PDA

View Full Version : PvP Guides, Tips, and Tricks.

PvpFlash
January 5th, 2015, 04:13 AM
The three things I will be talking about today will be: Jobs combination( varies, but most popular), How to beat Gears Dependent, and Basics requirement. In PVP, Most of the time, the person who lands the stun first wins, but not always. That is why it is important to build M.eva, and also M.acc.

Jobs Combination-
1: BM-Dancer-Fencer
This is probably the most used combination of all. Why? Easy and cheap to get kills. This combination is also really good on people that are Gears Dependent. Extractor at level 7 can 75% of the time take 3 of the equipment away, and you would almost guaranteed a kill with Maniac Attack. People can easily equip back their gears in a second or two, but if you do this quick enough, it should not be a problem.

Builds- I find it best on BM to 28 dex, 58 agility, and full power. You will sacrifice a whole lot of ATK for agility, but can make up the ATK with 2x Weapon and Legendary DG LA( no need for mod).

How to use: - Stun-Crip-Extractor-Hiss-Maniac

2: MA-WD-Doc
MA has the most health in the game, Fixed PVP Damage, and very hard to kill( especially with Doc Subs). With MA, you can do some really high damage,and can also tank very well, especially against high damage dealers like BM and Thief. The thing about Gloves is that Far Flung Fist does a fixed damage ( depending on the level) and it wont go any higher regardless of your stats. WD is also Fixed damage, that is why this is a good combination to go against those with ''Gears''.You can also be really tanky. With onyxed and a DG set, you can easily hit 25-30k HP at level 55-60. With 30k hp, You will recover about 1.5k HP continuously, so if the opponent do not kill you fast enough, Your hp will be recovered and you most likely will be the one winning the fight.

Buff- Fort Force, Channel Energy, and Regen 11.

How to use: - knock out, Smash n Grab- Far Flung Fist- Hundred Step then DIP( Until they're lit) Then Fly Fist.

3: ( this is what I've used) Merchant-BM-Fencer
Merchant is a pretty bad PVP Job at low level, but once it is around level 60+ , that is when Merchant starts smacking PvP. Blood money and Maniac attack has the highest amplification in the game, which is why I chose this combo. Another great skill which is useful at high level is Mathemattack. The higher the level, the greater the chance of dealing more damage.

How to use:- Stun-Crip-Maniac-BloodMoney-Mathemattack

4: Dancer-BM-Fencer( Weird Combination, but It works for me).
Dancer has really high Single Target Skills, which is why I really like to use it in PVP. Another great thing about it is Extractor, Ofc. Dancer may not deal a whole lot of damage, but the M.Eva is absolutely crazy. Legendary Fan and Amor gives about 20, Onyx gives 10, and DG gives another 10. You already have 40( not including Basic Stats). DG Fan and Amor will reduce Magical and Physical atks towards you, which is why Dancer is my main PVP Job. One player that uses Dancer as their main PvP job was Akili. He was up there as one of the best pvp player on Onyx.

How to use- Stun-Crip-Extractor-Fancy-Maniac

5: Thief-WD-Hunter
Crit is key to Thief. Thief is one of the top 3 PvP jobs IMO, and Does one of the highest damage of all.

Buff Needed- C.Fury, Weak Spotter, Agony, Martial Hex

How to use- Hypo- Poke- ( They should die if you crit, if not, run and cancel C.Fury then Veiled.

There are many other combinations such as Doc, Wiz, and SHaman... ETC. I will talk more about that and go into Gears and such a bit more, and more advice on another post I'm working on.

Random Fun Tip: Did you know using Sneak Atk Makes you stun faster?

Carecrow
January 5th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the tips

LMini
January 5th, 2015, 04:47 AM
i learned so much today

OmfgSoySauce
January 5th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Something good.
(Useless post for the OP only).

LilKizuna
January 5th, 2015, 08:53 AM
PvP looks complicate~ No luv for Spellcasters.

~Lil_Kizuna

HippieGoddess
January 5th, 2015, 11:45 AM
In PVP, Most of the time, the person who lands the stun first wins, but not always.

I remember a time when I got stunned, but then the rest of his attacks missed me (was a thief) and then I stunned and kill him.

Good times. Good times.

LadyMae
January 5th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Useful, thanks! ^_^

PvpFlash
January 5th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Give Reasons-

LMini
January 5th, 2015, 09:16 PM
the suspense is killing me

Dyyn
January 7th, 2015, 02:42 AM
who are you?

LMini
January 7th, 2015, 02:43 AM
the suspense is killing me
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LadyOkamia
January 7th, 2015, 05:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Such a spammy useless post @_@. At least add something to the conversation.

Anywho... Man Pvp sounds more complicated then I remembered it. But then again I never was great at pvp. But thank you for the tips! I dont think I could get much use of it though. I guess I should just stick to lvling and socializing since that is the only thing I am decent at lol.

LNova
January 7th, 2015, 05:24 AM

Anywho... Man Pvp sounds more complicated then I remembered it. But then again I never was great at pvp. But thank you for the tips! I dont think I could get much use of it though. I guess I should just stick to lvling and socializing since that is the only thing I am decent at lol.

Mini, she just ****ing rekt you. :lol:

Also, PVP is like the easiest thing to do on domo. Even if you didn't PVP much you could pick it up pretty easily.

LilKizuna
January 7th, 2015, 05:25 AM

You really shouldn't let the difficulty in PvP to discourage you from continuing to try it though. It can be rather fun and competitive after you get the jest of it. Heck one thing that always trumps an overwhelmingly powerful player is teamwork and DOMO is no exception of this. PvP in Arena for instance is heavily concentrated on teamwork. By the end of Onyx's run most lacked this concept and decided that solo PvP styled classes were a thing. Granted they worked only because of the lack of team-based strategies that were absent at that time. Heck I could still remember when people would fight over Sir-Kevin(Great PvP Musician) just to have an edge over the enemy team because no one wanted to play support anymore. With that in mind while you yourself may not be best at PvP maybe with your friends you can stand up as a cohesive unit able to stop even PvP vets.

Just an idea~

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
January 7th, 2015, 05:30 AM
You really shouldn't let the difficulty in PvP to discourage you from continuing to try it though. It can be rather fun and competitive after you get the jest of it. Heck one thing that always trumps an overwhelmingly powerful player is teamwork and DOMO is no exception of this. PvP in Arena for instance is heavily concentrated on teamwork.

~Lil_Kizuna

By teamwork you mean standing in SA next to teammate, while he/she lowers the HP of your opponent enough for you to guarantee a 1-hit gank?

LilKizuna
January 7th, 2015, 05:37 AM
By teamwork you mean standing in SA next to teammate, while he/she lowers the HP of your opponent enough for you to guarantee a 1-hit gank?

Yes and no. That's kind of just being a KSing little **** but you know as well as I do people will do it anyways for the PEEN. At the same time you shouldn't care as long as your team wins rite?

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
January 7th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Yes and no. That's kind of just being a KSing little **** but you know as well as I do people will do it anyways for the PEEN. At the same time you shouldn't care as long as your team wins rite?

~Lil_Kizuna

Well a lot of the events that gave prizes (the only time worth setting foot in arena imo) were based on a points system that rewarded individual kills more heavily than "winning". It would be more beneficial to take 30 kills and die 30 times than to play as a team, never die and only grab a few kills.

LilKizuna
January 7th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Well a lot of the events that gave prizes (the only time worth setting foot in arena imo) were based on a points system that rewarded individual kills more heavily than "winning". It would be more beneficial to take 30 kills and die 30 times than to play as a team, never die and only grab a few kills.
Arena was pretty active before Mythyc and Fatina's Tournament. Those events only gave reason for those who were not swayed as of yet to participating in the PvP scene for prizes or timed gatherings. Over time it did die down though~

PS: I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the winning teams during those Tournaments were given a boost in Pts for those events. So winning was a plus.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
January 7th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Arena was pretty active before Mythyc and Fatina's Tournament. Those events only gave reason for those who were not swayed as of yet to participating in the PvP scene for prizes or timed gatherings. Over time it did die down though~

PS: I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the winning teams during those Tournaments were given a boost in Pts for those events. So winning was a plus.

~Lil_Kizuna

Ya winning was a plus (I think).. at least in some modes. Js if you wanted to maximise points it was best to play selfishly, even at the cost of losing the game.

DOMOAKFrost
January 7th, 2015, 12:35 PM
arena is only worth playing to watch people (esp kiz) complain about getting killed, js.

LilKizuna
January 7th, 2015, 04:07 PM
arena is only worth playing to watch people (esp kiz) complain about getting killed, js.
I can honestly say getting killed wasn't a problem for me in Arena. Its when they were inadvertently stacking the teams is when I would go full RAGE mode. Ex : 60s+ Me/Fat/or Heart vs All 70s Vets. Curb stomping matches are bad and you should feel bad.

Fyi sometimes I would watch Arena too just for some of that~ lol

~Lil_Kizuna

LadyOkamia
January 7th, 2015, 06:21 PM
You really shouldn't let the difficulty in PvP to discourage you from continuing to try it though. It can be rather fun and competitive after you get the jest of it. Heck one thing that always trumps an overwhelmingly powerful player is teamwork and DOMO is no exception of this. PvP in Arena for instance is heavily concentrated on teamwork. By the end of Onyx's run most lacked this concept and decided that solo PvP styled classes were a thing. Granted they worked only because of the lack of team-based strategies that were absent at that time. Heck I could still remember when people would fight over Sir-Kevin(Great PvP Musician) just to have an edge over the enemy team because no one wanted to play support anymore. With that in mind while you yourself may not be best at PvP maybe with your friends you can stand up as a cohesive unit able to stop even PvP vets.

Just an idea~

~Lil_Kizuna

Hmm you have a point. But I never really liked teaming up against someone. I feel like if I cant do something on my own then no one would really respect me in battle. I been in games where I partook in a team gank or something like that and man it caused so much drama then they call their friends and it just got bigger and much more worse then it needed to be T_T! PvP has such a scary environment sometimes.

I never really took part in Domo's Pvp so I cant really say anything per say. But I did those 1v1 duel's and I never won those XD!

DOMOAKFrost
January 7th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Hmm you have a point. But I never really liked teaming up against someone. I feel like if I cant do something on my own then no one would really respect me in battle. I been in games where I partook in a team gank or something like that and man it caused so much drama then they call their friends and it just got bigger and much more worse then it needed to be T_T! PvP has such a scary environment sometimes.

I never really took part in Domo's Pvp so I cant really say anything per say. But I did those 1v1 duel's and I never won those XD!

What's the point of playing a team game if you don't gank, might as well play duels.

And if they're scrub enough to QQ about it, they're the ones that should quit.

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 12:08 AM
What's the point of playing a team game if you don't gank, might as well play duels.

And if they're scrub enough to QQ about it, they're the ones that should quit.

woah that league terminology :EEK:

DOMOAKFrost
January 8th, 2015, 02:42 AM
woah that league terminology :EEK:

I don't play league. Used to run in DoTA but quit.

LilKizuna
January 8th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Rage can be good sometimes though. It drives some to be better at it and others.. well it just makes them complain about nothing.

~Lil_Kizuna

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I don't play league. Used to run in DoTA but quit.

oh i see, so league uses the same terminology which came from dota?

DOMOAKFrost
January 8th, 2015, 02:12 PM
oh i see, so league uses the same terminology which came from dota?

considering league was designed by Guinsoo who made DoTA, I'd say this shouldnt be surprising.

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 02:19 PM
considering league was designed by Guinsoo who made DoTA, I'd say this shouldnt be surprising.

i just needed to know cause im a noob

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 03:59 PM
i just needed to know cause im a noob

Well "gank" really isnt a league or dota2 specific word. It's very common in mmorpgs. League players actually use the word in a different way though.

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Well "gank" really isnt a league or dota2 specific word. It's very common in mmorpgs. League players actually use the word in a different way though.

Oh I see...I've only just started playing league a week or so ago so it's the first time I've seen "gank" used.

DOMOAKFrost
January 8th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Oh I see...I've only just started playing league a week or so ago so it's the first time I've seen "gank" used.

play dota, it's better than league.

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 08:26 PM

yeah ive heard. dota 2? maybe thats a stupid question.....is dota one even available? im...just.....not going to ask....anymore....

Kitababie
January 8th, 2015, 08:30 PM
yeah ive heard. dota 2? maybe thats a stupid question.....is dota one even available? im...just.....not going to ask....anymore....

dw... i don't even know what dota is 8D

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 08:56 PM

Both are available. don't play either. It feels like they're made to be competitive games so they aren't good to just sit around and have fun. If you just want to play with your friends and have fun, play league.

Do not take league seriously though. That game does not deserve to be a competitive game.

Come play battle party with me :D that one is fun to play and it's well designed to be a competitive game... even though it's a cartoonnetwork game. trust me though, after you get past the little kids playing it becomes a fun competitive game :D

DOMOAKFrost
January 8th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Dota 1 and 2 are the same game, with Dota 1 being a custom Warcraft III map and Dota 2 being built from the ground up by valve. There's minute naming differencE's due to trademarks, and some interaction's differ due to the war3 engine vs the source engine.

League is a casualized Dota with a less high fantasy focused and more... animefied? art direction.

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Dota 1 and 2 are the same game, with Dota 1 being a custom Warcraft III map and Dota 2 being built from the ground up by valve. There's minute naming differencE's due to trademarks, and some interaction's differ due to the war3 engine vs the source engine.

League is a casualized Dota with a less high fantasy focused and more... animefied? art direction.

There were actually a ton of changes to the heros, gameplay, and items when dota 2 came out. And them patching separately made them grow further apart. They're very similar, but in no way the same game.

League... league is like the flappy bird of the moba world. fun to play, well made for the purpose of messing around, but it shouldnt be taken seriously.

Any game that listens to qq and haphazardly patches as often as league, shouldn't be competitive. Riot needs to stop patching for a couple months, let players adapt to the current game right now, and if there is something that players can't possibly adapt to, they need to come up with a very large patch keeping all of the champions in mind. Mindlessly nerfing or buffing will not make the game better for laddering or competitive play.

DOMOAKFrost
January 8th, 2015, 10:30 PM
There were actually a ton of changes to the heros, gameplay, and items when dota 2 came out. And them patching separately made them grow further apart. They're very similar, but in no way the same game.

League... league is like the flappy bird of the moba world. fun to play, well made for the purpose of messing around, but it shouldnt be taken seriously.

Any game that listens to qq and haphazardly patches as often as league, shouldn't be competitive. Riot needs to stop patching for a couple months, let players adapt to the current game right now, and if there is something that players can't possibly adapt to, they need to come up with a very large patch keeping all of the champions in mind. Mindlessly nerfing or buffing will not make the game better for laddering or competitive play.

balancr patches to Dota 1 and 2 are mostly synchronized, but 2 is short a few heroes, and Dota has certain limitations due to the war3 engine.

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 10:38 PM
balancr patches to Dota 1 and 2 are mostly synchronized, but 2 is short a few heroes, and Dota has certain limitations due to the war3 engine.

Changes from DotA - Dota 2 Wiki (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Changes_from_DotA)

This is a list of changes, as you can see there are a lot of them.
At the bottom there's a link to a list of intended changes DoTA 2 makers added.

Most changes are due to limitations of the war3 engine, but the changes are game changing enough that i wouldn't classify them as the same game. Although they are very simliar.

Matchamatsu
January 8th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Both are available. don't play either. It feels like they're made to be competitive games so they aren't good to just sit around and have fun. If you just want to play with your friends and have fun, play league.

Do not take league seriously though. That game does not deserve to be a competitive game.

Come play battle party with me :D that one is fun to play and it's well designed to be a competitive game... even though it's a cartoonnetwork game. trust me though, after you get past the little kids playing it becomes a fun competitive game :D
I enjoy league so far, it's a good time waster. Haha never heard of battle party but googled and saw this....

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i84/at_gamecard_battleparty_8-18_250x225_b.jpg

tempting...

Kusemono1
January 9th, 2015, 12:54 AM
I enjoy league so far, it's a good time waster. Haha never heard of battle party but googled and saw this....

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i84/at_gamecard_battleparty_8-18_250x225_b.jpg

tempting...

you should play! it's so fun. instead of cs for gold and stuff you get a new upgrade to your items every time you level. The last hitting goes towards a point system. You win by either killing the enemy nexus or when the 15 time limit runs out whoever has the more points. So it's a good time waster and you always know how long itll last at max.

Also you can be a cute penguin so.... yeah :D

Syphonizer
March 4th, 2015, 07:55 AM
What build would you suggest for a PVP MA? Was thinking +2 phys +1 Dex (Till 28) and then +2 phys +1 ag. Would like to hear what everyone thinks. Thank you

EnochP
March 4th, 2015, 07:59 AM
What build would you suggest for a PVP MA? Was thinking +2 phys +1 Dex (Till 28) and then +2 phys +1 ag. Would like to hear what everyone thinks. Thank you

Pure phys. More HP for the HP god.

Radh
March 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM

wtf frost...u not even play leagues and say dota is better ???
good thing u say it on domo forum and not on general forum...lolololol

BeyondGodIike
March 5th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Wow thanks for the tips, can't wait to use them!

I hope PvP isn't too hard to learn~

HBee
March 5th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Wow thanks for the tips, can't wait to use them!

I hope PvP isn't too hard to learn~

PvP is really easy! Just don't use classes like MA and stick to thief/BM and you'll be fine! :)

Teeniv
March 5th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Dota 2 > LoL

Just came here to say this. Bye.

Agiantnotepad
March 5th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Dota 2 > LoL

Just came here to say this. Bye.

I only know how to play Juggernaut

DameTime
March 6th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Ohhhhhh bby all this pvp talk is getting me excited! OB needs to hurry up