PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION/WISH] Guild and Character Name Reservation.

FadeDragon
December 24th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Okay, so where DOMO is a game with a very rich and involved history. I imagine there will be a lot of contest over certain names or people who would want to troll by taking a well-established character or guilds name.

What I would like to suggest is a system to reserve certain names, perhaps through the suba mall, or as a GM managed forum activity.

For example, I know for sure there will be at least two or three people at launch trying to grab up character names. I have a hard enough time as it is with Fade in various mmos, and I think one of the reasons I stuck around DOMO so much was because I got the pure form of my name. I don't know if this would be practical/possible with suba's toolset, but if it could happen I'm sure a lot of players would be appreciative.

Cidopuck
December 24th, 2014, 01:35 PM
This would involve building new systems which we don't have, unless the GMs record it all manually, which is asking too much.

Pretty much, names are first come, first served. If you have reason to believe someone is hoarding names, or has taken your name on purpose or out of spite, then you can report them and a GM will look into it

HippieGoddess
December 24th, 2014, 02:37 PM
It would be very hard to make sure the actual players got their names once the game is launched and is flooded with tons of people signing up, making characters, etc.

Gambachi
December 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM
This would involve building new systems which we don't have, unless the GMs record it all manually, which is asking too much.

Pretty much, names are first come, first served. If you have reason to believe someone is hoarding names, or has taken your name on purpose or out of spite, then you can report them and a GM will look into it

I can foresee problems with the latter with people reporting just because a name they wanted was taken.

LadyMae
December 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Simple, short names are going to be desired by multiple people,
It's going to be a hassle if everyone started reporting that their name was "purposely taken."

DOMOAKFrost
December 24th, 2014, 04:23 PM
most likely you'll need to submit evidence that you actually controlled that name at Aeria to be considered.

HippieGoddess
December 24th, 2014, 04:27 PM
It's a good thought, but just not very practical. I'd love to be able to save my character's name because it's the one I've always used. However, i'll just have to sign up quick and hope for the best and hope that people respect that this is my name.

LoIcatKumi
December 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I don't care.

I know nobody will get my stupid name :D

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 24th, 2014, 07:46 PM
This idea is quite literally pointless as it just shifts the time to take someone's name from when the game is made to when you are allowed to reserve names.

Kitababie
December 24th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Lol No offense... but this sounds pointless.... it would also be first come first serve for the requesting... XD

LadyMae
December 24th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Ladies and Gents, this is what happens when we're waiting too long for a game. People over-think things and plan way too much.

Kitababie
December 24th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Ladies and Gents, this is what happens when we're waiting too long for a game. People over-think things and plan way too much.

lmao -nods-

Phillippus
December 25th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Dont see why do that... Whoever gets the name first, was obviously the most dedicated and most deserving. If you dont get your name/guild name... Well... Whatever. No one invented the name they're gonna use(And if you did, you're 100% sure that no one is gonna get it, cuz it's gotta be something really crazy), so i dont think that one person should have the right to reserve it...

Btw... What about all those generic guild names like Empire, Elysium, Innocence, Ragnarok, Log Horizon, Akatsuki and etc that every-effing-one makes? Are you or anyone else more deserving to use those generic names than other people?

What about the Narutos, Kiritos, Luffies? Who is more deserving of those names? No one is. -_-
Just be as fast as possible at the open beta and you'll get what you want.

LilKizuna
December 25th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Like the idea. The way it would be implemented would most likely be a mess though~

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
December 25th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Like the idea. The way it would be implemented would most likely be a mess though~

~Lil_Kizuna

Kiz, did Frost get you scurred that easily?

LilKizuna
December 25th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Kiz, did Frost get you scurred that easily?

Honestly idgaf I just want new mule names. Heck I'd pay 10 dorra just for the names to be reserved rly

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
December 25th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Honestly idgaf I just want new mule names. Heck I'd pay 10 dorra just for the names to be reserved rly

~Lil_Kizuna

meh, it's pointless if you aren't scared.

NotHereCantDelete
December 25th, 2014, 06:00 AM
This was a brave thing to post... I mean this is why I've not told anyone the name I want, imagine how quickly someone will get the idea if I went: "HEY EVERYONE, I WANT (name), PLEASE NO TAKEY, THANK YOU!"

... Anyway, Cido said it earlier really, they'd have to either implement all new gubbins or make a list of all the people who reserve names then if someone takes them they'd have to change it.. Imagine your first experience of the game being, "Sorry, someone reserved that name, move your ass off it."

tl;dr - Sorry, but it's almost definitely not gonna happen, as always there'll be the desperate pre-game name dive which I'll probably have to stay awake 'till like 2am for lol
(Happy Holidays everyone, I got a ps3 game and now I have to wait for ALL THE UPDATES.)

UmbyZero
December 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I think if someone took my name I would cry. They would be taking my whole DOMO identity, for reasons some may realize. But yeah, there's nothing that can be done about it. I don't usually have to worry though.

Seiboy
December 25th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Perhaps this can be considered for CB players that wish to keep a name.
Plausible?

Oxycore
December 25th, 2014, 06:37 PM
If you're worried about your name being taken, maybe it's because other people want the same name.

I wonder how many people are going to try Asuna or Kirito before :'( because the name is no longer available.

AndreaY
December 25th, 2014, 07:21 PM
As long as names are "first come first served", we all have just to...

http://cdn1.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/RecessDealWithItGIF.gif

LNova
December 25th, 2014, 08:52 PM
My plan the first day/day before domo opens
Step 1: Make multiple accounts
Step 2: Takes common/ names i know people will have
Step 3: Sit there and watch the QQ

Will I really do this? Probably not, depends how motivated i really am

TehParamedic
December 26th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Hey guys, would really appreciate if you don't take "TehParamedic" m'kay? Ty.

Dyyn
December 26th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, would really appreciate if you don't take "TehParamedic" m'kay? Ty.

I'll take it specifically because using "teh" is definitely outdated by a good ten years.

FadeDragon
December 26th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Its a concern to me because I've already heard rumor of players who intend to snag up my name, I'll just try to outrush whoever it is and hope for the best.

Kitababie
December 26th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Its a concern to me because I've already heard rumor of players who intend to snag up my name, I'll just try to outrush whoever it is and hope for the best.

You can always do variations like FadedDragon or Fade.Dragon or -FadeDragon- ect... xD

TehParamedic
December 26th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I'll take it specifically because using "teh" is definitely outdated by a good ten years.

Don't make me break out t3h 1337 5p33k.

AndreaY
December 27th, 2014, 07:03 AM
All taken? Oh well, time to create a nice new one.
Quite funny to think someone can go upset because they think about "owning" a nick, as they have copyrighted it.

I wonder I have to check the copyright office, before choose a nick for my character, to avoid use something one of them created in the past. Really, lol.

FadeDragon
December 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Quite funny to think someone can go upset because they think about "owning" a nick, as they have copyrighted it.

I wonder I have to check the copyright office, before choose a nick for my character, to avoid use something one of them created in the past. Really, lol.

When it comes to player and guild names already established in a previous versions of domo, I think some people might be justified in feeling some ownership over their name.

Matchamatsu
December 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I don't even care if someone uses my old IGN. They aren't as badass as I am so I'll just make another badass name.

DeikaBabe
December 27th, 2014, 02:10 PM

My name is Princess Consuelo Bananahammock
And I will hunt down whoever tries to steal MY name and lick you to death
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1895624_o.gif

Kitababie
December 29th, 2014, 01:40 PM

I mean as far as the naming goes, if you created a guild name or character name, and you know someone specifically took it because they can... then, yeah I'd feel some type of way.
Also, if you created a never-before-seen name in the last DoMO, then yes, I'd consider that as owning and therefore, thievery when taken. I wouldn't go crying about it though. Just come up with a different name~