PDA

View Full Version : domo classes and races

Shazaki
February 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
will there be advantages to using certain classes with certain races? i see the website has recommendations for each race? how will that pan out? will there be certain skills? or will it be like an attribute scaling type thing? (shura cant build mana as easy as physical attack) also, how would that work with subbing classes like doc on solo dancer? just wondering, and sorry if this isnt the right place to ppost this, idk where else to do it

MistralFarer
February 2nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
I, too, wonder about that. Honestly, I kinda want something more than just aesthetics.

DoMO used to have special stat attributes assigned to each race, aside the barely noticeable movement/flight speed where Sprites<Humans/Sylphs<Shuras. And it was before it even left China's shores, I believe. It would certainly make the game more interesting or a new experience to me if it's not the exact same English-DoMO. Unfortunately, I'm taking whatever on SG's DoMO website with more than just a grain of salt. It is poorly done as some of the information is completely off point and leaves a lot to be desired.

Of the four available categories under DoMO, I think this thread is fine where it is.

LadyMae
February 2nd, 2015, 09:46 PM
I don't think the differences are so drastic that it puts certain races at a clear disadvantage in comparison to other races. I've played on both Shura and Sylph as Shammy and I could say if there was a difference, I didn't notice it.

Divini
February 2nd, 2015, 10:17 PM
I heard some races fly slightly faster or something, but not enough to care much about.

I might've said something about the types for each races..... then I got to the Sprite's "Type: Childlike" and kinda scratched my head.

Oxycore
February 2nd, 2015, 10:34 PM
Sprites have +1 move speed, while shuras have -1 move speed.

Each race also has a unique necklace.

Summerstream
February 2nd, 2015, 10:54 PM
You can change classes as you play too. You're not set into a class once you change to it.

Races are pretty aesthetic There's just the movement speeds that differ.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2015, 10:58 PM
Honestly the differences between races (be it stats or run speed) are so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable unless you are looking for it. If Sylphs don't "run" slower than anyone else, then it's just a trick of the eye because they aren't technically "running". Just because the lore says that Sylphs are supposed to be better at magic than other races, doesn't mean that being a Sylph will give you a noticeable edge if you're playing a Wizard versus say a Shura. Just be whatever race you think looks the best because that's really all that the races bring to the table. Unfortunately there is no permanent way to change your race, so make sure you pick the one you wanna stick with (though there are transformation boxes, but the transformation isn't permanent - even with a permanent duration box you still have to turn the transformation off to change jobs and your avatar that people see will still be of your original race).

This game isn't as bad as FFXI in terms of how much the race really does matter when picking your class (or vice versa). The differences noted on the site are more for lore purposes than anything else. Though if you are worried about it, I recommend going Human since they are the neutral race.

Carecrow
February 2nd, 2015, 11:49 PM
Shuras run unbearably slowly. Don't play Shura, it's a pretty gimped race.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2015, 11:54 PM
Shuras run unbearably slowly. Don't play Shura, it's a pretty gimped race.

I always played a Shura and never noticed myself running any slower than anyone...Then again I played female and not male and I notice the male's running animation is slower, but I just assume it's cuz they're huge dudes with long legs and don't need to take as many steps to get just as far...

Shazaki
February 3rd, 2015, 12:38 AM
i see what everyone is saying, if you cant tell by my avatar and sig i do have a fair amount of experience in domo, i just wasnt sure since its been a few years since ive last played(aeria losing domo) and wasnt sure if they made those kind of changes to TW domo, but thanks for all the help guys, pretty sure im going sprite again lol, sprites are the best :COOL:

Carecrow
February 3rd, 2015, 01:03 AM
i see what everyone is saying, if you cant tell by my avatar and sig i do have a fair amount of experience in domo, i just wasnt sure since its been a few years since ive last played(aeria losing domo) and wasnt sure if they made those kind of changes to TW domo, but thanks for all the help guys, pretty sure im going sprite again lol, sprites are the best :COOL:

Yeah the stats are conclusive. Sprite confirmed best race.

Gambachi
February 3rd, 2015, 07:40 AM
Sprites have +1 move speed, while shuras have -1 move speed.

Each race also has a unique necklace.

True about the necklaces but don't stress out about that too much as each job has its own necklace as well which could be more beneficial depending on your build than the race specific ones.

NotHereCantDelete
February 3rd, 2015, 08:17 AM
Yeah back on aeria Domo with my wizard main I'd always use the wizard necklace over the sylph race one.
Only real advantage the race ones had was that I think they came out first..

Carecrow
February 3rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah back on aeria Domo with my wizard main I'd always use the wizard necklace over the sylph race one.
Only real advantage the race ones had was that I think they came out first..

and if you're hobo, you can use the same necklace on multiple classes?

NotHereCantDelete
February 3rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
True, though in that case you wouldn't wanna be a sylph BM 'cos the necklace would be pretty useless.
I guess it depends if you're talking about earlier on or later in the game, later in the game you probably should know what you're gonna main and should focus on a job necklace, but earlier / mid the race necklaces can be pretty useful.

Kitababie
February 3rd, 2015, 05:17 PM
Only necklaces I ever used were hp necks... never even bought/tried the job/race ones

Summerstream
February 3rd, 2015, 07:43 PM
I used the BM job neck for the attack speed buff. Rolled an ASPD BM on my sylph.

FireaArt
February 3rd, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'd say keep the aeria differences how they had it. Just the slight movement speed difference. If you made any race better at some classes than others, the whole, being able to change your job thing becomes less fun.

Miantra
February 12th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I just noticed the race/class thing myself and was wondering about that. Has there been any updates on this, or anyone who knows? From what I know of the Aeria version, it used to be exactly what they described here, but then it was changed to be everyone was equal (I think all races=human). Personally, I'm a Sylph mage either way (and that was the reason for my initial race/class choice) so it makes no difference to me, but it might give more incentive for someone to use races like Male Shura if there's an actual advantage to using them. Otherwise, nobody uses them.

KiyomiHime
February 12th, 2015, 05:52 PM
i dont see how no matter what race you go it does int bother me weather it magic or physical i mena i have had a 43 merc sprite along with a 40-44 muse human and a 50 fencer/doc/muse shura in the past