PDA

View Full Version : Party types

HippieGoddess
January 2nd, 2015, 01:48 PM
What's your favorite party type in DoMO and why?
What tips would you give to new players related to partying?

HippieGoddess
January 2nd, 2015, 01:50 PM
My favorite is duo, because It's easy and I can just snatch my friend up and go. I also do like AOE parties when I'm not busy.

DOMOAKFrost
January 2nd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Communist

http://i61.tinypic.com/29xavmh.jpg

DeikaBabe
January 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
I preferAoE parties. Gives you more of a cushion(?) for mistakes and WAY more EXP.
Advice - make sure your party members know their jobs before heading to those VIP spots.

Livipo
January 2nd, 2015, 02:04 PM
Do I have to choose ONE? I don't even..

AOE-parties are good and all, but I really like the freedom of not needing one xD So I like parties in all shapes and sizes.. It's all about the people you know :P
But if you find a good party, with good people.. you are golden ;) And you learn a LOT :D

Carecrow
January 2nd, 2015, 02:18 PM
What's your favorite party type in DoMO and why?

Solo. More efficient.

What tips would you give to new players related to partying?

Don't.

ChocolateMinT
January 2nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
Solo. More efficient.

Don't.

Boy, I should learn how to solo. No one wants me in parties because I'm a Thief. And I didn't know there were different kinds of parties o_o. All of the parties i been in were AoE and mobbing. ):

NotHereCantDelete
January 2nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
I prefer a reliable duo or trio, with my timezone I have to solo fairly often anyway so it's nice to just team with a couple of people who know what they're doing. In a normal doc/muse/puller/merc/aoe etc team there's a way higher chance of there being an idiot, ie a puller who thinks the team can take ALL THE CASKS or a muse who keeps afking...
Eh that's just my experiences anyway, I'm sure some people have had much better times :p

Kitababie
January 2nd, 2015, 06:03 PM
a muse who keeps afking...
That's why I kick afkers if they're gone more than 10minutes. LOL I'm rude in that sense, but meh whatever. I despise leechers~

Advice for players: If you know you're going to be busy, don't join a team <_<; I don't care if you were waiting for 3 hours. It's not fair to your potential team members for you to be AFKing/leeching. {RL situations do happen and are understandable, but random acts of afk because you're lazy or got busy are rude and really piss players off... COUGHlikemeCOUGH}

Oh and to answer the post question: I like AoE parties mainly but later on duos for 50+.

Amaiha
January 2nd, 2015, 06:25 PM
Boy, I should learn how to solo. No one wants me in parties because I'm a Thief. And I didn't know there were different kinds of parties o_o. All of the parties i been in were AoE and mobbing. ):

Really ? I was a thief and I had no problem finding parties. I would pull I guess people didn't really like that job but I think it was the easiest and most fun for me anyways.

TrippyLogic
January 2nd, 2015, 06:43 PM
I love AoE parties. And I loved being a dancer. But DOMO is the kind of game where you can change job and role so you can do everything :D

Z0mb3h
January 2nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
I enjoyed large 'aoe' parties.. if I'm using the term right. Full teams, tank; doc, muse, two aoes and puller. I liked how much faster exp was and it was usually fun. I met a lot of people that way, made friends and in general had a good time. Of course you'd get those really rude people once in awhile or those that were clueless. The clueless people you'd try to help, but the rude ones- just boot 'em.

My advice to newbies? Be friendly or atleast not rude. No ones wants to party with a know-it-all or any unruly people. xD Be versatile I suppose too, you'll get more teams that way.

NARAPIDANA
January 3rd, 2015, 12:14 AM
any party, because in party we can very easy to kill monster.
the most party is aoe party. because earn much exp XD

Kirbychu
January 3rd, 2015, 03:34 AM
My favorite parties are of course aoe parties :D they are super fun and you can meet tons of cool people that way. Though duoing is fun too (soloing is never "fun" to me, but sometimes necessary).

My advice to new players when it comes to teaming: since afk-leeching, knowing your jobs, and being nice has been mentioned already, I'll say use a team exp ring if possible (if you can afford it). This increases the exp for the whole party and people will LOVE you for it!

MinatoU
January 3rd, 2015, 03:43 AM
Autoloot Parties

LittleRose
January 3rd, 2015, 06:17 AM
For new comers: ALWAYS be in a party, be it solo or with a team killing things.
In Gametribes domo you could often see in your friends list someone looking for a party just for the autoloot function parties have.

TheRealTangerine
January 3rd, 2015, 07:29 AM
For new comers: ALWAYS be in a party, be it solo or with a team killing things.
In Gametribes domo you could often see in your friends list someone looking for a party just for the autoloot function parties have.

Soloing bores me in Domo...

So full Aoe group, full none aoe group, duo, trio ...dun care as long as I'm not by myself and even autoloot is fine too ...can chat to someone at least.

Aidyl
January 3rd, 2015, 02:02 PM
If I had to choose my favorite way to party? Definitely a full party. Tank, muse, doc, puller, and two dps. Of course it's not the most convenient way to party... but I always had the most fun.

Full party, then duo, then solo. I've never tried a solid trio before.

Even though I dislike soloing, it is definitely the most convenient... So I'll probably end up doing that often, especially when I'm busy.

Matchamatsu
January 3rd, 2015, 05:07 PM
If docs are docing, muses are musing, aoes are aoeing, pullers are pulling and tanks are tanking...and no one afks for long periods..party all the way!

ArdenLyn
January 3rd, 2015, 05:38 PM
I don't really have a favorite, but I do know I had the most fun doing Dragon's Den and Mount Babel Duos and trios. I also didn't mind grouping up in full leveling parties from Cask and upwards just to level up a new job. Was always a treat sitting back and watching how..."interesting" the party chat could be. Foggy was usually the craziest since it had less room for error and when the party wiped, oh man people can be "colorful".

Gambachi
January 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
I was mostly a solo'r but the best party imo is one with easy going fun people in it no matter the job (well maybe a doc needed lol), but I have seen parties make people quit they were that harsh to a them just because they made a mistake. That is not cool at all imo.
I hope everyone here will do something if they see anyone being bullied like that.

Shirayuri
January 3rd, 2015, 09:27 PM
I mostly prefer to solo. Some might say that defeats the purpose of an MMO, but I had a great guild in Aeria DoMo, and I often formed auto-loot parties, so I could still interact with other players while grinding in my own way. That being said, I knew certain people who were fun to duo or casual party with.

I found AOE parties kind of meh... Took too long to form, and ran into a lot of individuals that were not too great to party with. (AFK, didn't do their jobs, complained about stupid things, etc.) I eventually just quit joining them unless directly asked by people I actually knew.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:15 AM
I found AOE parties kind of meh... Took too long to form, and ran into a lot of individuals that were not too great to party with.

Yeah that's the only downfall to AoE parties: they can take a looooonnnng time to form. Q~Q
I just don't have the attention span to play Solo.... 8D

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:25 AM
I was mostly a solo'r but the best party imo is one with easy going fun people in it no matter the job (well maybe a doc needed lol), but I have seen parties make people quit they were that harsh to a them just because they made a mistake. That is not cool at all imo.
I hope everyone here will do something if they see anyone being bullied like that.

:c I saw this situation mainly in Foggy (because we had VIP and by then you really should know your job...)

In lower levels, I actually take time and help explain the person job if they're confused. But there was this one time... e.e
After all of the party members and I had repetitively told the person what skills to use, he continued to ignore us. Which I then considered leeching and kicked 'em. :9

But yeah... LOL The harshness depends on level. For lower levels -- Don't be shy~ ASK your job responsibilities if you're not sure. People are generally happy to help or explain things in this game. For other levels, you really should know your job by 30+ (By then, you've had the possibility to play your job through 3 dungeons.), but again, if there's confusion - ASK. :3

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 12:29 AM
AoE parties were the best back when people actually did them. Near the end there were like no AoE parties though x.x

My favorite part about domo was making a lot of friends in AoE parties and Arena.

-Kusemono

Gambachi
January 4th, 2015, 11:00 AM
:c I saw this situation mainly in Foggy (because we had VIP and by then you really should know your job...)

In lower levels, I actually take time and help explain the person job if they're confused. But there was this one time... e.e
After all of the party members and I had repetitively told the person what skills to use, he continued to ignore us. Which I then considered leeching and kicked 'em. :9

But yeah... LOL The harshness depends on level. For lower levels -- Don't be shy~ ASK your job responsibilities if you're not sure. People are generally happy to help or explain things in this game. For other levels, you really should know your job by 30+ (By then, you've had the possibility to play your job through 3 dungeons.), but again, if there's confusion - ASK. :3

I know in some places you need to know your stuff and yeah, if you do a Leeroy Jenkins into a planned raid you should expect to take some heat. When it becomes bullying though, it ain't on. Saw a really bad experience of it Aeria and don't want to see that again.

And I don't mean just kicked from party or guild, they were being told to GTFO Domo and very nearly left because of it. There is no need for that level of harness at all.

Dahjung
January 4th, 2015, 06:02 PM

I really do agree with your advice~ I remembered I was hooked into the game when someone explained to me what skills/build to use when I first started DOMO.

My advice if one is a tank for a foggy team: Always, always, always bring multiple sets of armor. General advice: AFK at foggy VIP at your own risk. Have fun and don't be shy talking to the team. That's where you can make great friends c:

Matchamatsu
January 5th, 2015, 12:50 AM
I can tolerate people not knowing their role in a team. It's laziness that annoys me. Especially when they know you have a badge going. It doesn't really require much effort to party lvl in DOMO...aside from pulling. But I've seen muses afk randomly a lot and it's like....REALLY? e.e
I'll usually kick a player if I notice they've been inactive for after 5-10 mins in case they've just afked for w.e reason and expect to leech from team for an hour. If they have a legit reason like inet problems then they can just ask for a readd when they come back.

It's not right to bully innocent people but on a game like this it's gonna happen a lot. I mean it's easy to talk tough on the internet so..you just have to ignore idiotic people. There are a lot of nice players so just stick with them.

Gambachi
January 5th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Haha an afk muse ><. I ran a muse/doc for a while. Afk'ing was certainly not an option with that setup. I remember once in Neptune temple. The MP was so tight, but just about managed to time it so everyone was buffed and healed. Had been there for hours and my fingers were red raw by the end of it lol. That was a very cool party, tense but cool.

Bladders should not exist for some jobs.

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I know in some places you need to know your stuff and yeah, if you do a Leeroy Jenkins into a planned raid you should expect to take some heat. When it becomes bullying though, it ain't on. Saw a really bad experience of it Aeria and don't want to see that again.

And I don't mean just kicked from party or guild, they were being told to GTFO Domo and very nearly left because of it. There is no need for that level of harness at all.
Yeah that's just rude. The most I've ever seen is someone kicked outta the team because they were hopelessly lost. That's sad though Q-Q

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Bladders should not exist for some jobs.
LOOOL I'm like that with every job. Especially because Imma skill spammer on my AoE jobs (yey hp necks! hehe).

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 11:00 PM
My advice if one is a tank for a foggy team: Always, always, always bring multiple sets of armor. General advice: AFK at foggy VIP at your own risk. Have fun and don't be shy talking to the team. That's where you can make great friends c:

YES! Lol I nearly forgot that - it's been so long Q~Q. I always had at least 2-3 sets for most dungeons (like Nept +). But if you get Foggy VIP, toolboxes and like 5 sets of armor would be a fabulous idear. :9

Kusemono1
January 6th, 2015, 12:30 AM
YES! Lol I nearly forgot that - it's been so long Q~Q. I always had at least 2-3 sets for most dungeons (like Nept +). But if you get Foggy VIP, toolboxes and like 5 sets of armor would be a fabulous idear. :9

I never understood the appeal of foggy VIP. I always found that three way gave much better exp if you had a good puller and tank. Ate through armor like a ***** though. Just make friends with a good alchemist and you'll be fineee.

Kitababie
January 6th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I never understood the appeal of foggy VIP. I always found that three way gave much better exp if you had a good puller and tank. Ate through armor like a ***** though. Just make friends with a good alchemist and you'll be fineee.

I've heard that VIP is less confusing for people since you have that entire area to grind in. You also don't have to worry about people coming in and taking portions of your area - like if you're at three-way and someone decides to be greedy with two-way. Also, I find VIP has a safer spot to level pets.

Kusemono1
January 6th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I've heard that VIP is less confusing for people since you have that entire area to grind in. You also don't have to worry about people coming in and taking portions of your area - like if you're at three-way and someone decides to be greedy with two-way. Also, I find VIP has a safer spot to level pets.

Ah, well from my experience three way's exp was just so much better that I never used VIP that much. And 2 way.... 2 way is just terrible.

Kitababie
January 6th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Ah, well from my experience three way's exp was just so much better that I never used VIP that much. And 2 way.... 2 way is just terrible.

xD yeah 2 way was bad. But lake spot was a joke Q_Q (only good for spying on VIP and 3way XD)

Kusemono1
January 6th, 2015, 04:31 PM
xD yeah 2 way was bad. But lake spot was a joke Q_Q (only good for spying on VIP and 3way XD)

too many memories. I remember i pulled 2 way into 3 way to see how much i could pull with run amok.... we wiped.

DOMOAKFrost
January 6th, 2015, 04:39 PM
too many memories. I remember i pulled 2 way into 3 way to see how much i could pull with run amok.... we wiped.

the correct solution is obviously pull all spots to teleporter and aoe for twice the exp like I did.

GameGrave
January 7th, 2015, 03:01 PM
i have only solo'd leveling fencer until i was able to get my first few aoe skills....thank you cask team that allowed me to stay and level with you *bows and prays for their good health*

Gambachi
January 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
i have only solo'd leveling fencer until i was able to get my first few aoe skills....thank you cask team that allowed me to stay and level with you *bows and prays for their good health*

Casks are a good way to meet people. Tense though at times lol

GameGrave
January 8th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Casks are a good way to meet people. Tense though at times lol

it does get tense, i felt bad the most i could do was attack one thing at a time though

Gambachi
January 8th, 2015, 06:20 PM
it does get tense, i felt bad the most i could do was attack one thing at a time though

That and getting lost down there lol. The hardest thing with that I found was that the area was so tight and full of mobs, if you found yourself in trouble and were in too deep, you were pretty much dead. Its funny (when its not happening to you :evil:), seeing a bunch of people trying to escape that place in a last man standing mad dash retreat.. hehehe.

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 08:59 PM
That and getting lost down there lol. The hardest thing with that I found was that the area was so tight and full of mobs, if you found yourself in trouble and were in too deep, you were pretty much dead. Its funny (when its not happening to you :evil:), seeing a bunch of people trying to escape that place in a last man standing mad dash retreat.. hehehe.

Grotto was the most bull**** thing to get to, it was a goddamned maze. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out which way to go in grotto. Ended up just buying a crap ton of pteles during that lvling period.

Kitababie
January 8th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Grotto was the most bull**** thing to get to, it was a goddamned maze. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out which way to go in grotto. Ended up just buying a crap ton of pteles during that lvling period.
Welp ... for this time around... Behold: Pandora's Grotto.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/domo/images/4/4f/Pandora%27s_Grotto.png/revision/latest?cb=20090603025136&path-prefix=en

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Grotto is cake, cc2 is a maze :(

DOMOAKFrost
January 9th, 2015, 12:09 AM

I actually went into CC2 enough to have the whole place memorized. Raging Rats "VIP" was all mine.

Kusemono1
January 9th, 2015, 01:01 AM

I'm just bad at mazes in general. Once went around in circles in tgt for 30 minutes even though i went there like every day and the map is easy. Casks wasnt a maze, there were just a lot of mobs so low levels had a bit of trouble.

Oh and thanks kita, i'll make sure to reference it when i get to lvl 35 :D

Kitababie
January 9th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I'm just bad at mazes in general. Once went around in circles in tgt for 30 minutes even though i went there like every day and the map is easy. Casks wasnt a maze, there were just a lot of mobs so low levels had a bit of trouble.

<3 Hehehe No worries. And I remember getting lost in the Well cause it has freaking circles... e.e

Matchamatsu
January 9th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I actually went into CC2 enough to have the whole place memorized. Raging Rats "VIP" was all mine.

Yeah cc2 took the longest for me to memorize and maybe tgt as well. What do you lvl on with those rats? lol wizard?

tgt is a confusing map. Maybe the spider part of ffc too.

DOMOAKFrost
January 9th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Yeah cc2 took the longest for me to memorize and maybe tgt as well. What do you lvl on with those rats? lol wizard?

tgt is a confusing map. Maybe the spider part of ffc too.

everything. They just died too fast and doesn't spawn fast enough for a full team, but plenty good for solo/duos.

Amaiha
January 9th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Lol really ? I never memorized grotto I always had to follow someone or teleport to a teammate.

Miradora
January 9th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I think the spider part of ffc is the only one I was never able to memorize, everything looks the same. I never really bothered to though, because I usually found where I was going to without much problem anyways.