathnote
Blood+
Vampire Knight
Psycho-Pass
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Sword Art Online
(I have lots more on my list, but I haven't finished them yet)

Video Games:
Pokemon (any/all of them)
Dungeon Defenders I/Eternity & Dungeon Defenders II
Lord of the Rings Online
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Bioshock: Infinite
The Sims (really any, but the latest I've played is 3)
Star Wars the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (if you can get past the dated graphics)
Mass Effect Trilogy (though I hear they're making more?)
Disney Infinity (if you have tons of money to spend)
Left 4 Dead 2 (if you like killing zombies)
Orcs Must Die (the first one is my favorite, but the new one is ok)
Portal & Portal 2
Dungeon Keeper/Dungeon Keeper 2 (if you can find/run it...it's super old but great)
Diablo II & III (can't say much for the first as I never played it, but II and III are both great)

Books:
The Vampire Academy series (by Richelle Mead)
Bloodlines series (read after VA - also by Richelle Mead)
The Mortal Instruments series (by Cassandra Clare)
The Girl in the Box series (by Robert J. Crane)
Harry Potter series (if you don't know who this is by you must live under a rock)
Night Roamers series (by Kristen Middleton)
Firekeeper Saga (by Jane Linskold)
The Nine Lives of Chloe King (by Celia Thomson)
The Wayfarer Redemption series (by Sara Douglass)

Card Games:
Magic the Gathering (best game ever)
Cards Against Humanity (worst best game ever lol)
Munchkin
Apples to Apples (if you play with kids or people who get offended easily and cant play CAH)
Euchre (look it up if you've never heard of it - great card game for 4 people)
Solitaire (for when you have to play with yourself)

Sorry for the longness...>.<

Mayluna
December 17th, 2014, 04:04 AM
My current to do list:

Video Games:
Mabinogi (Work on finishing G19 *twitches*) (PC)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby (3DS)
Deponia; The Complete Edition (PC)
Edna and Harvey: The Breakout (PC)
Dark Cloud (PS2)
Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Monster Rancher 3 and 4 (PS2)

Suggested Movies/TV Shows:
Repo! The Genetic Opera (Gory, but beautiful and gothic, with catchy tunes)
Legend
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Ranma 1 1/2
Sgt. Frog
Hetalia (*proceeds to dodge shots*)

Card Games:
Cards Against Humanity (You can use the online version as well to entertain your entire guild!)

----------------

My Current Projects:
Finish MMD Models
Finish Animations
Work on Cosplay (This also goes for any other cosplayers here!)

GraceySells
December 17th, 2014, 04:22 AM
I like a lot of what's on Cido's list, and a lot of other peoples! This holiday season, you can also feel closer to your most sweet, angelic forum mod by engaging in the following super awesome, wholesome activities!:

Baking:
- 120 tarts, 120 shortbread cookies, blueberry scones, and a cranberry loaf.

Shopping:
- Until your arms, shoulders, and feet cry out for mercy, and you fall to your knees in a desperate, depleted heap of broke, cashless sorrow.

Books:
- Currently reading 'The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace'
- Gone Girl
- Natchez Burning
- Euphoria
- Wayward Pines Series

Movies:
- Mean Girls
- Frozen
- Gran Torino
- Every Disney Movie Ever... Except Fantasia.

TV:
- Currently catching up on 'Homeland'
- Penny Dreadful
- Game of Thrones
- Walking Dead
- Breaking Bad

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Is alcohol a hobby?

NotHereCantDelete
December 17th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'd recommend any book by Terry Pratchett, but if you want me to be more specific I always loved "Thud".
Also any of the Monty Python films, one of them has nudity and I'll probably be told off for recommending it sooo.. "Holy Grail"
All I can think of for now with my flu-failing brain~

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I'd recommend any book by Terry Pratchett, but if you want me to be more specific I always loved "Thud".
Also any of the Monty Python films, one of them has nudity and I'll probably be told off for recommending it sooo.. "Holy Grail"

Nudity is reason enough to recommend anything, even going to the bank

TheRealTangerine
December 17th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I'm rather fond of the Atelier series. I loved Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris. Fun and Quirky games. Of course, they're difficult to obtain these days ):

Spirited Away was decent, but I prefer Totoro over it x_x;

Have you tried the Dusk branch of Atelier?

The next installment is the last one of the subseries *cry*

Gambachi
December 17th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Is alcohol a hobby?

Yesh :ehh:

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Is alcohol a hobby?

Among most in the Military, indeed.

LadyMae
December 17th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Advanced Warfare has new customization packs available on xbox.

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Advanced Warfare has new customization packs available on xbox.

DLC? Ew. How awful.

ChocolateMinT
December 17th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Have you tried the Dusk branch of Atelier?

The next installment is the last one of the subseries *cry*
I wasn't able to play any Atelier games past Mana Khemia 2. SimplY because I don't own a ps3 ):. Only most recent console I own now is a 3ds and well, PC.

ShadowKnightZero
December 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM
my top 3 books: Rangers Apprentice series, Animorphs and Enders Game/Ender Shadow series.

top 3 Games: Chess,Battleship, Risk.

top 3 Video games: Xcom reboots, Halo, Total War series.

Top 3 Movies: JC's Avatar, Alien+Predator franchises(tie between them lol) and Star Wars.

as for physical stuff..Martial arts,Swordplay,Fencing,Yoga,Running.

currently thinking about learning guitar ^^

LadyMae
December 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM
DLC? Ew. How awful.

staph hatin ;c;

Cidopuck
December 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Definitely movies are a great way to pass time - just saw the midnight premiere of the new Hobbit movie and it was amazing! And now for a super long list of stuff to do...

Movies (most of which are on Netflix right now):
Clerks & Clerks II
Labyrinth
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Dark Crystal (classic!)
Mulan

Made my day

Cidopuck
December 17th, 2014, 12:26 PM
currently thinking about learning guitar ^^

Do it! It's so rewarding

Belzughast
December 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Just hone your domo skills on TW domo? Oh wait... yeah.

LoIcatKumi
December 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Yay!! Terry Pratchett!!

My first book of him was Mort (Mortimer for the french version). I liked it soo much I have almost all the Discworld book.
There's also some Epic videogames you can find now as abandonware that were based on the Discworld story :
Discworld : Discworld (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_(video_game))
Discworld II : Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_II:_Missing_Presumed...!%3F)
and Discworld Noir : Discworld Noir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_Noir)

And they have also made some nice tv short serie and an anime :
Going Postal (the one I like the much, 2 episodes) Terry Pratchett's Going Postal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett%27s_Going_Postal)
The Colour of Magic (2 episodes also, based on the first and second tomes of Discworld) Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett%27s_The_Colour_of_Magic)
(anime, based on the Wyrd Sisters) Wyrd Sisters (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyrd_Sisters_(TV_series))

they are all nice and quite fun to view.

Fear the horriddle monster!!! (a lil white rabbit ofc) :D

NotHereCantDelete
December 17th, 2014, 08:04 PM
This post gets all my approval and <3
Definitely gonna have to look up the games, I've not heard of them before, and the tv series.

Oh I also forgot to mention my love for red dwarf. Because I am a child. It's definitely worth a try if you're into silly humour and/or sci-fi.

Gambachi
December 17th, 2014, 08:35 PM
This post gets all my approval and <3
Definitely gonna have to look up the games, I've not heard of them before, and the tv series.

Oh I also forgot to mention my love for red dwarf. Because I am a child. It's definitely worth a try if you're into silly humour and/or sci-fi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZbzIHGj8U

LadyOkamia
December 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM
For those of you who are addicted to youtube and love funny vids here is one for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQXAvqh3a0

ChocolateMinT
December 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Oh. I forgot to add. If you want a really fun and short game to play, I highly recommend Dust: An Elysian Tail. The artstyle is Anthro, but don't let it stop you from being immersed in a beautifully done game with an awesome soundtrack!

ZenDragoon
December 18th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Regarding Cido's initial post:

Movies
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Oh Brother Where Art Thou <- Excellent movie that I've watched a dozen times
Fifth Element <- This movie was my childhood. I also loved the video game that came out for it despite how old it was. It was probably the best movie video game I've played.
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Cloud Atlas

Videogames
Metal Gear Solid Series
The Katamari Series
Starfox 64
Dragons Crown
Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, Ocarina of Time <- I probably wouldn't be here as a GM if it weren't for Zelda
Banjo Kazooie I still shed a tear whenever I think of Rare being partnered with Microsoft
Way of the Samurai 3/4
Dark Souls 1&2 <- I'd have finished these by now if I weren't doing a Let's Play of them :\
Megaman 1-9 <- Megaman 2 ftw

DevilInGlasses
December 18th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Why on Earth isn't Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series on your books list? D:

Hefty tomes (4 books at about 700 pages each) but my god such an amazing series.

Only thing I hate about a brilliant book series: The ending. Knowing that there's a final end to a fantasy world you have crafted with the aid of these wonderful words.

Eostre
December 19th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Spirited Away is my all time favorite movie! *o* Yet again, all Hayao Miyazaki films kick butt. Lol.
Princess Mononoke was awesome too. It was about a Gods and humans, including a wolf and forest God. (The wolf god was huge! lol)
As for video games, try the Legend of Zelda... ALL OF THEM :D

-Edit-
Lol I always spell Mononoke wrong <.<;

^ This. I love ALL of his movies, I think I've watched them all at least two to three times each haha! I personally have been watching a ton of anime on CrunchyRoll such as Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, re-watching Kill La Kill, re-watching all of Naruto Shippuden, Toradora, Black Butler, and the new Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Crystal).
And also playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. :D <3

Kitababie
December 19th, 2014, 05:32 PM
^ This. I love ALL of his movies, I think I've watched them all at least two to three times each haha! I personally have been watching a ton of anime on CrunchyRoll such as Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, re-watching Kill La Kill, re-watching all of Naruto Shippuden, Toradora, Black Butler, and the new Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Crystal).
And also playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. :D <3

Saaaaammee! Can't get enough. Especially Spirited Away. It was the first movie I ever saw from Studio Ghibli and it got me hooked. xD
Attack on Titan is pretty good. c: And Naruto QQ So much better in the manga. But it's fun to watch the action scenes c:
LOL Sailor Moon :c I was so innocent when I first watched it. Now, it looks like hentai to me... e.e Sorry if I ruined it for you Dx

Eostre
December 19th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Saaaaammee! Can't get enough. Especially Spirited Away. It was the first movie I ever saw from Studio Ghibli and it got me hooked. xD
Attack on Titan is pretty good. c: And Naruto QQ So much better in the manga. But it's fun to watch the action scenes c:
LOL Sailor Moon :c I was so innocent when I first watched it. Now, it looks like hentai to me... e.e Sorry if I ruined it for you Dx

How.... How could you?! You monster!
Just kidding haha! And I also love reading manga as well. I have roughly ~400 or so manga books in my bookcase here at home. :D

Matchamatsu
December 20th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Thank you for mentioning legend of zelda series.
Majoras Mask, Ocarina of time + Windwaker ftw. Can't wait to see the new zelda game for wii u next year...although I refuse to buy a wii u just to play it..../o\ I bet it would come out on the next nintendo console anyway.

Majoras Mask remake for 3ds next year. INSTABUY.

N64 is my fav console still...so many games from there i loved, so much nostalgia. Does anyone remember the game Mystical Ninja Goemon for 64?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg

GraceySells
December 20th, 2014, 12:28 AM
N64 is my fav console still...so many games from there i loved, so much nostalgia. Does anyone remember the game Mystical Ninja Goemon for 64?

Omygod. I loved Goemon! The impact battles are what stood out the most for me, they were so fun and at times difficult. The story line was entertaining, and the music/soundtrack... so good. Ebisumaru was my favourite character. Such a funny game. I still own it!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121009191305/videojuego/images/c/c3/Ebisumaru.jpg

Matchamatsu
December 20th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Omygod. I loved Goemon! The impact battles are what stood out the most for me, they were so fun and at times difficult. The story line was entertaining, and the music/soundtrack... so good. Ebisumaru was my favourite character. Such a funny game. I still own it!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121009191305/videojuego/images/c/c3/Ebisumaru.jpg
YESSS!!!lol Ebisumaru was hilarious...his flamboyant skipping XD Sasuke and Yae were fun to play with, I like the monsters getting sliced in half. I love the cheesy humor of this game I wish I had it...so jelly! DASH DASH DASH!

http://youtu.be/dRj7XVFd3Ic?t=37s

LadyOkamia
December 20th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Regarding Cido's initial post:

Movies
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Oh Brother Where Art Thou <- Excellent movie that I've watched a dozen times
Fifth Element <- This movie was my childhood. I also loved the video game that came out for it despite how old it was. It was probably the best movie video game I've played.
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Cloud Atlas

Videogames
Metal Gear Solid Series
The Katamari Series
Starfox 64
Dragons Crown
Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, Ocarina of Time <- I probably wouldn't be here as a GM if it weren't for Zelda
Banjo Kazooie I still shed a tear whenever I think of Rare being partnered with Microsoft
Way of the Samurai 3/4
Dark Souls 1&2 <- I'd have finished these by now if I weren't doing a Let's Play of them :\
Megaman 1-9 <- Megaman 2 ftw

Princess Mononoke <--- Best Moive Ever. Funny thing is I just got done watching it for the thousandth time =P.

ChocolateMinT
December 20th, 2014, 07:05 AM

Honi~honi~
I didn't play Goemon, but I always liked the interesting characters~

Gambachi
December 20th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Thank you for mentioning legend of zelda series.
Majoras Mask, Ocarina of time + Windwaker ftw. Can't wait to see the new zelda game for wii u next year...although I refuse to buy a wii u just to play it..../o\ I bet it would come out on the next nintendo console anyway.

Majoras Mask remake for 3ds next year. INSTABUY.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg

Used to play the first one on Super Nintendo. The Tanuki's used to freak me out a lil bit.. still do a bit. :O

Speaking of golden oldies, did anyone play the original Tenchu stealth assassins on the PS1?

Matchamatsu
December 20th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Used to play the first one on Super Nintendo. The Tanuki's used to freak me out a lil bit.. still do a bit. :O

Speaking of golden oldies, did anyone play the original Tenchu stealth assassins on the PS1?

Came across a Tanuki in animal crossing new leaf.......why would anyone want one in their home? :(

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/Saborlas/Motivators/4601.jpg (http://s970.photobucket.com/user/Saborlas/media/Motivators/4601.jpg.html)

UmbyZero
December 20th, 2014, 04:01 PM
A great way to kill some time is to read creepypastas! There's like thousands on creepypasta wiki. A lot are terrible, but it's kind of fun to read the awful ones sometimes. You can even let the wiki pick a random pasta for you to read! Who knows what you'll find! (if for some reason you don't know what a creepypasta is, it's just a scary story on the internet)

Now here comes the shameless plug! Check out MY creepypastas here: User:Umbrello (http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User:Umbrello)

ImaginaryFwend
December 20th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Music :D
Write essays
Build a house

Zackhario
December 21st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Watch the new Star Wars trailer teaser over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

You know you want to..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Gambachi
December 21st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Came across a Tanuki in animal crossing new leaf.......why would anyone want one in their home? :(

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/Saborlas/Motivators/4601.jpg (http://s970.photobucket.com/user/Saborlas/media/Motivators/4601.jpg.html)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/drunkenbutterfly_2007/takunievil.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/drunkenbutterfly_2007/media/takunievil.jpg.html)

Matchamatsu
December 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/drunkenbutterfly_2007/takunievil.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/drunkenbutterfly_2007/media/takunievil.jpg.html)

Yeah cause it scares the **** out of anything lollll

ChocolateMinT
December 22nd, 2014, 12:20 AM
Those tanukis makes Tom Nook pretty damn sexy.

Forgot to recommend Animal Crossing games as a time killer. Wee~

Cidopuck
December 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Those tanukis makes Tom Nook pretty damn sexy.

Forgot to recommend Animal Crossing games as a time killer. Wee~

That's why I had to quit!

Matchamatsu
December 22nd, 2014, 04:24 PM
Animal crossing the game that never ends. At least harvest moon game give some sort of ending...depressing ending.

UmbyZero
December 22nd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Animal Crossing is great for wasting time, but so is Tomodachi Life! I made a guy named Evil Creep and girl named Crazy Lady. They're dating now. I gave them each a song to sing. Evil Creep sings about stabbing people, and Crazy Lady sings about being psychotic. Then they have a duet that's all about mass murder. I also made a little guy in a penguin suit sing about fish, an ugly lady sing about being ugly, and a little kid who sings about being home alone all the time while his mom's at work. They're really funny and/or cute. I wish I could put them on youtube like other people, but I don't have the capability.

Kitababie
December 22nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
Animal Crossing QQ oh boy. Maybe I should start that game up again. Hmm... but do I really feel like doing all the weeding e.e'

Kitababie
December 22nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
Yo.. Pokemon ... any of them. GO PLAY 'EM ALL GUYS \o\ :3

EnochP
December 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Mount and blade is a game you can lose months of time with. It's basically narnia

DeikaBabe
December 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
Baking:
- 120 tarts, 120 shortbread cookies, blueberry scones, and a cranberry loaf.

EATING said desserts.
Gracey, please send me treats!

Matchamatsu
December 23rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
EATING said desserts.
Gracey, please send me treats!

dibs on the shortbread cookies mm mmm mmm

ChocolateMinT
December 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Ever since I got FL, my town kinda looks like crap D:. And I loooove harvest moon! I preordered Story of Seasons but it won't be out until Feb. ): I personally loved Sunshine Islands and Rune Factory 4.

Matchamatsu
December 23rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
Ever since I got FL, my town kinda looks like crap D:. And I loooove harvest moon! I preordered Story of Seasons but it won't be out until Feb. ): I personally loved Sunshine Islands and Rune Factory 4.

I skipped too many days in animal crossing and got bored. YES...I can't wait for Story of Seasons to come out. It looks similar to the Harvest Moon: A New Beginning but with better bachelorettes and bachelors. Harvest Moon: the Lost Valley looks so crappy /o\

ChocolateMinT
December 23rd, 2014, 09:13 PM
I skipped too many days in animal crossing and got bored. YES...I can't wait for Story of Seasons to come out. It looks similar to the Harvest Moon: A New Beginning but with better bachelorettes and bachelors. Harvest Moon: the Lost Valley looks so crappy /o\
TLV just feels weird, and looks weird. I like the story and all but the art doesn't really capture me. I hope I'll get alot of streetpasses on Story of Seasons~ It feels so lonely to know that I'm the only person who loves Harvest moon in my city ):. What I'm really excited for with SoS is the character customization! I finally get to make how I want my character to be, instead of being generic.

EDIT. If you preorder Story of Seasons, you'll get a pocket Angora rabbit plush! I read it on Xseed's blog.

Froofi
December 24th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I soo miss harvest moon

but the Lord Gaben has stolen my soul from console games
and money with these flippin sales, I swear my wallet's just going to disintegrate into nothing

Mayluna
December 27th, 2014, 04:56 AM
I've found that Spore is a glorious game. All the shenanigans. Hehehehe~!

Matchamatsu
December 27th, 2014, 02:06 PM
TLV just feels weird, and looks weird. I like the story and all but the art doesn't really capture me. I hope I'll get alot of streetpasses on Story of Seasons~ It feels so lonely to know that I'm the only person who loves Harvest moon in my city ):. What I'm really excited for with SoS is the character customization! I finally get to make how I want my character to be, instead of being generic.

EDIT. If you preorder Story of Seasons, you'll get a pocket Angora rabbit plush! I read it on Xseed's blog.

Yeah, the lost valley looks like a rip off of the harvest moon series and minecraft. Yeah you get more than 2 options of how your character will look like lol. Although I'm sure SOS will have a lot of interesting systems, I wish they would add the hybrid system that was in Harvest moon: A Wonderful Life. It was cool crossbreeding trees and crops..waiting to see what the end result would look like.

Tomato + Carrot = Melotoma
http://fogu.com/hm/hmawl/hybrids/img/fruit/metoroma.jpg

eh thats cool, where do you have to order? Directly from xseed?

Oxycore
December 27th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I've found that Spore is a glorious game. All the shenanigans. Hehehehe~!

I really liked the concept of Spore.

Unfortunately, the execution wasn't there.

I loved the cell stage, and the creature stage was decent.

On the other hand, the tribal stage made me want to cry, the civilization stage was a dumbed down starcraft, and the space stage was super tedious.

DOMOAKFrost
December 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I really liked the concept of Spore.

Unfortunately, the execution wasn't there.

I loved the cell stage, and the creature stage was decent.

On the other hand, the tribal stage made me want to cry, the civilization stage was a dumbed down starcraft, and the space stage was super tedious.

space age just needed multiple units. It makes no sense to make me warp back to the homeworld to fix an ecological crisis when I'm bringing war to the Grox.

ChocolateMinT
December 27th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, the lost valley looks like a rip off of the harvest moon series and minecraft. Yeah you get more than 2 options of how your character will look like lol. Although I'm sure SOS will have a lot of interesting systems, I wish they would add the hybrid system that was in Harvest moon: A Wonderful Life. It was cool crossbreeding trees and crops..waiting to see what the end result would look like.

Tomato + Carrot = Melotoma
http://fogu.com/hm/hmawl/hybrids/img/fruit/metoroma.jpg

eh thats cool, where do you have to order? Directly from xseed?
I think from Gamestop or Amazon. If you look it up, they'll probably tell you where to buy it in order to get the bonus.