PDA

View Full Version : Which job will you start with?

Lomaeria5a28pb2
February 7th, 2015, 08:51 PM
And why?

I'm going to start with thief so I can solo well and pilfer loot for crafting...then transfer my dagger skills to witch doctor, and use the witch doctor buffs/debuffs for my doctor.

Excited to hear y'all's plans :3

Carecrow
February 7th, 2015, 08:54 PM
found this (https://www.playbuzz.com/lolwat10/domo-what-class-are-you) useful quiz that helped me decide what class to play

Familliar77
February 7th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I was denied the chance to play DOMO way back when due to my PC but I eyed Wizard back then and am doing so now. Although I hear it actually uses consumables so that may be a big issue with me so if it turns out like that I'll go Shaman instead. As for the sub-skill stuff I'm not sure on what to do.

Carecrow
February 7th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Don't think all those classes will be available

Lomaeria5a28pb2
February 7th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I was denied the chance to play DOMO way back when due to my PC but I eyed Wizard back then and am doing so now. Although I hear it actually uses consumables so that may be a big issue with me so if it turns out like that I'll go Shaman instead. As for the sub-skill stuff I'm not sure on what to do.

Yeah, wizard is a great class but you need a lot of scrolls to play it, which you often have to farm or buy from other players. Shaman is a great class to level up first if you want to play the magic route, then you can sub shaman attacks onto your wizard so you don't have to use as many wizard attacks, aka scrolls.

Familliar77
February 7th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Why do you think that?

Einheart
February 7th, 2015, 09:00 PM
probs Doc or Muse if lotsa ppl are lacking em, otherwise Merc or Fencer I guess.

Amaiha
February 7th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I think dancer won't be in the first patch.

Kalasyn
February 7th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Probably BM. It was always my first class! Gotta keep tradition going. Solo fo' lyfe.

ArdenLyn
February 7th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Merc for me. Tanking was always my favorite role in MMOs.

Divini
February 7th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I want to try Muse + Doc at the same time with a pet.

Btw, poll is a lie. It should be 100% commoner. kek.

Agiantnotepad
February 7th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Mercenary, I just have press two buttons. Wicked Windmill and Mock Monsters.

Zantanzuken81
February 7th, 2015, 09:23 PM
i'm gonna play doctor first off, get that up just to have heals (and revive) then switch over to axe merc.

why axe mercenary? because i don't want to have to push just two buttons...

Cleftobismal
February 7th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Juggling between Doctor (will be a doctor/witch doctor main) and shaman. MMO's these days have an obnoxious amount of support/healers when the servers are released/re-released. So prolly shaman. : > (R.I.P Aoe Party Till 30 <===During Open Beta Ofc) I doubt anyone would play Wizard at first.

Carecrow
February 7th, 2015, 09:32 PM
i'm gonna play doctor first off, get that up just to have heals (and revive) then switch over to axe merc.

LOLOL! No really, why axe merc?

NARAPIDANA
February 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Doctor, i wanna try something different in DoMO. that is with Doctor XD
on Aeria and Taiwan DoMO i always start with Hunter or BM haha

Agiantnotepad
February 7th, 2015, 10:00 PM

I am so triggered right now and really overrustled by your statement my fellow mercenary brother. Although I do like axe merc and I am sure I will mess around in game, but it is clear by far that spear merc is clearly the superior race when it comes to tanking.

How come you ask? Who wants to carry a fugly looking axe around? You can't even duel wield it. Spear is the best because there is a type of spear called the "Iron Halber" and why is this important. Because it looks so cool and makes me feel so cool and that is very important to me. So that aside let us get into tanking.

Wicked Windmill and Mock Monsters are two important skills when it comes to tanking in AoE parties or raids. If I don't mash those two buttoms on a regular basis what happens? Party members will ultimately die and I will be the one who gets the blame because I am not taking the aggro since the AoE members will be trying so hard to spam all the skills to kill the mobs.

I am sorry about my statement that you have to push two buttons, I am wrong. Technically there are many buttons you have to push when it comes to mercing/tanking. Form is a vital part of tanking. Circle formation is a skill that is frequently used because it boost you and your members defense therefore it is easier for team docs to heal you. Crane formation is another form that is vital because increases party members magical attack, it is important because most aoe teams have wiz, shamans, fencer etc and it is really useful for them because you have to kill them mobs real quick ya know?

Now how comes the fun part, raiding. Tanking in raid is an art, a dance and requires utmost skills. And because of that I will not reveal my secrets. I hope you enjoy reading this.

But in seriousness I would level merc first because it is generally fun to tank LOL.

Matchamatsu
February 7th, 2015, 10:42 PM
lol @ dancers.

Kirbychu
February 7th, 2015, 10:48 PM
found this (https://www.playbuzz.com/lolwat10/domo-what-class-are-you) useful quiz that helped me decide what class to play

LOL that quiz...

I'm going Doctor first because buffs. After that probably Musician or Thief for pilfer.

DOMOAKFrost
February 7th, 2015, 11:58 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/n36yo6.png

Guess I'll vote for this.

dvddestroyer
February 8th, 2015, 12:51 AM
If it wasn't the fact I have to do the merchant mission which is painful. Because of the random lvl 21 weapon needed and 500g it would be merchant first but it will be thief first for money and mats

Vodalaire
February 8th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Doctor
Since that self heal ability will fit nicely into my first subclass slot while i level Thief

Usakochi
February 8th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Doctor for heal/regen skills > thief for crafting > if dancer isn't out?? uh mprobably MA/shama depending on my mood. +_+; I'm having issues just deciding on my race, let alone my class. *rubs temples*

Fanonymous
February 8th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Tanking would be suit me more, some kinda habbit tobe tanker at MMO, then combine it to doctor so i can do some solo too LOL

actually dunno if there're so much want to take doctor for their first, i mean it's better to take armor from mercent first then take doctor for a while LOL

Hendrex
February 8th, 2015, 12:48 PM
I was best with doc, merc, and muse, I think i'll do muse so my mantra's can keep the docs mp up , we might need that first starting out :P

Hechizera
February 8th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I am going to play a wizard. I was the first wizard to reach level 40 in Sapphire, but only because I was always in an awesome party. Back when leveling was a mission and partying was the only way you could level. No OP pets, no upgrades, not many secondary classes; it was really fun even though it was slow. Each party member had a role and we used to spend hours grinding every day for months. I really hope this game starts that way, because I think the demise of the game was when everyone started to get OP pets and upgrades, nobody wanted to play in parties and solo grinding gets to be tedious fast.

MCKOVS
February 8th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Since it will be CB, I'll try new things. I always used to be mercenary (I just really love that job. Both as spearman and axeman). But maybe I'll try Doctor or Musician. And maybe Wizard/Shaman. I don't want to focus that much since it will be CB. Still, once it becomes the "normal" game, Mercenary will be one of my first choices. But probably I'll give a try to alchemist. I'm not really good at jobs with crafts and such, and unless I found someone willing to help me with that, I'll pick some experience with that too.

Starrleigh
February 8th, 2015, 06:25 PM
I tend to go hunter most games no matter what. But in CB I think I'll try some other jobs. Who knows... But the obvious answer to what I'll start with... that'll be commoner of course. xD;

Kyle770
February 8th, 2015, 07:25 PM
well im trying to be a fencer first, but later i will be a hunter with some debuff skill from witch doctor :9

LadyMae
February 8th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Too many people playing doc first.
At least it means that most people know how crucial it is to leveling other jobs.

OwTheEdge
February 8th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Nice
plenty of healers while i tank dis game

CheanChan
February 8th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Healers. Who wants to be my servant?! LOL I mean.. -cough- HI.

Millkbox
February 8th, 2015, 09:41 PM
http://s22.postimg.org/r7wv1lqq9/Untitled.jpg
welp.

Fanonymous
February 8th, 2015, 09:52 PM
yup it's nice to have much doctor there

Capnnyphry
February 9th, 2015, 01:20 AM
I might start off with doc but I wanna try martial artist/BM~.... I can't contain my excitement much longer. Some of my childhood lies within this game xD

KiyomiHime
February 9th, 2015, 01:22 AM
ima start with doctor and fencer

KiyomiHime
February 9th, 2015, 01:26 AM
it takes scrolls wizard does

ArdenLyn
February 9th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Damn...didn't realize Docs were gonna be that popular. My money was on muse or dancers.

Mchan
February 9th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Full support Bard.

MinatoU
February 9th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Damn...didn't realize Docs were gonna be that popular. My money was on muse or dancers.

Well the question was "which class will you start with?" and Doctor makes the most sense because it can be used on every class as a sub

LMini
February 9th, 2015, 04:41 AM
everyone got this poll wrong.. bunch of noobs

MuinXhan1
February 9th, 2015, 06:05 AM
hm depending on what I get the most on commoner while I level it; good amount of scrolls going wiz vice verse with frogs I'll go doc

if I dont get enough of either I'll go MA or axe merc(chop chop!)

HakiYuna
February 9th, 2015, 06:44 AM
tank tank and tank XD

Millkbox
February 9th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I'm probably gonna start with thief. Gonna rely on that agi.

SeekingKnowledge
February 9th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Definitely going with thief because of the recipes. Need to work on Alchemy asap. >=)

KiyomiHime
February 9th, 2015, 06:39 PM
i think ima go Doctor and Fencer first but im prob also get the muse as well i want fencer so i can farm later on

Nobidabada
February 9th, 2015, 10:55 PM
In CB it's hard to say, maybe Fencer. When things go live, THF.

ArdenLyn
February 9th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Wait how come Mercenary is the only one in italics in the poll?

Kalasyn
February 9th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Wait how come Mercenary is the only one in italics in the poll?

It's in italics because it's the one you voted for. :p

ZiggyPheonix
February 10th, 2015, 03:13 AM
When the game goes live, I'm going to pay homage to my first playthrough back on Aeria, and Imma go Fencer.

I wanna try out a new build I never got to test before, and thats gonna be; Getting Dex to 30 ASAP, Get Agility equal to my level and keep it equal till cap, Eventually get Wisdom equal to my level, and anything leftover going into Power. That way I can feel confident in Survivability Accuracy, Crit chance, Mana, and just raw Strength.

But here I am 3 days from Beta, and I'm already planning builds XD

MuinXhan1
February 10th, 2015, 04:11 AM
Imma go Fencer.

it's build 1 so dont think fencer going be out with it since we'll be starting from the first version meaning lv50 cap
so no fencer witch doctor and merchant for the CBT and mirror mission only goes to mission4 sorry to burst your bubble there

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 10th, 2015, 02:21 PM
tank tank and tank XD

Sub tank on EVERYTHING.

ArdenLyn
February 10th, 2015, 02:25 PM
It's in italics because it's the one you voted for. :p

Oh...well then...the more you know.

Kitsunari
February 12th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Merc, gotta get that head start, be a tank for them people who need it
i remember being the sprite who mobbed a hoard of monsters in the Inn basement,
And held the mob so that the people trying to level up would be able to, i just loved making sure everyone got level ups o3o

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Merc, gotta get that head start, be a tank for them people who need it
i remember being the sprite who mobbed a hoard of monsters in the Inn basement,
And held the mob so that the people trying to level up would be able to, i just loved making sure everyone got level ups o3o

My Fellow Tank Brother and or Sister HI FIVE

NotHereCantDelete
February 12th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I was considering maining dancer but I've gone off the idea for some reason... I know I want pet muse to be part of it but now I just can't decide on the rest x-x I've always been indecisive though.

HakiYuna
February 12th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Sub tank on EVERYTHING.

over 300 lvls exprience of tanking on aeria DOMO xD but my merc was an aoe o,o

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 10:50 AM
over 300 lvls exprience of tanking on aeria DOMO xD but my merc was an aoe o,o

I used to sub dancer on my merc and merc on my dancer xD Even tanked as a doc once, wasn't the brightest of ideas.

KO3K
February 12th, 2015, 11:41 AM
im looking at bm also :D

Marthie
February 12th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I very nearly always go with Doctor. But I see so many Doctors already so I think I'll pick my second favorite role in DoMO: Tanking! :D I love party tank. I play a sprite, so its always so funny to stand in the centre of a mob of monsters where I can't even see my character. And c'mon! Sprites have the best mock voice! "Hahahahaha!"

Kuenu
February 12th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Well technically we'll all be starting at commoners. Sarcasm out of the way, I wanted to start out as a wizard due to the diversity of classes my friends and I are choosing.