PDA

View Full Version : Housing system?

HippieGoddess
December 30th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I've played a few games where there was a housing system implemented. IF there was one in DOMO, how do you think it would work and what features do you think it would have?

I'm not saying it will ever happen, it was just a thought I had while watching some videos.

Carecrow
December 30th, 2014, 12:44 AM
there could be some kind of guild cottage, where guild members with certain permissions could access a guild bank/warehouse type thing.

Divini
December 30th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Weren't there Guild Cottages in domo already?

FireaArt
December 30th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Domo definitely had Guild Cottages, it was a private area for the guild and if the guild heads chose, guild members could access the bank and warehouse.

Individual housing was never implemented, but I don't really see a point to it being added to the game. Unless you wanna just add like, some random little fun decorating thing, which could potentially clog the item mall with things to decorate with, which I'm not exactly supportive of.

I guess you could add a storage kind of thing to houses, but I still don't think it's something Domo would need.

Z0mb3h
December 30th, 2014, 03:38 AM
It'd be neat if anything like it would be implemented and it would be customizable to an extent. But if it was just similar to how the guild cottege works, then I'm not sure. Then again what would the purpose of housing be? Maybe it'd be a neat feature for married people on DoMO; with some sort of warehouse or something? Still seems a little odd for me or pointless.

Though I'm sure those roleplayers would enjoy it. I mean I saw my fair share of people 'roleplaying' and playing house in the upstairs area of the inn. xD (Sitll never understood that though on a mmo)

LoIcatKumi
December 30th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I always found housing as a bothering feature, so I won't mind if they add it, but I won't be happy that much also.

Treffnichts
December 30th, 2014, 10:13 AM
never understood why people want a housing system, just useless

ArabPikachu
December 30th, 2014, 10:16 AM
there could be some kind of guild cottage, where guild members with certain permissions could access a guild bank/warehouse type thing.

Wanna tell them now?

Gigglypuff1313
December 30th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Much as I could appreciate the novelty aspect, I don't see a big point to this. This game is socially driven so players would typically be out and about either training/leveling or chatting with other players. I'd also imagine implementing a unique house instance for every player in DOMO would take up a LOT of space, plus the other potential issues that other MMOs have had with housing systems such as items being accidentally deleted. If anything, I think it would be neat to incorporate a system for contributing gold and perhaps materials to guilds to add some decorations to the guild cottage since it was just like a HUGE chunk of empty space and it gives guilds something else to work together towards beyond just their rep and leaderboard rankings. Just my two cents on the idea :-)

Kitababie
December 30th, 2014, 01:17 PM
My interpretation of this post is that you want people to have their own housing areas... like estates that each person can set up and let people into. But I've played mmo's with this feature and have never used it. I can't see using it on DoMO either, especially because DoMO has a guild cottage. Even though they're different, estates are controlled by the person who sets them up vs guild cottages which are only accessible to that guild, I feel as though it's not worth implementing.
The only thing I would like added to the guild cottage, aside from being able to decorate it more (like wall/flooring coloration or even picking from different themes), would be to enable partner/allied guilds inside the same guild cottage. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember DoMO having this option.)

Superstarstrike
December 30th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Housing systems really only get looked after late-game, which not everyone willingly gets to. Even then, they may forget or not bother with their house unless there's some outside benefit. (I'm speaking from experience)

With Guild Cottages in this game, I see no need for individual houses.

Matchamatsu
December 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Seriously though...some domo players need a room. (If you know what im sayin sayin)
I would like if they changed some of the decor in guild cottage or added new ones......that drum /o\

DreamLH
December 30th, 2014, 03:41 PM
It depends what features the housing system comes with. Lucent Heart's housing system seemed useless besides for the house invasion activity.

The sort of features I am talking about are for example, achievements for killing bosses / completing dungeons (Like a trophy or a medal that is displayed somewhere in your house for the achievement), a place where you can store your money ( So banks would have to be removed. ), a place to store your items, decorating your house and adding in sit down and lay down features for social activity, able to upgrade your house and customize which room goes where and whether you have an upstairs or not, having your house sit next to other player houses, and etc.

All the features I have listed would significantly improve the usefulness and increase the visitors for housing. There's much more you can add to it, I am just giving you the gist of how great it could be.

It really all depends on the programmer and whether they have the time, programming skill, or the imagination to do it.

I doubt the game will ever get a good housing system. Not much of a point in adding it.

Kirbychu
December 30th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Should DOMO have personal houses? No probably not. Would be too much work to add, and like others have said...really pointless addition to the game.

Should the already-implemented guild cottages be customizable? Most definitely! I would love to see furniture and other customization options for the guild cottage. I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I hope Softstar considers it. As it is right now all guild cottages look the same - pretty plain and boring (though during some holidays it is decorated a little), so it would be really awesome if guilds could decorate their cottage to be unique to their guild. Would be a fun thing for guild members to do together as well (not to mention more cash shop items with furniture so it's a win-win).

Kitababie
December 30th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Should DOMO have personal houses? No probably not. Would be too much work to add, and like others have said...really pointless addition to the game.

Should the already-implemented guild cottages be customizable? Most definitely! I would love to see furniture and other customization options for the guild cottage. I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I hope Softstar considers it. As it is right now all guild cottages look the same - pretty plain and boring (though during some holidays it is decorated a little), so it would be really awesome if guilds could decorate their cottage to be unique to their guild. Would be a fun thing for guild members to do together as well (not to mention more cash shop items with furniture so it's a win-win).

^ Exactly. :3 They can expand a lot on the guild cottage customization cause it's sooooo dull. It makes me not want to go in there lol

SirPwn
December 31st, 2014, 07:16 AM
One tweak I would like to see to the guild cottage is the Ferryman NOT requiring a Go Anywhere to function... Like, srsly, it completely beats the point of having him there...

Personally I've always wondered what the "Player Community" areas in towns are for. I mean, they have a tag in the map. They have "levels" as well (assuming it goes from poor to rich). Maybe something like player housing was originally planned?

I wouldn't really know what to put in it though, other than maybe some additional storage (I never seem to have enough storage) accessable only through your house. The raid boss trophies someone mentioned before seem like a cool thing too.

Carecrow
December 31st, 2014, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't really know what to put in it though, other than maybe some additional storage (I never seem to have enough storage) accessable only through your house. The raid boss trophies someone mentioned before seem like a cool thing too.

Raid boss trophies seem pointless unless you could melt them down into gold

MinatoU
December 31st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Fill the item mall up with lot's of decorative items for guild cottage or player houses
Hold contests where people vote for the best looking guild cottage or player house every 2 months
Winners get a "Miniature real life model of a famous character/mob from the game, 8” high"

People will spend many monies competing for these things

Zoraidal
January 2nd, 2015, 04:26 AM
iirc there was 'some' customization with the guilds already. The guild would need to be upgraded by members but once upgraded there were special NPCs and decorations. You could also add rooms that you could port into. I know they weren't the greatest but it was there and my guild utilized the NPC's and various upgrades.

I would be nice to have additional features like someone mentioned previously (being able to pick wall/floor colors etc.) but not having it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me. ^.^

Phillippus
January 2nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
It's ironic to say that a housing system would be pointless in a social game.... Kinda like saying that a ranking system would be pointless for a pvp game.

Kitababie
January 2nd, 2015, 08:31 PM
It's ironic to say that a housing system would be pointless in a social game.... Kinda like saying that a ranking system would be pointless for a pvp game.

Ironic maybe, but true.

Dyyn
January 2nd, 2015, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, you know what sounds like fun? Pointlessly discussing features that will never be added to the game.

Carecrow
January 2nd, 2015, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, you know what sounds like fun? Pointlessly discussing features that will never be added to the game.

Self-autoloot.

Thoughts??

Dyyn
January 2nd, 2015, 09:51 PM
Self-autoloot.

Thoughts??

I think they're adding that in the same patch that balances the physical/caster split

TheRealTangerine
January 3rd, 2015, 07:30 AM
I think they're adding that in the same patch that balances the physical/caster split

I get it ..:P