PDA

View Full Version : Video of your GM playing DOMO!

ZenDragoon
February 11th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Hey guys,

Early while I was testing out the game, I decided to record some of my failures adventures with playing the game in a Let's Playish style. It was a ton fun to make and I thought this would help tide you over until the closed beta release on Friday. This was done all in fun so hopefully you don't take it too seriously :)

Click here to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ESZinUyTk&list=UUr9Y5Tf_Nt0W5KohdrpUGGQ

Carecrow
February 11th, 2015, 11:34 PM
First time I ever saw someone use click to move.

ZenDragoon
February 11th, 2015, 11:37 PM
I was wasd now but I was quite the scrub when recording this... Ahh who am I kidding, I still stink at this :P

Eostre
February 11th, 2015, 11:44 PM
I was wasd now but I was quite the scrub when recording this... Ahh who am I kidding, I still stink at this :P

What a scrub~

Superstarstrike
February 11th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Early while I was testing out the game, I decided to record some of my failures adventures with playing the game in a Let's Playish style. It was a ton fun to make and I thought this would help tide you over until the closed beta release on Friday. This was done all in fun so hopefully you don't take it too seriously :)

I wish the thing actually worked on this forum.

I also used to move around by clicking.

Verdehile
February 12th, 2015, 12:01 AM

so everyone use ASWD movement? o_o
i always use click to move from the first time i play DOMO... :P

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 12:18 AM

Same I always used click to move while playing AG DOMO (but back then I was on a desktop, whereas now I'm on a laptop). When I started playing other MMO's (such as WoW, SWTOR, FFXIV, etc.), I started getting more used to using WASD to move. So when I decided to try the TW DOMO I gave WASD move a try and haven't looked back. The only time I turn on click-to-move is when trying to traverse stairs.

Yurimidomo
February 12th, 2015, 12:37 AM

so since that's the case will you be leveling with us around DOMO? ^^

Miradora
February 12th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Thanks for posting this, it was amusing to watch and it answered a few things I was wondering about on the side.

From the video, the codebase appears to be pretty recent and already has some features that were not available on the previous English servers. It looks like the achievements system and some of the newer daily events/daily quests have already been implemented, as well as some other fairly recent quests.

You mentioned something about getting the music into a suitable format for distribution in the video. In order to extract the music in mp3 format, you need to use a program called FMV-Extractor (guide and download link here (http://windheart.myweb.hinet.net/sign/fmv_teach.htm)). The extracted files won't have proper tracknames, but they do have Chinese ID3 tags. There's an English Tracklist here (http://akfrostarchive.proboards.com/thread/80/song-index), or, alternatively, archives of already tagged and extracted files (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/mr/domo%20music%20and%20sounds.htm) (but only the mediafire links still work).

DOMOAKFrost
February 12th, 2015, 01:18 AM
I have wasd on/off on my hotkeys.

WASD is useful for movement but on those abominable stairs click move is the easiest solution.

Cleftobismal
February 12th, 2015, 02:01 AM
First PvP Assignment Confirmed. The Scru-- I mean lesser GM shall be avenged.

TheRealTangerine
February 12th, 2015, 04:12 AM
I noticed that the gemstone upgrade system is already present, as is the bronze/silver/gold plate ressurection style. Gonna watch it again :P

Fencer NPC is there, dunno if he works though, but Fencer from the get go will be nice :P

Icywind1980
February 12th, 2015, 04:28 AM
That Canadian accent O_O

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Look at it now people Eversun City will never be that empty again, and by empty i mean Lag free.

Speaking of failure, i demand more GM failure vids :D

MinatoU
February 12th, 2015, 04:52 AM
14:40 uh oh, ads in your inventory

I'm confused, Swordsman adviser turned you into a Blademaster
the burglar called you a commoner but the chasm king called you a citizen
So which translation is being used here

Also, what is your real Let's Play channel? :(

Icywind1980
February 12th, 2015, 04:57 AM
14:40 uh oh, ads in your inventory

I don't see the ad O_O can you screen cap it?

TheRealTangerine
February 12th, 2015, 04:59 AM
Its the right side of the inventory with all the exp rings :P

HarukaMizu
February 12th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Watching that just made me 100000x more excited to play again :evil:

HakiYuna
February 12th, 2015, 10:23 AM
a real time month equal to a year in domo, and look at the time bar...

GM is tricking us, they started this alpha test 10 years ago DX

Xaytsr
February 12th, 2015, 10:31 AM
It was entertaining to watch and now I'm even more hyped

On a side note:
This is all very well and good but where is that client download?
CBT starts in roughly 30-ish hours and still no client download....

Tsukiya
February 12th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I kinda wanna see the Gm go casking...:evil:

And yea...an update on the client would be nice.

Kitababie
February 12th, 2015, 10:44 AM
You're adorable! xD When you were like omg a big dog - i was like awww sweetie that's a boss, it'll eat you. Love the noobness and hope you do end up playing the game with us! (even if its on a secret alt hehehe)

Kitababie
February 12th, 2015, 10:46 AM
It was entertaining to watch and now I'm even more hyped

On a side note:
This is all very well and good but where is that client download?

It'll be up five minutes before CBT :troll:

Xaytsr
February 12th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I am actually beginning to think that will be the case

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 10:57 AM

It's on Valve Time, google valve time if you don't get it.

Kitababie
February 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
It's on Valve Time, google valve time if you don't get it.

Aahaha-- I get it. (had to look it up :o)

ZuToDoRiToKa
February 12th, 2015, 11:07 AM

leagueoflegend, dota n many other game still use click....

GairoKun
February 12th, 2015, 11:18 AM
I noticed that the gemstone upgrade system is already present, as is the bronze/silver/gold plate ressurection style. Gonna watch it again :P

Fencer NPC is there, dunno if he works though, but Fencer from the get go will be nice :P

I i remember correctly, the Fencer advisor stood there from the start and just wouldnt let you take the challenge :P

but yeah, there's a lot of newer NPCs in the game that wouldnt be there unless we start at a kinda recent patch. but then again, we're not sure they test on the patch we'll start on

IsharaM
February 12th, 2015, 11:18 AM
It was a fun video. I had fun laughing at the noob mistakes :P Don't worry, we were all there at one point.

Regarding WASD movement, in DOMO I always used click to move. The switch from movement control to typing was too much for me. With point & click to move, I could type one handed and still move if need be. Of course, it was also the first game I had ever played that even had WASD controls. I've since gotten used to it with Skyrim so we shall see what works this time around...

Zyrkun
February 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I always use WASD for movement.
But whenever I have to type on chat, I would use click to move, or just use the auto-route feature by clicking onto the map before proceeding to type.

Anyways, it was an entertaining video to watch. I'm not going to lie, it made me chuckle more than a few times. Thanks for the share, [GM]ZenDragoon.

ChallengerAhri
February 12th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Zen sounds so frazzled and adorable.

Kalasyn
February 12th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Did you... Did you just say LORDY LOO?!?!?! :X I think you're my new fave GM lol!! I hope we get a chance to play with you in the future! :3

It's fun watching someone new go through the game for the first time again. We were all there... I know I made some of those mistakes when I started out... back in 2007. Ohgad, I'm old.

Amaiha
February 12th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Oh god xD "I can't believe I'm uploading this to Youtube" It wasn't as bad as you think we were all there. It was funny though LOL.

Oxycore
February 12th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Unfortunately, if you just use WASD movement, you get stuck on stupid ledges that are 3 inches off the ground.

SeekingKnowledge
February 12th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Thanks for posting the video. Really appreciate it! Now....the mounting excitement is building even more! Just watching makes me want to play it that much more! Take a few trips down memory lane once CB starts...WHOOT!

ZenDragoon
February 12th, 2015, 01:29 PM
You're adorable! xD When you were like omg a big dog - i was like awww sweetie that's a boss, it'll eat you. Love the noobness and hope you do end up playing the game with us! (even if its on a secret alt hehehe)

Haha why thank you :P. I'd like to play with players when the game launches and it wouldn't be a secret alt ;)

i demand more GM failure vids :D

We'll see! I definitely enjoyed making this :)

I'm pretty sure citizen is another word for a commoner. As for my LP channel, I may have suggested hints at it but I'm not certain if it would be a good idea to post it publicly.

We're pushing for last minute tweaks on this and it will be up later this afternoon. Keep an eye out for a forum/facebook post.

In order to extract the music in mp3 format, you need to use a program called FMV-Extractor (guide and download link here (http://windheart.myweb.hinet.net/sign/fmv_teach.htm)).

We'll be attempting trying this out. Hopefully it turns out ok. Thanks for the tip!

Zen sounds so frazzled and adorable.

What do you mean by frazzled :P?

Did you... Did you just say LORDY LOO?!?!?! :X I think you're my new fave GM lol!! I hope we get a chance to play with you in the future! :3

HA!!! Suck it, Kraz :P! I do plan on playing with you guys!

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I have wasd on/off on my hotkeys.

WASD is useful for movement but on those abominable stairs click move is the easiest solution.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110218171219/spongebob/images/c/c3/Much_much_later.jpg

Unfortunately, if you just use WASD movement, you get stuck on stupid ledges that are 3 inches off the ground.

Thanks for rewording. I can never make sense of Frost's technical mumbo jumbo.

Amaiha
February 12th, 2015, 01:54 PM
We're pushing for last minute tweaks on this and it will be up later this afternoon. Keep an eye out for a forum/facebook post.

Yayay (:
10 characters and I don't have anythin else to say but yay lol.

SeekingKnowledge
February 12th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Another video might take some of the Domo CB anxiety off. *Hint hint* X)

Xaytsr
February 12th, 2015, 01:59 PM

Wooo thankies for giving us some news on this.
How about CB rewards?

And finally what facebook? Can anyone link me? (I don't use facebook much but I can get someone to txt me if news is posted there)

Amaiha
February 12th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Wooo thankies for giving us some news on this.
How about CB rewards?

And finally what facebook? Can anyone link me? (I don't use facebook much but I can get someone to txt me if news is posted there)

I mean I think it's this one. If not someone correct me.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Of-Mirror-Online/1461965920740467

ChallengerAhri
February 12th, 2015, 02:07 PM
What do you mean by frazzled :P?

Easily worn out <3. That Baby Bow Wow Boss was such a great feat, I must admit.
GM Zen for world president.

XplodingGoats
February 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hehe rock on, playing DOMO. Please check ur PM's ZenDragoon from me.

ZenDragoon
February 12th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Another video might take some of the Domo CB anxiety off. *Hint hint* X)

Hoooooo boy I wish I had time to do that :(. Also, my microphone was left at home.

Ghirahim
February 12th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Our GM sucks at the game TT_TT
:P

I also have a question, if you don't mind me asking (I know you'll be busy): Has the font been changed to how it was in the Aeria/GT Versions since the footage was taken? :)

ZenDragoon
February 12th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Our GM sucks at the game TT_TT
:P

I also have a question, if you don't mind me asking (I know you'll be busy): Has the font been changed to how it was in the Aeria/GT Versions since the footage was taken? :)

Clearly you must've been watching someone else play because I thought I did amazing :P

No change to the font. I'm not the biggest fan of it either so if enough players want it changed, I'll send an email to Softstar.

Ghirahim
February 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Clearly you must've been watching someone else play because I thought I did amazing :P

No change to the font. I'm not the biggest fan of it either so if enough players want it changed, I'll send an email to Softstar.

Good thing I got the wrong video, the person in the video I watched was a pathetic loser who would have no hope of being vaguely close to a passable GM. (jk :P).

I doubt that many people will complain about the font, and there are more important things. I don't mind at all during beta, but hopefully Softstar can supply the correct (in my mind at least) font before the end of OB.

Kitababie
February 12th, 2015, 04:29 PM

-starts a petition because Zen told us to-

Amaiha
February 12th, 2015, 04:37 PM
-starts a petition because Zen told us to-

1st signature. o/

Gigglypuff1313
February 12th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Yup I can't way to see everyone rage-hunting Bow Wow Bosses to show you how it's done. I was honestly hoping for a random Pupu President spawn to see you get squished :-P But still that was a fun video to watch all the same, can't wait til tomorrow for beta!

Xaytsr
February 12th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Hey [GM]ZenDragoon,
Do you have any info to give us about CB rewards?
Please?

And why wont you play with us? I was hoping U'd come protect me from the giant puppy T_T

Amaiha
February 12th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Hey [GM]ZenDragoon,
Please?

And why wont you play with us? I was hoping U'd come protect me from the giant puppy T_T

He said he would try to make time to play with us sometimes. :3

Mizu1
February 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Regarding the font, it looks like the configuration file that suba is pushing out is corrupted so the font file is being replaced with the domo fallback.

To fix this you can modify : C:\Suba Games\DOMO_US\Main\Config\ExecParam
Change the three text lines to "FONTXX=mingliu" - mingliu is the font that Aeria's DOMO utilized.

You'll need to make the file immutable from overwrites, but you'll need to figure that out as itll void your warranty!

Also, if you are using a 1080P monitor, you can change the monitor settings in this file. The options that suba's launcher provides is missing the 1080P settings unfortunately. As well as some typos ;) but I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out.

Edit: Revoking write permissions on this file from the launcher will cause the launcher to halt. The best workaround is to update after launch, change the file and use C:\Suba Games\DOMO_US\Main\DOMO to launch the game, bypassing the launcher.

If enough people mention these issues I'm sure they can be resolved via suba tweaking the launcher.

Miradora
February 12th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Regarding the font, it looks like the configuration file that suba is pushing out is corrupted so the font file is being replaced with the domo fallback.

Change the three text lines to "FONTXX=mingliu" - mingliu is the font that Aeria's DOMO utilized.

You'll need to make the file immutable from overwrites, but you'll need to figure that out as itll void your warranty!

Also, if you are using a 1080P monitor, you can change the monitor settings in this file. The options that suba's launcher provides is missing the 1080P settings unfortunately. As well as some typos ;) but I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out.

Edit: Revoking write permissions on this file from the launcher will cause the launcher to halt. The best workaround is to update after launch, change the file and use C:\Suba Games\DOMO_US\Main\DOMO to launch the game, bypassing the launcher.

If enough people mention these issues I'm sure they can be resolved via suba tweaking the launcher.

Changing the font name to the English equivalent is good advice which I was pretty sure I'd have to give out soon, given that the font names in the file are in Traditional Chinese and probably won't be readable unless you're in the right system locale.

However, even if you don't set this file as read only, the custom font settings will not be overwritten by anything, so it's safe to leave it writable. I think if you set it up as read only, it will thwart any attempt to change settings ingame, or at least render the game unable to save them.

Ghirahim
February 12th, 2015, 09:40 PM

ZENDRAGOON!
Pay attention to this post!
I tried it, it works if you don't go through the launcher!
So adjusting the launcher to allow this (and also setting this as the default font) will correct the font, hopefully easily! :D

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Hey [GM]ZenDragoon,
Please?

Please ask this a few more times. I'm sure the more you ask, the faster it'll be answered.

Xaytsr
February 12th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Please ask this a few more times. I'm sure the more you ask, the faster it'll be answered.

Ofc cos that's how it works right?

Matchamatsu
February 13th, 2015, 01:49 AM

Same...mostly because of getting stuck on stairs/bridges and whatever.

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 09:23 AM

No no no. This is how you talk to people. -faces wall- Hi brick wall :D

Xaytsr
February 13th, 2015, 11:03 AM
No no no. This is how you talk to people. -faces wall- Hi brick wall :D
Your wall talks back to u too?

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 13th, 2015, 12:18 PM

They won't shut up.

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Only after I hit my head against it a few times. :D

Xaytsr
February 13th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Only after I hit my head against it a few times. :D
Ah... that'd do the trick ^_^

ZenDragoon
February 13th, 2015, 12:47 PM
There will be closed beta rewards just give us some time to announce what it actually is as we're waiting for confirmation on something :P

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 12:50 PM
There will be closed beta rewards just give us some time to announce what it actually is as we're waiting for confirmation on something :P
but... but... patience wasn't built into my genes :C That allele got left behind.

--realistically we have three weeks of CB so as long as any req. for obtaining it are given in the first week idc {please be a title not a flag qq}--

XplodingGoats
February 13th, 2015, 01:48 PM
the hype is real for the disconnect error in the game ;o

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM
the hype is real for the disconnect error in the game ;o
CB doesn't start until 5pm est.

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 02:00 PM
CB doesn't start until 5pm est.

Brick walls sweetie, brick walls. :I

Xaytsr
February 13th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Oooooooo sounds interesting..... Please say its something more than a title.......

Would really like a pet and/or CB flag.... guess we can wait and see.....

And as mentioned as long as we have enough time to meet any reqs

Kirbychu
February 13th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Oooooooo sounds interesting..... Please say its something more than a title.......

Would really like a pet and/or CB flag.... guess we can wait and see.....

And as mentioned as long as we have enough time to meet any reqs

I like the idea of a pet of choice (original of course - dont want to be greedy). I also really want my CB flag back :( all the haters be hatin on the CB flag...

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 04:11 PM
As much as I love pets, guys think of the long run. There's a LOT of CB players that'll be attending this. Imagine the economy of pets and overpopulation that'll happen if pets were the reward... it'll be Nurse Sara's all over again. :(

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 13th, 2015, 04:20 PM
As much as I love pets, guys think of the long run. There's a LOT of CB players that'll be attending this. Imagine the economy of pets and overpopulation that'll happen if pets were the reward... it'll be Nurse Sara's all over again. :(

YOU SAID A BAD WORD.

Though it would be true lol

Xaytsr
February 13th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Pets from pet tokens don't have the power to heal?
Pets from pet tokens give a chance to give metal pet?
If pet tokens from CB are non-trade the impact on the economy would be minimal?

SeekingKnowledge
February 13th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Hoooooo boy I wish I had time to do that :(. Also, my microphone was left at home.

It's ok. Before we know, domo videos will be popping up all over YouTube and flooding it a thousand times over! :)

Kitababie
February 13th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Pets from pet tokens don't have the power to heal?
Pets from pet tokens give a chance to give metal pet?
If pet tokens from CB are non-trade the impact on the economy would be minimal?

I doubt they'll be NT. And you clearly don't respect the pet economy. :<

Zaffie
February 13th, 2015, 09:39 PM
I want to be as PRO as [GM]ZenDragoon /o/