PDA

View Full Version : Why I think the other DOMO died.

Kusemono1
January 3rd, 2015, 11:07 PM
I just found out about this and as someone who saw everything bad happen in DOMO, I hope subagames will listen.

1. Christmas patch sucks. It wipes inventories and causes glitches every goddamned year. I don't even understand how, i would think they would use different patches every year. But every time they did it new glitches popped up.

2. The little menu that lets you sign up for a party or look for people to party with needs to stay the same as it was in the beginning, not the second version.

I can promise you that the change in that was a huge setback for DOMO on aeria. The newer version was NEVER used. It became near impossible for a new player to find AoE parties.

It's a sad day when there hasn't been a team hogging the best spot in foggy for 2 days straight.

3. Evasion in PvP made pvp not fun, everyone stopped PvPing after that. Terrible thing.

4. Also I think it'd be healthy if you made the thieves in the dragon place doable by AoE parties. But meh, this doesnt really matter.

5. And finally! When I join please gimme my calculator back! x.x

- Kusemono
Onyx
Sylph
Merchant

Carecrow
January 3rd, 2015, 11:19 PM
What do you mean by evasion (magic evasion?) in PvP? Are you saying you want every skill to be a guaranteed hit, since there is no manual aiming or dodging in DoMO?

LNova
January 3rd, 2015, 11:24 PM
Everyone stopped pvping cause they got rekt, evasion had nothing to do with it. Also you obviously never pvped LOL, the most annoying thing in PVP was probably purify.

Also the indos would hog foggy wkwkwkwk. Why are people expecting so much from such an old game, things wont change LOL Softstar gives no ****s.<-- not implying you're asking for change, my own personal rant.

Kusemono1
January 3rd, 2015, 11:28 PM
Nah it's not that part, meva was good. However, near the end of DOMO there was a way to make your meva just absolutely ridiculous. PvP was already pretty dead, but i remember at this point the number of non-indo pvpers dropped dramatically.

Also, LNova, i'm guessing you played on sapph because near the end of domo in Onyx, nobody was in any AoE places, not grotto, foggy, casks, pt, nowhere.

And Purify wasn't annoying at all, i spent most of my DOMO life pvping. I mean nobody even used purify. DOMO pvp was nothing but BM sub Fence vs MA sub fence.

-Kusemono

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:06 AM
I just found out about this and as someone who saw everything bad happen in DOMO, I hope subagames will listen.

1. Christmas patch sucks. It wipes inventories and causes glitches every goddamned year. I don't even understand how, i would think they would use different patches every year. But every time they did it new glitches popped up.

2. The little menu that lets you sign up for a party or look for people to party with needs to stay the same as it was in the beginning, not the second version.

Meh. I don't remember 1 or 2... my memory sucks.. Screenies of the two lfp menus? 8D And maybe there were no AoE ptys because most of the players capped outta the AoE areas and were busy in DD/MB... Which brings me to my next point, the reason why DoMO died was because of Softstar refusing to renew their contract (and AG's lack of attention). There also weren't enough updates. If AG was at least somewhat close to IC's updates, they might have survived like IC DoMO.
Also, not very many people I know played in the Arena/PvP at any point in my DoMO career. So I'm ignorant to your PvP topic. Do you mean there were skills that increased evasion to like 100% (anything over 60% I could see as annoying... but if it's like a 20% increase -- suck it up LOL).

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Meh. I don't remember 1 or 2... my memory sucks.. Screenies of the two lfp menus? 8D And maybe there were no AoE ptys because most of the players capped outta the AoE areas and were busy in DD/MB... Which brings me to my next point, the reason why DoMO died was because of Softstar refusing to renew their contract (and AG's lack of attention). There also weren't enough updates. If AG was at least somewhat close to IC's updates, they might have survived like IC DoMO.
Also, not very many people I know played in the Arena/PvP at any point in my DoMO career. So I'm ignorant to your PvP topic. Do you mean there were skills that increased evasion to like 100% (anything over 60% I could see as annoying... but if it's like a 20% increase -- suck it up LOL).

I do not have screenshots of the lfp menus sadly, but just so you can understand. The first one was simply, it displayed your name, level, job, and a little note you can put like "AoE lf foggy".

The second one however, was like a raid thing, where you signed up as a certain role like DPS or tank, but not even that general. It was these weird specific roles that weren't usable for AoE parties.

For your second point. I don't mean why they shut it down. I meant why it started to become a dead game. I don't think any updates other than bugfixes would've saved it tbh. Barely anyone got maxed out anyways so new content didn't matter much. Maybe more cosmetics but that's about it.

And for the PvP point, I will admit i may have been a bit misleading. PvP had already pretty much died by the time this came out but near the end you could enchant/onyx your gear so much that it became near impossible to be hit in PvP. It just isnt fun when MEVA gets that high. Meva was a fun mechanic when you'd miss every once in a while in long fights, but when you have to pay a **** ton of money to get perfect maccu just to hope to damage someone, i'd say that's unhealthy.

And you really didnt remember GMs telling you to ss your inventory before you logged out after every christmas patch if you wanted to keep your items?

EDIT- I just reread your post. The Meva boost was well over 60 percent if you didn't have perfect gloves.

-Kusemono

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:42 AM
I do not have screenshots of the lfp menus sadly, but just so you can understand. The first one was simply, it displayed your name, level, job, and a little note you can put like "AoE lf foggy".

The second one however, was like a raid thing, where you signed up as a certain role like DPS or tank, but not even that general. It was these weird specific roles that weren't usable for AoE parties.

For your second point. I don't mean why they shut it down. I meant why it started to become a dead game. I don't think any updates other than bugfixes would've saved it tbh. Barely anyone got maxed out anyways so new content didn't matter much. Maybe more cosmetics but that's about it.

And for the PvP point, I will admit i may have been a bit misleading. PvP had already pretty much died by the time this came out but near the end you could enchant/onyx your gear so much that it became near impossible to be hit in PvP. It just isnt fun when MEVA gets that high. Meva was a fun mechanic when you'd miss every once in a while in long fights, but when you have to pay a **** ton of money to get perfect maccu just to hope to damage someone, i'd say that's unhealthy.

And you really didnt remember GMs telling you to ss your inventory before you logged out after every christmas patch if you wanted to keep your items?

EDIT- just reread your post. The Meva boost was well over 60 percent if you didn't have perfect gloves.

-Kusemono

lfp menus:
-OOOH right! TBH that didn't bother me really. But I did like the original better. {Originals are always better :9}

Dead:
- Yeah I know, but it started to become dead because of the lack of lower levels -- everyone was stuck in DD/MB. The second LFP menu didn't really hinder many players because they didn't need those dungeons anyway.
- Naah, they could've saved the lower levels by adding a new low level map -- people would've been willing to add a new character just to play around/level on the new map. lol
- Nearly all the people I knew had at least three jobs capped. o: But new maps make people interested because humans are curious creatures... xD Besides, IC DoMO has had lv 75 cap and Sorcerer job for a while now. A new job would definitely have helped the lower population, too. (Although, tbh, I think that job starts at a different level - like higher than lv 10... idk though since we never had it and I don't play IC Q~Q)
- I think the cosmetics were fine. o: There were tons of hair colors to choose from (not that many hairstyles or eye styles but they were at least nice looking {IK some MMO's that have horrible starting hair/eyes until you PAY for cosmetics} - and there of course were all those costumes so no one looked alike unless they tried @-@ ... Now I miss my collection LOL).

PvP:
-Aah. Yeah that sucks LOL. Still, I don't think PvP was that wonderful in DoMO anyway - even before MEva/MAccu fudged up. It was definitely more PvE/social focus game.

xmas patch:
-Nope! I rarely played during Xmas though. 8D

LadyMae
January 4th, 2015, 12:43 AM
The company probably just wasn't making enough money for profits.

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Aeria's DoMO died because they ran the metagame and the economy into the ground.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:47 AM
The company probably just wasn't making enough money for profits.

They actually were. They just got too greedy and decided to put effort into games that would enhance their pockets even more.

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 12:49 AM
They actually were. They just got too greedy and decided to put effort into games that would enhance their pockets even more.

Bad reasoning, here. How dare a company desire to earn more profits?

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Bad reasoning, here. How dare a company desire to earn more profits?

When they're already making enough from the game to keep it alive and then just start denying it much needed attention... yeaaaaah
They changed their focus to new games so they could suck cash outta people. They're greedy. Plain and simple.

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 12:53 AM
When they're already making enough from the game to keep it alive and then just start denying it much needed attention... yeaaaaah
They changed their focus to new games so they could suck cash outta people. They're greedy. Plain and simple.

So they're greedy for wanting to make more money, but you're not greedy for wanting them to host a game just to satisfy you?

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:00 AM
So they're greedy for wanting to make more money, but you're not greedy for wanting them to host a game just to satisfy you?
Um no? I don't consider me spending money and time on a game I want to play as greedy.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 01:01 AM
lfp menus:
-OOOH right! TBH that didn't bother me really. But I did like the original better. {Originals are always better :9}

Dead:
- Yeah I know, but it started to become dead because of the lack of lower levels -- everyone was stuck in DD/MB. The second LFP menu didn't really hinder many players because they didn't need those dungeons anyway.
- Naah, they could've saved the lower levels by adding a new low level map -- people would've been willing to add a new character just to play around/level on the new map. lol
- Nearly all the people I knew had at least three jobs capped. o: But new maps make people interested because humans are curious creatures... xD Besides, IC DoMO has had lv 75 cap and Sorcerer job for a while now. A new job would definitely have helped the lower population, too. (Although, tbh, I think that job starts at a different level - like higher than lv 10... idk though since we never had it and I don't play IC Q~Q)
- I think the cosmetics were fine. o: There were tons of hair colors to choose from (not that many hairstyles or eye styles but they were at least nice looking {IK some MMO's that have horrible starting hair/eyes until you PAY for cosmetics} - and there of course were all those costumes so no one looked alike unless they tried @-@ ... Now I miss my collection LOL).

-Well before the new LFP menu, you could queue up and your team would never have to leave the dungeon, when someone had to leave, you checked the lfp menu or queued up. After the change, maintaining an AoE party became really hard to do. (I remember being in one all day, going to sleep, waking up, and rejoining the same one when their pull left)
-Lower leveled people all bought a nurse lily and solod. It's not like we didnt have a lot of low level people, i mean pretty much everyone had a couple non 50+ jobs
-Tbh, because the quests sucked, i dont think new content like a new map would make people want to make a new character or start leveling their subs. Exploring as a high level is just as fun and it's not like leveling would be any different. It'd just be AoE parties or nurse lily solo in a different place vs different mobs.
-Also having 3 high level jobs isn't maxing out to me. Having at least one max level job with fully onyxed and upgraded gear and the cosmetics you want is maxing out to me. There was a lot of content (like raids) that were barely ever even used near the end of domo.

And good thing you didn't lol ! So much inventory wipe x.x

EDIT: Don't be mean to Aeriagames, they made some bad decisions but the GMs were nice and the contact us system was better than a lot of games. The game started losing popularity on its own anyways.

-Kusemono

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Um no? I don't consider me spending money and time on a game I want to play as greedy.

But that's not what you're doing. You're demanding that a company host a game you like, at a potential loss. That's greedy.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:06 AM
-Tbh, because the quests sucked, i dont think new content like a new map would make people want to make a new character or start leveling their subs. Exploring as a high level is just as fun and it's not like leveling would be any different. It'd just be AoE parties or nurse lily solo in a different place vs different mobs.
-Also having 3 high level jobs isn't maxing out to me. Having at least one max level job with fully onyxed and upgraded gear and the cosmetics you want is maxing out to me. There was a lot of content (like raids) that were barely ever even used near the end of domo.

Lol DoMO isn't a quest-based MMO. It's entirely grind. And I guess we'll never know if new maps would help lower levels~ :9 But if those areas were easier I think people would have enjoyed going through them. Running around on high levels isn't the same as playing through the maps.
- Also, I didn't use nurse sara at low levels. o: I didn't even bother getting one until after a few jobs had to gone through DD. xD

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:10 AM
But that's not what you're doing. You're demanding that a company host a game you like, at a potential loss. That's greedy.

I'm clearly not demanding anything from that useless company. I was stating a fact. In case you missed it: AG had money coming in from DoMo; they got greedy and turned their attention to hosting a new game to suck out even more cash from people - their lack of attention caused DoMO to die. No where in my statement did I demand they host DoMO. They should have been more responsible with the game they already had and they chose to not take care of it. Bad parenting I suppose you can call it. Thanks for trying to twist my words, though. :9

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Lol DoMO isn't a quest-based MMO. It's entirely grind. And I guess we'll never know if new maps would help lower levels~ :9 But if those areas were easier I think people would have enjoyed going through them. Running around on high levels isn't the same as playing through the maps.
- Also, I didn't use nurse sara at low levels. o: I didn't even bother getting one until after a few jobs had to gone through DD. xD

omg her name was sara huh, lol forgot.

Lol but it's so hard to solo without a sara at lower levels. Near the end it was either sara solo, duo, or wait 2 days for an AoE party.

-Kusemono

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:13 AM
omg her name was sara huh, lol forgot.

Lol but it's so hard to solo without a sara at lower levels. Near the end it was either sara solo, duo, or wait 2 days for an AoE party.

-Kusemono

I still never ran into this problem. XD Next time you need a party, w/ me ig. O.O I'll create a character to level with you if I'm already passed the dungeon. :3

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 01:13 AM
I'm clearly not demanding anything from that useless company. I was stating a fact. In case you missed it: AG had money coming in from DoMo; they got greedy and turned their attention to hosting a new game to suck out even more cash from people - their lack of attention caused DoMO to die. No where in my statement did I demand they host DoMO. They should have been more responsible with the game they already had and they chose to not take care of it. Bad parenting I suppose you can call it. Thanks for trying to twist my words, though. :9

You're accusing a company of being "greedy" for not hosting a game at a loss (if it was drawing in enough money they wouldn't have cut it) so you can play it. You're the greedy one.

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:16 AM
You're accusing a company of being "greedy" for not hosting a game at a loss (if it was drawing in enough money they wouldn't have cut it) so you can play it. You're the greedy one.

Did you miss the part where it was Softstar that didn't renew their contract? AG didn't have a choice at that point because of AG's greed/limited attention.

Dyyn
January 4th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Did you miss the part where it was Softstar that didn't renew their contract?

[citation needed]

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:18 AM
[citation needed]

Go look it up. Even DomoWiki has it.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 01:20 AM
[citation needed]

Yeah Aeria didnt cut it. It was Softstar. Aeria actually released a forum post saying, "We will not close domo" a couple months before they got the news.

-Kusemono

Kitababie
January 4th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah Aeria didnt cut it. It was Softstar. Aeria actually released a forum post saying, "We will not close domo" a couple months before they got the news.

-Kusemono

^ Thanks. Lol

----------------
Also, while I do blame AG for DoMO's downfall, I find Softstar at fault too. Neither one of them did their jobs properly.

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 02:22 AM

Sales on domo collapsed long before it was taken down. If anything, it was only not breaching the contract with softstar that kept it up to June 2012.

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Go look it up. Even DomoWiki has it.

Whoever wrote that on the wiki doesn't know what they're talking about.

LittleRose
January 4th, 2015, 05:46 AM
We at GT never had problems with inventory wipes o: only one time i experienced problems with champagne being taken out of the item list making a slot unusable in the guild bank.
But then at GT we always had way less bugs then aeria servers had with new patches.

As for nurses, i sure hope we dont get to see permanent ones for a long long time (if at all). Now and then temp ones fine but perm ones take the fun out of the game imo, since people will solo a lot more if they always have a helping hand at will.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 06:20 AM
We at GT never had problems with inventory wipes o: only one time i experienced problems with champagne being taken out of the item list making a slot unusable in the guild bank.
But then at GT we always had way less bugs then aeria servers had with new patches.

As for nurses, i sure hope we dont get to see permanent ones for a long long time (if at all). Now and then temp ones fine but perm ones take the fun out of the game imo, since people will solo a lot more if they always have a helping hand at will.

It's ridiculously time consuming to go past 50 without a nurse though. Idk, soloing is fine as long as AoE parties dont die out again.

NotHereCantDelete
January 4th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Items like saras, necklaces, and king pets just need to be handled better than aeria did.
I lost faith in them, and subsequently they lost my money, when they kept promoting them over and over and over.

King pets were no longer special, necklaces made it so that people could get to level 70 whilst still being a complete nooblet (undeserved sense of accomplishment ftl), and the saras (nurse at least) gave parties the middle finger.

This would've never been as bad if they weren't in a promotion or misery box every other week, king pets should stay as a reward for leveling your pet to 61, and the other two should be more like a rare treat (like going to that restaurant with all the difference ice-cream flavours....)

LoIcatKumi
January 4th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I agree with Pepsimancer...
They put too much uber items in promotions and overflooded the game with them.
(We got the exact opposite problem with GT that didn't promoted at all, put craps in Cash Shop and didn't gave us the gut to pay).

I think this is one of the main problem with Aeria : that overflow of "give us your money for virtual goods" made most of the players yawned and being bored more and more over the time and generated this idea of being greedy.
The other problem with that hoster is that they put that much of the problems over Softstar it was too big for real (and increased the idea they were greedy and lied on us).

Most of my friends left because of being tired to wait for glitch corrections.
I personnally left the day they clearly accused Softstar to be the reason of the lack of corrective patches, because, as an amateur game developper, I don't know a single game developper that will let it game dying because of uber stupid bugs without trying even once to correct them. (and more if the game give royalties...)
I can assume a big security problem or problem with the compatibility (server or client side), can be tedious and sometimes they have to decide to let them the way they are (because they don't find how to correct them or can't take time to invest/reproduce, consider it don't worth it); but when it's a dugeon glitch, or a quest glitch or a 3d/texture/model glitch, it's just a "joke" to correct for profesionnals >.<
So i considered Aeria was making fun of us and didn't asked once for corrective content for a while, then acted as the poor victim.
Based on their other games I even made the conclusion that for them a customer only plays for 6 monthes on a game and that they made their business model on it. DOMO get too old (a game won't last more than the initial contract and/or being profitable) and lack interest for their model, and as players we annoyed them to pursue to play it instead of migrating to another game. So they ended to use it as a "milk cow" as long as it last without any more investment in it (and contract renewal were part of it... then they just had to lye a little, but that's just business and they are not the only to do that).

With GT, the deal was quite different... They were already informed the GameTribe branch will be dismantled but were able to keep it secret during some monthes (4 or 6 maybe?). The thing is the Game Master team was so discuraged they almost totally stopped their job and keep only the bare minimum( keep servers on and put patches, that's why we got suddenly the bigbeam patch without true ad!! O_o).
Then players feel there was a problems and started to yell at them... and finally somebody put the master piece in light and they had to tell us.

HippieGoddess
January 4th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Honestly, I never felt that DOMO was dead while I played it. I never had a problem getting a team, and I felt it was very social to me. In other games I've experienced you don't normally party at lower levels (Not completely integrated into the game society, Lower level monsters are easy.) and once you become more comfortable with the game and monsters become harder and more aggressive then you start making parties. At least this has always been my personal experience and what I see from other players.

I won't go into who's at fault and who's not, but I still have bitter feelings towards AG. That aside, it is okay to touch on the past as to not repeat mistakes, but don't dwell guys. DOMO will be revived, and we can hope that it will be managed better and that the GMs take into consideration some of the things we say.

AbsolutelyAneirin
January 4th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I won't go into who's at fault and who's not, but I still have bitter feelings towards AG. That aside, it is okay to touch on the past as to not repeat mistakes, but don't dwell guys. DOMO will be revived, and we can hope that it will be managed better and that the GMs take into consideration some of the things we say.

This is seriously the best post in this entire thread.

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM
It's ridiculously time consuming to go past 50 without a nurse though. Idk, soloing is fine as long as AoE parties dont die out again.

No it wasn't.

DOMOAKFrost
January 4th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I agree with Pepsimancer...
They put too much uber items in promotions and overflooded the game with them.
(We got the exact opposite problem with GT that didn't promoted at all, put craps in Cash Shop and didn't gave us the gut to pay).

I think this is one of the main problem with Aeria : that overflow of "give us your money for virtual goods" made most of the players yawned and being bored more and more over the time and generated this idea of being greedy.
The other problem with that hoster is that they put that much of the problems over Softstar it was too big for real (and increased the idea they were greedy and lied on us).

Most of my friends left because of being tired to wait for glitch corrections.
I personnally left the day they clearly accused Softstar to be the reason of the lack of corrective patches, because, as an amateur game developper, I don't know a single game developper that will let it game dying because of uber stupid bugs without trying even once to correct them. (and more if the game give royalties...)
I can assume a big security problem or problem with the compatibility (server or client side), can be tedious and sometimes they have to decide to let them the way they are (because they don't find how to correct them or can't take time to invest/reproduce, consider it don't worth it); but when it's a dugeon glitch, or a quest glitch or a 3d/texture/model glitch, it's just a "joke" to correct for profesionnals >.<
So i considered Aeria was making fun of us and didn't asked once for corrective content for a while, then acted as the poor victim.
Based on their other games I even made the conclusion that for them a customer only plays for 6 monthes on a game and that they made their business model on it. DOMO get too old (a game won't last more than the initial contract and/or being profitable) and lack interest for their model, and as players we annoyed them to pursue to play it instead of migrating to another game. So they ended to use it as a "milk cow" as long as it last without any more investment in it (and contract renewal were part of it... then they just had to lye a little, but that's just business and they are not the only to do that).

With GT, the deal was quite different... They were already informed the GameTribe branch will be dismantled but were able to keep it secret during some monthes (4 or 6 maybe?). The thing is the Game Master team was so discuraged they almost totally stopped their job and keep only the bare minimum( keep servers on and put patches, that's why we got suddenly the bigbeam patch without true ad!! O_o).
Then players feel there was a problems and started to yell at them... and finally somebody put the master piece in light and they had to tell us.

Softstar (and Chinese companies in general) have little regard for customer service. It sometimes even happen in the same company. Chinese zynga players have been writing tickets in English for years because they were more likely to get a favorable response (or even a response at all) out of the English division than the Chinese division.

The Beijing Local government actually had to send an executive order to make restaurants clean up their menus so there isn't Engrish and google translate everywhere. It looks bad on the city but the restaurants have little reason to care once they get your money

Also, you're assuming they get a cut of Aeria's profits rather than a flat monthly fee, and that Aeria making money somehow is more interesting to them to devote developer hours to fixing our version. Remember, developer hours spent on Aeria wouldn't be spent elsewhere to make more direct profits for softstar.

The reason I took that widow video (and it's not because there might be a guy 3 years later claiming he soloed it in 5 minutes), was because Softstar literally refused to believe that raid was glitched.

http://i59.tinypic.com/14o416w.png
http://i57.tinypic.com/mhh54.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/11ig9b9.png

I repeatedly demanded they give Aeria this quest starting in 2008, because it was made literally in 2007 when Dragon's Den first appeared on IC, but they kept confusing them for the Tier-3 named "Hermione's Expedition". I described to them repeatedly that they were confused to no avail until late 2011 when I finally stopped caring.

Do you know how little effort it would have taken them? They took out Bigbeam Instances on our Bigbeam Instance's release day, and we managed to make them put it back in on the same day (which is why that maint took over 16 hours). Yes, it was a one-day job, but they kept pretending they're confused to get out of doing it.

Meanwhile, in 2008 when DOMO was roaring, Softstar actually were making custom content for us. It wasn't particularly good content (remember the spectre protector?), but the fact is once DOMO started to decline at Aeria, softstar bailed ship long before Aeria lost faith.

ArdenLyn
January 4th, 2015, 04:59 PM

Not really. Duos and trios can be good EXP too. While I'm guilty of using a nurse near the end of DOMO, I'd always choose a good healing partner over a Sara anyday.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 07:03 PM
No it wasn't.

Well, Duoing was just as fast in experience to time spent i guess. But with a sarah you can literally level all you want and not have to worry about finding a duo partner everytime you want to grind.

But back onto the topic i brought up. Will we be forced into getting the terrible lfp menu or is there a way for this version to keep the older one?

Miradora
January 4th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I believe that your main issue with the 'terrible lfp menu' is mainly the bad translations it had, which were not only confusing but actually broke some of the functionality. If those were modified, I think you would have less issues with it.

Original problematic strings (in Interface.xml):

<str id = " 2422">Team position can be served:</str>
<str id = " 2423">Tank</str>
<str id = " 2424">Musician</str>
<str id = " 2425">Beater</str>
<str id = " 2426">Supplier</str>
<str id = " 2427">Quest</str>
<str id = " 2428">Practice</str>

<str id = " 3236">Character for drawing the monsters.</str>
<str id = " 3237">Character for recovering MP and casting magic.</str>
<str id = " 3238">Character for attacking.</str>
<str id = " 3239">Character for healing.</str>
<str id = " 3240">Character for any function.</str>
<str id = " 3241">Distinguish by job.</str>
<str id = " 3242">Tank</str>
<str id = " 3243">Beater</str>
<str id = " 3244">Healer</str>
<str id = " 3245">Musician</str>
<str id = " 3246">EX: Exercise-Neptune's Temple, quest-Eversun Elder</str>

---------------------------------------

Some of these strings are too long to display in the interface, and will either be cut off (if it's a sentence) or not appear at all (if the word is too long for the available space).

Suggested modifications:

<str id = " 2420">Aim</str>
<str id = " 2421">Condition Setting</str>
<str id = " 2422">Preferred Team Role:</str>
<str id = " 2423">Tank</str>
<str id = " 2424">Musician</str>
<str id = " 2425">DPS</str>
<str id = " 2426">Healer</str>
<str id = " 2427">Auto</str> <!-- This is used both in the Preferred team Role dialog and the Aim column -->
<str id = " 2428">Lvl</str> <!-- This is used both in the Preferred team Role dialog and the Aim column -->

<str id = " 3236">Tanks enemies for the party.</str>
<str id = " 3237">Plays songs and helps the party recover MP.</str>
<str id = " 3238">Deals damage to the enemies.</str>
<str id = " 3239">Heals and buffs the party.</str>
<str id = " 3240">Any</str>
<str id = " 3241">Unspecified</str>
<str id = " 3242">Tank </str>
<str id = " 3243">DPS </str>
<str id = " 3244">Doc </str>
<str id = " 3245">Muse </str>
<str id = " 3246">e.g Leveling:Casks Auto:Autoloot</str>

These can probably be further improved, but the character limits are very limited without modifying the GUI itself. The contents of the 'Aim' Column cannot be longer than 4 characters, or it will display as blank. I changed the Quest option to Autoloot, as that seems a far more common need to me.

http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000228b.png

You can check off multiple roles, and with the modifications, they will all display properly:
http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000229a.png

Sample usage 2 (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000231.png)
Sample usage 3 (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000227.png)

As for why nobody used it, as other people have already mentioned, aoe parties were already pretty much dead by the time that modified flag system came out.

Kusemono1
January 4th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I believe that your main issue with the 'terrible lfp menu' is mainly the bad translations it had, which were not only confusing but actually broke some of the functionality. If those were modified, I think you would have less issues with it.

As for why nobody used it, as other people have already mentioned, aoe parties were already pretty much dead by the time that modified flag system came out.

This is beautiful. I think the roles should be Tank, Muse, Doc, AoE, Pull, DPS, Support. Because the first 5 are the parts of an AoE party and DPS and Support are more of a duo type thing. This would be amazing.

Hopefully subagames sees this and does it.

I remember AoE parties still being used around that time. The problem is that you had to send someone to the city or add a friend if you wanted to continue when someone left because the new menu was nonsense. Your change would remedy that.

Thank you very much.

Matchamatsu
January 5th, 2015, 12:05 AM
aren't there already like 10 threads that have already discussed everything in this one? pre much? sigh :(

Kusemono1
January 5th, 2015, 12:16 AM
aren't there already like 10 threads that have already discussed everything in this one? pre much? sigh :(

I did not find one that brought up the Lfp menu which was my main concern. However, i may have overlooked a thread, i just kinda swept at titles.

I also didn't find one that talked about asking if the Thieves in DDen could be changed a tiny bit so that AoE parties could do them. (although idk if subagames can do anything about this)

I can imagine there being threads about the Christmas patch but meh, it's still an important thing.

And on the bright side, someone in this thread found a way to make the flag menu more friendly to how this game works. So yeah!

Matchamatsu
January 5th, 2015, 01:06 AM
I did not find one that brought up the Lfp menu which was my main concern. However, i may have overlooked a thread, i just kinda swept at titles.

I also didn't find one that talked about asking if the Thieves in DDen could be changed a tiny bit so that AoE parties could do them. (although idk if subagames can do anything about this)

I can imagine there being threads about the Christmas patch but meh, it's still an important thing.

And on the bright side, someone in this thread found a way to make the flag menu more friendly to how this game works. So yeah!

"How did aeria domo die?" is a hot topic in this forum lol. But as long as its constructive it's fine. I'm just being a negative nancy :(

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 11:04 PM

Well for the first few months at least, I'm sure all the dungeons will be packed with parties XD So finding people won't be hard - just gotta find that space.

Agiantnotepad
January 6th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Well for the first few months at least, I'm sure all the dungeons will be packed with parties XD So finding people won't be hard - just gotta find that space.

RIP, get reported for ksing and stealing spots will be the meta