PDA

View Full Version : The Diary.

Danny26292n5vWy
January 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Hello people,

I'm a new guy here on SubaGames but I used to play DOMO for quite a while.

I'm Thinking to start an in-game blog from day one of DOMO starting on the closed/open beta stage that would be mostly for re-introducing the game to new people, giving some advice and sharing my adventures.

What do you think guys?

Kitababie
January 15th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Idk. There's plenty of help/advice in game and plenty of newplayer advice forums already. I don't really see the point in the blog, but do as you wish c:

Danny26292n5vWy
January 15th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Idk. There's plenty of help/advice in game and plenty of newplayer advice forums already. I don't really see the point in the blog, but do as you wish c:

Well my initial idea is to share some of the best times in my adventure, for new and old players.
Think of it more like a 'recommendation', I wasn't very clear on that before its my bad.

Divini
January 15th, 2015, 01:59 PM
If you have the drive to update it often and the will to continue it for a while without stopping, I say go for it!

I just see a lot of people in nearly any subject do this and quit early / lose the passion for it.

Vanland
January 15th, 2015, 03:49 PM
The best way to find out is by going ahead and doing it. Write entries on set days for 2-3 weeks, drop the links at some places, and make your call based on the visitor count.

I used to blog myself for a good ~2 years before I ran out of content and lost my interest in the concerning game. Something I found valuable during that time is that it's not as much about the content, it's about the way you present it. Style. Appeal. Word choices. If you enjoy writing and enjoy playing the game, surely you can find a way to combine that into a feeling that you can convey to the reader through your entries.

Good luck.

LittleRose
January 15th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Do it because you want to do it, dont let it depend on if other people think its "needed".

I think people dont really care if you do or do not start a blog, some might read it others wont.
But if you have pleasure in writing it what is stopping you :)

Danny26292n5vWy
January 15th, 2015, 06:58 PM
First thank you all for the comments!
I'm trying to get some early impression about what could be the common interest of all readers, I'm pretty positive about sharing the 'weekly adventure' with pictures and useful information so when someone encounter my blog they'll enjoy a great introduction to the game but also an address to share their own adventures or maybe a one with me, I dunno yet - I don't want to make it a 'walkthrough' blog but something more socialized and easy going.