PDA

View Full Version : Suba! CB Questions!

ElectyDaltic
February 5th, 2015, 05:26 PM
So everyone is excited about knowing when we can hope back into the game; however, it is closed beta and we only know the start date. So there are some questions that am sure the majority of us are wondering about and would love answers to!

1) How long is this CB estimated to last?
This is a question I don't think most of us care about since we just want to play and progress towards OB.

2) Will everything be cleared?
Everyone is assuming yes (mainly putting it in for the off chance).

3) How many servers are going to be up for CB and the names of the servers?
Guilds and friends want to start on the same server and if numbers are estimated to needing two this is needed information!

4) If there is only one CB server, what are the chances of two once OB hits?

5) What's on the checklist for needing to be checked and fixed for OB to launch?
Everyone knows bugs need to be tested, most people know the server(s) needs to be stressed. But, if there is anything else most won't know and as much as we're happy to play, we want it to enter OB as soon as possible

6) Any word on when valve support will be finished for the game to be available for play on steam?
Okay so this isn't really about CB.

I'm sure other questions will be posted by other players waiting to play.

Succubusty
February 5th, 2015, 05:43 PM
1. 3 weeks.

2. Yes.

3. There'll likely only be one server, so it may not even be named. If it does have a name, it hasn't been disclosed yet.

4. Probably very slim. Usually games only add a second server if the first one is overloaded on a regular basis to the point where it causes problems. We won't know if a second one is needed for a while, once the population normalizes.

5. We haven't been given a checklist nor do I think we need one. What's left to be done is on the GMs, mods, and devs. I wholeheartedly believe that's not something they necessarily need to share with us, since I'd rather they be spending their time working on the game & getting everything ready, than walking us through a step-by-step of "this is how you set up a game." So just relax, trust them to do their jobs, and wait until it's done rather than worrying about what needs to be done.

6. Nothing has been announced in regards to that yet.

Hope that helps. o;

ElectyDaltic
February 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks for reply, 5 is mainly just if there is something they're worried about on a large scale that they don't want just from their experience testing it.

Kitababie
February 5th, 2015, 06:13 PM
1. 3 weeks.

2. Yes.

3. There'll likely only be one server, so it may not even be named. If it does have a name, it hasn't been disclosed yet.

4. Probably very slim. Usually games only add a second server if the first one is overloaded on a regular basis to the point where it causes problems. We won't know if a second one is needed for a while, once the population normalizes.

5. We haven't been given a checklist nor do I think we need one. What's left to be done is on the GMs, mods, and devs. I wholeheartedly believe that's not something they necessarily need to share with us, since I'd rather they be spending their time working on the game & getting everything ready, than walking us through a step-by-step of "this is how you set up a game." So just relax, trust them to do their jobs, and wait until it's done rather than worrying about what needs to be done.

6. Nothing has been announced in regards to that yet.

Hope that helps. o;

^ What she said. 4 - Mod said they're more than likely only having one server at first. 6 - I'd like to think they'll finish stuff with steam while we're doing CB.

Einheart
February 5th, 2015, 08:38 PM
I'm actually wondering if we will have the title (with stats) included in CBT or not, o.o
And those daily events if any (referring to IC Domo) :P

AndreaY
February 6th, 2015, 05:26 AM
About the checklist, that is unlikely, as long as that means GMs are already aware of the bug.

Most likely, we are supposed to find something that have been overlook, as example a translation of some item or dialog, mispelled or still not translated, bugged quests and things alike.