PDA

View Full Version : support for new players

Kitemay
January 6th, 2015, 08:01 AM
this is a thread for new players, and those of us willing to give them a hand when the game comes out again.

Gambachi
January 6th, 2015, 08:29 AM
You can get a free SE 1 metal pet at level 20 from a quest. Was surprised many who had been playing for a good while were surprised to learn that in Aerias Domo. You can get a whole host of other cool items also by doing associated quests, Vanity pet, storage boxes, etc. It is worth checking out what each quest gives on the wiki.

Kitemay
January 6th, 2015, 09:25 AM
yes the quest in farrel family crypt, i highly advise having a witch doctor with skill bugs nearby.

Z0mb3h
January 6th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I think it was an original metal not a SE 1? At least it was when I did it on Aeria.

Gambachi
January 6th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I think it was an original metal not a SE 1? At least it was when I did it on Aeria.

Oh yes SE0 I mean sorry. Always get confuddled with that lol

GameGrave
January 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM
when i first started I had to train by myself for a very long time before i was even able to go against casts cause I didnt know about the Maze under the well....and when I did find it I facepalmed pretty hard knowing there was a training ground for my level.

The entrance to this dungeon (commonly known as the Well) is located at X:116 Y:305 in Eversun City. You must complete the quest series given by Valencia at X:111 Y:296. If the leader of your team has completed the mission already, you will be able to follow this person in, but will still not be able to enter of your own accord.

(info taken from the wiki)

Kitemay
January 7th, 2015, 02:28 PM
when i first started I had to train by myself for a very long time before i was even able to go against casts cause I didnt know about the Maze under the well....and when I did find it I facepalmed pretty hard knowing there was a training ground for my level.

The entrance to this dungeon (commonly known as the Well) is located at X:116 Y:305 in Eversun City. You must complete the quest series given by Valencia at X:111 Y:296. If the leader of your team has completed the mission already, you will be able to follow this person in, but will still not be able to enter of your own accord.

(info taken from the wiki)

great place for materials and recipe collection also, as a note the best thing to train in there is dancers, as even with default level and skills, you should have no challenge in handling the first room. then after a couple levels the second room is viable if you add basic doctor skills for heals. remember to break off when your mp hits 25% as this will prevent surprised by some of the normal globs and worse yet grape globs that appear when you kill golden globs. to steal recipes you will need a thief. the materials can be sold to npcs for quick money or to players for better prices, since the game will be just opening you should be able to sell them fairly fast, as long as you don't get greedy.

GameGrave
January 7th, 2015, 02:49 PM
great place for materials and recipe collection also, as a note the best thing to train in there is dancers, as even with default level and skills, you should have no challenge in handling the first room. then after a couple levels the second room is viable if you add basic doctor skills for heals. remember to break off when your mp hits 25% as this will prevent surprised by some of the normal globs and worse yet grape globs that appear when you kill golden globs. to steal recipes you will need a thief. the materials can be sold to npcs for quick money or to players for better prices, since the game will be just opening you should be able to sell them fairly fast, as long as you don't get greedy.

i wonder how much they are going to go for with alchemists scurrying trying to make armor for mercs (which is what I'm gonna try doing for once I was never an alchemist last time i played)

Kitemay
January 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM
i wonder how much they are going to go for with alchemists scurrying trying to make armor for mercs (which is what I'm gonna try doing for once I was never an alchemist last time i played)

no clue, i'll be aiming for making medicines if witch doctor and merchant are out at launch

Kusemono1
January 8th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Materials are really cheap since you can buy armor from npcs for not much anyways. Also alchemists don't usually get the materials for that stuff. Materials are usually in sale at stalls. They get a bit expensive near foggy level but before that it's dirt cheap. Alchemy isn't really lucrative unless you're selling hla stuff. Material selling is a bit better but who has the time for that.

GameGrave
January 9th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Materials are really cheap since you can buy armor from npcs for not much anyways. Also alchemists don't usually get the materials for that stuff. Materials are usually in sale at stalls. They get a bit expensive near foggy level but before that it's dirt cheap. Alchemy isn't really lucrative unless you're selling hla stuff. Material selling is a bit better but who has the time for that.

well i was just thinking at launch mercs are going to need around 3 sets of armor per level and I thought if i was able to get the materials and armor fast enough i could sell it cheaper than the npcs but yet still make a profit

Kusemono1
January 9th, 2015, 04:40 PM
well i was just thinking at launch mercs are going to need around 3 sets of armor per level and I thought if i was able to get the materials and armor fast enough i could sell it cheaper than the npcs but yet still make a profit

It's not till grotto that you need many armor sets at all (and even then it's like 3-4 sets per run which lasts a few levels). and armor up to grotto is dirt cheap. itd be quicker to just an aoe champ and farm tbh.

TheRealTangerine
January 9th, 2015, 05:18 PM
If you have enough eva you can level ...nekkid tho <3

Kitemay
January 9th, 2015, 06:39 PM
If you have enough eva you can level ...nekkid tho <3

or if you use a strategy centered on kiting, which i did.

Kitsunari
January 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM
If i recall, we have to learn the recipes still for alchemy, fun fun fun!