PDA

View Full Version : recruiting event

MuinXhan1
December 17th, 2014, 01:40 AM
think sometime after DoMo has it CBT and goes OBT/full release; to help bring more people we should have some kind of program to recruit or refer others to join in, not sure how it would be set up but would be another way to bring more people in, only problem being people abusing the system for their own gain

well that's my two cents in a nutshell;
anyone else like to put some input on this?

lelouch432
December 17th, 2014, 01:46 AM
Could always just add in the thing most games do when they have a referral based system. You basically don't get any rewards until the players you referred hit a point in the game, ex: a class at level 30. o.o Just cause, its not to be for benefiting, but to help the game. It just needs to give enough reason for people to try and publicize the game.

MuinXhan1
December 17th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Could always just add in the thing most games do when they have a referral based system. You basically don't get any rewards until the players you referred hit a point in the game, ex: a class at level 30. o.o Just cause, its not to be for benefiting, but to help the game. It just needs to give enough reason for people to try and publicize the game.

aye true or a tier system of similar set up like hit X level get X item get Y level get Y item; and it should help both parties the recruiter and recruited so both get some kind of item but that where people would abuse such a system would also make it hard to work with

lelouch432
December 17th, 2014, 02:24 AM
aye true or a tier system of similar set up like hit X level get X item get Y level get Y item; and it should help both parties the recruiter and recruited so both get some kind of item but that where people would abuse such a system would also make it hard to work with

Mhmm it helps prevent abusing it due to the fact that they actually HAVE to leveling the characters. I could see something like that get implemented if say they are in need of people.

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Sounds an awful lot like the Teacher/Student system... hmm...

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Sounds an awful lot like the Teacher/Student system... hmm...

Except the teacher/student system gives worthless rewards.

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Except the teacher/student system gives worthless rewards.

Fixable. 12345

lelouch432
December 17th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Its more so just a tactic used to bring people into the game more or less

MuinXhan1
December 17th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Its more so just a tactic used to bring people into the game more or less

^ couldnt said it any better

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Fixable. 12345

I assume he meant like "Get someone to join and get to level 20 and get 50 SUBA points" type referral system many games do

MuinXhan1
December 17th, 2014, 06:08 AM
I assume he meant like "Get someone to join and get to level 20 and get 50 SUBA points" type referral system many games do

maybe also a title knowing some people are achievement hunters

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Would you rather join a game just to have enough real-money credits to spend on a low-tier consumable, or something that will help you play the game? It would be much better to give some type of a non-tradeable booster or costume piece, imo.

Also, another way to run referrals could just be through referral links, and then limiting the amount of prizes the referrer gets, while the number of referred to get prizes are unlimited.

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Would you rather join a game just to have enough real-money credits to spend on a low-tier consumable, or something that will help you play the game? It would be much better to give some type of a non-tradeable booster or costume piece, imo.

Also, another way to run referrals could just be through referral links, and then limiting the amount of prizes the referrer gets, while the number of referred to get prizes are unlimited.

True. I never bother with referring when it's stuff I can just buy, but if it was a title or other wise unobtainable costume I'd give it a go

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Fixable. 12345

Oh, yeah, it's fixable, just like the stair glitch is fixable, or the god-awful balance between caster and physical classes. Doesn't mean that SoftStar will ever do anything about it. Try again.

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Oh, yeah, it's fixable, just like the stair glitch is fixable, or the god-awful balance between caster and physical classes. Doesn't mean that SoftStar will ever do anything about it. Try again.

Doesn't have to be something on SS's end. Something as small as reward distribution can be handled by Suba. Ty, come again.

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Doesn't have to be something on SS's end. Something as small as reward distribution can be handled by Suba. Ty, come again.

So what you're saying is Suba should keep track of people who get students to level 20 and then give them rewards based on that. Wow, it's almost as if, with one level of abstraction, they could simply be doing that with referrals, and skip over a step entirely!

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
So what you're saying is Suba should keep track of people who get students to level 20 and then give them rewards based on that. Wow, it's almost as if, with one level of abstraction, they could simply be doing that with referrals, and skip over a step entirely!

Yeah! And maybe they can even use the game itself to do that too, like they do with every quest!

Seems like you forget that they can tinker with the game. It's okay, skepticism gets everyone at some time. Instead of the "worthless rewards" the quest gives, Suba can change them to rewards we want.

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Yeah! And maybe they can even use the game itself to do that too, like they do with every quest!

Seems like you forget that they can tinker with the game. It's okay, skepticism gets everyone at some time. Instead of the "worthless rewards" the quest gives, Suba can change them to rewards we want.

Suba cannot "tinker with the game". Where did you get that impression? Suba does not have the ability or the licensing agreement to change quest rewards. Pls 2 b knowing what you are talking about.

Carecrow
December 17th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Suba cannot "tinker with the game". Where did you get that impression? Suba does not have the ability or the licensing agreement to change quest rewards. Pls 2 b knowing what you are talking about.

Ty, come again.

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Then I maintain full faith in Suba's ability to get changes done within the game. I think if they've had enough success reviving the game, such minor changes are certainly within reach.

pls stop so rude :^) XD

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Then I maintain full faith in Suba's ability to get changes done within the game. I think if they've had enough success reviving the game, such minor changes are certainly within reach.

pls stop so rude :^) XD

Yes, such minor changes are "certainly within reach". It's not like it took three years for SoftStart to code same-gender marriage into the game... and even then, that was only after players from IC had put enough pressure on them.

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Yes, such minor changes are "certainly within reach". It's not like it took three years for SoftStart to code same-gender marriage into the game... and even then, that was only after players from IC had put enough pressure on them.

It's not like DOMO's coming back to the West. How 'bout a little faith m8?

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 08:38 AM
It's not like DOMO's coming back to the West. How 'bout a little faith m8?

lol ­ ­

TehParamedic
December 17th, 2014, 08:53 AM
lol * *

The perfect rebuttal.

Drat.

You've completely convinced me to believe that Suba and SS are in fact NOT going to be working together after all, and Suba been left out in the open for dead, as they have set themselves up to be, by not planning ahead. Thank you for showing me the light and helping me realize that there is no point to playing DOMO anymore, as it will be the exact same as we had before.

Ty, come again.

Oh, you. (*ノωノ)

True. I never bother with referring when it's stuff I can just buy, but if it was a title or other wise unobtainable costume I'd give it a go

Ty

LadyMae
December 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I'm sure the 7k+ they got from kickstarter must be used for something....

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM

Booze and cigarettes

ShadowKnightZero
December 17th, 2014, 11:47 AM
i'll be using my Let's play of the game to try and bring new members, all I can really do since I don't know any of my "friends" emails x.x

Cidopuck
December 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I'm talking directly to you, DylankyounD18W6. There is no need to be rude, even if you're right. You're not, but in either case please stop being so antagonistic.

Now, to the topic at hand.

Referral systems are tricky, since some dedicated players committed to exploiting it could ruin the whole thing. The rewards would be in-game prizes.

What we need to do is strike a balance with these prizes between them being useful, worth it, and overall enticing, but not so worth it that someone would feel like making a billion fake email accounts for it. Or, if they did, it wouldn't give them huge advantages and waste their time more than it hurts other players.

Costumes are a nice idea for this, since they're really only directly useful to the player once, but are still enticing enough to do it at least that one time. We might, if we have this system, make a package instead so that there are some items that make it worth your time to use the system more than once, whatever you do with the extra costumes. Making them non-tradeable also helps to prevent abuse.

I do also quite like the idea of having an achievement for it.

This is a useful thread to refer to if we do decide to have such a system in DOMO, thank you for your input!

DOMOAKFrost
December 17th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'm talking directly to you, DylankyounD18W6. There is no need to be rude, even if you're right. You're not, but in either case please stop being so antagonistic.

Now, to the topic at hand.

Referral systems are tricky, since some dedicated players committed to exploiting it could ruin the whole thing. The rewards would be in-game prizes.

What we need to do is strike a balance with these prizes between them being useful, worth it, and overall enticing, but not so worth it that someone would feel like making a billion fake email accounts for it. Or, if they did, it wouldn't give them huge advantages and waste their time more than it hurts other players.

Costumes are a nice idea for this, since they're really only directly useful to the player once, but are still enticing enough to do it at least that one time. We might, if we have this system, make a package instead so that there are some items that make it worth your time to use the system more than once, whatever you do with the extra costumes. Making them non-tradeable also helps to prevent abuse.

I do also quite like the idea of having an achievement for it.

This is a useful thread to refer to if we do decide to have such a system in DOMO, thank you for your input!

SS did for a time offered a free level 70 job to each new player.

I'd try getting that.

Carecrow
December 17th, 2014, 01:50 PM

Flying pigs.

SS did for a time offered a free level 70 job to each new player.

I'd try getting that.

Sounds terrible. How close to launch did they offer that?

LadyMae
December 17th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Flying pigs.

"Due to legal issues, the pig could be a stuffed animal or professional skydiver dressed up as one."

:'(

Carecrow
December 17th, 2014, 01:56 PM
"Due to legal issues, the pig could be a stuffed animal or professional skydiver dressed up as one."

:'(

Sorry,

Throwing soft toys out of airplanes*

LadyMae
December 17th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Sorry,

Throwing soft toys out of airplanes*

Sounds about right.

DOMOAKFrost
December 17th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Flying pigs.

Sounds terrible. How close to launch did they offer that?

3 years from release. It did bring back a spike of players for a few months.

Carecrow
December 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM
3 years from release. It did bring back a spike of players for a few months.

If Suba DOMO is around in 3 years, I'm fine with it!

DOMOAKFrost
December 17th, 2014, 02:15 PM
If Suba DOMO is around in 3 years, I'm fine with it!

they only had the system on a new server.

Matchamatsu
December 17th, 2014, 04:15 PM
You could always just recruit for bragging rights. DOMO is only worth playing if your friends are anyway. I've already tried to recruit as many people as I could. Most have been on league but will play DOMO once it's released.

Kitababie
December 17th, 2014, 10:02 PM
DOMO is only worth playing if your friends are anyway.

I don't agree. DoMO has always been a VERY social community. You can make friends very easily on this game, without prior friends playing.

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM

I am right. I whole-heartedly doubt that Suba has the capabilities or even the legal standing to modify the rewards of preset in-game quests.

FireaArt
December 18th, 2014, 01:48 AM
I am right. I whole-heartedly doubt that Suba has the capabilities or even the legal standing to modify the rewards of preset in-game quests.

You realize Cidopuck like, works for Suba, right? And that he would know if Suba would have those capabilities? It's okay to be wrong, you know, arguing past the fact doesn't really help your case.

On a different note, I agree with Cido's post that creating a balance between worth it and not too worth it enough to defer exploiters is important. The package with a few good things and a few good but non tradeable other things is a good idea. Maybe you could even make the costume semi random from 3-5 different non-tradeable pieces so people do still want to refer more than once. Though if you got the same thing several times it could be annoying. And then, buff items, even if non tradeable could still give exploiters an advantage, so keeping them small or some how limited I think is a good idea.

Oh, or you could have referral tiers, like you get one package for the first 3 referrals, and a lesser one for the next few, and then something relatively simple after like, 10+

Not sure about everything, just tossing ideas around. Referrals are always nice when starting up a game, especially when you were planning to get some others to play anyway. Bonuses for good players!

Dyyn
December 18th, 2014, 03:10 AM
You realize Cidopuck like, works for Suba, right? And that he would know if Suba would have those capabilities? It's okay to be wrong, you know, arguing past the fact doesn't really help your case.

It doesn't matter if Cidopuck works for Suba or not; a fact is a fact is a fact, and the fact is Suba, just like Aeria, is not capable or licensed to modify the code of the game. Period.

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
On a different note, I agree with Cido's post that creating a balance between worth it and not too worth it enough to defer exploiters is important. The package with a few good things and a few good but non tradeable other things is a good idea. Maybe you could even make the costume semi random from 3-5 different non-tradeable pieces so people do still want to refer more than once. Though if you got the same thing several times it could be annoying. And then, buff items, even if non tradeable could still give exploiters an advantage, so keeping them small or some how limited I think is a good idea.

Oh, or you could have referral tiers, like you get one package for the first 3 referrals, and a lesser one for the next few, and then something relatively simple after like, 10+

I feel like tiers could very easily be used by exploiters, but I like the idea of getting a semi-random non-tradeable costy lol. Especially if there is like "Referred player must reach level 20" or something before you'll receive your prize. I was going to say level 10, because that's when you pick your classes, but it's too easy to reach level 10. xD

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
It doesn't matter if Cidopuck works for Suba or not; a fact is a fact is a fact, and the fact is Suba, just like Aeria, is not capable or licensed to modify the code of the game. Period.

While I actually believe this to be true, I feel like you're being accidentally rude while trying to prove your point. :x
I too believe the only people who can modify the game is Softstar, because they are licensed to do so. If Suba does need to edit it, they have to go through Softstar first.
If that's wrong, I don't mind a GM correcting me. c: It's just been true for every other mmo I've played lol

LilKizuna
December 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
The things said here just lol

~Lil_Kizuna

Kaleie
December 18th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I feel like tiers could very easily be used by exploiters, but I like the idea of getting a semi-random non-tradeable costy lol. Especially if there is like "Referred player must reach level 20" or something before you'll receive your prize. I was going to say level 10, because that's when you pick your classes, but it's too easy to reach level 10. xD

It's also really easy to get to 20. Someone can do that in like 4 hours. Also, if people want to exploit it, alts/mules can be leveled extremely fast if your main is high (40+). I'm trying to think of other options besides reaching a certain level. Most games I know of with referral systems are f2p with optional "patron" subscriptions, or p2p, and people get rewards when then referred person buys X amount of game time. Domo doesn't have a "boot due to inacativity" system, so time online wouldn't really work, either.

Kitababie
December 19th, 2014, 07:43 AM
It's also really easy to get to 20. Someone can do that in like 4 hours. Also, if people want to exploit it, alts/mules can be leveled extremely fast if your main is high (40+). I'm trying to think of other options besides reaching a certain level. Most games I know of with referral systems are f2p with optional "patron" subscriptions, or p2p, and people get rewards when then referred person buys X amount of game time. Domo doesn't have a "boot due to inacativity" system, so time online wouldn't really work, either.

Lol That's a lot of time to put in for a NT costume. That'd be 8hours for two NT costys, someone could easily farm enough for T costys in that time LOL. And actually plvling doesn't work too well on this game because of the 10 lvl restriction between players and 5 lvls for pets. So the high level alts don't really help, expect that you'd have experience of where to level.

Kaleie
December 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Lol That's a lot of time to put in for a NT costume. That'd be 8hours for two NT costys, someone could easily farm enough for T costys in that time LOL. And actually plvling doesn't work too well on this game because of the 10 lvl restriction between players and 5 lvls for pets. So the high level alts don't really help, expect that you'd have experience of where to level.

Depends how much costumes are in Suba Domo, but on Aeria, it would have taken WAY longer than 4 hours to farm enough for a 3,000,000 gold costume. And if you have a high level main, it probably has lower level classes, too. I've played with people who plveld their alts, it's not that hard. It's easier than trying to find a good group, anyway.

Another option could be, a player has to get 3 or 4 classes to 20 or 30, or something (I personally think 30 better).

My point was just that reaching a certain level is a possible way to do referral rewards, but it's easy to exploit. But for a f2p game without optional subscriptions, it might be the best way. I'd still rather see a way that's more reliable.

Dyyn
December 19th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Depends how much costumes are in Suba Domo, but on Aeria, it would have taken WAY longer than 4 hours to farm enough for a 3,000,000 gold costume. And if you have a high level main, it probably has lower level classes, too. I've played with people who plveld their alts, it's not that hard. It's easier than trying to find a good group, anyway.

Another option could be, a player has to get 3 or 4 classes to 20 or 30, or something (I personally think 30 better).

My point was just that reaching a certain level is a possible way to do referral rewards, but it's easy to exploit. But for a f2p game without optional subscriptions, it might be the best way. I'd still rather see a way that's more reliable.

since when were costumes on Aeria worth three million gold lol

only one that even remotely approached that price was the dumb Fifa costume that was only worth about a million because of how rare they were but nobody cared about them

Eostre
December 19th, 2014, 09:13 PM
The recruit a friend system that I've seen a lot in games are recruit one person get this reward, recruit five people and get a better reward, recruit ten people and get an even better reward, and so on so forth, though something like this can be abused but I believe most companies who use this RAF track your IP (Not 100% sure though) so it isn't as easily abused. Also I suggest if it's a leveling RAF it should be that the person should get to 25+ if not a bit higher, because again something like that will be easily abused and exploited.

Matchamatsu
December 19th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I don't agree. DoMO has always been a VERY social community. You can make friends very easily on this game, without prior friends playing.

Yeah your point is true....I'm always up for making new friends. I like that everyone was pretty much forced to in TW domo. Still I don't know if I would bother playing again if none of my friends joined........angitia.....miao....grimnosferatu... .canary..sarafan you bishes better play.

Kitababie
December 20th, 2014, 09:52 AM

WTF costy was 3mil? :P Most of the costy on Onyx were 300k-800k. (More in the 500/600 range.)

Edit:
LOL sorry. just realized that sounded btchy. I meant it as a serious question. So I added a " :p" face to lessen the mood. o.o