PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to ask a few things....

Xaytsr
February 8th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I'm not good at making posts or dealing with people (aspergers and social-phobia) so I'll try to be as blunt as possible with my questions.

So first off the bat: Do we have any idea if we will be able to download the game before the CB date?

Then a few questions about being a beginner:
1. How does race affect classes? (If it does affect classes and to what extent?)

2. Which would be the best/easiest class(es) to focus on early game for someone learning the game?

3. Do you have any other hints or tips to make starting out smoother/more enjoyable early game?

Hendrex
February 8th, 2015, 05:26 PM
1. the race does affect things yes, or at least the old domo it did it Human - Maximum HP: 3% Standing HP recovery: 3%,
Sprite - Accuracy: 3% Evasion: 3%, Shura - Physical attack: 3% Physical defense: 3% , Sylph - Magic attack: 3% Magic defense: 3%

2. all the classes are fairly easy, muse is pretty easy yet can get dull just repeating the same skills over and over to keep the teams buffs up , mercenary is always fun, but it can get pricey due to armor repairs, but with the right build its not so bad , my personal faves were merc, doc , and muse, but as you get up in level you can be say , a muse with doc subs , so while you're not buffing the team you could assist in healing. pending on your play style (solo / team) or what you like to do in a team, many of the jobs are super fun to play as

3. the game is fairly easy to get accustomed to, main thing would be don't sell materials to merchants , try player stalls you will get better rates assuming you don't charge to much :P also there are many of us who im sure will be willing to offer tips, and hints to the newer players for sure, not sure if they will have any game sages but they are always willing to help out too!

P.s if you party make sure the team leader sets the loot distribution to auto ^^ also if you have any more questions you can always pm me, ill try my best to help

Xaytsr
February 8th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Thank You for the quick response....

I was looking at the wiki earlier and I think I wanted to try Doctor(?) as a Sprite cos fighting with syringes just seems unique and I think I might enjoy it lolz

Hendrex
February 8th, 2015, 06:12 PM
yes doc is fun , make sure you stock up on frogs tho , you'll need them for buffs for the team ! :D

Xaytsr
February 8th, 2015, 06:14 PM
whats the deal with them frogs? u buy them or....?
if u buy them would they be expensive early on?

Kalasyn
February 8th, 2015, 06:49 PM
You can buy them and you get them from drops, too. I don't remember exact prices but I think for a stack of frogs, it was 2k. Don't quote me on that! What I did was start out with a different class and save my frogs up until I had a lot of them.

IllusionofGaia
February 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM
You could also get them when crafting went awry... :'(

Xaytsr
February 8th, 2015, 08:09 PM
when crafting went awry? seriously?

If I can stock them up from kills it shouldn't be too hard to collect em should it?

OwTheEdge
February 8th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I'm not good at making posts or dealing with people (aspergers and social-phobia) so I'll try to be as blunt as possible with my questions.

So first off the bat: Do we have any idea if we will be able to download the game before the CB date?

1. How does race affect classes? (If it does affect classes and to what extent?)

2. Which would be the best/easiest class(es) to focus on early game for someone learning the game?

3. Do you have any other hints or tips to make starting out smoother/more enjoyable early game?

1. (I don't have much input about this as I started out as a Blademaster until 13, but quickly jumped to Merc and never looked back)

2. As a former Merc that carried a LOT of people, this depends on how you want to level. If you find a few wacky people that's willing to powerlevel (ride the wave), you can equip ANY job that takes you to around level 20 (20 is a quarter-of-a-way to this game's max level) and choose to find a few good players. In this kind of game, you don't have to talk socially; you have to react with proper timing and with the right equipment. So being a Doc is more borderline adventurous than being a tank. I loved being silent and tanking everywhere; from the Caskmasters in the Basement, to the Globs in Neptune, but I had a hard time keeping up with Froggies and healing timing.

If you solo the adventure, you need something that's going to pay off in equipment and leisure rewards. So a class like Doc/Witch Doc or Wizard is going to need a lot of money for additional "items" (Scrolls / Frogs). There were plenty of Blademasters and Fencers that made it through to mid-30s on their own.

3. There will be a LOT of things that may not make this game enjoyable from the start. The key is persistance (especially if you're going to go solo) and determination. I knew a former player who soloed her 60s all the way through without a care in the world (She was ridiculously smart yet resourceful once you found her), but she wasn't rich or anything. She just kept playing. Once you reach 25, you're going to enjoy events and DoMO areas as you develop your character.

when crafting went awry? seriously?

If I can stock them up from kills it shouldn't be too hard to collect em should it?

Crafting in this game had a relatively small chance to fail. This was a notorious aspect when crafting high-level / end-game items. This also meant failed crafting resulted in frogs.

Luckily, if you were a respectable player (in your group, IN that specific amount of time), you were given the extra items (Scrolls / Frogs) if you were able to benefit from it, as in YOU NEED MORE FROGS? I DROPPED MAH FROGS. NOW HEAL ME BRO

Xaytsr
February 8th, 2015, 08:13 PM
The froggies part is somewhat starting to sound off putting....

The other thing I was looking at just a moment ago was martial artist(?) just cos looking at the skills it seems like my kind of class

Kalasyn
February 8th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Frogs and scrolls are a little hard to come by when you're just starting out because you'll probably be poor for a while. I'd say starting with a solo class like BM, thief, or MA would be a good idea until you build up a decent amount of either money or frogs. :3 I solo'ed as a BM until 40 and had enough frogs after that to develop my doctor up in parties. When you have more money, frogs aren't a big deal but starting out, it is kinda hard.

Veredii
February 9th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I'm not an expert so please keep in mind that this is just my opinion from when I played DoMo (2 years ago :o). Also, I'm not sure if everything will be the same in this version of the game but I'll do my best to provide advice ^^

Since you said you wanted to play as mainly Doctor, I'm assuming you'll be playing a support role in parties? Or are you going to be soloing mostly?

If you'll mainly be partying you might want to level up your Muse and Dancer jobs. Muse's 'Musical Magic' tree has lots of buffs - Mystic Mantra for party MP regen, various songs for increasing Eva, Atk, Accuracy etc. Dancer's Different Dances tree has plenty of useful debuffs to make monsters weaker, some of which also work on bosses. Both are useful, however in some circumstances, like if there is a Muse or Dancer in your party you might not use your sub-skills as much. In these cases you can either switch out the skill set or just keep them and only cast them if the buffs/debuffs expire and the dancer/muse forgets to recast. As a main doctor, you'll mostly be focused on keeping everyone's HP filled.

I never soloed Doctor, but I'm pretty sure you'll either need a pet to assist you or some good AoE subs. If you'll be using a pet then Muse's 'Pet Sounds' tree will help you heal and buff its stats.

Also, levelling the Thief job early-ish will be useful, even if you're going to play mainly as doctor. Both trees can be a useful sub-set for survivability while leveling other classes.

Close Combat has
- two self-recovery skills - Control Breathing (MP only) -> Rhythm of Life (MP&HP)
- two defensive buffs - Premonition (Eva&Atkspd) -> Fighting Foresight (Eva&Def) which isn't as good as Prem but it stacks with Premonition.

Sneak Skills, has
- 2 skills that give you a chance to steal items from monsters - Pilfer (steal within certain lvl range) -> Pillage (steal and attack)
- 2 debuffs? - Hypnosis which puts an enemy to sleep -> Play Dead which lets you lose the aggro of monsters attacking, doesn't work on Bosses though.

Sorry about making it so long but I didn't want to recommend anything and not put a reason why I suggested it xD

SirPwn
February 9th, 2015, 09:22 AM

1. Unless they are using a really old version, the only effect race will have is having +1 (Sprite), 0 (Sylph, Human) or -1 (Shura) base movement speed. There are necklaces for each race that will give different stat boosts, but aside from that all races are equal in any job.

2. I would suggest Thief for your first job, but it does have a somewhat bothersome qualification quest. But if you don't mind spending a bit of gold (not much, about 10 to 20 drops worth; you should have it by the time you hit 10 on Commoner) and a fair amount of time walking back and forth between questors, then go for it. Thief deals decent damage and has high evasion so you won't take much in return, and let your armor last longer. It also has an MP heal skill to let you keep going when others must rest.

3. Pro-tip: always get Doctor qualification as soon as you hit 10; even if you don't level it, it gives you a basic heal that will really help you out regardless of what job you decide to go for.

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 09:41 AM
1. Unless they are using a really old version, the only effect race will have is having +1 (Sprite), 0 (Sylph, Human) or -1 (Shura) base movement speed. There are necklaces for each race that will give different stat boosts, but aside from that all races are equal in any job.

2. I would suggest Thief for your first job, but it does have a somewhat bothersome qualification quest. But if you don't mind spending a bit of gold (not much, about 10 to 20 drops worth; you should have it by the time you hit 10 on Commoner) and a fair amount of time walking back and forth between questors, then go for it. Thief deals decent damage and has high evasion so you won't take much in return, and let your armor last longer. It also has an MP heal skill to let you keep going when others must rest.

3. Pro-tip: always get Doctor qualification as soon as you hit 10; even if you don't level it, it gives you a basic heal that will really help you out regardless of what job you decide to go for.
Wait what? Do you get that basic heal automatically when u get the doctor qualification or.....?

And looking at some of these replies I may very well be going with thief first...(then martial artist later)

I think I may end up playing alone a fair amount of the time but I'd like to keep the option to join a party and be useful if possible....

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be choosing to be a sprite o.o

SirPwn
February 9th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Wait what? Do you get that basic heal automatically when u get the doctor qualification or.....?

And looking at some of these replies I may very well be going with thief first...(then martial artist later)

I think I may end up playing alone a fair amount of the time but I'd like to keep the option to join a party and be useful if possible....

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be choosing to be a sprite o.o

Doctor starts off with level 1 First Aid, so yes. You simply sub it on your other jobs and you can use it right away! :D

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Doctor starts off with level 1 First Aid, so yes. You simply sub it on your other jobs and you can use it right away! :D
Oh that's handy to know thank you ^_^

KiyomiHime
February 9th, 2015, 11:03 AM
how can crafting go away ? dont you level up commoner to craft and make stuff the alchemy thingy and the jar thing around the city and stuff

SirPwn
February 9th, 2015, 11:17 AM
how can crafting go away ? dont you level up commoner to craft and make stuff the alchemy thingy and the jar thing around the city and stuff

Crafting can go awry, which is a fancy way of saying it can go 'wrong'. And a failed crafting attempt results in a frog!

KiyomiHime
February 9th, 2015, 11:20 AM
OHH ok now i get it xD thank you btw i was on Onyx to i think i saw you around but idk if i ever talked to you i was Princess+Sakura and a few other names to i had alot of character lol and i only ever made 3 jobs to 50 this time i wanna max out to all job to 70 but im having a hard time to chose which race as my main Sprite or Shura

JerryxpluF2561e
February 9th, 2015, 11:39 AM

As far as I know from playing aeria version of DOMO. Race doesn't not affect any stat other than Shura have -1 speed and sprite have +1 speed when moving. I would highly recommend that you make a thief or Shaman class. Thief give you control breathing while shaman give you spring cleaning. Control breathing give you instant mp recover while spring cleaning give you mp recovery over time. As for the frogs. It is not required at low level as you get first aid skill and what not. But it will come in handy lets say level 25+ as it heals more and also have group heal. From NPC I think it was 5g each for a frog and 1000 frog would cost you 5000 gold? most players sell it for 2, 3 gold each and if you are in a party with them they usually don't mind selling it cheap or even giving it to you for free. A good doc keep the party alive. If you want to go beyond that I guess you can always learn some alchemy and make some potions for yourself.

To make your life a little easier as a doc. MAKE SURE you check the armor of the tank. If he have missing pieces especially or low level armor. There is probably a reason why his hp drop lower than you can heal. People like to blame the doc for everything so make sure it's not your fault.

Summerstream
February 9th, 2015, 12:24 PM
The froggies part is somewhat starting to sound off putting....

The other thing I was looking at just a moment ago was martial artist(?) just cos looking at the skills it seems like my kind of class

The nice thing about DoMO is that you are NOT locked into the class you pick like other MMO's. You can freely change your classes with ease.

Download? We're all still waiting. They'll tell us when!

1) From my experience, other than movement speed and the race necklaces, the races are simply appearance.

2) Easiest starting class? I'd say jobs that don't require an item. Shaman, blademaster, martial artist... Doctor is always nice to grab as a utility subset too, and frogs are a fairly common drop. Same with scrolls, but the scrolls end up being 5k for a stack of 1000 if you buy them. That being said, this is an old coot giving her two cents worth.

3) Doctor, and a MP regen skill definately. You get a mana regen from Shaman at level 16 or 17. Its skill name is Spring Cleaning. I like it in the beginning to help increase staying power (The amount of time before you need to sit on average). If you get a pet, I'd get the Pet sounds tree from Musician.

I would also add that you should pay attention to what class you are fighting (Dancer is high Magic EVA for example). Plan what classes you train in different locations to their main damage component. Merc/Blade/Theif are examples of classes who would work nicely against a dancer, where as Doc/Sham/Wizard would do pretty poorly against a dancer.

In the end of it all, you'll do fine~ We vets are here to help you out.

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 05:23 PM
The nice thing about DoMO is that you are NOT locked into the class you pick like other MMO's. You can freely change your classes with ease.

This is something I'm looking forward to greatly however there's a lot about the system I'm unsure of.... I think the fastest to learn about it is going to be by getting thrown into it and making mistakes as they come lolz

Some of the stuff I'm not sure on (just cos I've seen people mentioning about it mostly but there's nothing saying how or anything) is using skills from one class on another class... Is it like some long list of skills? or do you have to do something specific to transfer skills over? Then what affects the level of the skill?.... Infact I think I have too many questions about this sort of thing and I really don't want to be one of those bothersome people who appears they haven't read anything lolz

So my question on race appears to have been answered and I'm glad I wanted to pick sprite (+1 move speed) and I'm still torn over classes...
I think I've seen some good advice such as unlocking Doctor first then getting some sort of MP recovery skill (possibly thief) but aside from Doctors heal I have no idea what level these skills are opened.... (if they are unlocked via level or is it by unlocking certain other skills?)

Used to joining a game picking out a class then just working with that class... This obviously requires more thought, I don't think I've ever had to consider whether I'm gonna be solo or focusing on parties in advance before....

Anyways I'm seeing some great tips and advice here please keep it all coming I am trying to take as much of it into account as possible ^_^

EDIT: Pets.... So I saw mention of pets and I took a look into them but it appears these are available by getting a pet token from cash shop.... Is there any other way to obtain these?

IsharaM
February 9th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Oh oh raises hand o/
I can answer about pets.

There is a quest (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Pet_quest) available at level 20 where you can get a free level 1 metal pet (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_pet) egg. All other pets must be obtained through tokens or by trade. Tokens may be on sale in the item shop or given away as event prizes.

Aeria Games at one point had a beginners package that provided the player with their choice of pet. This pet could not be traded. Whether or not Suba Games will have this same package remains to be seen.

IllusionofGaia
February 9th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I was trying to make a funny about the frogs and I think it may have been taken too seriously. I shall go back to my hole now...

Superstarstrike
February 9th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Some of the stuff I'm not sure on (just cos I've seen people mentioning about it mostly but there's nothing saying how or anything) is using skills from one class on another class... Is it like some long list of skills? or do you have to do something specific to transfer skills over? Then what affects the level of the skill?.... Infact I think I have too many questions about this sort of thing and I really don't want to be one of those bothersome people who appears they haven't read anything lolz

If I end up sounding confusing forgive me ;-;

When you switch from one job to the next , you'll see that there's three (I think) empty slots available. There will also be a drop down menu showing all the jobs you currently have. Let's say you want to transfer some thief skills to your Doctor. Click on Thief on the drop-down menu, and you can click and drag its skills to those slots. Boom, your Doctor has Thief skills.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to use all of its skills right away; many of a job's skills require certain equipment to be used (in this case, a good amount of a Thief's skills require a knife equipped to be used and Doctors can't equip knives naturally), meaning often times you'll need an Equip skill from that class. However, some skills don't have any requirements to be used (Control Breathing, the Thief's MP recovery skill, doesn't require any equipment of the sort).

Finally, if you're transferring a higher leveled job's skills to a lower leveled job, you may find that you can't use some of them, because the each skill has a level requirement before it can be used. The higher the skill level, the higher the requirement. You shouldn't have to worry about that if you're new though, level requirements are pretty low.

So my question on race appears to have been answered and I'm glad I wanted to pick sprite (+1 move speed) and I'm still torn over classes...
I think I've seen some good advice such as unlocking Doctor first then getting some sort of MP recovery skill (possibly thief) but aside from Doctors heal I have no idea what level these skills are opened.... (if they are unlocked via level or is it by unlocking certain other skills?)

Some skills are unlockable by reaching a certain level, other skills require having certain skills at certain levels. Don't forget that every skill require skill points to unlock/level-up (you gain 3 skill points every level).

Used to joining a game picking out a class then just working with that class... This obviously requires more thought, I don't think I've ever had to consider whether I'm gonna be solo or focusing on parties in advance before....

Anyways I'm seeing some great tips and advice here please keep it all coming I am trying to take as much of it into account as possible ^_^

Trust me, this isn't something you often see in other MMOs. I've come to appreciate this class system a lot more when I tried other MMOs; DoMO was my first one.

EDIT: Pets.... So I saw mention of pets and I took a look into them but it appears these are available by getting a pet token from cash shop.... Is there any other way to obtain these?

Like IsharaM says, you can obtain a metal pet (Mechanical Bear) from completing a quest at level 20 in Farrel Family Crypt. I'd highly advise bringing a party to do that, it can be difficult and frustrating.

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 09:29 PM
If I end up sounding confusing forgive me ;-;

When you switch from one job to the next , you'll see that there's three (I think) empty slots available. There will also be a drop down menu showing all the jobs you currently have. Let's say you want to transfer some thief skills to your Doctor. Click on Thief on the drop-down menu, and you can click and drag its skills to those slots. Boom, your Doctor has Thief skills.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to use all of its skills right away; many of a job's skills require certain equipment to be used (in this case, a good amount of a Thief's skills require a knife equipped to be used and Doctors can't equip knives naturally), meaning often times you'll need an Equip skill from that class. However, some skills don't have any requirements to be used (Control Breathing, the Thief's MP recovery skill, doesn't require any equipment of the sort).

Finally, if you're transferring a higher leveled job's skills to a lower leveled job, you may find that you can't use some of them, because the each skill has a level requirement before it can be used. The higher the skill level, the higher the requirement. You shouldn't have to worry about that if you're new though, level requirements are pretty low.

Some skills are unlockable by reaching a certain level, other skills require having certain skills at certain levels. Don't forget that every skill require skill points to unlock/level-up (you gain 3 skill points every level).

Trust me, this isn't something you often see in other MMOs. I've come to appreciate this class system a lot more when I tried other MMOs; DoMO was my first one.

Like IsharaM says, you can obtain a metal pet (Mechanical Bear) from completing a quest at level 20 in Farrel Family Crypt. I'd highly advise bringing a party to do that, it can be difficult and frustrating.

Doesn't sound confusing at all. Ok so when I change job and pick out those 3 skills.... can I change them later? can I level them up? (or do I need to go back to that job to level it?)

So I think I want to primarily martial artist but if I want to fight longer without resting I would need to unlock healing skill from doctor and an MP recovery (from thief or shaman?) which would take up 2 slots leaving me with a third (if it is three) maybe take one of the stealing skills from thief?(unless there is something better worth taking) does this sound like a decent set up? Which means I'd need to level Thief to like 12(?) and Doctor I just need to unlock (unless I want stronger skills then I gotta level them more)? Then Martial Artist just needs to be higher than that to use those skills? I think.....

Putting that to one side for now: I wouldn't mind the bear pet (infact the only pet I don't like is the cactus one *shudders*) but does that bear pet come as its standard look or is it possible to get the variations from it? (quite like the panda)
Guess I better be ready to look for some help with that quest anyways...
And is it possible to rename a pet? (think I saw something about a name tag somewhere but just thought I'd ask while I looked for it again)

Finally I need to say:
WHOA so many helpful people I'm really thankful for all the responses guys!

Shazaki
February 9th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Doesn't sound confusing at all. Ok so when I change job and pick out those 3 skills.... can I change them later? can I level them up? (or do I need to go back to that job to level it?)

So I think I want to primarily martial artist but if I want to fight longer without resting I would need to unlock healing skill from doctor and an MP recovery (from thief or shaman?) which would take up 2 slots leaving me with a third (if it is three) maybe take one of the stealing skills from thief?(unless there is something better worth taking) does this sound like a decent set up? Which means I'd need to level Thief to like 12(?) and Doctor I just need to unlock (unless I want stronger skills then I gotta level them more)? Then Martial Artist just needs to be higher than that to use those skills? I think.....

Putting that to one side for now: I wouldn't mind the bear pet (infact the only pet I don't like is the cactus one *shudders*) but does that bear pet come as its standard look or is it possible to get the variations from it? (quite like the panda)
And is it possible to rename a pet? (think I saw something about a name tag somewhere but just thought I'd ask while I looked for it again)

Finally I need to say:

our community specializes in being nice lol and helpful

Kitababie
February 9th, 2015, 09:56 PM

From my memory there were only two non-passive sub slots with the exception of Commoner, which gave you the option for subbing three non-passive subs. There's two non-passive slots (for your general, button-pressing skills) and two passive subs slots (for weapon and armor subs if you've unlocked it via adding skill points to it on that job).
In Eversun City's dojo, there is an NPC next to the "Career Advisor" (the guy who you talk to in order to switch your job); his name is "Naturally Gifted Man." If you talk to this NPC, he will let you switch subs. You have to talk to him each time you want to switch your subs, so yes, you can change your subs later - they are not a forever sub onto the job. (thank goodness or else this game would be harder XD)
You can't level the subs up - you can only level up skills while you are playing the original class. So if you wanted to sub your lv 20 doc's healing and also its buffing on, we'll say, a Thief job - you can't level those heals/buffs as you level your Thief --- you would have to level up your doc first & then add skill points into those heals/buffs to increase their levels.

Superstarstrike
February 9th, 2015, 10:03 PM

Yes, there's an NPC that does allows you to change your subbed skills later on. As for the second question, you do need to go back to your other job to level your skills.

Yup, that sounds good enough! I also forgot to mention that two of your subbed skill slots will be active skill sets, and the third one will be a passive skill set. In other words, you're taking multiple skills available to use at once.

Unfortunately, due to this, you wouldn't be able to have Control Breathing and Pilfer along with First Aid, because Control Breathing and Pilfer are from two different skill sets, filling the two active skill slots. First Aid as you'd guess is in an active skill slot of Doctor too.

It always comes in its standard look. You can rename pets with the pet naming tag, but that's usually an item mall item.

Finally I need to say:

Welcome to DoMO, enjoy your stay!

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Thank you all again. I really appreciate all the help.

I'm still a little uncertain about where to start in terms of class (purely because there is sooooo many options and I like a fair few/theres lots I want to try) so I'm open to all suggestions here. Now I'm mostly looking at if its better to raise a class completely before raising the class I want to main or raise as I need or what?

Also open to any other little bits of advice that could help me while starting out ^_^

Thank you all again for being so helpful. It's really been a long time since I've seen a community like this lolz

Kirbychu
February 9th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Do we have any idea if we will be able to download the game before the CB date?
Yes we have been told they will let us download the game before CB, we will be notified about an exact time at a later date (though I'd assume any day now).

First off, let me address Hendrex's response:

1. the race does affect things yes, or at least the old domo it did it Human - Maximum HP: 3% Standing HP recovery: 3%,
Sprite - Accuracy: 3% Evasion: 3%, Shura - Physical attack: 3% Physical defense: 3% , Sylph - Magic attack: 3% Magic defense: 3%
Those stats are only obtained by the racial necklaces, which are an item bought from the cash shop and are not base stats of the races. The only difference between the races at this point is run speed (there used to be minor stat differences, but that was taken out long ago) - sprite is the fastest, human & sylph are normal speed, and shura is the slowest. This is the only difference between the races, though the stats on the racial necklaces (listed above by Hendrex) can be a determining factor for your race if you want it to be (though keep in mind there are class necklaces as well that take up the same slot and may be better than the racial ones).

You've expressed interest in Doctor, and it is a good class to at least unlock early on (switch to it and put points into First Aid - which is your heal you can sub on other classes) but leveling it is actually quite difficult for a beginner. They deal very little physical damage and wear robes (basically cloth armor) so they are very squishy.

A great class for a beginner would be Blademaster. They hit hard, are more sturdy, and have a couple of nice buffs that you can use on other classes as well as Light Armor equip. Get Blademaster to level 30 and get the equip Light Armor and you can sub it on squishier classes like Doctor and be more sturdy and survivable.

You also want to steer clear of classes that require consumables right off the bat (so Doctor, Wizard, Hunter, Witch Doctor). Those are not classes I recommend starting on simply because many/most of their skills consume items. Yes you can farm these items yourself (or buy from NPC), but as a very first class, I don't recommend them.

I also don't recommend Mercenary - at least not a tank one. Ax Mercenary is great for soloing, but if you want to be a party tank, you will need to go Spear tree. Tanks go through armor really fast (having monsters constantly hit you breaks your armor faster) and it gets really expensive to keep buying armor (or to keep buying the materials to have someone make it) so it is not a good first class.

Sell everything. Any drops you get you should sell either to a NPC or set up a stall in Eversun and sell to other players. The "materials" type of items are used for alchemy (crafting), and the other type ("tools" I believe it's called iirc) is used for elder quests (which people do to level up guilds).

Make a mule account. You will want at least one other account so you can stall/material collect while you play your main. We have already been informed this is allowed, so I strongly recommend it. Even if you don't plan to do alchemy, you should gather crafting materials to sell to other players because they are always in demand. Mining, Forestry, Herding, and Meditation are the ones I would stick with (Fishing and Farming aren't used for crafting armor, only potions/pills so they aren't as in demand as the others).

Keep in mind these are just my recommendations and are in no way the only/correct way to play the game. In the end, just do what you want to do, because this game is about having fun.

Xaytsr
February 10th, 2015, 08:47 AM
A great class for a beginner would be Blademaster. They hit hard, are more sturdy, and have a couple of nice buffs that you can use on other classes as well as Light Armor equip. Get Blademaster to level 30 and get the equip Light Armor and you can sub it on squishier classes like Doctor and be more sturdy and survivable.

Sadly the only two classes that I decidedly didn't like straight off were blademaster and a little more thankfully now mercenary.... They just didn't seem my kind of class....

Taking that into account I'm still looking at Martial Artist and Fencer (leaning more towards Martial Artist tho I have considered thief just to 12 to make use of the mp recovery etc)

And yes as I read more into the doctor skills that required frogs I knew straight away it wouldn't be a smart move having to pay out for consumables so early on or having to waste time gathering (as I believe someone else said it'd be better raising another class and collecting them as I did so)

I dunno about making a mule account... with my aspergers having just one account gives me enough trouble so heres another question regarding those things:
Can I do them while afk?
If I can then I shouldn't have too much of a problem doing that while I'm doing coursework/going to the shop etc etc (probably not as efficient but it'd be easier on my mind)

Anyways thank you again ^_^

Mitzruti
February 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM
honestly... frogs really aren't an issue. ever. ...unless you go balls-to-the-walls frogdoc and spam frogheals on CD.
the buffs from frogdoc aren't really all that great until you've got several levels in them (initially low % buffs and short durations, both of which improve with level), so by the time you'll be able to really appreciate them you'll be swimming in frogs.
they also don't stack with other buffs that effect the same thing; for example, Frog Forcefield will conflict with thief's Fighting Foresight and MA's Fortifying Force, because they're all considered defense buffs.

for the -other- consumable using classes, their things are used much more frequently. hunters need arrows just to autoattack, wizard scrolls are used for pretty much every offensive skill. WD can avoid them, but bugs are required for their strongest attacks. (oh, and merchants burn money for a lot of their skills)

you may want to consider getting thief to 30 for eq clothing. that'll let you use the same armour on doc as MA/thief, which is convenient. no rush though.

if it helps:
MA is primarily a solo class. they can pull (or tank by subbing merc skills) for a party, but so can pretty much anybody. they are incredibly durable all on their own tho, and meditation can help makes the occasions you do have to sit a lot shorter. they don't have to make any adjustments to their build to be useful in either party role - the tank skills are provided entirely by merc and they're tough enough to not need anything special to go pulling (although a speed buff is helpful, as is using a beginner bow+arrows). they do have a couple aoes, but they aren't good enough to fill an aoe role.
you still need to make some choices about what's most important to you* but not as badly as...

Fencer, otoh has to chose whether it wants to be an aoe machine, or focus on debilitating a single target. maxing their aoe skills devours a whopping 150 skill points. this is every single skill point you'll earn from leveling up to 60. so if you want to be party or solo focused is a choice you have to make right away - they don't have any wiggle room. (you do get an extra 15sp from life quests, but an aoe fencer will prolly burn those on eq sword so they can use their aoes on other classes)
typical fencer builds can't subtank like an MA can, but they can pull... if you wind up in a party after choosing not to take aoes you'll need to be especially clear that you don't have them.

(thief is also primarily a solo class, but they also make great subtanks and are pretty much the best pullers. doc can go either way, there's several differences between solo and party focused docs, but hybrids can be made to work as well.)

yes, you can stall & gather mats while afk. it's really boring to just watch so pretty much everyone doing either will be afk.
playing with you pets to raise loyalty is something else that's best done afk.

ps. you didn't ask, but a rule of thumb for stat points is to try and aim for 103 agi - the cooldown redcuction that grants is super useful for every class. whether you rush it asap, or split it with whatever your other stat is going to be tends to come down to personal taste tho.

*(true about pretty much every class. merchant and wizard are only real exceptions, iirc)

~spin~

Xaytsr
February 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Woooooo a lot of info to take in there....

Yeah I don't have a clue about stats and as for skill points I was just gonna put them where ever to get the specific skills I wanted....
Now I'm having even more second thoughts......

Oh ye this reminds me of a question I wanted to ask.....
If I wanted to focus on martial artist (which it looks like I will be).... Is it best to go fists (I see the wep being called boxing gloves) or staff?
From what I'm seeing it looks like staff gets more AoEs where as fists gets like one AoE but a fair amount of status inducing skills too...
I think I said it before but I kinda really wanna focus on survival and being able to solo if I want to but also being useful in a party....

Fencer is looking like a big no until I'm more confident with the game lolz

Kitababie
February 10th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Woooooo a lot of info to take in there....

Yeah I don't have a clue about stats and as for skill points I was just gonna put them where ever to get the specific skills I wanted....

Oh ye this reminds me of a question I wanted to ask.....
If I wanted to focus on martial artist (which it looks like I will be).... Is it best to go fists (I see the wep being called boxing gloves) or staff?
From what I'm seeing it looks like staff gets more AoEs where as fists gets like one AoE but a fair amount of status inducing skills too...
I think I said it before but I kinda really wanna focus on survival and being able to solo if I want to but also being useful in a party....

Fencer is looking like a big no until I'm more confident with the game lolz

My MA used Boxing Gloves - but I mainly did it because being a sprite with giant fists just looked awesome XD. I did get two staff skills though, Meditation and Channel Energy (they don't require a Staff to be used). That's another thing to look at. Some skills require a certain weapon to use. So for example doctor buffs need a syringe - if you want to sub those buffs, you'll have to put points into Equitable Syringe (passive skill). [Doctor's First Aid do not require syringe so no worries there.]
The good thing about MA is, they're great pullers in PTYs no matter what weapon you choose. MA's won't be chosen as an AoEr in Ptys even if you choose a staff, so don't let that influence you. The class is physical-based, so people prefer Magic-based classes like Dancer, Shaman, Wizard (and fencer at like level 25ish when they have their AoEs).

Just background about skill points. You should check wiki and preview skills/descriptions to work out a good skill set [Scroll to the bottom of this link's page to see all the skills per jobs (includes skill points too) (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Skill)]. Each time you level you get three skill points and three stat points. Each non-passive/active skill normally requires 2 skill points to unlock; however, some can require 3+ skill points (for example Hunter's skill Sneak Peak requires 3 skill points because there is only lv 1). I'm sure this has already been said but: until level 15, you can speak to the "Naturally-Gifted Man" NPC in the Eversun City's dojo to reset your skill or stat points (he'll give you the option of either one). You can also buy reset skill or reset stat books from the CashShop or other players (once the Item Mall has opened up in OB).
Since this is CB, you should feel free to experiment and test out each class. I made a guide a while back for general skill and stats I plan to use per job. If you want to take a look at it, feel free, just don't take it to heart. I didn't really plan on anyone else seeing it xD I just made them for my own boredom. :)
This one has job qualifications with popular builds (stats) and party roles. (https://prezi.com/jrw08zxvyn2c/job-qualifications/)
This one has the builds, party roles, skills, armor, etc I plan on using. ("https://prezi.com/papuush3of2r/my-job-builds-and-skills/)

Also, I hated BM Lol. It's an easy start class because heavy damage and the job qualification (what you have to do in order to get the job) is simply beating the BM NPC that's right inside the Eversun City's dojo (much like the Fencer's NPC is). But it was boring for me - My preference is the supporting roles (doc and muse) as well as dancer. Dancer is a good starting class. It has AoEs that you can sub without having to put points into a weapon equitable - it also is a fun class with arguably the prettiest skills. c: {Although, it won't be available right off the bat <___< -ragemode again- LOL. It'll be in the first patch they give us though, supposedly/betterbe}

Weeewww.. longest post I've ever done. << xDD Sorry about all the writing :D

SirPwn
February 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM

Feel free to try whatever skills and stats you want early on, because resetting skills and stats at the Naturally Gifted Man is completely FREE up to level 15! You can use this to make up your mind about which MA skill tree to focus on, too.

Once you hit 16 you cannot reset anymore, unless you buy a premium consumable.

Mitzruti
February 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM
a lot of the MA skills can be used by either weapon. you can also swap weapons in combat if you like a mix of them.

of the ones that do require a weapon, Fists get a pair of skills that penetrate enemy defense and a 2nd stun. they're great when fighting high-def targets, or for pvp.

staff, otoh, gets skills with high amplification which means that they scale better with buffs/stong gear etc into endgame. it's an easy choice if you want to do more damage at high levels.

...or you can just use the ones you think look cooler. best way to decide, imo.

of the aoes:
Seismic Shudder(fists) is basically only useful to generate threat while tanking. the damage is pretty terrible.
Dragon Gaurd(staff) isn't really an aoe. it does a tiny amount of splash around your primary target, but it's really a single target skill.
Staff Dance(staff) is great, but with a 40s cooldown it's not enough to earn a place as an aoe'r.

most of you value to a party would come from the MA's favored stats (Phy and Agi) giving a lot of tankyness, and the skills you'd bring in from subclasses (merc for tanking, thief's run amok for running fast while pulling), so don't need to fret about making MA skills right for that.

(ps fencer isn't too complicated, it's just a single tough choice that has to made right at the start. muse is in a similar sort of position in the party vs pet thing. WD, otoh...)

Kirbychu
February 10th, 2015, 03:26 PM
This one has job qualifications with popular builds (stats) and party roles. (https://prezi.com/jrw08zxvyn2c/job-qualifications/)
This one has the builds, party roles, skills, armor, etc I plan on using. ("https://prezi.com/papuush3of2r/my-job-builds-and-skills/)

Your second link is broken.
I'm gonna link to your first one though with the job qualifications on my blog if that's okay. I'm gonna be putting a few guides on there and that one is really good :)

Xaytsr
February 10th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I'm gonna link to your first one though with the job qualifications on my blog if that's okay. I'm gonna be putting a few guides on there and that one is really good :)
I thought that first one was helpful too... it just took me awhile to work out how to look at the info (zooming in and out and dragging the box around) still very handy and I will most likely be referring to it
Shame about that second link I'd like to have seen T_T

Still keep the useful information coming guys I really appreciate all of it ^_^

Cygsiulle
February 10th, 2015, 07:46 PM
the differences between races are so minor, it's pointless to really consider 'em. go for what you like the look of, you'll enjoy it more that way.

my advice would be to start doctor to lev 13, and martial artist to about 18, i think it was. that'll give you heal and regen skills off doctor, and a sitting hp/mp regen boost while sitting to lower your down time from MA. thief to 15 for its breathing skill to get back mp is ok, but the cooldown is long, and it doesn't really give much till around 40+, but if you go mercenary you'll want that more because you wont be able to take a regen break while tanking... main point is that you'll want to minimize your downtime as quickly as possible

deciding which class you want to play will be key, but consider what will make it better/easier to run over all, dont waste skill points on things you wont really use, and dont just spam your skills. there's a "flow of battle" you'll wanna get down.

an example would be mercenary tanking. dont waste skill points on single target skills, focus only on windmill, taunts, and your formations (and probably spear and heavy armor equip at 30). just alternate your skills as needed, instead of spamming them or you'll run out mp quickly and aoes will take agro and you wont be able to do anything about it. just use windmill when you can, and if you see an ally taking damage, then you throw out your taunt. keep a 2ndary set of armor on hand, even if it has low durability because if it breaks, you're screwed. as for 2ndary skills, thief for cool breathing and evasion boost are good, and doctor is always a good idea to have on hand unless you trust your healer and/or the aoe mages to keep you alive.

dont try to over generalize your class so you can solo and party. you'll be better off using certain classes for each role, and then using them as a 2ndary. like, early on a shaman's skills are single target only, but since it uses a wand, you can use wizard aoes if you have the scrolls for it. after shaman hits low 30s and gets its aoes, you can then use those on wizard instead and save a little bit on scrolls, or just use shaman stuff to allow your wizard to solo cheaply.

once you get equips, you can then customize things further. such as spear and heavy armor equips and using blademaster or merchant to tank, or being an aoe dps char while on doctor while using a wand and sham/wiz skills. with your mercenary built to tank, they can use blademaster, fencer, or thief skills for solo or party aoe roles and the biggest problem is that they have low mp. they dont need the equip skill for those, since they can equip 'em at default.

it's alot to take in, but this customization is one of the greatest parts about DOMO.

Xaytsr
February 10th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Whoa... Every time I come back to this thread someone else is posting things that I didn't see before....
I think this game is gonna be a steep learning curve but all this customisation is something that will be worthwhile playing with....

I really haven't seen such a customisable class system since megaten.....

Would it be worth eventually raising every class? (if that is possible ofc)

Cygsiulle
February 10th, 2015, 08:38 PM
is it worth it? that really depends on you and your play style. but yes, it is possible to do every single class to cap on a single character. each class has a certain synergy for different weapon types, so a mercenary using a wand to cast aoes would be a waste (increased mp cost and massive damage penalty) but using fencer's sword and skills be more effective ( less penalty though fencer aoes have a really high base mp cost anyway...) and things like thief and witch doctor that both use daggers would make them a good combination, provided you got skills you'd actually use out of the mix.

essentially, you have classes that are physical types that get more out of physical-ish skills, casters like doctor, shams and wizards that are magically inclined, and hybrids like fencer, witch doctor, and dancer that can make decent use out either. mixing and matching skills with that in mind helps maintain effectiveness. it's all well and good that your bladmaster can use a wand with wizard aoes, but if their skills hit weaker than a basic unarmed attack and eats through their mp like popcorn, is it really worthwhile? stuff like that.

Kitababie
February 10th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Whoa... Every time I come back to this thread someone else is posting things that I didn't see before....
I think this game is gonna be a steep learning curve but all this customisation is something that will be worthwhile playing with....

I really haven't seen such a customisable class system since megaten.....

Would it be worth eventually raising every class? (if that is possible ofc)

I leveled all my jobs to 50+ because it's just that much fun to play each class and mess around with the different skills. But it does depend on how much time you want to put into the game and how much fun you want to have :P.

Kitababie
February 10th, 2015, 08:46 PM

Aaaah Sorry: Here's the fixed link (https://prezi.com/papuush3of2r/my-job-builds-and-skills/) . And yeah, feel free to use it. If you search through my prezi's you should also find an elder's boss and elder (dd and eldy) quests that you can use too if you want. :) or I could pm them to you xD

I thought that first one was helpful too... it just took me awhile to work out how to look at the info (zooming in and out and dragging the box around) still very handy and I will most likely be referring to it
Shame about that second link I'd like to have seen T_T

Still keep the useful information coming guys I really appreciate all of it ^_^

Sorry you had trouble using it. :P But glad it was helpful. Here's the second link (https://prezi.com/papuush3of2r/my-job-builds-and-skills/) - dunno why it didn't work last time QQ.

DOMOAKFrost
February 10th, 2015, 08:53 PM
It's an interesting question.

Subbing in this game is essentially the equivalent of a Turing Tarpit - everything is possible but nothing of interest is easy.

There's only a few builds with enough synergy to be reasonable. Everything else you technically can make work, but it'll be really slow.

So I don't really foresee the advantage of taking every job to cap. The only thing to be gained is saying you got every job to cap.

Xaytsr
February 10th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I dunno maybe it was just me that thought it might be fun to try bizarre combinations (even if they don't work) cos itd be fun/interesting if I got to endgame it might be a nice way to pass time....

But then again I am one of those people whom on megaten wasted expertise capping dodge and counter then proceeded to raise guard then played that character semi-seriously without a weapon just because "I could"
Dunno if that type of attitude is welcome here but yea...

I'm guessing its pointless to try and find new things that work with the number of vets here so ye maybe going endgame then messing around if im not in a serious party may be something ill do because "I can" ^_^"
Or would this be frowned upon too much?
*NOTE* I probably wouldn't join serious parties like this. Only my close friends would have to suffer watching me flail around lolz.

Kitababie
February 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
It's an interesting question.

Subbing in this game is essentially the equivalent of a Turing Tarpit - everything is possible but nothing of interest is easy.

There's only a few builds with enough synergy to be reasonable. Everything else you technically can make work, but it'll be really slow.

So I don't really foresee the advantage of taking every job to cap. The only thing to be gained is saying you got every job to cap.

Bragging rights are always a pleasure to have though, right? :P

Cygsiulle
February 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
the difference between megaten and domo is the stats. if you wanted, you *could* build a pure wis blademaster that used a wand. you'd essentially be gimping yourself because BMs dont get much magic attack out of wis, but such a thing would be possible.

another difference is that your limits are skill slot spaces and equips, rather than a skill point system from megaten. in the example of martial artist, their 2 combat skill sets are seperated by glove and staff based combat. so if you wanted to make full use of one of those, you'd need that combat set along with the martial artist passive with the equip. all but beginner has 2 combat and 2 passive skill slots (beginner has 3 of each), so if you wanted to make a wizard that fought with a staff, wore heavy armor, and had basic heals, you absolutely could do it, if you were willing to suffer the penalties.

one thing that's really nice is that it's totally possible to pull of some really stupid seeming combinations, people will scoff, but if you have the proper build, you can make it work. the biggest question is how much down time does your build leave you with. if you have to sit down to regen every 3 spells and do next to no damage, then you're a leech on the party, but if you have a combination of skills that lets you regen/regain mp well enough, or can still do your job without people dieing all over the place, then even if the build is completely crazy, your party won't really complain, tho u'll likely have some scoff till you tell them your build.

Kitababie
February 10th, 2015, 09:38 PM
I dunno maybe it was just me that thought it might be fun to try bizarre combinations (even if they don't work) cos itd be fun/interesting if I got to endgame it might be a nice way to pass time....

But then again I am one of those people whom on megaten wasted expertise capping dodge and counter then proceeded to raise guard then played that character semi-seriously without a weapon just because "I could"
Dunno if that type of attitude is welcome here but yea...

I'm guessing its pointless to try and find new things that work with the number of vets here so ye maybe going endgame then messing around if im not in a serious party may be something ill do because "I can" ^_^"
Or would this be frowned upon too much?
*NOTE* I probably wouldn't join serious parties like this. Only my close friends would have to suffer watching me flail around lolz.
You can play however you want Lol. I mean party jobs are even flexible so long as you have some of the right skills :p. Worse case scenario, you either play how you want and end up soloing ooor you play in teams and reskill/stat at 50 (after the final party area). Best case, you hit one of the many gray areas between those two. xD End of the day.. don't over think it o.o it's just a game afterall -- have fun with it ^_^ <3