PDA

View Full Version : DoMO Closed Beta "Find The Bug" Event Discussion Thread

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 05:38 AM
This thread about discussion of the event!

LMini
February 10th, 2015, 05:48 AM
see my other post, give me suba points now

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 06:07 AM
I think you just are joking a little :)

But as long as on the event I put some of my money in, I need be a bit serious about the given reports.

Hope you understand!

LMini
February 10th, 2015, 06:09 AM
;.; im confused pls help

LNova
February 10th, 2015, 06:14 AM
;.; im confused pls help

Don doko doko doko Don doko doko doko Don doko doko doko Don doko doko doko

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 07:02 AM
If you post more than three "Not a report" bug reports, your user will be made not eligible for the event. Thank you!

Was this mentioned in the rules? I'm so confused right now.

This was a new rule I added as soon as I saw some bad things starting on the event thread. I don't think at all to use that rule so often as I done in the first 5 minutes the event thread were posted.

More likely, on legit reports with some missing things, I just point out the things the report needs to have, but will not go be so harsh.

That kind of rule is just reserved for some special cases I will judge worth of.

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Secondly can you justify why we have to wait 6 hours to post for a new bug after reporting one earlier?

Will not "justify", but will "explain".

That rule has been made in order to avoid users that have at hand a list of bugs from previous clients, be able to fill the bugs in event almost all together. The six hours will help spread all that known bugs between different users.

Then, you may say someone can create multiple forum accounts to achieve the result anyway, but that behavior is balanced by the fact that it will ends up with a number of accounts, all with just one bug report, and will be superceeded by anyone that posts two bugs or more.

If you have done previous research and have at hand a list of known bugs, you can maximize your results, posting them one at time every six hours, posting the ones that still haven't properly reported.

Properly, it means recognized valid bug reports, done following the submission rules that are in the event thread OP. If the bug have not recognized as a proper bug report, it can be again reported there and will be valid for the event.

Einheart
February 10th, 2015, 07:33 AM
If you have done previous research and have at hand a list of known bugs, you can maximize your results, posting them one at time every six hours, posting the ones that still haven't properly reported.

Properly, it means recognized valid bug reports, done following the submission rules that are in the event thread OP. If the bug have not recognized as a proper bug report, it can be again reported there and will be valid for the event.

I'm a bit confused about this, lol. Excuse me for some questions
-These "Recognized valid bug reports", how long does it take for one to know if its properly reported?
-If it isn't properly reported (and someone else noticed it, while trying the bug as well before it is recognized as "challenge-able", and then making their own report of the same thing).. Does the latter counts, or the latter will only be counted after the first report is known as unrecognized bug report?
-If for example the report I'm going to do is just a typo of translation, does a simple report with a screenshot suffice? Or does it need to be replicated? (sometimes you just can't replicate unless you make another char, such as storyline or a one-time quests, which we have bountiful of.)

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 07:36 AM
I'm confused. Is this event endorsed by Suba?

Have talked with GM about the event prior to post it and I can run it, provided this is an user-run, user-funded event and not related with Subagames.

If someone else wants add a contribute to prizes, s/he can contact me by message ;)

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I'm a bit confused about this, lol. Excuse me for some questions

That's ok, this thread meant also to explain things better.

These "Recognized valid bug reports", how long does it take for one to know if its properly reported?

As long as other users have three days to challenge your report, it takes three days before it being validated "ok". But, to help users and speedup things, if report already have anything that invalidate it, I'll try to submit "not ok" validation even before that.

If it isn't properly reported (and someone else noticed it, while trying the bug as well before it is recognized as "challenge-able", and then making their own report of the same thing).. Does the latter counts, or the latter will only be counted after the first report is known as unrecognized bug report?

I will check reports in order of submission, following the main thread post order. That means, if same bug is reported multiple times, the first one that is validated "ok" is the one valid for event. If you feel the previous report will be unvalidated, feel free post one that is ok for you. This will incentivate the submission of proper reports in first place, as long as incomplete reports will just add hints to other users to get it for good!

-If for example the report I'm going to do is just a typo of translation, does a simple report with a screenshot suffice? Or does it need to be replicated? (sometimes you just can't replicate unless you make another char, such as storyline or a one-time quests, which we have bountiful of.)

You just need to explain how to reach that point. "replicate" means a new character can follow your indications and reach the bugged point. As the example of a bugged text, you just need explain how to reach/unlock it, and the screenshot. Don't forget to be detailed, if you only name the quest but don't say what npc gives that, or where is it located, you are missing important points.

Icywind1980
February 10th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Have talked with GM about the event prior to post it and I can run it, provided this is an user-run, user-funded event and not related with Subagames.

If someone else wants add a contribute to prizes, s/he can contact me by message ;)

You're doing this with your own money and you haven't banned the frog out of some people from your event yet? You must have the patience of a saint.

Z0mb3h
February 10th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I remember reading that we could only do one bug per thread report right? Does that count for typos and translation errors too? Or would it be ok to have a compiled list of those in one post?

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Hi, yes one bug per thread.

If a window/dialogue have multiple issues, it is ok write down all them in the single thread, anyway.

AndreaY
February 10th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Event Updates

Given the massive number of beta Keys that I see redeemed on all those MMO sites, I think the DoMO launch will be quite an event itself, and if I add on top of that, my own event that will be likely to trigger an excessive amount of activity and threads on the forum, I have now the need to change the event structure in something more easy to manage and less "thread spamming" as it can be now.

So expect some changes to a more simplified and manageable event :ROLLEYES:

More details soon.

Kazaaakplethkilik
February 10th, 2015, 06:59 PM
In the original post, you say:

the bug must have not been reported before (any subsequent thread is not eligible and void);
I assume this means that if you find some list of bugs reported in an older version of the game, and you find the same bugs in suba's version (as this DOMO will be starting at an early patch), you may report them; correct?

AndreaY
February 11th, 2015, 03:23 AM
In the original post, you say:

I assume this means that if you find some list of bugs reported in an older version of the game, and you find the same bugs in suba's version (as this DOMO will be starting at an early patch), you may report them; correct?

Yes, you can, if still bug present.

AndreaY
February 11th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Hello everyone!

The event rules have been simplified a lot and posted on main thread (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74769&p=756145#post756145)!

Have made everything much more simple and fun for all :COOL:

Einheart
February 11th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Hm.. number of winners, if you have a limit in mind?
And seeing all that changes, I guess there's no need to wait for validation anymore?
Unless Suba themselves are doing it.

AndreaY
February 11th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Well, before say how much winners there will be, it needs take a look on Cash Shop when it will be released.

The main goal is to give at least two or three good prizes, and some little ones depending the costs of little things on the mall.

Validation has been removed completely, just go 'like' the bugs you will find find worth of!

Z0mb3h
February 13th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Found my first bug ouo, is there a limit on the amount of bugs we can post by the way?

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mpxx7d.jpg

It's the beginning tutorial area for Sylphs. After you do the first part of your quests and you go talk to the NPC Jodie White; her second chat bubble just says "nil'. This is before you go and talk to Woodstock and complete the Flying Pupu quest bit.

Ghirahim
February 13th, 2015, 05:45 PM
I found a bug.
The game doesn't work.

ArabPikachu
February 13th, 2015, 05:46 PM
I found a bug, under my bed

nichls99
February 13th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Found bug/bugs. "The whole game"

KesusR
February 13th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Found a spelling error:
http://gyazo.com/1fba7a06a9ee1e0de111a5d91091ab86

KesusR
February 13th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Found a spelling error:
Gyazo - 1fba7a06a9ee1e0de111a5d91091ab86.png (http://gyazo.com/1fba7a06a9ee1e0de111a5d91091ab86)

And another on the mirror world job guide:

Gyazo - d4693a2e905459e01ba78645fc36729d.png (http://gyazo.com/d4693a2e905459e01ba78645fc36729d)

PS. I don't think this co-ordinate is......um.......available....
http://gyazo.com/3a7c1eb7350f092710471c977e89dc62

AND MORE! GASP!

When typing (long sentances etc), the cursor (at least for me) gets increasingly further and further away from the end of the typed words

KesusR
February 13th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Why does the Tabby Cat npc thing just slide around instead of run? ;-; It's scary

AndreaY
February 16th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Given the smooth going of the event, will start to post here every now and then, a list of reported bugs (only brief summary, and link to) and people that made them, so you can see if bug were reported or not.

Winners will be chosen from that list.

As side note, remember to write a ticket about bug if you want see it fixed, SubaGames will use the ticket system (https://subagames.com/SupportPage.aspx) to work on any bug fixing!!!

AndreaY
February 16th, 2015, 08:41 AM
List of all users that submitted bugs good for the event so far:

PrinceMarcusX, LitliAlfurinn, SirPwn, Z0mb3h, GhoulklegiheC7R, Einheart, GameGrave, Syphonizer, LiananyanetFSR3, LoIcatKumi, Pholtos, Kaipiee, Zaffie, Zenifl, Xyratem, Vodalaire, Icywind1980, Succubusty

If someone not listed as date of post, likely the bug wasn't reported properly or I missed your post. just reply here linking to your bug report if the case.

Kitsunari
February 16th, 2015, 09:19 AM
When flying i noticed that the Sky flickers when theres something in the way (Example; Flying through eversun south and as i look at the sky flying past Pandoras platform, its a gray shade that flickers around the platform)

Also When the Quest to talk to the Team Guide in Eversun City to get the titles
Unable to get titles Even when all the options have been selected.

AndreaY
March 25th, 2015, 04:39 AM
List of all users that submitted bugs good for the event:

Alhktw13
Anagniescape
Chiyone
DarkzHeart
Einheart
Eleyra
GPolky
GameGrave
GhoulklegiheC7R
Icywind1980
Kaipiee
Kaph5200YaOtrtQ
KashyDragneel
KiPi0815
LiananyanetFSR3
LitliAlfurinn
LoIcatKumi
Lokina
MinkMinku
Nariki
OmfgSoySauce
Pholtos
Poingy
PrinceMarcusX
Raineyes
RedStarLights
SirPwn
Siren10101
Succubusty
Syphonizer
Vodalaire
Vulpixy01
Xyratem
Z0mb3h
Zaffie
Zakurelle
Zenifl

It is quite a list, so to sort it out (and remove anyone that, for some reason not around anymore) I ask if you are on the list, please send me a forum PM with your in-game character name, and a list of 5 items (in order of preference) that you'd like receive as prize.

I will take a look at your list and will give out prizes until the event amount is reached, from the lower cost one and ahead.

It is in your best interest put into your list also items with low cost, as they are more likely being sent: if you list the 5 most expensive items of the cash shop, it will be likely you will receive nothing.

You have 10 days from now on, to send your PM. Good luck!

Vulpixy01
March 25th, 2015, 07:04 AM
^^ mine is sent, with a variance in prices. Hopefully I can get what I really want out of it :o

Icywind1980
March 25th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Sent PM. Thank you!! <3

Z0mb3h
March 26th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Ah thankyou, sent a pm c:

AndreaY
April 4th, 2015, 06:00 AM
PM submission time have expired, all users that have claimed their prizes will have them sent in next days.

I will contact you personally one by one to let you know what you won and how to get them.

Thank you for everyone that have participate the event!

Raineyes
April 4th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Um, can I still PM you? It's still only march 4th where I live, which is in the 10 day limit.

Edit: I went ahead and sent one. Fingers crossed.

Raineyes
April 4th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Um, can I still PM you? It's still only march 4th where I live, which is in the 10 day limit.

Edit: I went ahead and sent one. Fingers crossed.

April* geez

AndreaY
April 5th, 2015, 04:38 AM
AHAHA you late! But maybe something still around for you too, check your inbox ;)

AndreaY
April 5th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Here the final list of all winners that have claimed prizes, and assigned prizes:

Raineyes
2299 Bigger Bag
1200 Pet name tag

SirPwn
500 Angel Halo II 7 days
239 Teleport
239 Teleport
239 Teleport
239 Teleport

Einheart
7500 Pet Token

Zenifl
2000 Hair Dye 8
1999 Baby Big Bonus Badge 1 day
1599 Baby Bonus Booster Badge 1 day
1500 Angel Halo 30 day

Lokina
7500 Pet Token

Z0mb3h
7500 Pet Token

Icywind1980
4500 Traditional dress 30 day
2299 Bigger Bag
1200 Pet name tag

Vulpixy01
5000 Badge of fortune 30 day
2299 Bigger Bag

Overall Suba Points awarded: 49851

Not much people came to claim the win, so I were able to assign the best things to all who done it, you sooo lucky :)

About prize trade, I'├Čll be online from April 7 onwards, will make a character at the scope, check your messages for details.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Icywind1980
April 5th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Amazing thank you!! I am around just about whenever you need me to be.

AndreaY
April 8th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Hi all!
I managed some meetings, will be online Saturday at the time you can see on this world time map (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=meeting&iso=20150411T2130&p1=215&ah=1)!

It is 9.30pm up to 10.30 pm CEST.

IGN: AndreaY

Icywind1980
April 8th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Cool, see ya then.

Vulpixy01
April 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
works for me! cya in game :)

AndreaY
April 9th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Managed a PC at the scope:

IGN: Sanee
Meeting point: Eversun, X:190 Y:310

Icywind1980
April 9th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Managed a PC at the scope:

IGN: Sanee
Meeting point: Eversun, X:190 Y:310

Okay so Saturday evening 9pmish?

AndreaY
April 11th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I will login in about 2 hours from now ;)

Icywind1980
April 11th, 2015, 01:42 PM
I will login in about 2 hours from now ;)

Cool I'm in now and I'll be on then.

Vulpixy01
April 11th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I think I missed ya D: Was having a really bad night last night and I logged early T^T

AndreaY
April 12th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Hi, don't worry, I planned to be online at the scope more times next week.

Given the differencs in time zones, I'll try to arrange a meeting in "my" afternoon and another one in the evening, so you can have more opportunities to get your stuff.

About afternoons I've to check my schedules first, and will make a forum post here tomorrow to let you know the time I can be on.

Einheart
April 13th, 2015, 05:07 AM
I sent you an ingame mail. If you get it, can you just mail me the item via the ingame mail? :D

AndreaY
April 14th, 2015, 11:39 AM
If it works, sure. Anyway I'll be online next days. As soon the schedule made I'll post here so hopefully everyone have their things in short time.

Einheart
April 17th, 2015, 06:58 PM
If it works, sure. Anyway I'll be online next days. As soon the schedule made I'll post here so hopefully everyone have their things in short time.

Yea it works, I've been mailing my alts with muh items o.o
So mail it to my char, Neil xD

AndreaY
April 27th, 2015, 10:29 AM
YAY!

Thanks to let me know that works.

This evening I will mail everything to the missing people!

Einheart
April 27th, 2015, 11:18 AM
YAY!

Thanks to let me know that works.

This evening I will mail everything to the missing people!

It will get sent back if its not read within 24h after it is sent I think, not sure.
Idk how long it will last if not taken too (but read) o.ob

AndreaY
April 28th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Hi all!
I've sent right now all the items by mail!

Have fun you all!!!!

AndreaY
May 5th, 2015, 02:59 PM
It seems all items delivered! If any concern around, please use PM system :)

Thanks all and see ya for next events^^

Discussion thread closed.