PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Forum Event Discussion Thread

AndreaY
February 6th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Hello all!
I am willing to make the closed beta start more interesting, making an event based on that.

This thread is to discuss the ruling, in order to let it start in the best possible way, and possibily with any concern addressed, as example why had set up this or that rule, etc.

Feel free make your comments here

Thank you everyone :X

Here the event details to be discusses on this thread:

The Prizes
50,000 Suba Points will be distributed to the winners;
The winners can redeem their prize asking for one item of their choose from cash shop, whose price does not exceed a given amount, that will be communicated at the end of the event, when winners are announced;

How to partecipate
To be eligible for the event, you just have to:
post on forum one thread for one bug you found in game (one thread with multiple bugs are not eligible and void);
the bug must have not been reported before (any subsequent thread is not eligible and void);
reply to this thread, with only the link to your own thread (comments about this event will stay on another dedicated thread);

Other rules
one member cannot win more than one prize (you can submit multiple threads for more bugs, to help your ranking);
one member cannot post new bugs until at least six hours have passed from last submission (any new posted bug before six hours is not eligile and void);
all the users on forum have three days to check your bug report on its own thread and can challenge your report, giving valid reason (challenges without valid reasons are void);
after three days from forum posting date, I will check your bug report thread and if there were no valid challenges or the challege submitted too late (after three days), it is validated;
bug reports needs be clear, written with a decent grammar and, very important, detailed enough to be able replicate it by a third party player (bugs that cannot be replicated are ineligible and void);
any bug report that is eligible for the event, will receive a "Like" by myself on this thread;
the event ends three days before the closed beta ending (to let users have the time to check your bug reports);
when closed beta ends, all replies on this thread are checked, and a list of users, sorted by their own number of valid reports, is made (more bugs you report, more chances you have to win!);
after the list is done and open beta details are out, I will reply on this thread to say how many winners we had, and how they can redeem their prize (I hope to give something to everyone contributed, but no guarantee);
any subsequent changes to the event rules, prizes, anything, will be communicated into this thread;
about any issue that may arise, my own word is final and no further appeals can be done;
your event partecipation, will means you agree to all above rules. If you don't agree any or all the above rules, you cannot participate the event;

AndreaY
February 7th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Event will be handled on forum Thursday, 12.
Please make any comment about ruling before that date, if you think it is the case!

ChallengerAhri
February 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Really great idea to get people to actually look for bugs! Hope mods approve of this. I myself am too lazy to participate, but good luck to everyone else.

SeekingKnowledge
February 7th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Love the idea. :)

AndreaY
February 7th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I just hope don't have to dig in thousands posts daily, maybe will ask help if that goes so far, I'm sure someone around willing to lend an hand :XD:

CloudMamori
February 7th, 2015, 07:30 PM
*googles a bug list from the previous client*

Einheart
February 7th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Is this a suggestion, or its official? Kinda having doubts its official lol

Carecrow
February 7th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Is this a suggestion, or its official? Kinda having doubts its official lol

Its player funded.

Einheart
February 7th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Its player funded.

Sounds neat:D Hype hype
But wait, are fun bugs eligible too? Like how sometimes your char goes upside-down.

AndreaY
February 8th, 2015, 06:36 AM
*googles a bug list from the previous client*

This has been taken care of.

Even if some of you have at hand a list of known bugs from old versions, you cannot post more than 1 every six hours, this will spread all those bugs evenly between different players, as long as in that timeframe it is quite likely someone else posting the bug you still haven't.

Then, about the trick of create multiple forum accounts to post all your bugs at once, this will result in a number of different users with only one bug each, that will be deranked by anyone that just were posting two bugs only.

If you have a number of bugs ready to go, I will suggest you, to maximize your chances to win, to hold your bug list and every six hours post the one that still no one reported.

Not to mention, the bug report will have to be well detailed, and this only will makes (given what I have witnessed on other bug reports around the Internet) almost 95% of all your reports may be invalid and rejected for the event.

Your report needs to be detailed and replicable. If not, is not eligible. Prize is nice, but you have to earn it :-)

AndreaY
February 8th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Adding new rules:

report must be "self-contained": no references to other web pages or video or anything are accepted (only exception, the link to your hosted screenshot);
report must end with a screenshot where the bug effects are visible;
the screenshot must be taken from this closed beta, not cropped or photoshopped;
screenshots that are: photoshopped, or altered in any way, or coming from other versions of the game, will make the user not eligible for any prize;

Thank you to the users that have suggested me that! :evil:

Einheart
February 8th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Hm, so making a vid to show how its done is not accepted too?
Just in case not everyone can make reports "that" detailed.

Radh
February 8th, 2015, 08:12 AM
i dont know i must say it or not since is not actually me who found this "BUG LIKE" thing but its surely exist.....

on d last years of DOMO aeria someone(from my guild) can TOTALLY INVINCIBLE(its seriously invincible since its make any incoming damage from player become 0) like for 30 sec with just 2 skills n its spammable to become permanently invincible versus player...its recuire lvl 70 MA and WD(he never told even d guildies bout d trick) but he manage to bring guild points to d top by "1 vs whole guild" all guilds active on that dying DOMO,until d last month of that domo aeria no one know since its almost no one playing WD till 70 right??

well he said he will play DoMO again,lets see if thats still happen since its a BUG that he bring to dead till d end of DOMO AERIA.....

Gambachi
February 8th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Shame witch doctor wont be available at start. They are certainly the best bug hunters. :p

Radh
February 8th, 2015, 08:19 AM
well looks like its not something new...my bad then

Z0mb3h
February 8th, 2015, 09:17 AM
-Peeks in thread- Do translation errors or typos count? I was already planning to keep a eye on that, so just curious x) I mean they're not really 'bugs' but they'ed still be something that needs fixed and reported.

AndreaY
February 8th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Yep translation errors, missing translations and alike, all are good. If it is an error, it is good to go. :P

AndreaY
February 8th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Hm, so making a vid to show how its done is not accepted too?
Just in case not everyone can make reports "that" detailed.

Video can be good if added as 'more detail', it means the text instructions on how to replicate needs be sufficient, and you can add the video as further detail. Don't forget a screenshot on which the bug is evident.

What is not accepted, is a video intended as replacement of a detailed text report. As example, a report that links to a youtube video and with the only comment "see the vid" will be not accepted.

AndreaY
February 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
i dont know i must say it or not ...someone...TOTALLY INVINCIBLE...any incoming damage from player become 0... for 30 sec with just 2 skills ...recuire lvl 70 MA and WD...

Well, this enter the 'gray' field of things. If the player uses certain skills and backed up by adeguate armor and items and it is able to achieve results as that, it is not a bug but a skill balancing error. I mean, it is not a problem achieve 100% dmg reduction for some time, but be able to keep that full time, is an overlook on skill recast timers.

Then, it may be not a bug or a wrong skill timer, but a cheating player that managed to alter the client in order to spam at will some skill that have 45s of recast timer.

Fanonymous
February 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
nice prize ,then it's better to find some bug that might be happen at CB hope find it first LOL

Carecrow
February 10th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Sounds neat:D Hype hype
But wait, are fun bugs eligible too? Like how sometimes your char goes upside-down.

I believe so

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Any kind of bug is eligible.

I just found sad that some user started to o'trollin' an event that was intended for fun, but not that kind.

LMini
February 10th, 2015, 06:36 AM
Any king of bug is eligible.

youre a liar ;.;

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 07:18 AM
I'd ask any moderator that happens go here, please close this thread, as long as I made a new one (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74770)at the scope.

If anyone have any comment about the event, please use this thread (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74770), I will no longer check this one. Thank you!