PDA

View Full Version : IP in common

Altostratus
February 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I hope it is the right section ... anyway, out of curiosity I visited the main home page of the game, and I have read the rules section, in particular I dwell on this:

18.You will not operate more than one Dream of Mirror Online game client at a time from the same computer for use in PvP gameplay of any kind. Any use of multiple Dream of Mirror Online game clients from the same computer or Internet connection which is found to be malicious, disruptive, or in violation of any of the Dream of Mirror Online Rules of Conduct, will be subject to suspension or termination.

My sister and I would like to play ... we can not? Or I have to bring the fact to a Game Master, so we can play?
Thanks for the clarification.

Gambachi
February 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM
I think it means 2 clients running side by side at the same time on the same computer like how you use for mules.

You and your sister can still play on the same computer with 2 clients just not at the same time in pvp as I presume people could then use it to easily rig matches for easy wins.

Altostratus
February 9th, 2015, 10:09 AM
So... we can not do pvp together?

Roxpie
February 9th, 2015, 10:32 AM
actually this is a good thread, i'm wondering the same thing.

Xaytsr
February 9th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Ummm would you and your sister be playing from the same computer at the same time requiring you to have two clients open?
If not and you aren't doing anything disruptive, malicious or you generally shouldn't be then you should have nothing to worry about

Kalasyn
February 9th, 2015, 11:05 AM
This was addressed on another thread. I'm about to leave for work so I can't search for the link, but the GM stated that while multiclienting is going to be discouraged, people playing on separate computers using the same IP address would be fine.

Hechizera
February 9th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Also, if it is the same as it was in Aeria, you can have two clients running in the same computer as long as you are not leveling both at the same time. You can use for example a client to setup a stall or to spam in trade chat while you are leveling with the other client.

SirPwn
February 9th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I think the rule mostly exists to allow action, just in case. I doubt it'll be something that is actively policed/monitored unless reported by other players/mods.

Rather, I have hopes that GMs won't be hammering the ban button the moment two clients log in from the same IP. I too have to share my connection. :p

Altostratus
February 9th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Also, if it is the same as it was in Aeria, you can have two clients running in the same computer as long as you are not leveling both at the same time. You can use for example a client to setup a stall or to spam in trade chat while you are leveling with the other client.

Here, in fact, I was wondering why there were so many people to stall!
So I can use a character to stall while with the main one play?
I can use two client unless level with both at the same time or I exploit for pvp?

Gambachi
February 9th, 2015, 11:30 AM
From my understanding yes that is correct. Also you can multi-client at same time for mule purposes.

EDIT: Actually while discussing. What about multi clienting for the purposes of harvesting materials? I missed if they said that was okay or not. I blummin hope so considering! :XD:

Altostratus
February 9th, 2015, 11:46 AM
From my understanding yes that is correct. Also you can multi-client at same time for mule purposes.

EDIT: Actually while discussing. What about multi clienting for the purposes of harvesting materials? I missed if they said that was okay or not. I blummin hope so considering! :XD:

Well ... it's boring to watch the character fishing or meditating for hours.

AndreaY
February 9th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Yep it was addressed before.

multi client for mule or other long-time running stuff doing nothing and alike, is tolerated
2 pc running in same house is ok
2 pc running in same house and PvP in opposite factions and same arena, is not ok (cannot be known if bro and sis, or just one user exploiting pvp trade)

Unless something new comes ;)

Altostratus
February 9th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I get it. No pvp, then.

Gambachi
February 9th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Ah great. I'm glad that harvesting one is in there. That would be hell if had to wait for it to finish without being able to play.

XplodingGoats
February 9th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Is there going to be an IP block or is it just for everyone Block free?

XplodingGoats
February 9th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I am wondering about this to, if players like me have static IP Addresses and if the household wants to play DOMO on separate computers would this violate the TOS? My brother and I want to play DOMO asap, so far this game beats anything else in terms of not being bored.

Summerstream
February 9th, 2015, 12:49 PM
@Divinity No known IP blocks have been announced.

Also, take a look at Andrea's (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74749&p=755231#post755231) post

Altostratus
February 10th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Yep it was addressed before.

multi client for mule or other long-time running stuff doing nothing and alike, is tolerated
2 pc running in same house is ok
2 pc running in same house and PvP in opposite factions and same arena, is not ok (cannot be known if bro and sis, or just one user exploiting pvp trade)

Unless something new comes ;)

I had not read well D:
So in theory we COULD play in the same team, isn' it?

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 08:07 AM
The multiclient PvP exploit are the trade kills, I personally think you can be in same team with no problems, that also happens quite often when I run some IRL event with teamed PvP on some eSport game, or when I play with my sis at home in same party.

Just be aware that is likely to be reviewed as special case, as I had, as example, tell GMs about events beforehand, and in some games I had to tell GMs about I will play with multiple accounts from same IP just because I'm not alone at home.

But, as a rule of thumb, even if you got an OK from GMs, that will not enable you to do nasty things with multiclienting, them are punished anyway.

Altostratus
February 10th, 2015, 09:41 AM
But, as a rule of thumb, even if you got an OK from GMs, that will not enable you to do nasty things with multiclienting, them are punished anyway.

Well, of course we would never do things that would lead us to ban.

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 10:15 AM
No one wants :)

It is anyway a grey zone, too risky to officially say 'yes' to some things, because a good number of people will jump on the boat of misuse.

I think at it as "do it at your own risk, if you do nothing bad, most likely you will not have any trouble". :P

Edit: handled at point 12 of the FAQ (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74757): case by case checks, so if nothing bad, nothing to fear ;)