PDA

View Full Version : DOMO Abbreviations List

Kirbychu
February 25th, 2015, 03:15 PM
DOMO – Dream of Mirror Online (obviously)

View updated list HERE! (http://domoaddict.blogspot.ca/p/domo-abbreviations-list.html)

Below is a list of common abbreviations used in DOMO. I say common even though not everyone uses all of these abbreviations or uses different ones altogether. I tried to remember most of them, but I’m sure I forgot a few so please post any you remember in the comments. Also keep in mind that even if you personally never used some of the following abbreviations, doesn’t mean no one did – so please no “no one said that” comments. Also this is a guide geared towards players who are new to the game (or rusty) so much of this is probably common knowledge (and some of it is just basic MMO abbreviations)

Looking for a specific abbreviation? Hit ctrl+F and type in the abbreviation you're unsure about.

Places/Mobs
EC – Eversun City
EN – Eversun North
ES – Eversun South
THB – Town Hall Basement (requires completing a few story quests to gain access)
FFC – Farrel Family Crypt
BB – Bigbeam
DD – Darkdale
TGT – Town-God Temple
Foggy – Foggy Forest
Grizz – Grizzly Garrison
Grotto – Pandora's Grotto
MBoPs – Male Birds of Paradise (Phoenix Tower)
FBoPs – Female Birds of Paradise (Phoenix Tower)
PT – Phoenix Tower
Casks – Caskmasters (Inn Basement)
Nept – Neptune's Temple
Fugis – Fugitives (Pandora's Grotto)
Spugi – Fugitive/Spiders area (Pandora's Grotto)
vip – the best place to level in that area via AoE parties
FFK – Flying Frog King (kill this guy to learn how to fly at level 15)
FNS – Flying Noisy Snake (Dragon's Den)
DDen – Dragon's Den

Jobs/Skills
Muse – Musician
Doc – Doctor
Merc – Mercenary
Merch – Merchant
Wiz – Wizard
Sham/Shammy - Shaman
BM – Blademaster
Com/Comm – Commoner
MA – Martial Artist
WD/Witch Doc – Witch Doctor
Sorc – Sorcerer (requires level 70 shaman & wizard)
Mantra – Mystic Mantra (Musician skill – restores MP to the party)
Fuse – Transfusion Tune (Musician skill – transfers the caster’s HP to target’s MP)
SSS – Super Sonic Swipe (Musician skill – AoE skill that does massive damage)
FA – First Aid (Doctor skill – heal)
GH – Greater Healing (Doctor skill – party heal)
FFF – Frog Forcefield (Doctor skill – defense buff)
Pro/PL/Prolong – Prolong Life (Doctor skill – maximum HP buff)
FF – Frog Force (Doctor skill – attack buff) or Fighting Foresight (Thief skill – defense & evasion buff)
Inner/IM – Inner Magic (Doctor skill – MP regen buff)
Ulti/UH – Ultimate Healing (Doctor skill – uber instant party heal)
CC – Cataclysmic Converter (Wizard skill – transfers HP into MP and adds a MP regen buff)
SC – Spring Cleaning (Shaman skill – MP regen buff)
Mock – Mock Monsters (Mercenary skill – AoE taunt)
WW – Wicked Windmill (Mercenary skill – AoE that damages and taunts)
Circle – Circle Formation (Mercenary skill – party defense buff)
Crane – Crane Formation (Mercenary skill – party magic attack buff)
Goose – Goose Formation (Mercenary skill – party attack/run speed buff and defense debuff)
Alc/Alch – Alchemy (Commoner skill – crafting)
Scarab – Sanctuary Scarab (Witch Doctor skill – floor buff that increases HP/MP regen while sitting)
Withered/WE – Withered Earth (Witch Doctor skill – floor debuff that increases damage taken by enemies)
SA – Shadow Advance (Thief skill - stealth)
CB – Control Breathing (Thief skill – instantly grants a fraction of MP)
RoL – Rhythm of Life (Thief skill – instantly grants a small amount of HP and MP)
Prem – Premonition (Thief skill – evasion buff)
equip – the ability to use another job's weapon or armor (costs 15 skill points and requires level 30)

General
AoE – Area of Effect
S> - selling
B> - buying
T> - trading
Aeria/AG – Aeria Games, the old company who hosted the English version of DOMO
SS – Softstar, the developers of DOMO
Suba/SG – Suba Games
SP – Suba Points, the cash shop currency purchased with real money
saph – sapphire pet (also sometimes referring to the Sapphire server in Aeria version)
SE – special edition (pet with a different color – usually followed by the number 1-5 to determine which color)
ori – original pet color
perm – permanent, usually also used to refer to costumes
temp – temporary
cossie – costume
BC – broadcast channel
wc/mt – “wrong chat” or “miss-tell” meaning something was typed in the wrong chat channel
flag – used to describe using the party member finder system (or flag system) which is located on the chat box with a picture of a person next to a flag – e.g. if someone tells you to “flag” this simply means to open the party finder and check the box that says you are looking for a party so they can find you easily to invite you
elder – refers to either the Eversun Elder or the Darkdale Elder – these NPC’s give tedious quests that reward guild fame required to level up a guild
iirc - "if I recall correctly"

Think of an abbreviation I missed? Post it in the comments!

LadyMae
February 25th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Had to link this thread to some newbie, thanks!~

Vulpixy01
February 25th, 2015, 11:18 PM
great list! while is should be a no-brainer there's also "mats" that you could add to the list? Also I know some people use "PM me" or "whisper" when wanting other players to send them a private message, usually to negotiate the price of something, or when looking for a team :)

Kirbychu
February 25th, 2015, 11:37 PM
great list! while is should be a no-brainer there's also "mats" that you could add to the list? Also I know some people use "PM me" or "whisper" when wanting other players to send them a private message, usually to negotiate the price of something, or when looking for a team :)

Those are definitely some major ones I missed lol. Sadly I can't edit the post after a short time :(

IsharaM
February 25th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Not so much an abbreviation but rather a commonly used term.

Forms = a reminder for the tank to recast formation skills for the party (Circle, Crane, etc)

OwTheEdge
February 26th, 2015, 04:59 AM
PDF = Prestige Defense Force
Salty = Just as you would expect.

Agiantnotepad
February 26th, 2015, 05:05 AM
PDF = Prestige Defense Force
Salty = Just as you would expect.

AYYYLMAO PDF reporting for duty.

Kitababie
February 26th, 2015, 10:53 AM
-gets out bug spray- Careful guys, we have bugs crawling from the woodwork again...

On a serious note, good job on the guide kirbychu o.ob

ChallengerAhri
February 26th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Has anyone actually used the term "Cossie" LOL. Asides from that, great job with the guide~

LadyMae
February 26th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Has anyone actually used the term "Cossie" LOL. Asides from that, great job with the guide~

< this girl ;o;
T_T y u no love me Alexa

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 26th, 2015, 09:10 PM

I used it all the time.

ChallengerAhri
February 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
You're all valley girls. :ROLLEYES:

Kitababie
February 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Technically I use cossy... but same diff :D

Demopan0
March 23rd, 2015, 10:34 PM
Oh god thank you! :'D
I wasn't even able to guess PT was Phoenix tower.
And not knowing this kind of thing is uncomfortable, you know... people might laugh at you. o-o

SieSun
March 24th, 2015, 12:25 AM
:awsum:
ok. i will reminded..

LoIcatKumi
March 27th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Here is the link of the one I made for my own guild.

Feel free to pick up more accronyms (GT style :p)

innocence :: domo guild :: DOMO Accronyms (http://innocence.xooit.org/t62-DOMO-Accronyms.htm)

EnochP
March 27th, 2015, 12:20 PM
rekt = You seem to have come off worse in the duel, verbal or physical than I, a feat I am proud of and I henceforth show my glee.

HakiYuna
March 29th, 2015, 12:01 PM
aint SS stands for screenshot?

PanDuroyAgua
April 18th, 2015, 01:08 AM
What's T2?

Loomynar
April 18th, 2015, 02:32 AM
What's T2?

Tier 2 quests that take place in an instance. Currently available T2 quests are on Foggy Forest, Blakatoa Peak, Canute Canal 2, East Sea Plains and Town-God Temple

OoVoltoO
April 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM
aint SS stands for screenshot?

It depends on the context. SS could also mean skill spam.

Kirbychu
April 23rd, 2015, 04:03 AM
Ok I'm gonna post the link to the abbreviations list on my blog:

DOMO Addict's Blog: Abbreviations List (http://domoaddict.blogspot.com/p/domo-abbreviations-list.html)

This one I will keep updated since I can't update my own post after a certain time to include any abbreviations that I missed the first time around. I also included a few of the ones I missed that I found on LoIcatKumi's link from her guild's site. Again if I miss any please post them here and I'll try to get them added as soon as possible. If you have newbies who need access to this list, I recommend linking the one from my blog since it is much more complete.

If a mod could also please add this link to my original post I would greatly appreciate it <3

ZenDragoon
April 23rd, 2015, 04:19 PM
GM = "Great. More tickets"

GraceySells
April 23rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
Ok I'm gonna post the link to the abbreviations list on my blog:

DOMO Addict's Blog: Abbreviations List (http://domoaddict.blogspot.com/p/domo-abbreviations-list.html)

This one I will keep updated since I can't update my own post after a certain time to include any abbreviations that I missed the first time around. I also included a few of the ones I missed that I found on LoIcatKumi's link from her guild's site. Again if I miss any please post them here and I'll try to get them added as soon as possible. If you have newbies who need access to this list, I recommend linking the one from my blog since it is much more complete.

If a mod could also please add this link to my original post I would greatly appreciate it <3

Hello,

I added it to the original quote. Feel free to PM me with the information listed here (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=61994) for future, quicker updates to your thread.

-Gracey