PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about Domo?

HippieGoddess
January 5th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Dream of Mirror Online had a lot of unique things about it that set is apart from other games, even to date. What was one of the things you loved most about this game?

I just absolutely loved how you could change jobs and how those jobs correlated with each other.

Kusemono1
January 5th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Chat system and ease of the game. Some people may have thought the leveling was tedious because you just stood and spammed, but because of the ease and tediousness you could be lvling, farming, pvping, or just sitting around and talking with the extremely user friendly chat system.

Just talking to people while making your character as best as you want it. It's not a chore like in other mmos where you gotta be a tryhard to get anywhere, it's just something that's easy, relaxing, and fun.

Gambachi
January 5th, 2015, 04:53 PM
The laidbackness, art style, community, events, neighing ducks, flying, pickled zombies and a whole lot more! :D

ArdenLyn
January 5th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Number 1 for me was the community. I've met alot of cool people on this game from all over the world, people who I wish to this day I still kept in contact with. The guilds that I've joined were awesome and felt like a second family. It always amazed me how I could relate to people online than I could with people in real life, call it lame if you want, but I think alot can agree.

Number 2 was the game itself. Loved the Class and Sub-classing system. How you could basically play almost any role on any class. For example, you could be a Tank on Martial Artist or even on a thief if you got the right subs, or a doctor on Wiz or shaman. So unless you're into soloing, you can be pretty much anything on anything. Always being party ready. The game world was pretty huge itself too, loved exploring all those nooks and crannies and even dungeons people wouldn't bother touching.

DOMOAKFrost
January 5th, 2015, 06:07 PM
it's the kid I never had... which also turned into a mamudapao, oh well.

Here's hope to a better rebirth

HippieGoddess
January 5th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Here's hope to a better rebirth

*raises glass* Cheers

Shirayuri
January 5th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I actually like DoMo's crafting system more than that of other MMO's I've played. I mean, pilfer was kind of a pain at times, but I liked that once your character learned a recipe, it could be made multiple times. Not to mention, alchemy was actually useful and doable at all levels, unlike other games where is hardly even necessary, and/or ridiculously costly. (Although I left right around the time that Bigbeam was released... I heard there was some weird stuff with alchemy there.)

And of course, I liked being able to play all 14 jobs on one character, plus being able to sub skills. I haven't played any other game with that feature.

DOMOKiller
January 5th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Love DOMO because i can get the chance to received the title im super closed to aquired before getting banned(Muti-billionaire) once again!

Amaiha
January 5th, 2015, 09:00 PM
The music is by far the best I've ever heard in an MMO. I really love it an still sometimes listen to it on Youtube. :)

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 10:39 PM
The job interchange-ability (including subbing), the costumes (ig tradeable yey), and the pets. QQ still haven't found another MMO with pets I love as much as DoMO's.

NARAPIDANA
January 6th, 2015, 05:39 AM
the graphic, feature of job changes, the costumes.

NotHereCantDelete
January 6th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Hmmm..

I loved the jobs as most do, the ability to switch between all the available jobs in a game without being stuck leveling another character is something I've yet to find anywhere else.

Definitely love the pets, especially the sapphires and lillies, they're cute and squishy and actually viable as a way to level rather than just some afterthought following you around just looking pretty.

I always liked the graphics style, I think I'd recently been replaying Tales of Symphonia when I first came to Domo and the resemblance was really close, so I liked Domo instantly.

I liked... most of the costumes. A lot of them were very pretty and you had a lot of choice, my only negative was (as I've said before) how many pink costumes females had - But I can just avoid them like the plague like I did before.

And finally I liked the sense of humor, not many mmos would have strange things like the zombies that follow you around talking, and the creepy crimson glob with those big lips that make you want to kill them really fast before they get a chance to kiss you....

Kitababie
January 6th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Definitely love the pets, especially the sapphires and lillies, they're cute and squishy and actually viable as a way to level rather than just some afterthought following you around just looking pretty.
Yeah, my Jade actually tanked foggy vip while waiting for rep tank. hehehe (yes, I am a VIP hogger Q-Q)

I liked... most of the costumes. A lot of them were very pretty and you had a lot of choice, my only negative was (as I've said before) how many pink costumes females had - But I can just avoid them like the plague like I did before.

Yeah, the only pink costume I liked was the Down-Filled Coat (F). The others I had but didn't wear. Like the "Brown shinsei" was pink - and the pink fighter would've looked cooler as blue instead of pink or just black and red. *o*

Vanland
January 6th, 2015, 07:36 PM
For me it was the casual/cozy style (graphics, gameplay), the atmosphere of the game, and the soundtrack.

Things that are hard to explain, but I'm sure everyone here understands.

Phoenix1250
January 6th, 2015, 09:45 PM
The job interchange-ability (including subbing), the costumes (ig tradeable yey), and the pets. QQ still haven't found another MMO with pets I love as much as DoMO's.

This basically covers everything I loved here.

GameGrave
January 7th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I loved how i was able to come in the game not knowing anyone or anything and instantly making friends that would help me out in the summoning pool. I've lost contact with a lot of my friends in domo. They either moved on started a family or i neverhad their real life contact info to start with. I only know one other person that is coming back to domo that I played with a lot but she doesnt want to sign up for the forums XD.

I'm going in blind again and I really want to make some great friends again.

PsychoIndy
January 13th, 2015, 05:02 AM
I've liked the fact you can have 1 character and have all the jobs for it. Many have said this already, but, it will be said more often. Loved the community that we had, back on Onyx. We were all friendly and helpful. Pets were actually nice to have and useful as well. Costumes were a nice way to add some extra customization for your characters. I preferred the ninja sets, mainly had the white set on.

The only thing I wished, while making our character(s), is to have all options for hair color available at the start, instead of having to get most of them from the item mall.

Eostre
January 13th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I love the job system of DOMO, I have yet to run into any game that has such a unique job/class system.

I loooove the costumes, pets, vanity items, etc, all of it was so much fun, I was a big collector of all those things so can't wait to do it again. =3

The music was always wonderful as well, from time to time I'll go on you tube and listen to all the soundtracks, qq the memories.

Coronavirus
January 19th, 2015, 07:32 AM
The subclass system - I like how you can use subs to customize your character to fit nearly any situation and use the skills of higher leveled classes to make things easier on low level classes (and vice versa).

The simplicity - DoMO isn't a very complicated game, and doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that more modern games have and I think that's one aspect that makes it a good game - you aren't really distracted by a bunch of nonsense

The music - I had the music muted most of the time, but since I haven't heard it in so long, going back and listening to it brings back some good memories

The community - I think the community was mostly nice (with the exception of a few people), and hopefully that won't change too much

Leveling - When you reached the level cap it actually felt like you accomplished something, for most people anyway