PDA

View Full Version : BEST TANKER Soloer Class?

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Hi everyone. this is the 2nd day since the 1st time i read about this game so im gonna be a really newbie on this one. i would like to ask of any of you guys who previously played this game knows the main job/class who can solo run on its own and solo tank bosses? i would also prefer a class who can do good in pvp. thanks in advance ^_~

Skyish
February 12th, 2015, 02:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that mercenary is the only real tank class, but I think martial artists are also good. At least based on the descriptions, since I never played either of these classes.

Martial Artists have the highest HP and HP regeneration, but Mercenary can use a shield, and has skills that generate more threat. So, I guess martial artist is the closest you will get to a tank for soloing, but Mercenary is probably the main tank for the parties.

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Martial Artist

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Martial Artist can solo kill bosses in this game? or other job class can do too? btw thank u so much for ur time and reply.

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Martial Artist can solo kill bosses in this game? or other job class can do too? btw thank u so much for ur time and reply.

Really any job can if you have good subs. And I'm not entirely sure what you mean by bosses...though I'm sure once you get into the game you'll see what I mean...

EDIT: Also just remembered something that can kill what people consider "bosses" fairly quickly...

...a level 61 ruby pet.

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Boxing glove MA, I think, can. I never really soloed as a MA so i have no idea.

Superstarstrike
February 12th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Axe-typed Mercenaries and Martial Artists are your best bet if you're looking for tanky.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:36 AM
I dont really like relying on parties to level up or hunt items. i want to be independent on my own. if its pvp then thats where i want to play with groups/guilds/parties. currently i will try MA or BM... im still not sure if i want the boxing type or staff type MA hehe thanks for ur reply everyone ^_~

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 03:38 AM

Not as well as other classes. If you mean raid bosses, afaik nobody soloed any raids maining on MA. But it is probably the best solo tank class and is decent in pvp. This would be primarily glove skill tree.

Staff skills are good for killing bosses at late game work better subbed on hunter.

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Well you have until lvl 15 to get all the free resets you want. After lvl 15 on that job you can no longer get free resets anymore, and have to buy the cash shop item for both stats and skills. So i would try both and see which one you suits you more.

You can also go here (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Job) and read up on MA and BM. I don't know how much it will really help you though, but it should give you good solo builds.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:42 AM
hmm i see.. also do MA's wear heavy armor? i would also like to know whats the difference with those armors. i also came to this class called Mercenary and i think im going to try this instead coz its using a shield and axe/sword/spear? hehe

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 03:45 AM
hmm i see.. also do MA's wear heavy armor? i would also like to know whats the difference with those armors. i also came to this class called Mercenary and i think im going to try this instead coz its using a shield and axe/sword/spear? hehe

MA wears Clothing, but if you get Merc to lvl 30 (i think) you can unlock Equip Heavy Armour for all classes by subbing it, same with the shield.

Axe merc is for soloing where as spear is for partying.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:51 AM
Okay now im really confused lolz So this game is more like "Main class + Sub class" and you can also use your SUB CLASS skills along with your Main class skills? i think the limitations will be Skill Points but not really sure...

So i can be a boxing MA with heavy armor and healing skills etc if my sub class have those skills? O_O WoW! thats amazing! how the hell did i miss this game!? -_-"

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 03:52 AM

Ideally you would wear HA for tanking or pvp vs non-magical classes. You need to level Mercenary to level 30 to do this.

MinatoU
February 12th, 2015, 03:52 AM
The only real tanks in this game are Mercenary and Martial Artist, but pretty much any job can solo your regular vengeance bosses.
It is also possible to solo raid bosses, but you will need to put in a bit of time and money and it's generally not worth the trouble.

Okay now im really confused lolz So this game is more like "Main class + Sub class" and you can also use your SUB CLASS skills along with your Main class skills? i think the limitations will be Skill Points but not really sure...

So i can be a boxing MA with heavy armor and healing skills etc if my sub class have those skills? O_O WoW! thats amazing! how the hell did i miss this game!? -_-"

You can sub any job on any job but you have to level every job separately.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:54 AM
Well you have until lvl 15 to get all the free resets you want. After lvl 15 on that job you can no longer get free resets anymore, and have to buy the cash shop item for both stats and skills. So i would try both and see which one you suits you more.

You can also go here Job - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Job) and read up on MA and BM. I don't know how much it will really help you though, but it should give you good solo builds.

Thank you for the reply and links. Actually im checking and gathering intels from that link and this one (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=3) since yesterday. hehe

Agiantnotepad
February 12th, 2015, 03:56 AM

Welcome to the DoMO community my fellow dreamer and hope you enjoy your sta

Martial Artist is a class that wears armour called "Clothing". In DoMO there are five different types of armour that can be worn. Clothing usually worn by Thief, MA, Hunter, Merchant, Witch Doctors and commoners. Heavy Armour (HA) is worn by Mercenaries. Light Armour (LA) is worn by Blademaster, Fencer and Mercenaries. Wizard, Shaman and doctors is worn by robes and Dancer and Musician wear dancer costumes.

However once you level a certain class to level 30. For example mercenary, you can get a passive skill to "Equip Heavy Armor" and as long as you sub it to the other classes you can wear heavy armor.

Clothing - So so defense, increase atk speed. Jabbing monster faster
Heavy Clothing - Gives the highest defense but reduces magic attack
LA - So so defense, increase p.atk
Robes - Lowest defense, High magic defense
Dancer Costume - Highest magic defense armor, increase atk speed.

I think that is the basics.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Welcome to the DoMO community my fellow dreamer and hope you enjoy your sta

Martial Artist is a class that wears armour called "Clothing". In DoMO there are five different types of armour that can be worn. Clothing usually worn by Thief, MA, Hunter, Merchant, Witch Doctors and commoners. Heavy Armour (HA) is worn by Mercenaries. Light Armour (LA) is worn by Blademaster, Fencer and Mercenaries. Wizard, Shaman and doctors is worn by robes and Dancer and Musician wear dancer costumes.

However once you level a certain class to level 30. For example mercenary, you can get a passive skill to "Equip Heavy Armor" and as long as you sub it to the other classes you can wear heavy armor.

I think that is the basics.

nice! thanks a lot for that amazing explanation! ^_^
hmm so i need a sub who will provide me the capability to wear HA LA and Dancer Costume... btw how many sub class can i get? all of them? >,..,<

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 04:05 AM

Gonna expand on what this guy said by copy/pasting what the Wiki has to say about each type of armor.

Heavy Armor - Heavy Armor has high physical defense, no magic defense, reduces magic attack by 3%, and reduces attack speed by 1%. In addition, Heavy Armor headgear gives an HP bonus of 10%.

Clothing - Clothing has medium physical defense. Additionally hat gives a HP bonus, shoes and gloves gives evasion bonus, and body and trousers gives attack speed bonus.

Light Armor - Light Armor has slightly high physical defense, increased physical attack and no magic defense. Light Armor headgear gives an HP bonus.

Dancerwear - Dancer's Costume has a mix of both magic defense and physical defense. Shoes and hand armor substitute 5% attack speed in place of magic defense.

Robes - Robe armor has high magic defense, low physical defense, and reduces physical attack by 2%. Robe headgear adds to maximum MP in place of magic defense.

Basically, you wanna wear either Clothing or Light Armor if you're going to be out and about fighting things solo. Heavy Armor, while it does give you a lot more defense and HP, will lower your attack speed and magic defense by a significant amount. I would honestly recommend Light Armor over Clothing for the added defense bonus, but it's really up to you.

EDIT: The following classes give the armor equips at level 30 (for 15 skill points):
Wizard - Robes
Thief - Clothing
Mercenary - Heavy Armor
Blademaster - Light Armor
Dancer - Dancer's Costume

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 04:09 AM
hmm so i need a sub who will provide me the capability to wear HA LA and Dancer Costume... btw how many sub class can i get? all of them? >,..,<

You can get them all but you can only sub two actives and two passives (3 on commoner) at a time

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 04:12 AM

Skill points aren't shared. So as long as you know your build, or ask others for help you won't waste sp. The only problem with subbing skills is that if you use to high a level skill you will drain your mp fast, BUT you can set the skill level in the skill menu to fit your current jobs level so you don't waste mp and up them as you progress. At any time.

You can have, if my memory serves me right, two weapon sets two passive sets and one common i think. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Agiantnotepad
February 12th, 2015, 04:14 AM
Gonna expand on what this guy said by copy/pasting what the Wiki has to say about each type of armor.

Heavy Armor - Heavy Armor has high physical defense, no magic defense, reduces magic attack by 3%, and reduces attack speed by 1%. In addition, Heavy Armor headgear gives an HP bonus of 10%.

Clothing - Clothing has medium physical defense. Additionally hat gives a HP bonus, shoes and gloves gives evasion bonus, and body and trousers gives attack speed bonus.

Light Armor - Light Armor has slightly high physical defense, increased physical attack and no magic defense. Light Armor headgear gives an HP bonus.

Dancerwear - Dancer's Costume has a mix of both magic defense and physical defense. Shoes and hand armor substitute 5% attack speed in place of magic defense.

Robes - Robe armor has high magic defense, low physical defense, and reduces physical attack by 2%. Robe headgear adds to maximum MP in place of magic defense.

Basically, you wanna wear either Clothing or Light Armor if you're going to be out and about fighting things solo. Heavy Armor, while it does give you a lot more defense and HP, will lower your attack speed and magic defense by a significant amount. I would honestly recommend Light Armor over Clothing for the added defense bonus, but it's really up to you.

EDIT: The following classes give the armor equips at level 30 (for 15 skill points):
Wizard - Robes
Thief - Clothing
Mercenary - Heavy Armor
Blademaster - Light Armor
Dancer - Dancer's Costume

Thank you madam for the clarification. Here I am going to tip me fedora for you. /Tip tip tip tip tip

Well it can be argued that clothing is the best armor in the game. Why? as you said before, I mean copied. "Clothing has medium physical defense. Additionally hat gives a HP bonus, shoes and gloves gives evasion bonus, and body and trousers gives attack speed bonus." Why the hell would you want to wear Light Armour after seeing that clothing gives you evasion bonus? It is easy to RNG manipulate to dodge each mobs physical attack, I do it all the time. Source: DoMO Veteran.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 04:15 AM
@Kirbychu thanks alot ^_~

@Carecrow i see... so i can be a MA with Merc & BM sub class and have 2 passive... u mean i can only use 2 passive skills from both BM & Merc sub class? hmm... i thought i can use their other skills too T_T

TheRealTangerine
February 12th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Plat and Gold MA staffs can be used with a shield :P

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 04:19 AM
Plat and Gold MA staffs can be used with a shield :P

I never had a plat or gold wep could never afford them :/

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 04:20 AM
@Kirbychu thanks alot ^_~

@Carecrow i see... so i can be a MA with Merc & BM sub class and have 2 passive... u mean i can only use 2 passive skills from both BM & Merc sub class? hmm... i thought i can use their other skills too T_T

You can only use two passive trees and two active trees. You can use all the skills you have unlocked within those trees as long as you meet the level/equipment requirements

TheRealTangerine
February 12th, 2015, 04:25 AM
Staff skills are good for killing bosses at late game work better subbed on hunter.

Because of C.Fury? (MA can sub that set of skills perfectly anyway because their in the same branch) or am I missing something? *plans on maining Staff MA*

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 04:30 AM
Because of C.Fury? (MA can sub that set of skills perfectly anyway because their in the same branch) or am I missing something? *plans on maining Staff MA*

Typing fail. Yeah, because of c.fury, but it was still decent on hunter even without c.fury

I meant he would have to either invest in gloves to tank/pvp or staff to kill efficiently in pve

Agiantnotepad
February 12th, 2015, 04:31 AM
PrinceMarcusX, HERE IS THE PLAN. Get the doctor qualification. Because once you get it. You get a skill call "First Aid" which is basically a heal and sub it on every class. Do whatever you want on Martial Artist. DON'T let people dictate how you play the game. People baited me to become a spear mercenary because they wanted to use my body to tank their mobs. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE. AXE MERC IS THE DREAM. AXE MERC IS THE DREAM. #AXETHEDREAM

PrinceMarcusX
hmm i think im convinced to start as a boxer >,..,< any advice for a good MA sub class suitable for solo tanking? hehe

and...so its better to use light armor? MA starts with clothing right?

Thanks everyone

TheRealTangerine
Alrighty then :D Thanks!

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 04:38 AM
hmm i think im convinced to start as a boxer >,..,< any advice for a good MA sub class suitable for solo tanking? hehe

and...so its better to use light armor? MA starts with clothing right?

Thanks everyone

For MA solo tanking works off your large HP pool, so regen 11 from Doctor's medical treatment helps a lot. Probably ax skills from Merc for the second active, for mock/taunt to hold aggro more effectively (or spear skills for forms).

MA can equip clothing by default. Purely for tanking you'd wear HA, from Mercenary

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 04:50 AM
I see... so we can also shift classes? example i can shift from Main class MA to Main class Merc then select other Sub Class? this feels like a sandbox game which is very very nice to know hehe

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 04:57 AM
PrinceMarcusX, HERE IS THE PLAN. Get the doctor qualification. Because once you get it. You get a skill call "First Aid" which is basically a heal and sub it on every class. Do whatever you want on Martial Artist. DON'T let people dictate how you play the game. People baited me to become a spear mercenary because they wanted to use my body to tank their mobs. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE. AXE MERC IS THE DREAM. AXE MERC IS THE DREAM. #AXETHEDREAM

SPEAR MERC FOR LIFE.
Axe is just as fun though.

I see... so we can also shift classes? example i can shift from Main class MA to Main class Merc then select other Sub Class? this feels like a sandbox game which is very very nice to know hehe

Yea once you unlock a job you have it forever and can switch to it at any time at the Careers Advisor.

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 05:29 AM
wow the community here is really great and friendly. thank you so much for your time and replies. i learned alot today hehe the only thing that worries me is LAG issues -_-" i wish i will be able to play this game.

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 05:47 AM
wow the community here is really great and friendly. thank you so much for your time and replies. i learned alot today hehe the only thing that worries me is LAG issues -_-" i wish i will be able to play this game.

If it's ping cant help ya with that.

Yea dude feel free to ask.

Carecrow
February 12th, 2015, 07:53 AM
wow the community here is really great and friendly.

that's what they keep saying about me!

:X

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 03:44 PM
As was stated Clothing is good to use on your MA since it does give evasion, though you will be lacking in defense compared to if you wore Light Armor or Heavy Armor. I wouldn't use Heavy Armor only because it lowers your attack speed. Pretty much just use that if you're going to tank in a party, but if you are soloing, Clothing or Light Armor will be sufficient. Since MA already starts with Clothing equip, just wear that for a while and if you find yourself dying fast, then maybe try Light or Heavy Armor.

If you have some lag while playing DOMO (which most people do just in the main city of Eversun - coining the term Everlag), you can press Ctrl+P to hide people which should up your frame rate. You can also adjust in the options what all is hidden when using Ctrl+P (people, pets, monsters, and collection/stalls). Hopefully that helps.

OwTheEdge
February 12th, 2015, 03:46 PM
1. Me
2. Enforcer
3. ....
4. ....
5. ....
9001. Forza

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 03:50 PM
1. Me
2. Enforcer