PDA

View Full Version : Guild Suggestion: Mutiny

Travis96
March 1st, 2015, 10:40 PM
So, after current events of a user 'leaving' DoMO. I spoke to my friend who knew that user as he was the Chairperson of the guild she was in. As to be expected he stepped down and gave that position to another player before leaving. But I got to thinking, what if someone just leaves the game? One who just gets tired of it, and doesn't bother to tell anyone a reason why or so on? It leaves a Guild with no Chairperson who can speak for their guild.

So here's my suggestion. A 'Mutiny' option, basically if a user disappears for an absurd amount of time or just turn out to be a bit of an... Ignorant buffoon? The guild can call a mutiny to force that user to step down and allow the oldest elder to take his or her place. For this to work however a percentage of the guild must must agree to this mutiny. This way users can preserve the guilds name instead of it dying with a player who got bored of the game.

Vulpixy01
March 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM
not sure if this is still true, but according to the wiki:

If the Chairperson has not logged on in 30 days, the system will transfer their position to the Elder that has contributed the most guild fame. A guild will automatically be disbanded if the Chairperson leaves and there is no appropriate person to take over.

so there's at least a system in place to cover absent chairpersons. As for when they turn into..... "disagreeable people"... That's probably when the guild would up and die sadly :/

Guild - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Guild)

Miradora
March 2nd, 2015, 12:28 AM
I'll expand on this a bit..

If nobody in guild has been on in 30+ days, including the chair, the first person who logs on will end up becoming the new CP, even if they are just a member. This will even bypass existing elders. One of my unranked mules ended up with the CP spot of a certain inactive Onyx guild several times, simply because nobody else had logged on in over 30 days. Even if nobody has been on in over 30 days, the guild will still not automatically disband. However..

After 180 days of offline time, inactive players will be automatically kicked from the guild by the system. When the last remaining player is kicked by the system for being offline 180 days, then the guild will truly disband. So it takes 6 months of total inactivity of every member for a guild to disband automatically.

I am not sure what happens if a chair leaves guild while still holding the position, but I assume it just passes the position to somebody else unless there's nobody else in guild.

CloudMamori
March 2nd, 2015, 04:52 AM
I am not sure what happens if a chair leaves guild while still holding the position, but I assume it just passes the position to somebody else unless there's nobody else in guild.
Chairperson position locks you from leaving the guild without trading the spot with someone else. You get an error message when you try.

SoulsTheWise
March 17th, 2015, 10:29 PM
So, after current events of a user 'leaving' DoMO. I spoke to my friend who knew that user as he was the Chairperson of the guild she was in. As to be expected he stepped down and gave that position to another player before leaving. But I got to thinking, what if someone just leaves the game? One who just gets tired of it, and doesn't bother to tell anyone a reason why or so on? It leaves a Guild with no Chairperson who can speak for their guild.

So here's my suggestion. A 'Mutiny' option, basically if a user disappears for an absurd amount of time or just turn out to be a bit of an... Ignorant buffoon? The guild can call a mutiny to force that user to step down and allow the oldest elder to take his or her place. For this to work however a percentage of the guild must must agree to this mutiny. This way users can preserve the guilds name instead of it dying with a player who got bored of the game.

The main issue i can see with that idea is People abusing that. I knew plenty of ppl on the old domo that would join guilds to try and take them over just because they wanted to disband it, this would give them a quicker way of doing that. i could agree with a timer but think about it you made a guild with friends and the guild starts growing you have one bad day and some troll comes in uses that one day to turn some new members against you and takes over the guild just to kick you out and disband it. just a point of view tho its a good idea none the less but would be abused in the worst possible way o.o

DOMOAKFrost
March 18th, 2015, 12:12 AM

And create more drama?

I'd rather think (and hope) that this kind of thing would be rare enough so that it can be mediated by the GM's, rather than expecting the devs to cook up something from scratch (which, given their track record, will probably also be buggy as well).

Rextraos
March 18th, 2015, 12:42 AM
If this idea were to be implemented i hope someone makes a pirate guild and the crew mutiny's, tis funny irony to be sure

SorceressChesh
March 18th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Mutinies are scheduled for every Tuesday at five PM.

EnochP
March 18th, 2015, 05:13 AM
We have this, 100% tried and tested

It's called leaving and making a new guild

MikeSpo
March 18th, 2015, 10:15 AM
We have this, 100% tried and tested

It's called leaving and making a new guild

Yes, right, 100% effective in losing all guild progress...

EnochP
March 18th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Yes, right, 100% effective in losing all guild progress...

At the end of a day, it's the leaders guild

If he's afk for a month it's automatically given to the next elder, if he's just a pain in the arse but otherwise active, bad luck. Don't join his guild in the first place. You're always free to make your own or join another guild which has it's own progress. There would be far too many ways to exploit a "mutiny" mechanic

Rextraos
March 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM
EnochP is right in my opinion, although it would be cooler to have the mutiny option so that pirate guilds would be funnier, you can't deny there's emotional attachment when you are apart of a guild with close friends. Sometimes though stuff happens and guild leaders change, and when the next guild leader is a d-bag, you and some of the other guild members have no choice but to leave. But why not think of this as an event, it doesn't have to be a negative experience, after all (and i'm assuming) you still have countless friends (I have two) that you hang out with (Unless you called them stupid whilst letting off steam the day before for them trying to tank when they are a healer) and other people, new connections and experiences.

In conclusion I plead Not Guilty, your honor