PDA

View Full Version : Echo's State of the Game Feb Edition including some 3-3 stuff.

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think it was last December I gave a status update post. Anyways, there should be a Valentines patch coming soon so don't worry on that end. Next few patches should be the preparation and run-up to Ep3-3. Estimation is that we're a month or 2 behind Korea on this. Since I got a deeper contact with Masang just within the past week, I'm pretty much trying to see how far I can go with this.

I do know support has been a bit slow as of late. We've been pretty backlogged on a number of issues, and considering that the GM Team has been stretched pretty thin on some issues, support is having it difficult as well since the GM Team is quite busy. So I do apologize for the delays and we think things should pick up once things begin to ease up. Lots of initiatives going on that require the GM's.

2010 should have some major changes coming to the game. Ep3-2 didn't bring as much change as ep3-3 will bring. Almost a large patch almost every month. With the initiatives and setups I had in place since becoming the lead GM for ACE, the transition into Ep3-3 will be pretty seamless as numerous initiatives I've done (Like easier leveling) will become standardized throughout most of the versions so I may end up pulling back some elements to accommodate (Like I said, everything I do is in consideration of future content).

I would say Ep3-3 is a ZOMG patch spread out over the year. It's quite extensive of a patch with some things that i found surprising. Sadly the one feature that I really want them to throw out won't be arriving until about a year from now. But we'll just prepare things accordingly to make the additions seamless.

Any other questions feel free to post.

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
is there any concrete set in stone things 3.3 will bring that you can share with us at this time?

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA PATCHS.

i think i'm playing the wrong game, the game i remeber has no patchs, no cusotmer support, and no trimus.

on a more serious note, good stuff echo. they all called me crazy when i said AR would fail hard.

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
is there any concrete set in stone things 3.3 will bring that you can share with us at this time?

I don't want to spill any beans on any info yet. There's a proper time and place to do so.

Maybe if korea gets the patch out to their main servers then I can disclose some info.

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
February 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
More dependence on cash shop, this is what I predict in the future.

SexyIg
February 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM
when will someone work on the nation balance of prelude server?

L1onn
February 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
What does that have to do with this thread?

Tynaiden00
February 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
The Epic Armors are coming, the Epic Armors are coming. Repent now! They will only bestow their grace upon those untainted by KSing and Decking. The end-game is nigh!
<.<

Anyhow; I really hope something about max def/eva or at least a diminishing returns for both is going to be implimented some year or the gap between casual & non-CS players versus "cred-junkies" will kill the balance and maybe the influx of players.

Honstely I see little reason to pay multiple times more per month on a game than sub-based games when tons less content is available. Maybe 3.3 is an attempt to make it seem more reasonable by flooding content? ;]

I still like the game, just getting edgy with all the changes that have happened to AO (since and including ZOMG) as it appears to have larger swings of imbalance and/or indifference on long term issues like massively outdated and frankensteined game engine.

WALL O TEXT OVER; Question time:
If this is all about end-game, why dont they just make the midgame shorter and remove a lot of the older "end-game" content that isn't much more than nostalgia trophies? Also; if things are going to be changing so radically, wouldnt that be even more precedence for new engine or game?

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
If this is all about end-game, why dont they just make the midgame shorter...

Actually, they intend to make it so that you can pretty much get to 7x faster than what I already have setup. Of course there's a whole lot more to the picture than just that.

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM
EchoSaviour;79833']Actually, they intend to make it so that you can pretty much get to 7x faster than what I already have setup.

that only means they're going to make 92 the new 86 silly. ;)

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
that only means they're going to make 92 the new 86 silly. ;)

*Spoiler Estimation*
By this time next year, 100 should be the new 86. Coupled with a bazillion different changes. (Including getting there faster)

Don't take that as fact but as a guesstimate based on what I know may/may not be coming.

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
echosaviour;79835']*spoiler estimation*
by this time next year, 100 should be the new 86. Coupled with a bazillion different changes. (including getting there faster)

don't take that as fact but as a guesstimate based on what i know may/may not be coming.

hahahhahhaha koreans.

SexyIg
February 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
EchoSaviour;79835']*Spoiler Estimation*
By this time next year, 100 should be the new 86. Coupled with a bazillion different changes. (Including getting there faster)

Don't take that as fact but as a guesstimate based on what I know may/may not be coming.

and then what happens, game finished? sever close down?:D

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 03:58 PM
What happens, not allowed to say yet but I can say it doesn't stop there.

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
EchoSaviour;79841']What happens, not allowed to say yet but I can say it doesn't stop there.

obviously theres going to be flying space ants to complement the bees.

Tynaiden00
February 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
EchoSaviour;79841']What happens, not allowed to say yet but I can say it doesn't stop there.

Then you're locked into eternal Arena matches.... =3 Hopefully -not- with other versions unless they all have multiple fiber lines to each others arena servers.

Overall, shortening the grind to 71 will make end-game content easier to attain for new players but that will dramatically shorten the fighting experience they gain while grinding at current rate of XP gathering. I have a brooding sense of legions of WoW-esque nubs with hax equip QQ'ing about why they lose and that their opponents are OP when they still don't know half the game.

Hydrus
February 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
easier to level and more things to do... sounds like i may return if this happens..... but until then im still MIA even though none of you know who i am :p

yck
February 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Game stupid.
I quit.

This game will not be anything like SCO was anymore pretty soon.

3DSerg
February 8th, 2010, 04:12 PM
EchoSaviour;79835']
By this time next year, 100 should be the new 86.
Koreans making grinding easier?Why do I feel like something is wrong?:confused: Unless there is some cred involvement.If there is then it dose make sense.

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
EchoSaviour;79835']Don't take that as fact but as a guesstimate based on what I know may/may not be coming.

like the game being GPU supportive so I can run it off my graphics card? :D

FortunePaw
February 8th, 2010, 04:15 PM
After they release ep4, the maximum lv cap will be lv120, then 140 in ep5, and 160 in ep6...

hmmmmmm.......

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Game stupid.
I quit.

It will never be like SCO. People need to wake up to that already. I signed up to manage ACE Online, not SCO. All I can do is manage ACE Online. If people believe SCOv2 will return then they need to be brought back to reality cause constantly asking for the past won't happen when 90% of the actual gameflow has changed since.

Note: Rose Tinted Nostalgia Vision runs rampant. SCO was far from perfect.

yck
February 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
All these changes are retarded. Totally, TOTALLY INCOME-WISE.
I guess no one cares about the players anymore.

E: At least people had fun playing it.

FortunePaw
February 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM

"80s are awsum! 00s sux balls. Why can't we go back to 80s."

Things change. You either learn to adopt, or been left out, easy as that.

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
February 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Game stupid.
I quit.

Uh
Did you even play SCO?
Christ, everyone's trying to pretend they're vets of this game now.

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Last thing I want to do is turn this into an SCO nostalgia war....

Hydrus
February 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
to be perfectly honest i enjoy this game much more now than i did during SCO. but that may just be for the reason that in this game i'm not loathed by 90% of Joymus haha.. << in any case. I like the new changes, wish there were more options for us non cash-shop people (well i did $10 before >>) but meh go with the flow cause you wont find a better Futuristic Flight sim MMO.

Tynaiden00
February 8th, 2010, 04:27 PM
EchoSaviour;79861']...

Note: Rose Tinted Nostalgia Vision runs rampant. SCO was far from perfect.

I like seeing red while fighting. SCO was not perfect but it was more fun. Bigger not always better ;] I lived by K.I.S.S. in the Air Force for a reason. Surely there is at least one game everyone likes that was simply yet addictive (PopCap sure profits off that).

I look forward to seeing what the changes are, but my Italian-Red tinted Glasses shall remain up my forehead. "Those who cannot remember the past etc etc etc famous quote".

yck
February 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Uh
Did you even play SCO?
Christ, everyone's trying to pretend they're vets of this game now.

Yes I did.
And I did enjoyed playing it, although never said it was always perfect.
I don't know guys, do you really like it how it is right now? Asking about the game as itself, not only ACEonline.

Hydrus
February 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Yes I did.
I don't know guys, do you really like it how it is right now? Asking about the game as itself, not only ACEonline.
why yes i do like the game as it is, why? because i Despise grinding (i don't have a whole lot of time) i enjoy events, I enjoy having GM's that care, i enjoy having a decent community, i enjoy having a publisher who cares, and i enjoy having a game that gets updated! so yes i do enjoy the game much more.

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Game needs bigger, badder, stronger, more Bad-ass Space Bee's :D

JOHNSON A FARTSHIRE
February 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yes I did.

I'm about 99% sure that you were new to this game in general and posted about being new around when Marble was transferred (and playing like you didn't know what you were doing as well). But if you want to pretend, have at it.

Hydrus
February 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Game needs bigger, badder, stronger, more Bad-ass Space Bee's :D

always, space bee's are a must in this game, Maybe they will have a Hornian Emperor in 3-3!

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
always, space bee's are a must in this game, Maybe they will have a Hornian Emperor in 3-3!

A Giant Bee with two heads and two tails with gigantic butterfly wings?

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
EchoSaviour;79876']A Giant Bee with two heads and two tails with gigantic butterfly wings?

make that the boss of a new space bee hive map, located to the right of the map in G-Ark :V

Hydrus
February 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
be careful what you say echo, you never know when Masang are trolling these forums for asinine ideas.

Tynaiden00
February 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Space Bees are so '06. It's all about Space Bats now!

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
be careful what you say echo, you never know when Masang are trolling these forums for asinine ideas.

They don't have to troll these forums. Masang gets enough ideas from all the versions out there....

Ace NA
AirRivals UK / FR / DE / TK / ES / IT / etc etc (AR EU)
Ace Kr
Ace Jp
Ace Thai
Ace Viet
Ace Ch
Ace Taiwan
Ace Ru

Did I miss any?

DarkWuIf
February 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
EchoSaviour;79881']They don't have to troll these forums. Masang gets enough ideas from all the versions out there....

Ace NA
Ace Kr
Ace Jp
Ace Thai
Ace Viet
Ace Ch
Ace Taiwan
Ace Ru

Did I miss any?

... just looking at this list makes me wonder if ACE/SCO/AR/Whatever isn't the most globally distributed MMO out there, it's got to be close :P

That being said we can expect a new graphics engine any time now amirite?? :'(

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
EchoSaviour;79881']They don't have to troll these forums. Masang gets enough ideas from all the versions out there....

Ace NA
Ace Kr
Ace Jp
Ace Thai
Ace Viet
Ace Ch
Ace Taiwan
Ace Ru

Did I miss any?

Echo, did you intentionally leave out AR.net since they don't even update much less suggest new stuff to masang? :awsum:

or is it on there and just under some other acronym? :confused:

edit:

... just looking at this list makes me wonder if ACE/SCO/AR/Whatever isn't the most globally distributed MMO out there, it's got to be close :P

looking at that list it seems this game and lolmaplestory have the same amount of versions out, and im sure there are others with just as many if now more

Golden_Knight
February 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
warning,possible spiler calculation follows

minor bug fixes: unexpectedly getting stuck in a wall or floor when skimming the surface fo a gear kills...and thus exploding...should be ironed out in the first weeks following the new patch

a slight fix on the often wacky trajectories of edrills and arrows,and some of the faster missiles...firing 50 100% prob missiles at an enemy only to end up with a huge cloud of missiles swarming around your target and not hitting should be fixed

possible minor updates:

a gears seige mode should be slightly atered,so that infact it is more similar to the purpose of the i gear`s booster engines....hence whe an a gear turns on seige mode...the first thing that comes in target range will be fired at until it leaves reasonable targeting vicinity...hence firing at a target going 606 m/s isnt as easy as it sounds,especially if they can manuever at those speeds....so seige mode will be more like a turret mode,also in seige mode the computer takes over evrything,except for kitting,using skills,and so on...this can be turned off by pressing the c button since an a gear must remai nstill while using seige mode...because a target can be targeted far beyond the gun`s range,which can make targetting real threats a pain..in seige mode only targets within true lock on a range will be targeted...for example,if an a gear has radar soth equipped,and is using seige mode,nothing beyond 1200 meters will be targeted in any sense..only things within the spherical 1200 meter radius will be targeted

anywho just some thoughts on highly likely possibilitys for update:P

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
EchoSaviour;79821']Sadly the one feature that I really want them to throw out won't be arriving until about a year from now
to ask u about it i think is pointless but could u at least say which direction does it go ?
armor , weapon , bases , engine , gameplay or something else ?:awsum:

EchoSaviour;79833']Actually, they intend to make it so that you can pretty much get to 7x faster than what I already have setup. Of course there's a whole lot more to the picture than just that.

sry but this is pointless because to get to 7x u need maximum 1 week
with sleep and 24h withous sleep (not even with happy hour , with it ,just half of the time)

and if u have leg weapon it boost it even more :rolleyes:

Game stupid.
I quit.

sco = legend and legends never die :evil:

+9000
ONLY FUN whats MATTERS !

EchoSaviour;79881']
AirRivals to many people leaving it => empty server or shut down
Ace Jp survive
Ace Ch survive
Ace Ru will be closed soon anyways

Did I miss any?

fixed it :rolleyes:

ok my question :confused:
92 or +2 siege will it get any fix ? (like someone say nerf , something bad)
"attack" siege any fix ? ever ?
u say there is a lot of patches , if they ever going to fix it i just to prefer to quit 4eva now and this way i dont need to spend money for new pc , all other patches don't matter coz bg are broken enough every patch give them only more "brokeness"

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Echo, did you intentionally leave out AR.net since they don't even update much less suggest new stuff to masang? :awsum:

or is it on there and just under some other acronym? :confused:

The .net is technically the UK version as it's english. But thats what I've been told >_>

Philosoraptor
February 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
AR shall get 3.2 when we get episode 9, so who cares?

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 06:07 PM
AR dosn't give any input for 3.3

think about it, how can u give input of what needs 2 change when they don't even have 3.2?

Philosoraptor
February 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
AR dosn't give any input for 3.3

think about it, how can u give input of what needs 2 change when they don't even have 3.2?

Well, it took them a year to translate 3.2 into German. And now, they're gonna take another year doing it into English. And like Echo said, 3.3 is gonna be huge. 5 years to translate? :awsum:

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
February 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone whining that SCO was better: You enjoyed watching IGs outfeather every non-LionSniper weapon around Bark for hours at a time until fuel ran out and everyone pretended to have E Honor and vowed not to kit? BGs with 86 engines were gods? Boring ass Den Wars? No re-buffs after death, meaning you'd barely get to fight and then have to re-buy SP or town constantly?

SCO was more friendly for non-cash shop users, and the servers had more random pvp and better/longer fights (BECAUSE YOU COULD OUTFEATHER ALMOST EVERYTHING AND BIGSMASHES WERENT OVERPOWERED), but was otherwise a much worse game with much less content.

Also, I thought in that leaked powerpoint awhile back they said after level 100 you'd be able to go back to level 1 and have extra stat point bonus for doing so. At the time everyone laughed and said, "LOL KOREANS LV 100 LOL", but now that makes more sense. Also, In B4 "OMG BRING BACK THE HH, ECHO!"

Echo, the only question I want to have answered is: Confirm/Deny 86 BG engine gets nerfed in 3-3? Y/N/AnswersAreComing?

*EDIT* It's p funny that the Ep 3-3 updates make grinding as easy if not easier than NA AO's grind, when half of AR's playerbase claimed this was a nerfed version where GM's gave you everything (ergo it sucked, boo hiss, etc). Well, hopefully in 2 years when they get 3-3 they'll have changed their minds by then.

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Echo, the only question I want to have answered is: Confirm/Deny 86 BG engine gets nerfed in 3-3? Y/N/AnswersAreComing?

Answers Are Coming

You didn't leave many other options, so I opted for a modified option 3.

Btw, the easier grinding is actually just BEFORE ep3-3.

It'll be the last patch before the Ep3-3 patch (TEASER WARNING)

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
February 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
EchoSaviour;79935']Answers Are Coming

That's not a teaser, you gave all the info. Leveling patch exists, it comes right before 3-3.

A teaser would be something like: the first patch of 3-3 contains a MAJOR change for MGs. See, I didn't give out any real concrete info, but still gave a taste for FUUUUUUUUU posts to ensue.

Also, the 86 nerf either happens or doesn't. It SHOULD happen, but my guess is it won't.

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
It's an ep3-3 teaser lol.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM
EchoSaviour;79935']

that means no happy hour at all once we get 3.3 ?:XD:

JKRevan
February 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM
thats pretty traumatic =X

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM
that means no happy hour at all once we get 3.3 ?:XD:

Not really, I may keep the HH but I would need to actually thoroughly test 3.3 before making any judgements.

Ideally I may decide to do a transitional change

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Its all good but i dont want to see random 92 turk agears floating... err ground-siege-buble'ing around.

FortunePaw
February 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
So like, if they nerf'd bg 86 engine, not a big deal since everyone will just grind to hero and use the 92 batch fast engine thanks to the new "100 is the new 86" stuff echo's been saying.

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Level 100 bgs and ags.

derp.

Not really since every gear should be broken at 100.

SpaceHippo
February 8th, 2010, 06:40 PM
id say keep the ubar HH u have planned for a bit after 3.3 incase people miss the last patch due to vacation/school or something since im guessing we would get this around May/June which is exam time for many people or vacation time

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Like I said earlier, don't take the 100 is the new 86 as a fact yet.

Even I'm not even sure it'll happen anytime soon. Thats just basing it on the information that is floating around.

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I finish school in June :V

And then 3 months of freedom till i lose my worthless life in college.

SpaceHippo
February 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
i'm also guessing cause i remember you saying in another thread that there might be code optimizing...... could this be the super secret plan thats 1 year down the road?

EchoSaviour
February 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
i'm also guessing cause i remember you saying in another thread that there might be code optimizing...... could this be the super secret plan thats 1 year down the road?

1 Year down the road is new *censored* in the *censored*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
EchoSaviour;79953']Like I said earlier, don't take the 100 is the new 86 as a fact yet.

Even I'm not even sure it'll happen anytime soon. Thats just basing it on the information that is floating around.

its only floating around.... well... :(

but we stay at 4 gear types ?

Solar22
February 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM

no company ever truely cares about customers, they have good customer satisfaction to bring in more income. the entire idea of ACE, and SCO was to bring in money not to serve up smiles and happiness, the more money they get the happier they will be you need to realize that.

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
It would take the koreans about 6 years just to clean the code.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
February 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Also, I thought in that leaked powerpoint awhile back they said after level 100 you'd be able to go back to level 1 and have extra stat point bonus for doing so. At the time everyone laughed and said, "LOL KOREANS LV 100 LOL", but now that makes more sense. Also, In B4 "OMG BRING BACK THE HH, ECHO!"

Quoted myself, anyone else see that leaked powerpoint remember that info? Or am I completely making it up?

Trollpoke
February 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
EchoSaviour;79935']Answers Are Coming

no fu i refuse to grind

Hawkerace
February 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Go go johnwayne all the way to level 200 hell yaw

FortunePaw
February 8th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Quoted myself, anyone else see that leaked powerpoint remember that info? Or am I completely making it up?

The only powerpoint I remember reading was that *censored* files from that *censored* which resulted in server shutdown, which was basicly talking about ep3.2 stuff.

And no, I don't remember that leaked ep2 stuff have those things you mentioned.

RickTick
February 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Anyone whining that SCO was better: You enjoyed watching IGs outfeather every non-LionSniper weapon around Bark for hours at a time until fuel ran out and everyone pretended to have E Honor and vowed not to kit? BGs with 86 engines were gods? Boring ass Den Wars? No re-buffs after death, meaning you'd barely get to fight and then have to re-buy SP or town constantly?

QQ cant put on my slot armor and A/Btype kit w/o rolling.
SCO had some of the longest den wars that were fun at times also. Hell you could log off then on the next day and it would still be going. There were ways you could shoot down 86 ig's and 86 bg's (though bg's were harder) so bgears weren't god. If rebuffing after death was a serious problem you either had a crap build SP wise or was somehow broke in SCO.

SCO vs ACE was more fun in the ways people didn't have a lot of actual equipment defense, meaning you could shoot down a higher level(minus 80 mgears and 86 b's) and obviously vice versa, since most people had around 5-6k hp, so things took actual skill to survive. ACE on the otherhand, unless you have e9 minimum weapons with at least two good fixes or a hyperfix you will get simply outkitted by other people wearing a slot armor and S types. One igear should not be able to strap on a midspeed, war with it in a dogfight with 6 gears, and survive for a while without even having to roll due to kits, A types are fair game but at times S types just make PVP a kitwar.

back on track: looking forward to the "big update". Pandea slot armors? Rebuild cards for boss armors :confused: Or maybe even a revamped voting system and leaders being able to outfit a Mothership with new defense systems.

New game engine tia :'(

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM

New game engine tia :'(

i heard new game engine will be come with part 4 so its a long way to go

If rebuffing after death was a serious problem you either had a crap build SP wise or was somehow broke in SCO.

if i'm not wrong at sco SP regen were much higher \ better
not like at ace every 500 SP +1 SP every 3sec

Fr1skyDingo
February 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hmmm...

Ag's are balanced pretty well. Atk Ig's die, Eva Ig's live. Mg's can tank it. Def Bg's can tank it. Atk Bg's can tank it. Eva Bg's can tank it.

Ig's are probably the most balanced. Paper plane of doom vs. unhittable annoyance. But Bg's can 1 shot them.

Mg's are balanced because it takes really really really broken arrow for them to start doing noticeable damage. But Bg's can 1 shot them.

Now add that if it's *easier* to get to 92... More broken Bg's?

It'll take an engine nerf AND a 94 engine nerf AND a RD nerf AND a prob nerf to woos AND they'll need to fix the way 150 defense gives more % than 150 agility gives.

Dayum them some broken Bg's... my guess is more armors, +50% powerlevel sets, Black Assum Tea, WH boxes... and... well... maybe some broken event woos to really make the game Bg's Online.

Kyokun17
February 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
EchoSaviour;79915']The .net is technically the UK version as it's english. But thats what I've been told >_>

can we call the .net the LoL version? :V

xLProphet
February 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM
My only real question is will 3-3 allow the game to take advantage of Gfx cards?

Not really a spoiler :confused: So you should be able to say :awsum:

BullsI
February 8th, 2010, 08:40 PM
if i'm not wrong at sco SP regen were much higher \ better not like at ace every 500 SP +1 SP every 3sec

Your wrong. In SCO actually GETTING a boost in regen for increasing your sp was added. Before that you would just more sp. SCO mgears just didn't abuse purify to the extent it is now. (at least in my experience) Or if you go further back, didn't have purify at all. Otherwise all I remember from sco was endless den wars, invis making bgears untouchable... litterally, 3k's from attack igears, inability to hit eva igears, massive boa abuse, massive mgear logging in enemy maps abuse, agears having 2 spirit per skill point, mgears having 3 spirit per point, etc, etc, you get the point. My GOD Ace Online/AR are so much better. Its not even funny how much better they are. Oh and lets not forget the fact that it cost 3 times as much to get anything in the cash shop because gala's prices were ridiculous.

CAPTAIN PLANET
February 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
OBLIGATORY

Paintshop?????????????????????????????????????????

Hawkerace
February 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hmmm...

Ag's are balanced pretty well. Atk Ig's die, Eva Ig's live. Mg's can tank it. Def Bg's can tank it. Atk Bg's can tank it. Eva Bg's can tank it.

lol wat
What agears do you fight? -30ra?

OmgNaro
February 8th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hmmm...

Ig's are probably the most balanced. Paper plane of doom vs. unhittable annoyance. But Bg's can 1 shot them.

Mg's are balanced because it takes really really really broken arrow for them to start doing noticeable damage. But Bg's can 1 shot them.

Now add that if it's *easier* to get to 92... More broken Bg's?

It'll take an engine nerf AND a 94 engine nerf AND a RD nerf AND a prob nerf to woos AND they'll need to fix the way 150 defense gives more % than 150 agility gives.

Dayum them some broken Bg's... my guess is more armors, +50% powerlevel sets, Black Assum Tea, WH boxes... and... well... maybe some broken event woos to really make the game Bg's Online.

Uhhh no Havok/Hoyat can down me in under a sec. Like im sure they can out DPS my RA woos now....

AG+Pierce charm>MG

xLProphet
February 8th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Ags balanced? O.o

Hero Igear= Meh, decent. Hybrid build Hero = **** yeah 244/248 attack/eva = **** yeah. Has to be mobile
Hero Mgear = FFFFFF NEVER DIES. Has to be mobile.
Hero Bgear = Broken tanking/damage output. Has to be mobile
Hero Agear = Broken damage wise, tank wise [can't get close enough to kill it with 8k~ Dps] and can have really high attack or defense. Can stay completely stationary, hold left click and /km added

Jus' sayin..

Arturia Pendragon
February 8th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Your wrong. In SCO actually GETTING a boost in regen for increasing your sp was added. Before that you would just more sp. SCO mgears just didn't abuse purify to the extent it is now. (at least in my experience) Or if you go further back, didn't have purify at all. Otherwise all I remember from sco was endless den wars, invis making bgears untouchable... litterally, 3k's from attack igears, inability to hit eva igears, massive boa abuse, massive mgear logging in enemy maps abuse, agears having 2 spirit per skill point, mgears having 3 spirit per point, etc, etc, you get the point. My GOD Ace Online/AR are so much better. Its not even funny how much better they are. Oh and lets not forget the fact that it cost 3 times as much to get anything in the cash shop because gala's prices were ridiculous.

Speaking of boost, there was a glitch in sco where if you had 80% load-age, you had infinite boost.

Also, orange/black fox binder was the shet, and supremes will always be way more awesome than Bigsmashes.

IIYuriII
February 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Echo one last thing about the Ace of Aces events can you please give me 10 suba caps please since i forgot to check it. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
thank you

On-topic this will come weekdays maintenance or the next weeks one ?

BullsI
February 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Speaking of boost, there was a glitch in sco where if you had 80% load-age, you had infinite boost.

Also, orange/black fox binder was the shet, and supremes will always be way more awesome than Bigsmashes.

You just reminded me of the 600m/s agear.

ITS ME THE DOCTORGUY
February 8th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Completely forgot about Invis being soooo broken. Missiles unlocked, no search eyes, asjf;oiashf;iuawehfsdf. Yeah, don't miss that.

And if you weren't 86 in SCO and fighting 86 IG/BG, you'd have to use LionSnipers or Hawks to catch them. Period. Both of those were easy to avoid by turning.

Also, who wants den wars that last all day? Den wars are boring garbage then, and still are now.

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Even more when bcu is stacked with over 9000 agears.

Hawkerace
February 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Even more when bcu is stacked with over 9000 gears.

fix'd for truth.

VladTheImplier
February 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I was just counting the agears.

Trollpoke
February 9th, 2010, 12:25 AM
i don't do den wars. after so many long hours, its sickening now. den wars = play some other game.

BookiRetro
February 9th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Oh great the lvl cap will be increased...... yippe.:rolleyes: This better mean more/different skills.

jerdagz
February 9th, 2010, 06:41 AM
its really cool if the game is fair.. eva/def card are the reason of that..even veteran or ace cannot easily die because they have that..much better if no eva/def card so that the game will be fair...its really unfair to those low level, they were raped..hahahhah...

SynxterI
February 9th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Heya wynd. (H)

L1onn
February 9th, 2010, 07:20 AM
The only true balance is at 100.

DonVISIONe
February 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
echo, will be WP warehouse possible so we can use more then one gear to get wp things :/ ?
its annoying if u have like 50k on one gear and 50k on another gear.

alex 56
February 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Oh great the lvl cap will be increased...... yippe.:rolleyes: This better mean more/different skills.

imo increasing level cap will only bring about "lol im an agur with 300 eva and i still gots 50% def"

Mike Cosgrove
February 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM
imo increasing level cap will only bring about "lol im an agur with 300 eva and i still gots 50% def"

300 eva is impossible with agear, no matter what your CPU is.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
300 eva is impossible with agear, no matter what your CPU is.

2xx+ someting u can find pic of ag with 120 % eva on jap ace forums

Mike Cosgrove
February 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
2xx+ someting u can find pic of ag with 120 % eva on jap ace forums

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3945/whatz.png

2xx+ isn't, but I guess 120% evasion is possible if you really try. I doubt the event CPU's give more then 50 evasion.

gearpilot
February 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Anything about pierce hyperfixes? ;)

Trollpoke
February 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Anything about pierce hyperfixes? ;)

lolgameborke

FortunePaw
February 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM
lolmoarmgqq

fixed. :XD:

Shuffl3z
February 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM
so like , we are going to get some of EP3-3 from time to another? well that is awesome actually
e: also would the game work fine with DDR3 Rams? just asking and i didn't try it yet.

EchoSaviour
February 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
so like , we are going to get some of EP3-3 from time to another? well that is awesome actually
e: also would the game work fine with DDR3 Rams? just asking and i didn't try it yet.

I have no clue what you're trying to say in the first bit of your post.

As with DDR3 Rams...I really have no clue. "Theoretically" should work but we all know by now how wild of a tangent "theoretically" can go with this game.

Trollpoke
February 9th, 2010, 02:25 PM
EchoSaviour;80320']I have no clue what you're trying to say in the first bit of your post.

As with DDR3 Rams...I really have no clue. "Theoretically" should work but we all know by now how wild of a tangent "theoretically" can go with this game.

they work theoretically. unless there's some gigantic logical flaw casued by ddr3 and/or movement to native x64 computing environment in the game engine thats been compounded by bad codeing, it should work fine.

but then again...

metalzwn
February 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Translation: So, like, we are going to get some of Ep. 3-3 from time to time (As in, Ep. 3-3 will be coming over a series of patches...As if
Ep. 3-2 didn't come over a series of patches.)? Awesome.

xLProphet
February 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Echo, PM box again :awsum:

So liek, is there going to be any compatibility with with gfx cards? V:

NotSubaGamer
February 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I bet re-coding the game to implement graphics card would take devs 2 years minimum.

xLProphet
February 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM
The engines been out for 10 years so V:

EchoSaviour
February 9th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Ok now you guys are just asking me for the moon again lol.

DonVISIONe
February 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
echo, will be WP warehouse possible so we can use more then one gear to get wp things :/ ?
its annoying if u have like 50k on one gear and 50k on another gear.

(quote myself) and still :confused:

Mike Cosgrove
February 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
EchoSaviour;80400']Ok now you guys are just asking me for the moon again lol.

we already have moon maps :confused:

VladTheImplier
February 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM
So liek, is there going to be any compatibility with with gfx cards? V:
You sir are funny.

Monkeynucleosis
February 9th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hmmm..... grinding to level 100 only to start over from level 1 with more stats.....
Sounds like MW2's "Prestige" system to me :V

xLProphet
February 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hmmm..... grinding to level 100 only to start over from level 1 with more stats.....
Sounds like MW2's "Prestige" system to me :V

ikr

bytessssssss

JKRevan
February 9th, 2010, 11:45 PM
EchoSaviour;80400']Ok now you guys are just asking me for the moon again lol.

i can answer that with a series of songs =3

Blue Moon - Frank Sinatra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_AxV8q1Zs

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a love of my own

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked the Moon had turned to gold

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a love of my own

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a love of my own

Happy times - Bob Crosby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAsUPgc3HC8&feature=player_embedded

Wish on the moon
And look for the gold in a rainbow
And you’ll find happy time

You’ll hear a tune
That lives in the heart of a bluebird
And you’ll find happy time

Though things may look very dark
Your dream is not in vain
For when do you find the rainbow?
Only after rain
So wish on the moon
And someday it may be tomorrow
You will suddenly hear chimes
And you’ll have your happy, happy time

So wish on the moon
And someday it may be tomorrow
You will suddenly hear chimes
And you’ll have your happy, happy time.

Fly me to the moon - Frank Sinatra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szih3b2DwOo&feature=player_embedded#

Fly me to the moon and
Let me play amoung the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me

Fill my heart with song and
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true
In other words, I'm in love with you

Fill my heart with song and
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true
In other words
In other words,
I, I love, I love you

FourOhOne
February 10th, 2010, 12:24 AM
**** yeah, Frank Sinatra :awsum:

Philosoraptor
February 10th, 2010, 02:44 AM
So, what exactly is going to happen in this easy grind patch? Huge ass HH? new maps? :V And how long till we get it because I might just wait instead of grinding now.

Shuffl3z
February 10th, 2010, 05:45 AM
So, what exactly is going to happen in this easy grind patch? Huge ass HH? new maps? :V And how long till we get it because I might just wait instead of grinding now.

5 hours a grind every day and you should hit 92 after 20 days (that if you were grinding the same speed as a BG on BL).

Philosoraptor
February 10th, 2010, 05:53 AM
5 hours a grind every day and you should hit 92 after 20 days (that if you were grinding the same speed as a BG on BL).

I get 1.5% an hour, at least until I get can a 30 day pol =\

Shuffl3z
February 10th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I get 1.5% an hour, at least until I get can a 30 day pol =\

Well then my theory is correct. so you don't have to wait till they release that patch.

Philosoraptor
February 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Well then my theory is correct. so you don't have to wait till they release that patch.

But, but...I'm a lazy *****

EchoSaviour
February 10th, 2010, 10:20 AM

No HH's, no new maps.

Just a complete overhaul of how fast a player reaches level 70...

It's a patch, how does HH = patch...

Tynaiden00
February 10th, 2010, 10:26 AM
EchoSaviour;80677']No HH's, no new maps.

Just a complete overhaul of how fast a player reaches level 70...

It's a patch, how does HH = patch...

I.E.: Lazy devs just tweeking mobs up to lvl70 experience payout on death. That's not even coding, that's a database update...:'( I'm getting a feeling no real reworking of code and more sloppy additions of 'it works mostly' code. Just what it sounds like so far. Unless they do even less work and make getting +XP% items easier or have higher %.

Still don't know what the future holds but I -do- what's happened in the past ;] I'll sit with my half empty glass and ponder more as Echo slowly teases us to patch day.

EchoSaviour
February 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Umm...it's a bit more than just changing the exp rates....

but i'm not allowed to tell.

Tynaiden00
February 10th, 2010, 10:32 AM
A lil more enticing but my glass isn't any fuller. Now the water sparkles occasionally =3

Edit: No wai, new missions maybe? I'll be fully surprised if so.

Shuffl3z
February 10th, 2010, 11:00 AM
A lil more enticing but my glass isn't any fuller. Now the water sparkles occasionally =3

Edit: No wai, new missions maybe? I'll be fully surprised if so.

a side story missions for pandea.

Tynaiden00
February 10th, 2010, 11:04 AM
a side story missions for pandea.

Attack of Cobra V.2? XD

Also: Echo, don't you have forum golems to rearrange this stuff for you? Yer a busy enough man already I'd imagine.

If not and you still have a few minutes, yell at the webguys: the new CP is too clunky, slow, and not saving any changes I make on the signature. Whip them or something, its horribad.

Saccharide
February 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Also: Echo, don't you have forum golems to rearrange this stuff for you? Yer a busy enough man already I'd imagine.

I moved all the call for feedback threads into the new feedback portal. This consolidation should make it easier for users to place their feedback and make it easier for us to check.

Trollpoke
February 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Saccharide;80718']*rumble*rumble*i r stealthdevil the fourm golemz *rumble*rumble*

http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/ani076.gif

fixed.

Saccharide
February 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/ani076.gif

fixed.
That requires trading or Game Shark.

AnimaxSquareCow
February 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
EchoSaviour;80681']Umm...it's a bit more than just changing the exp rates....

but i'm not allowed to tell.

we will know it soon or later...
and changing the exp rates is totally gay. its ok how it is!

you broke the game more and more in my opinion.....
:'(

EchoSaviour
February 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM
we will know it soon or later...
and changing the exp rates is totally gay. its ok how it is!

you broke the game more and more in my opinion.....
:'(

Who said I chose this.

This should end up being standardized in all versions in the future as far as I know.

AnimaxSquareCow
February 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
EchoSaviour;80788']Who said I chose this.

This should end up being standardized in all versions in the future as far as I know.

it wasnt against u echo.
i know thats not your "fault". :p

but im pretty sure u know it too -> more patches = more QQ = more support requests = more work for u

isit 100% this exp rate thing?

EchoSaviour
February 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
it wasnt against u echo.
i know thats not your "fault". :p

but im pretty sure u know it too -> more patches = more QQ = more support requests = more work for u

isit 100% this exp rate thing?

I don't know, i don't even know the full details. I just know it'll speed up leveling lol.

AnimaxSquareCow
February 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
EchoSaviour;80795']I don't know, i don't even know the full details. I just know it'll speed up leveling lol.

.......your precision is awesum echo >.<

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
February 10th, 2010, 05:24 PM
EchoSaviour;80795']I don't know, i don't even know the full details. I just know it'll speed up leveling lol.

echo but u talk all the time only about level 70

for exaple me , im beyong level 70 a longr time ago
so nothing new special ?:awsum:

Bump: where is EDIT BUTTON ???????? :mad:

EchoSaviour
February 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
The info had the title "Action for Biginners" (Typo included)

But if it's stuff like new missions, then it may help the high lvl players...a little...

Amarin
February 10th, 2010, 08:08 PM
EchoSaviour;80861']The info had the title "Action for Biginners" (Typo included)

But if it's stuff like new missions, then it may help the high lvl players...a little...

still better than nothing , btw could we get daily mission ?
it could recharge every 24h or at 00:00 serva time
u have to kill 1 mob or something like this (nothing difficult)

i think this should improve mod of newbies to continue playing this game
(i hope its not kill 30000 mobs .... )

why mission can't be just simple :confused:
kill 1 mob of this kind 1 mob of this kind and 1 mob of this kind , not annoying and fun somehow too, they changed missions since 3.2 and now its not fun at all to do them

AnimaxSquareCow
February 11th, 2010, 07:12 AM
pandea side storys gogogo

Nozah
February 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
still better than nothing , btw could we get daily mission ?
it could recharge every 24h or at 00:00 server time

I very much like this idea :V

13akuryu
February 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM

couldn't be more with you on that lol..this game just get worse and worse..they dont try to find a way that players have more fun. its just how are we gonna make money...how to keep them playing 22 hours a day and spend 200$ a month. really im starting to realise i wasted all my time here cause no matter how much skill i have.i refuse to spend i dunno how much money to get all my stuff e12..get an eva armor make some hax arrows 150% prob flying at 800 secs...its nothing about have skill but being a no life with a lot of money.. and dont pretend its all about masang who decides how everything is gonna be...on phidoi they have like 50 sg for the price of 3 here...

echo you signed for ace online and 90% of the stuff changed? wtf changed? we have all the same old maps..same old mobs..same sh*t missions and theres nothing to do in that game but grind grind grind.. eh ep3 maps..isnt that nice i got a evasion armor and i can kill a mob every 30 seconds if im not using a stealth card. you fu**d balance by trying to make everything easier but only end up you made a huuuge gap between no lifes and people who play few hours a day/ week..

seriously i spent around 100 to 200k credits big big max since the begining of the server.. what i got from that? oh one decent rea arrow 67 now on my mg alt.. i spent 30k on a $%#??$ stupid exo that got nothing else but look cool cause we tough after so much time without updates this could be good and hopefully i traded it for a script..im just laughing at those who spent token to get the 2-3 first armors. i spent 40k on ONE prefix..my $?@#& pumkin smash got lvl 50 and i got a pierce rea fix ok great i got damn luck and i should maybe kept it at 37% rea 12% pierce cause it was damn great... WTF IN WRONG WITH GAMBLES?? i got 5 pierce fixes in a row and now i got a dmg fix ..ok rea must be hard to get gna gna gna...why do i feel like i got fu**d somewhere? before it was only atck fixes now its only pierce..

so now echo i got a real question after all that whining..tell me seriously..with ep3.3 ...should i quit ace online go buy a ps3 euh what 300$, buy 3-4 decent games..euh 150$ then have fun for years...or should i plan have a new career where i can work 1 hour a day and make 150 000$ a year so i can afford playing ace online?

OmgNaro
February 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
couldn't be more with you on that lol..this game just get worse and worse..they dont try to find a way that players have more fun. its just how are we gonna make money...how to keep them playing 22 hours a day and spend 200$ a month. really im starting to realise i wasted all my time here cause no matter how much skill i have.i refuse to spend i dunno how much money to get all my stuff e12..get an eva armor make some hax arrows 150% prob flying at 800 secs...its nothing about have skill but being a no life with a lot of money.. and dont pretend its all about masang who decides how everything is gonna be...on phidoi they have like 50 sg for the price of 3 here...

echo you signed for ace online and 90% of the stuff changed? wtf changed? we have all the same old maps..same old mobs..same sh*t missions and theres nothing to do in that game but grind grind grind.. eh ep3 maps..isnt that nice i got a evasion armor and i can kill a mob every 30 seconds if im not using a stealth card. you fu**d balance by trying to make everything easier but only end up you made a huuuge gap between no lifes and people who play few hours a day/ week..

seriously i spent around 100 to 200k credits big big max since the begining of the server.. what i got from that? oh one decent rea arrow 67 now on my mg alt.. i spent 30k on a $%#??$ stupid exo that got nothing else but look cool cause we tough after so much time without updates this could be good and hopefully i traded it for a script..im just laughing at those who spent token to get the 2-3 first armors. i spent 40k on ONE prefix..my $?@#& pumkin smash got lvl 50 and i got a pierce rea fix ok great i got damn luck and i should maybe kept it at 37% rea 12% pierce cause it was damn great... WTF IN WRONG WITH GAMBLES?? i got 5 pierce fixes in a row and now i got a dmg fix ..ok rea must be hard to get gna gna gna...why do i feel like i got fu**d somewhere? before it was only atck fixes now its only pierce..

so now echo i got a real question after all that whining..tell me seriously..with ep3.3 ...should i quit ace online go buy a ps3 euh what 300$, buy 3-4 decent games..euh 150$ then have fun for years...or should i plan have a new career where i can work 1 hour a day and make 150 000$ a year so i can afford playing ace online?
Well what do you think echo wants?
You to quit
or an extra 150G a year?
J/K

TBH you dont need to spend any money on this game
****ing hawker had like 800M without selling credits

KKKAAAANNN
April 1st, 2010, 07:02 AM
echo when the server reset ??? can u give me server reset time ? :confused:

ArtoriusDivinus
April 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
echo when the server reset ??? can u give me server reset time ? :confused: