PDA

View Full Version : Domo download question

ArabPikachu
January 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
We are getting closer to the release of closed beta, and had a few questions:

1. Will suba allow us to download the game before they up the servers ; as you may know some people have slow computers and may take longer to download. If they allow us to dowoad the game beforehand, everyone has the equal opportunity to claim their name and log in at the same time.

2. Once you select a name in closed beta, will you keep that name and character in open beta?

3. Must you be active in closed beta? For example lets say you make a character, claim your name, and log out and wait for open beta.

4. Does domo run on Mac?

DOMOAKFrost
January 2nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
When macs get 50% market share in Taiwan, maybe theyll consider it.

Kitababie
January 2nd, 2015, 06:33 PM
We are getting closer to the release of closed beta, and had a few questions:

1. Will suba allow us to download the game before they up the servers ; as you may know some people have slow computers and may take longer to download. If they allow us to dowoad the game beforehand, everyone has the equal opportunity to claim their name and log in at the same time.

2. Once you select a name in closed beta, will you keep that name and character in open beta?

3. Must you be active in closed beta? For example lets say you make a character, claim your name, and log out and wait for open beta.

4. Does domo run on Mac?

Based on nearly all other MMO's...
1 - No.
2 - Wishful thinking.
3 - If 2 is a no then the only point in being active is to claim CB rewards.
4 - As long as it has the system requirements, I don't see why it wouldn't. (Yet again, I hate Macs and never use 'em LOL.)

TrippyLogic
January 2nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
2. Usually how it works is like this: When closed beta ends everything will be wiped, that includes character names.

3. Beta is for finding bugs and reporting them so they can be fixed. Nothing you do in closed beta will carry over to open beta/live game because you are supposed to find bugs and abuse them to their full extend and then report it so nobody does it in the live game.

Kitababie
January 2nd, 2015, 06:40 PM
you are supposed to find bugs and abuse them to their full extend and then report it so nobody does it in the live game.

LOL! Abuse them. xD

DOMOAKFrost
January 2nd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Based on nearly all other MMO's...
1 - No.
2 - Wishful thinking.
3 - If 2 is a no then the only point in being active is to claim CB rewards.
4 - As long as it has the system requirements, I don't see why it wouldn't. (Yet again, I hate Macs and never use 'em LOL.)

porting to MacOS is a huge undertaking, most companies don't bother.

Ironically, Microsoft is one of the few that do, since they have the money and want the market share.

Oxycore
January 2nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
It's just closed beta. Everything is going to be wiped. If someone takes the name you wanted in closed beta, then try again in open beta.

There's probably going to be a token closed beta reward, but it won't be anything gamebreaking.

DOMO also probably won't be ported to MacOS.

Amaiha
January 2nd, 2015, 10:29 PM
I think it would be better if we just download it when it comes out and not before hand because people with slow computers. If we all have it downloaded and ready to go right when the game can actually be played there could be a lot of crashes and lags.

NARAPIDANA
January 3rd, 2015, 12:34 AM
1. I hope so, :D
2. yes, if no one take my nickname XD
3. Yes, to warm up before play on open beta

AndreaY
January 3rd, 2015, 06:04 AM
1. Will suba allow us to download the game before they up the servers...
Most likely yes, but will be an interesting experiment make the download client link available after opening the server, that will ease a lot the login hammering, imho.

Most likely. If taken, I will choose another.

3. Must you be active in closed beta?
Will try to help with reporting any oddities still left in the game.

For example lets say you make a character, claim your name, and log out and wait for open beta.
That will be useless, closed beta will be totally wiped and names will be freed again.

4. Does domo run on Mac?
Yes, check here (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=73914&p=744665#post744665)

Kitababie
January 3rd, 2015, 12:03 PM
2- Most likely.

3- That will be useless, closed beta will be totally wiped and names will be freed again.

You totally contradicted yourself... LOL!

AndreaY
January 3rd, 2015, 04:24 PM
You totally contradicted yourself... LOL!

There is no contradiction anywhere.

It is that you just omitted part of my context in order to make your point.

I'll invite you to quote all my paragraph instead of only parts of it, that is a game well known on information management: get a phrase, cut the starting context, or the words said at the end, or put that in a different context on which it was said, and you make people appears to say different things than they really did.

But I've some time to kill, and I like explain to everyone what you have done!

Lets start with the real context of my post:
---

Most likely. If taken, I will choose another.

For example lets say you make a character, claim your name, and log out and wait for open beta.
That will be useless, closed beta will be totally wiped and names will be freed again.
---

As you can see, the first answer takes account there will be a wipe, both sentences put together. If name taken in open beta, I have to choose another name, different than the one I used in closed beta. Everything makes sense.

So now it comes your intervention:
Lets remove the second part of my first answer, and "Most likely. If taken, I will choose another." will become "Most likely."

And this will kills the sense. How can I be sure to keep a name, if that will be wiped? The answer to this question has just been wiped out and your point became now valid.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:11 AM
There is no contradiction anywhere.

Lol. He wasn't asking if people were GOING to keep their CBT name in OBT. He wanted to know if they COULD keep it. So the contradiction was there.

Oxycore
January 4th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Yes, check here (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=73914&p=744665#post744665)

Right, so it isn't ported to MacOS.

TheRealTangerine
January 5th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Right, so it isn't ported to MacOS.

You gots to add it to your, "Hey Softstarrrr" list.

Along with, updated resolution and such client. Thanks boo