PDA

View Full Version : Default hair.

LadyinSpades
December 19th, 2014, 04:46 PM
A Little thing that would be amazing is if the witch hat's( and a few others) didn't make you have default hair! That would be nice.

Matchamatsu
December 19th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I hate cat/bear/rabbit ears on female shura. I wish they could fix it so you don't end up with four ears.

LadyOkamia
December 20th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I hate cat/bear/rabbit ears on female shura. I wish they could fix it so you don't end up with four ears.

Yeah =/. When I had the whole cat suit I had 2 tails and 4 ears XD! Its like I was trying to cos-play an animal as an animal XD!

LadyinSpades
December 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Wouldn't it be great if it also gave you the animal tail of the ear's your wearing. ( and remove shuras when you wear it) I would buy all of them.

RangePhoenix
December 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Hopefully this can stop the thread from going completely off track, but I suspect that the reason some hats use a "default" hairstyle is simply to prevent clipping. It's a bit lazy of a tactic, but effective nonetheless, For some hairstyles, it would make sense that they would let their hair down before putting it on to make it much more comfortable to wear, but I can also see situations where this wouldn't look right as well.

On the other topic, the black and white kitty ears removed the shura's fox ears when equipped. Or, they did for me when I played, anyways. Same with the black and white kitty outfit removing the tail. I'd totally support more types of animal tails, but I'd like to hope they'd be animated like the shura's tail is. That waving is... hypnotic...

Kitababie
December 20th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Hopefully this can stop the thread from going completely off track, but I suspect that the reason some hats use a "default" hairstyle is simply to prevent clipping. It's a bit lazy of a tactic, but effective nonetheless, For some hairstyles, it would make sense that they would let their hair down before putting it on to make it much more comfortable to wear, but I can also see situations where this wouldn't look right as well.

On the other topic, the black and white kitty ears removed the shura's fox ears when equipped. Or, they did for me when I played, anyways. Same with the black and white kitty outfit removing the tail. I'd totally support more types of animal tails, but I'd like to hope they'd be animated like the shura's tail is. That waving is... hypnotic...

I agree. If this was real life, you wouldn't put your hair up to wear a hat. I don't think the hat thing is a problem at all.
As for the costume ears, I never used the non-animated Cat ears (the headpiece ones) so I'm not sure about those. However, the ANIMATED cat ears did NOT remove the shura's ears lol. I remember transforming into shura and looking at my four ears and was like... NOPE back to sprite.

Miradora
December 20th, 2014, 07:21 PM
If you ever want to see what happens when you wear a headgear that doesn't replace your hair, you can try on the Paper Steel Helmet, which was never fixed. It looks especially bad if you have really spiky hair (example (http://www.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000133.png)).

That said, I think that 'default hairstyle' is pretty terrible too. There's one armor set which is incorrectly coded to use it when it should not have, and you can see the full horror of it (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/armor/sylph-f/Clothing_Lv68-70_60Upgraded.png) (male version (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/armor/sylph-m/Clothing_Lv68-70_60Upgraded.png)). Such a shame since it's a really nice armor set too.

LadyinSpades
December 21st, 2014, 01:17 PM
I agree. If this was real life, you wouldn't put your hair up to wear a hat. I don't think the hat thing is a problem at all.
As for the costume ears, I never used the non-animated Cat ears (the headpiece ones) so I'm not sure about those. However, the ANIMATED cat ears did NOT remove the shura's ears lol. I remember transforming into shura and looking at my four ears and was like... NOPE back to sprite.

I atleast Want it to look like normal hair then, Not that jagged uglyness.

Shioriii
December 21st, 2014, 05:48 PM
Truthfully I liked how it would change the hair style. I chose the hats i'd use by how the hair would look half the time. It made it seem like you changed your hair style without actually changing it.

Kitababie
December 21st, 2014, 05:57 PM
I atleast Want it to look like normal hair then, Not that jagged uglyness.

I like the default hair. I don't think it looks jagged or whatever you mean. If it was "jagged ugliness," people wouldn't use that hair... which they do. So it sounds more like preference than a problem here. Hats are optional, too. The only problem would be hair sticking THROUGH the hat, which it does not because the hair is changed to default. So which would you rather have? True jagged hair, in which it sticks outta the hat - or - default hair....

GPolky
December 21st, 2014, 06:01 PM
I might just be crazy, but I could have sworn the Princess' Tiara changed which hairstyle it would default to. I just distinctly remember putting on the Tiara one time and going, "This isn't how my hair looked the first time I put this on."

NotHereCantDelete
December 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM
I remember it doing that too, but it didn't do it all the time.. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might have depended on what armor helm you were wearing underneath?

LadyinSpades
December 23rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
I feel alittle targeted for wanting to not have those weird bangs lol.