PDA

View Full Version : Close beta rewards?

Shadowperson6
February 4th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I was just wondering if there would be any type of reward for being part of the close beta like a title or if you reach a certain level with X amount of jobs you get a pet token. If so that would be amazing, if not then time to try different builds till system wipe.

Carecrow
February 4th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Doubt there will be any achievement based rewards

JerryxpluF2561e
February 4th, 2015, 11:30 AM
It is possible I think. Won't be that hard to give like a little title or maybe a little vanity hat. I do vaguely remember Aeriagames gave like a tittle for close beta called Aeria's little helper. But it's been many years so I can be wrong... If not maybe something small like fireworks, speed pills, little exp badge or whatever. Or maybe special rewards for finding and reporting bugs to gm. I am more curious on how long the close beta will last. Hopefully not too long as I am eager to start playing again :D

ZenDragoon
February 4th, 2015, 01:52 PM
We're looking into the possibility of this but don't hold your breath because if it's not easy and requires a great deal of time investigation to do this, we won't be able to do it as we can't neglect our other responsibilities as GM's in order to do this.

Kirbychu
February 4th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Aeria gave out Closed Beta flags (the title "Aeria's Lil' Helper" I believe was from a Christmas event).

Here's a picture of it taken from the DOMO Wiki:

I would like this again if possible as a Closed Beta reward.

EDIT: Also I believe the item itself is called "OB Flag" even though it says Closed Beta on it (if that helps you find it).

Mewie
February 4th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Aeria gave out Closed Beta flags (the title "Aeria's Lil' Helper" I believe was from a Christmas event).

Here's a picture of it taken from the DOMO Wiki:

I would like this again if possible as a Closed Beta reward.

EDIT: Also I believe the item itself is called "OB Flag" even though it says Closed Beta on it (if that helps you find it).

Aww. Scoll <3

GairoKun
February 4th, 2015, 03:30 PM
The CB reward for GT domo was the title Ancient Soul

XplodingGoats
February 4th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I vote no reward because DOMO is coming back and that's what everyone wished for, for so long to relive this game.

Ghirahim
February 4th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I don't really mind about a reward, but it'd be cool I guess.

Shadowperson6
February 4th, 2015, 05:30 PM
only reason I ask is mostly cause I'm a slow leveler so if there was something specific required it be nice to know early so I can focus on it from the get go. It would only be a bonus still going to play domo regardless of it, just trying to get a heads up is all.

ChallengerAhri
February 4th, 2015, 05:35 PM
A small title would be nice, but totally not necessary. Most of us are veterans anyway, it'd just be nice to get our hands on the game again. Funny how I waited 4 months patiently for the release, but the remaining 9 days are actually the most difficult :ROLLEYES:

Succubusty
February 4th, 2015, 06:18 PM
A small title would be nice, but totally not necessary. Most of us are veterans anyway, it'd just be nice to get our hands on the game again. Funny how I waited 4 months patiently for the release, but the remaining 9 days are actually the most difficult :ROLLEYES:

Quoted for truth. Now that I know it'll be in 9 days... it's getting so hard to wait.
To the point where I can't think of things to do online anymore because all I want to do is play DOMO xD

Sugimori
February 4th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Yea it would be cool to have this. If you are unable to put forth the resources to get this coded in for the CB people, you could probably auto-generate a list of people and reward them later when you have the time. But what do I know, I'm no GM and I suck at coding xD. It's just nice to have something that shows who was there from the very beginning supporting the game. Thanks again for bringing this back Suba!

Kirbychu
February 4th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I'd imagine that the Closed Beta flag costume would already be in the massive horde of files that Suba got from Softstar, it's just a matter of finding it and putting it in. Honestly I'd rather have the flag than a title...I'd rather use a title that gave me stats rather than one that showed off that I was in CB (and I hate combining titles cuz without spaces it just looks dumb).

LadyMae
February 4th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Funny how I waited 4 months patiently for the release, but the remaining 9 days are actually the most difficult

^

Shazaki
February 4th, 2015, 11:04 PM
yea, i would like to have something to show the difference, its ok if you cant just cause we are getting domo and it is time consuming, just would be nice lol

Succubusty
February 4th, 2015, 11:41 PM
I don't even care for an item. Noone used those ugly flags anyways. But a closed beta title would be nice. c:

Carecrow
February 4th, 2015, 11:45 PM
I don't even care for an item. Noone used those ugly flags anyways. But a closed beta title would be nice. c:

Yeah I'd rather have a title I will never use than a costume piece I will never wear.

Kirbychu
February 5th, 2015, 12:29 AM

I wore mine...but to each their own I guess...

Having the closed beta flag AND a title would make everyone happy I suppose...

Pixiie
February 5th, 2015, 04:02 AM
that would be v.nice indeed, can only hope for it hun <3

AndreaY
February 5th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Make it more elite and give reward only to the ones that were reporting (not already reported) errors.

This will incentivate a real closed beta, too much times I see closed betas ending, and when open starts, some people whining about this or that on day 1, that still were an issue on closed but nooone arsed to report it :EEK:

Maybe if a title is unnecessary more work on an already busy schedule, a little Suba Point reward may help too :evil:

Carecrow
February 5th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Make it more elite and give reward only to the ones that were reporting (not already reported) errors.

Let the title be known as "AKFrost's Exclusive Title"?

AndreaY
February 5th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Any suggestion welcome :evil:

Edit:

As long as we all know nothing of this version, make it you also get a penalty if you report an already reported, or not existing, error.

That makes anyone that full knows bugs of the past, think twice before post them without look if error still in place, first :p

BlightBoy17
February 5th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Well I don't wish for CB reward because I will not be playing the CB xD (will use my time for monster hunter till the OB) , so yea call me selfish! unless the reward is easy to get (nothing like get to 20+) as the max i would bother with is level 10 in a CB hehe.

Ghirahim
February 5th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Well I don't wish for CB reward because I will not be playing the CB xD (will use my time for monster hunter till the OB) , so yea call me selfish! unless the reward is easy to get (nothing like get to 20+) as the max i would bother with is level 10 in a CB hehe.

I would say you should play the CB, but MH is undeniably a good use of time, so carry on.

BlightBoy17
February 5th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I would say you should play the CB, but MH is undeniably a good use of time, so carry on.

The thing is when open beta comes i will use all my free time on domo so there will be no time for MH , this why i am using the close beta time on MH.
If it happened and they announced a reward and it was decent enough i would try to hit the needed level (decent reward means something like exp boost , titles or a flag are not so needed for me)

And have fun guys on the CB.

Succubusty
February 5th, 2015, 02:29 PM

This will incentivate a real closed beta, too much times I see closed betas ending, and when open starts, some people whining about this or that on day 1, that still were an issue on closed but nooone arsed to report it :EEK:

Maybe if a title is unnecessary more work on an already busy schedule, a little Suba Point reward may help too :evil:
I thought this was a pretty good idea actually. Give a CB reward to anyone who submits a bug/error during CB. It's definitely something that they might not have time to set up, unfortunately, since there's basically like a week left. But still, a good idea.

DOMOAKFrost
February 5th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Let the title be known as "AKFrost's Exclusive Title"?

And you'd get it anyway.

Ananki
February 5th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I think they should give out the CB flag again. I always like collecting things like that.

LMini
February 6th, 2015, 01:47 AM
give everyone 1mil gold pls

DOMOAKFrost
February 6th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Any suggestion welcome :evil:

Edit:

As long as we all know nothing of this version, make it you also get a penalty if you report an already reported, or not existing, error.

That makes anyone that full knows bugs of the past, think twice before post them without look if error still in place, first :p

penalizing people for doing free work for you, great strategy.

You're guaranteed to get 0 bug reports if you even threaten to penalize free testers.

AndreaY
February 6th, 2015, 05:09 AM
You're guaranteed to get 0 bug reports if you even threaten to penalize free testers

As said before, any suggestion is welcome!

Yes adding a penalty can have this side effect. If you have any suggestion on avoid the possibility of people flooding forum with same error on multiple threads, or with errors they know from the past without even check them, you free to say it ;)

Edit: yep punishing help is no good but context there, were a sort of event with prizes and therefore, rules, so it was not punishing but simply some sort of rule about "how calculate your prize". Just keep that of mine, some suggestion and no willing of any kind of punishment!

If we let it stay as 'a little prize' to the first time contributor on the given bug, I think it is safe do not care the duplicate reports and let them have no effect.:-)

Minoru101
February 9th, 2015, 05:23 AM
It would be nice, but it will most likely be mp and hp pills, nothing big. Imagine if they gave out Nurse Saras. LOL

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I think some of us first time Domo players would appreciate being able to get our hands on some Closed Beta exclusives like that flag that was shown earlier....
Sure it might not mean much to the veterans here but to those who aren't veterans it could mean a whole lot....