PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about DOMOs re release?

ArabPikachu
December 27th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Was it through any of these:

Facebook
YouTube videos
Steam
Subagames.com
Friends

Gambachi
December 27th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Pure luck initially. One day just remembered Domo from a nostalgia flashback and decided to look it up again. Saw that the Aeria version had since closed and then saw the 'bring Domo back 'thread here. Signed up to register my vote. Months later I remembered about it and checked to see how it was going and Boom re release! :awsum:

Senrys
December 27th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I just found out yesterday.
It was that time of the year where I randomly look for new MMOs. Needed a little break for League of Legends (until season 5 comes) and Elsword, a game I've spent years like DOMO. I suddenly remembered DOMO and wanted to check it out for nostalgia sake (I already knew the game was shut down) until I stumbled upon the Facebook page and saw images of a Shura GM running out. Read about it, checked the forums and boom registered here and registered to a Guild already. I've never been too excited for a MMO lol

GraceySells
December 27th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Welcome back Arab.
I found out from my BFF, TheScarecrow.

Z0mb3h
December 27th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I found out actually when I started playing IC DOMO, I was searching around the Wiki for quest help ad such (since I can't read Chinese) and saw a announcement for "a spark of hope for DOMO" or something like that. So I saw the thread, joined SubaGames and- well here I am. It's been a nice experience though and I've made a ton of new friends just by simply hanging around on the suggestion thread for months waiting until we got the good news~

Once I found out about the thread though, I spammed a lot of Youtube videos and Deviantart groups and deviations with news about it.. Lol.

Matchamatsu
December 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I found out through people in TW domo that some were trying to bring back domo through suba games. We were all pessimistic about it...but I decided to join the suba website to add a post to the "get this game" thread anyway. I don't regret doing it. I think a week or so later they announced they're bringing it back.

Icywind1980
December 27th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I did a google search looking for a DoMO translation. I was gonna play IC DoMO, but I figured I'd wait until it was released here than I could start from scratch over on a server I could understand.

Froofi
December 27th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I would periodically look up domo, just to see if anyone was talking about it/just nostalgia.
So I got lucky and found the suggestion thread just as it started.

HealerKun
December 27th, 2014, 01:45 PM
for the past year , every sunday i would google DOMO or games similar to DOMO , then i got lucky and 3 months ago , there was a thread about DOMO revival :) and THUS i knew about it's revival

TrippyLogic
December 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I joined SubaGames to try out Lucent Heart, then I randomly stumpled upon the thread suggesting SubaGames to get it. I tried to spread the word, but I haven't really kept in touch with people I played domo with, so it was kinda hard.

Dyyn
December 27th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'm omniscient.

Divini
December 27th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Neither one of those. I was just randomly browsing MMOHut just to decompress after finishing a tough programming assignment, when I just happened to come across news of the kickstarter.

Mind you, this was at the start of December, and I've never played domo before. Feels like destiny.

DOMOAKFrost
December 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Funnily, it was from Aeria.

Somebody posted their old domo thread in R&R and I got an email notification.

MuinXhan1
December 27th, 2014, 03:11 PM
friend woke me up early one morning with spam about something coming back, first I was still asleep then shocked then excited; it was a very good day for me

Superstarstrike
December 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Been on Subagames to play Lucent Heart, then I saw in the Sugguestions sub-forum about DoMO a month after the thread was made. Been passively posting there as I played LH and then suddenly the thread exploded as more people found out the petition.

And now, we're here. :D

Kirbychu
December 27th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I found out actually when I started playing IC DOMO, I was searching around the Wiki for quest help ad such (since I can't read Chinese) and saw a announcement for "a spark of hope for DOMO" or something like that. So I saw the thread, joined SubaGames and- well here I am. It's been a nice experience though and I've made a ton of new friends just by simply hanging around on the suggestion thread for months waiting until we got the good news~

This pretty much sums up exactly how I found out as well. The DOMO Wikia should be on there as a choice lol. I stopped playing IC DOMO completely once it was confirmed that an English client was returning. I just can't justify wasting time on a server that I will be leaving in a couple months to start all over somewhere else.

Gigglypuff1313
December 27th, 2014, 10:19 PM
I had a moment of nostalgia and looked up DOMO which led me to the SubaGames site, where I immediately made my account to voice my support for reviving the game after finding the thread about it :-)

NARAPIDANA
December 28th, 2014, 12:49 AM
i found out the news on facebook, my friend has been share it to me.
and immediately I was re-excited

TheIssing
December 28th, 2014, 05:54 AM
I heard through my friends. so some of them posted a link to the reviving thread on a forum for us merry band of old domo players. :D

FireaArt
December 28th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Wanted to play Domo again about a year ago and found out it was closed, so I looked around a bit n found the suba thread to bring it back. Forgot about it for a while and then a few months ago googled it again, found the suba site, and saw it on the games list. Got pretty excited and have been both patiently and impatiently waiting since!

NotHereCantDelete
December 28th, 2014, 07:54 AM
From the looks of it this poll is missing a vital option of nostalgia / google.
Found myself thinking about Domo when I was thinking of buying some jade jewelry, made me think of the short-guy Jades..
Googled Domo, knowing it had been closed but thought I might find some pictures worth looking at, and saw the "Bring Domo back" thread.

HippieGoddess
December 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I just happened to get back on my gaming facebook account to talk to some really good online-friends again, me and my best online-friend started talking and she told me and I couldn't calm myself down for days. I was so excited that I signed up immediately. Still really excited, but it's calming down more.

LoIcatKumi
December 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I saw Suba had relaunched Lu Heart, then came to intrigate make them took DOMO and Divina back...
that's all *whistles*

DarkChaos10
December 28th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Pure luck, one day I had a nostalgia mood and thought back at DOMO which closed(played for EU server 'till it closed then Aeria server 'till it closed[actually stopped playing Aeria before that because of lag, I started with Aeria and moved to EU because of lag, then went back to Aeria]), I googled "dream of mirror online" and found the "bring DOMO back" thread and then registered to this forum and was happy.

As for how I found DOMO - a local Anime-Manga(and other stuff) forum, I have since abandoned it.

Kitababie
December 28th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Random urge to Google search the game lol.

LadyMae
December 28th, 2014, 11:31 PM
So you're saying that more than half the population was playing Subagames and then found out that DOMO was going to released by them? I would imagine the results would favor Facebook or Friends.

HakiYuna
December 29th, 2014, 12:06 AM
after the revive of LH, i was thinking about create a domo suggestion thread but was too shy to do it o///o
and Mchan did create the forum petition, i stalked the thread since then :3 anyway thanks to her xD

TrippyLogic
December 29th, 2014, 03:29 AM
So you're saying that more than half the population was playing Subagames and then found out that DOMO was going to released by them? I would imagine the results would favor Facebook or Friends.

Reading the replies I would think people who randomly googled DOMO for nostalgia voted that they found it on subagames.
Also you can look at people's join date to see how likely it was they were here before the word about the revival got out.

Kirbychu
December 29th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Reading the replies I would think people who randomly googled DOMO for nostalgia voted that they found it on subagames.
Also you can look at people's join date to see how likely it was they were here before the word about the revival got out.

This. The DOMO Wikia wasn't an option (neither was google + nostalgia) so I chose Subagames personally because none of the others fit. After seeing the link on the DOMO Wikia, I made an account for the sole purpose of voicing my support on the DOMO suggestion thread - haven't played any of Suba's other games because none of them interest me. That being said, Facebook, YouTube, Friends, and Steam don't fit at all how I "found out" about DOMO's re-release. If the poll had an "other" option, I would have chosen that instead.

AndreaY
December 29th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Doing other things on my photo bucket account, just saw some screenshot cropping I saved there, and 'googled' DoMO out of curiosity, and got a resurrection notice on some gaming site I don't remember now.

ShadowKnightZero
December 29th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I had just gotten back from the army, and I didn't know it was shut down cuz I had left beforehand, saw it was shut down, got angry, bashed aeria, then came to Suba to download ACE online and saw the thread XD

ArabPikachu
December 29th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I had just gotten back from the army, and I didn't know it was shut down cuz I had left beforehand, saw it was shut down, got angry, bashed aeria, then came to Suba to download ACE online and saw the thread XD

Thank you for your service :)

JinxCat
December 30th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Every now and then I googled "DOMO" and in October there was an article from like MMOhut or something saying it was being brought back. Then I told a ton of people on the Aeria DOMO facebook and tumblr.

Tsukuyumi
December 30th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Stalking the Web for DoMo News I only Joined for the game i cant wait till i can play again xD <3

ArabWondergirl
December 31st, 2014, 01:17 AM
My friend ArabSuperman

TheRealTangerine
December 31st, 2014, 05:32 AM
My friend ArabSuperman

Omg they are multiplying.

Zoraidal
January 2nd, 2015, 04:42 AM
I Googled domo one night because I came across all my saved music files so was feeling nostalgic and it took me to Aeria. I was surprised to see something on it because I knew all the domo related threads were gone. It took me to a thread that people were asking Aeria to revive domo. As I read through the thread someone posted about the "revive domo" thread here on Suba so I came and gave my support.

Long story short.. it was Aeria that I found out about the possible re-release.

LadyOkamia
January 2nd, 2015, 05:16 AM
I honestly cant remember... I think I was looking to see if anyone had a private server for domo. I knew some people who brought back Trickster when it was shut down and their is a private server for that. And I really missed domo so I tried to look for one and then I stumbled upon Subagames saying they were bringing it back ^^!

Vanland
January 2nd, 2015, 06:28 AM
In a flash of nostalgia I googled for the game. I ended up at Aeria, nothing there, but it was at the Wiki I think where I found a link leading to the thread Mchan made.

Fanonymous
January 9th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Well i used to be beta tester and sudenly in steam greenlight i saw domo, and it's really makes me excited, causr it's the best game abou some year ago. Maybe the graphic not really good but i used to play for the plot.

ArdenLyn
January 9th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Pure chance. I looked up an old Domo fan music video I had helped my Chairperson make awhile back and then started googling random Domo stuff and came upon the announcement from Steam Greenlight. I literally jumped out of my chair.

GameGrave
January 10th, 2015, 03:55 AM
one day in september facebook knowing I liked things related to dream of mirror online showed me the first post made telling about the revival of DOMO and I've been ever patient sense then.

OogreBoogre
January 10th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Got nostalgic and check domo.wikia.com. :)

LittleDonut
January 17th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Well, it may sound a bit sad, but every month since it was taken down, i googled it, and i found a post on mmohuts and they mentioned subagames to me so...