PDA

View Full Version : How many Servers?

Kitsunari
February 12th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Sorry if someone asked this already
Was trying to figure out if we will be having one server or 2.:confused:

Skyish
February 12th, 2015, 02:31 AM
I'd prefer one server. Player base for DOMO is small, it would be silly to separate it, it would just make players feel like the game is dead on their server.

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 03:34 AM
I agree one would be good to start with, then depending on how full it gets maybe add a 2nd later (much like Aeria did).

PrinceMarcusX
February 12th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Id rather ask...where is the server located? hehe

Kirbychu
February 12th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Id rather ask...where is the server located? hehe

Somewhere in Canada I believe.

Sinlee
February 12th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Somewhere in Canada I believe.

I hope they add an EU based server >..<

Skyish
February 12th, 2015, 04:48 AM
I'd rather have one global server, shouldn't separate an already small community.

If neverwinter online can sustain so many players on one, global server without any lag, surely suba can make it work for a community of 3000 players or so, if even that many.

AndreaY
February 12th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Even the number of handled beta keys on par with launch of new games, I guess we will get the flooding just on first couple weeks, to have things settling down with time. I think a good measure of the population can be done not before six months from open beta launch.

Adding a new server only because some days of overflood, you risk to end up with an empty server later.

FFXIV keeps both EU and NA server clusters in Canada, so datacenters there aren't so much bad ;)

Kitababie
February 12th, 2015, 10:41 AM
It's been stated that there will only be one server to start off with.

KiyomiHime
February 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I'd rather have one global server, shouldn't separate an already small community.

If neverwinter online can sustain so many players on one, global server without any lag, surely suba can make it work for a community of 3000 players or so, if even that many.

i hurd there was 9000 keys when it started so there prob gonna be more then 3000 XD

LittleRose
February 12th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Even the number of handled beta keys on par with launch of new games, I guess we will get the flooding just on first couple weeks, to have things settling down with time. I think a good measure of the population can be done not before six months from open beta launch.

Adding a new server only because some days of overflood, you risk to end up with an empty server later.

I have to agree to this, way to often you see new games come out with a ton of servers for the load of people that play maybe 3 months and then move to the next game.
I rather have 1 server being crowded for a few months then have multiple empty ones long term (as merges are not always pleasant)

Skyish
February 12th, 2015, 02:43 PM
@KiyomiHime

Check how many of those keys were taken, and then subtract a couple hundred, because some people are taking more than one key, and I'm sure you will end up with 4000 or so people.

There's 3,854 likes on the facebook page, and let's assume that 200 more people are not using facebook at all, so there's potentially 4,054 players waiting for DOMO to be released, and I think I'm being generous with that 200, but whatever.

Then, subtract around 300, being the people that are new to DOMO, that will realize that the game is too old for them to play now, and they leave it. Subtract another 150, being the people that will get their nostalgia fix, and stop playing after a month. Then another subtract maybe another 50-100, being the people that simply get bored fast and leave the game, whatever the game is. Then there's the super casuals that will play maybe 15 hours/week, so they might as well not be playing, surely there's gonna be at least 200 of those.

Some numbers may be off, I'm just guessing here, but yeah, you'll be down at around 3000 regular players that will login every day.

Anyway, facebook likes on a game is a good approximate of the regular player base. 7 millions subs on WoW, 6.1 Million likes on facebook, for example.