PDA

View Full Version : Are you participating in Closed Beta?

ArabPikachu
January 2nd, 2015, 07:44 PM
Are you participating in closed beta?

Carecrow
January 2nd, 2015, 07:45 PM
We don't know until we get keys

TohomaRouma
January 2nd, 2015, 07:59 PM
I would love to.

DOMOAKFrost
January 2nd, 2015, 08:17 PM
nyet

ShadowKnightZero
January 2nd, 2015, 10:14 PM
that would be awesome

Kirbychu
January 2nd, 2015, 11:19 PM
We don't know until we get keys

This is true of course, though I'm hoping Suba doesn't make it super impossible for us to get keys. I've seen some closed betas where anyone can get in (like some of Aeria's CB's), and likewise I've seen others where even if you had applied for a beta key before they even announced much about the game, you wouldn't get one until they started doing stress tests right before launch (Wildstar is really the only one this has happened to me to, but it was really annoying). I would hope they keep the closed beta for DOMO pretty much open to everyone. What sucks about beta testing though, is most people don't actually TEST the game, but rather use that time as a sort of "demo version" to see if they actually want to play the game (which is not what closed betas are for).

I for one will definitely be testing the game for bugs (if I get a closed beta key). Those of us who have played the game before extensively know how the game is supposed to work so we would probably be better at identifying the bugs (if there are any). That's not to say I don't think there should be completely new people testing, because I think that is a good idea too, but us veteran players are going to be appreciated in the testing process I'm sure.

NARAPIDANA
January 3rd, 2015, 12:05 AM
i will, if i get the key to download and play DoMO

LadyOkamia
January 3rd, 2015, 03:04 AM
I highly doubt people are just going to sit there with a key and not play it.

Usually you have your players that want to test the game and then you have your players who are looking to gain fame and get recognized right off the bat. Or the people who will only test to obtain the CBT rewards. Because usually the companies have a couple of events where the prizes are given to you in OBT.

Now I will be testing and here are my reasons ^^! I always like to join a game as early as possible to make friends and to have an equal start in lvling etc. I also love to test various things in the game. I almost never really come a crossed a bug and when I do someone has already reported it. But I try to do what I can for the community ^^

TrippyLogic
January 3rd, 2015, 04:32 AM
I'll play if I get an invitation.
And I expect Suba to at the very least invite everyone who posted in the thread to revive DOMO.

Carecrow
January 3rd, 2015, 04:35 AM
I'll play if I get an invitation.
And I expect Suba to at the very least invite everyone who posted in the thread to revive DOMO.

They don't seem to do closed betas by invitation.

AndreaY
January 3rd, 2015, 05:38 AM
As long as this is a rhetorical question, voted No just to see how many people had the fun to say that! :-)

Quite difficult someone being here and then not playing the game, isn't it? :XD:

Carecrow
January 3rd, 2015, 05:44 AM
As long as this is a rhetorical question, voted No just to see how many people had the fun to say that! :-)

Quite difficult someone being here and then not playing the game, isn't it? :XD:

I know a few people that will opt not to play closed beta because of the character wipe, and just wait for open beta.

AndreaY
January 3rd, 2015, 05:53 AM
I know a few people that will opt not to play closed beta because of the character wipe, and just wait for open beta.
Will be interesting know how many of them, really never loggin in there. But yes, this is a question we cannot know the answer, quite a riddle.

MuinXhan1
January 3rd, 2015, 06:49 AM
aye I will be, if they give keys; and hopefully my head set gets back in time and I'll be streaming to give it more.....what's the word publicity?

TheRealTangerine
January 3rd, 2015, 07:28 AM
Hopefully I'll get in, but playing depends on whether or not there are incentives to play CB...otherwise I'd just try it to see how it runs on this computer...

NotHereCantDelete
January 3rd, 2015, 08:33 AM
I'll definitely be in CB, it'll be nice to refresh my memory on some things anyway, and maybe help me 100% decide on what my build will be in OB and onwards.

Ranashadow4U46j
January 3rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
i would do closed beta if Im picked

HippieGoddess
January 3rd, 2015, 09:13 AM
I'd love to be in CB for various different reasons. I'm very observant so I believe that could help with finding bugs, and I'd love to have the experience of finding and looking for them as I've never done it before. I also am in a slight rush to hurry up and play this game, but when work has to be done it's better to just focus on the task at hand than goofing off

MinatoU
January 3rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
"Participating" is a strong word, I'll just be sitting in Eversun chatting

Kitababie
January 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM
Well not only do I have to show my referrals around to the game (gotta get them hooked for OBT :3), but I also wanted to test out thief and hunter a little bit more with builds and skills (as soloers). Never really played them aside from being the pty's puller.

Gambachi
January 3rd, 2015, 04:47 PM
Keys will be given out on partner sites on a first come bases so it is not about getting invited but about getting a key before they are all gone.

Matchamatsu
January 3rd, 2015, 05:11 PM
I'll def log in to see who's around.

ArdenLyn
January 3rd, 2015, 05:24 PM
I plan on jumping on the closed beta if I'm lucky enough to get a key. Aside from bug hunting (stairs), it'll be nice to refresh my memory of the game since I know I'm rusty and deciding on what class I'll want to level first when open beta comes around. Most likely going Mercenary, everyone needs a tank!

Kirbychu
January 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Keys will be given out on partner sites on a first come bases so it is not about getting invited but about getting a key before they are all gone.

Hopefully they give these partner sites enough keys...I don't know about everyone else, but I have a life outside of waiting impatiently for this game to come out, so I may not see the announcement of the beta key sites for an hour or more after they release them - which could very well make me miss out on getting a key entirely if there aren't an appropriate amount available to begin with.

Hopefully Suba sees how popular this game is and makes sure that they prepare accordingly for the CB test. Also hopefully they are planning on giving out the Closed Beta Flag back costume as a reward for those of us who do end up participating...I want my flag back lol

Gambachi
January 3rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
Hopefully they give these partner sites enough keys...I don't know about everyone else, but I have a life outside of waiting impatiently for this game to come out, so I may not see the announcement of the beta key sites for an hour or more after they release them - which could very well make me miss out on getting a key entirely if there aren't an appropriate amount available to begin with.

Hopefully Suba sees how popular this game is and makes sure that they prepare accordingly for the CB test. Also hopefully they are planning on giving out the Closed Beta Flag back costume as a reward for those of us who do end up participating...I want my flag back lol

They did for Lucent hearts apparently so not sure too much need to worry. Might be worth signing up for the partner sites that will be hosting them now though rather than on the day just in case.
If you want to know which partner sites will be hosting them, Google search 'lucent heart beta key giveaway'. The same sites should be the ones giving out the Domo keys.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:54 AM
If you want to know which partner sites will be hosting them, Google search 'lucent heart beta key giveaway'. The same sites should be the ones giving out the Domo keys.

I hope you're right. Lol... I was about to ask which sites are going to be partnered, so thanks :9

Mayluna
January 4th, 2015, 01:15 AM
If I get a key, god yes! If my friends and I get to play closed beta, we will have so much fun and find so many bugs to weed out. Hehehe, all the shenanigans, all the nostalgia, all the fun!

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 01:19 AM
The only bug I want to use again, is the infamous ~[ bug. If i could use that one more time... lol. But they probably wont have that one in there.

ALSO GUYS. DON'T LET SUBAGAMES KNOW ABOUT THE FENCER PET GLITCH. That one is sacred.

Vanland
January 4th, 2015, 05:32 AM
If I get a key I'll be sure to drop by. I'll use it to chat a bit and re-familiarize myself with the game.

But saving the all-out levelling/active playing for Open Beta.

Gambachi
January 4th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Please Please in Beta. Nobody report the neighing ducks. :P

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 04:12 PM
The only bug I want to use again, is the infamous ~[ bug. If i could use that one more time... lol. But they probably wont have that one in there.

ALSO GUYS. DON'T LET SUBAGAMES KNOW ABOUT THE FENCER PET GLITCH. That one is sacred.

SS won't bother fixing it, don't worry.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 06:55 PM
SS won't bother fixing it, don't worry.

Thanks for the reassurance man. Btw, what was the magic number for CD reduction again? Want to know before i start playing again.

Amaiha
January 4th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I just had a question. Did you have to sign up for closed beta ?

Gambachi
January 4th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I just had a question. Did you have to sign up for closed beta ?

The keys will be hosted on partner sites when it is announced and given out to anyone whilst they are available.

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reassurance man. Btw, what was the magic number for CD reduction again? Want to know before i start playing again.

Amaiha
January 4th, 2015, 08:33 PM
The keys will be hosted on partner sites when it is announced and given out to anyone whilst they are available.

Sorry I've never participated in betas. Will they give out the sites ahead of time so we can sign up and be ready for when they give the keys out ?

Ganreth
January 5th, 2015, 04:27 AM
I would love to participate in the closed beta, i'm a returning player too, my name was Ganreth :D

LittleRose
January 5th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Sorry I've never participated in betas. Will they give out the sites ahead of time so we can sign up and be ready for when they give the keys out ?

What will happpen is if they announce the closed beta they will tell you how things are going to work. Apparently suba uses keys that you can find on other websites.
You grab a key (random letter/number combo) and then you have to put it in some part of suba's website (link will be provided on the partner site as well mostly).
Once done that you are signed up for closed beta and can log into the game once its opened.

Gambachi
January 5th, 2015, 06:28 AM

No idea sorry but if you do a google search of 'Lucent Heart beta key giveaway', You can see the partner sites that hosted the keys for that at the time. Can't say for definite if the same partner sites will be uses for the Domo beta key's but it might be worth taking note and having them handy just incase.

GameGrave
January 7th, 2015, 03:31 AM
I would most definately play if I got a key. I kinda wish when we donated to the kickstarter we'd have been guaranteed keys....

LadyOkamia
January 7th, 2015, 04:57 AM
I feel like saying this: Nah I am just going to sit here with my key staring at the screen and not play Domo GG.

neo007dm
January 7th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I'll try to participate in CB, been checking everyday.

Kitababie
January 8th, 2015, 04:11 PM
I guess I'll try LH while I'm waiting for DoMO's CBT QQ

Icywind1980
January 8th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Damn skippy I will! :XD:

Whitewalker
January 17th, 2015, 06:23 PM
If i participate in CB i will most likely just idle.

Marquise96
January 17th, 2015, 08:01 PM
i hope we can all gets into cb but it might not be possible

HiryuRhys
January 17th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Not sure if poll is troll question or just stupid question by nature.

Gambachi
January 18th, 2015, 07:43 AM

How to make friends and influence people with your first post right there. :awsum:

There are many reasons why people may not choose to participate in the closed beta. 82 people on the forum felt it worthy enough to answer it.

HiryuRhys
January 18th, 2015, 12:50 PM
How to make friends and influence people with your first post right there. :awsum:

There are many reasons why people may not choose to participate in the closed beta. 82 people on the forum felt it worthy enough to answer it.

Yes, and if the same 82 people jumped off a bridge would that validate that action as a good thing to do and follow suit? :-)

Cleftobismal
January 19th, 2015, 12:53 AM
You would think everyone would wanna play Closed Betas after SAO happened but newp.

When we all get stuck in D.O.M.O. I'll gladly be a beater. :>

Vanland
January 19th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I am inclined to play, but there are also chances I might not be doing so after all. Too busy, not feeling like it, not liking the idea of having to start over -yet- after CB, etc.

Do I want to participate in CB? I think so, yes. Will I be participating? That is something that I can't answer until it gets here as I have no idea how my schedule/mood will be when it hits, if you need to obtain a key to participate and if I can manage to obtain such a key, etc.

So in that light, yes, your post does make sense.
I ended up not voting in the poll as there, strictly speaking, is no way to pick an answer now.