PDA

View Full Version : Servers?

lelouch432
December 23rd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Just wanted to bring up a question that I know is on a few players minds. When comes to the release of the game, will there be some kind of pre-posting about the game informing on things such as servers? It would be really awesome if we could know what the different servers are if there will be more than one. ^^ We could plan out to play with our friends that way without having to worry of being scattered. :D

Anyone have any thoughts on this they would like to add? = )

LadyMae
December 23rd, 2014, 08:25 AM
I don't think they will be having more than one server. It would divide the population up. If there are going to be more servers, that would happen well into the game.

Kitababie
December 23rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
I don't think they will be having more than one server. It would divide the population up. If there are going to be more servers, that would happen well into the game.

I agree. This will probably be the case considering Onyx was the only sever at first. However, I would like information about the game though. Perhaps after they give us a final release date for CBT, we could get some information about what to expect via server(s), jobs available, maps available, and cap for both CBT/OBT.

Matchamatsu
December 23rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Aw isn't that just wonderful. Together forever and never apart.
It will be strange to see a busy server.

HippieGoddess
December 23rd, 2014, 06:09 PM
I agree. Knowing what all will be the same, or what's been changed will be a bonus and help players plan out what to do beforehand.
Personally it would get me more excited for the game than I am now (if that's possible)

ChocolateMinT
December 23rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Generally, extra servers aren't needed unless the game is at it's capacity for the amount of people playing on it and the character data. If that applies to DoMO. I remember when Sapphire was made after a couple of years DoMO was released. My initial thought when you said that was having PK (player kill) servers o_o.

lelouch432
December 24th, 2014, 12:48 AM
My only thought on it is that normally for games its their first opening so their player base isn't that large. But who knows how many players will be joining Domo upon release. They might be expecting for a bit more people then the average game release, considering it has been out before and there already was a decent number of people wanting to join.

AndreaY
December 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM
The common usage is open less servers than expected and scale things after you have some stats about the server population.

As you know, AAA labels at start have always long wait queues just because of that.

Then after: the various initial free trials expired, population almost settled, all people who hammered servers to see how game is (including press and Others that will unlikely will go again there soon) stopped to login, after all this, maybe some change is done.

Open a new server too soon is very risky, leaving you with two half empty servers at the end.

In case of DoMO, well this isn't a new game, so maybe there will be some press that just logs for a "return back" article, then I guess the server will be initially populed by the old regulars, and then (hopefully!!!) filled with new ones from steam.

I'd expect a peak on first week, then settles down, then start grow. I wish it grows so much to really call a need for a second server