PDA

View Full Version : Channelsystem

KiPi0815
February 23rd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Hey :)
As started in this thread (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=75658) quite some of the community would support the Channelsystem instead of a second server.
I am sure it was mentioned already in a thread before this ^^ But I can't find it at the moment.

It would have some some benefits over a maybe second server.
- The community wouldn't get split
- Areas won't be too crowded
- Less anger because of "mobstealing"
- and prolly more that I cant come up with right now ^^

ElectyDaltic
February 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
There was an old post where SS stated that the structure of DOMO would never support having a channel system. This could of changed over the years but sadly I doubt that. Would be nice if there was a server work around.

EzButton
February 23rd, 2015, 12:33 PM
If one server isnt enough to handle the population. Instead of developing new methods to deal with a problem, they should just optimize their current server and iron out the problems with the login server.

ElectyDaltic
February 23rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
If one server isnt enough to handle the population. Instead of developing new methods to deal with a problem, they should just optimize their current server and iron out the problems with the login server.

The problem with population issues is spawn issues.

EzButton
February 23rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
The problem with population issues is spawn issues.
Everyone is just starting the game so yes there will be "spawn issues". Once the initial wave of players are out of the well the issues will dissipate.

Implementing a drastic fix for this temporary problem will hurt in the long run as they will have multiple dead servers or multiple dead channels bleeding players because there is no one around. Better to have a crowded game full of active players than an empty dead game.

Should really wait a few months after open beta releases to even be considering this.

ElectyDaltic
February 23rd, 2015, 01:02 PM
Everyone is just starting the game so yes there will be "spawn issues". Once the initial wave of players are out of the well the issues will dissipate.

Implementing a drastic fix for this temporary problem will hurt in the long run as they will have multiple dead servers or multiple dead channels bleeding players because there is no one around. Better to have a crowded game full of active players than an empty dead game.

Should really wait a few months after open beta releases to even be considering this.

I agree, 1 server is best for this game, but maybe 2 "channels" would be good.

The issue isn't just an issue with low level maps. Partying areas tend to have 3-4 spots and people have multiple classes to level so it'll be a while for the "initial wave" is over and then after that areas will get taken by less people for farming/powerleveling. I know I personally like to farm in Griz.
But, as you said, this is something that will be discussed in days to come.