PDA

View Full Version : *IMPORTANT* - Version 9 Exploit - We'd like your input!

ZenDragoon
March 26th, 2015, 05:28 PM
We're working as fast as we can to fix the situation where players have been farming millions and millions of gold due to the accessibility of rare materials that sell for a fortune such as the galaxy materials.

Before we just go ahead and do things, we'd like your input as to which option do you guys think would be best:

OPTION 1: Remove the materials NPC altogether and players can only obtain materials via farming. While this puts an end to certain gold exploits from occurring it doesn't stop players from farming very high priced materials

OPTION 2: I've made a list of 52 materials that and have proposed selling price rollbacks on them. For the lesser priced items such as Eternal Leather and tranquil crystal, they'll be rolled back by about 15-20% while materials such as the Galaxy materials will receive a 60-70% sell price rollback.

OPTION 3: Not only do we remove the materials NPC but instead of rolling back the selling prices of the materials I listed, we also lower the selling price of the highest priced materials that sell for more than 100k gold.

Instead of doing a data rollback and players losing EVERYTHING we also hope players would be willing to dispose of gold that was heavily farmed from the drops that version 9 has been giving. We won't be punishing any players for this except those who continue to farm them despite our warning saying not to do it anymore.

The fate of the game is not just in the GMs and Playcoo's hands, it's also in the players. Let's work together to fix this, get past this together and look forward to hopefully a brighter future in Lucent Heart!

KunLH
March 26th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Option 2.

We do not currently have enough content in our game to be able to have things readily available for high levels to do. This leads to lower level gear crafting and lower level rare item hunting to be a hobby of high levels, by removing the crafting NPCs from the game, it would put new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage compared to the multiple max level characters that have reached where they are now over the course of a year+ with the help of a material merchant. This game already has alot of things that are offputting to new players, making building on the establishes playerbase difficult, this would just be another, and act as an impracticality to veteran players.

Also, you use the term exploit very loosely. When you accuse someone of 'exploiting' you are antagonizing them and implying that they are taking advantage of something they know is wrong. When players were crafting materials into other materials and selling them, that was taking advantage of an oversight in the system put in place. Farming mobs for materials to sell to a NPC isn't an exploit, it's simply farming mobs to sell materials to a NPC, it's not a player's fault for doing this. When you release a new version that you have been saying you have been testing for months, a player should be excited for the changes, not worried about how many bugs and missed details they are going to stumble on.

TiramisuxChoco
March 26th, 2015, 05:52 PM
option 1 or 3

MikySantana
March 26th, 2015, 06:01 PM
just reduce the price whn u sell materials to npc, thats all =/

m2872027
March 26th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Option 2 seems to be the most fair. 1 & 3 could completely destroy what little of a community we have left, it also would make attracting new players very difficult. Lucent Heart is a wonderful and loved game, I hope to see it become a little bit more happy soon.

Zackhario
March 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Pretty interesting. I would like to see if anyone is willing to dispose the golds that they so "exploited" from farming. My opinion of them would change if they did.

I would go for neither of these options and puts these maps off-limits until the translations and mats are corrected.

But if I had to choose, option number 2 (But I would like it increased.)

TightPie
March 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I'm not agreed with rollback, since are not players fault about that bad programming, nevertheless i agreed with a gold rollback after the GM warning in FaceBook,so in that day and above those players that avoided the warning must have the rollback, if they continued farming.

In main solution, the only one is reduce the price of mats, so option 1 or 3.

Note: Rollbacks is extremely only in dangerous cases such as subjects about Hacking/Hackers and this game hasn't have those.

KunLH
March 26th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Option one should not even be a proposed solution.

Option one does nothing to solve the issue at hand. By simply removing the NPC material you are saying "If you are level 75 or over, you can farm in Hades and make 100 million gold an hour while everyone else can pray to make a fraction of that." This makes any gold earning strategies pre-75 useless, and makes leaves low levels without any possibility of making a relevant amount of money in the player-driven market without selling SP. the gold 'exploit' of crafting items into other items and selling them is about half as fast as farming Hades, albeit easier to do because you can do it away from the computer, a person could farm Hades for an hour and make what the 'exploit' could make in three hours. This also makes level 75+s free to dictate the prices of everything in the market, including the low level materials that would have to be farmed as a part of this solution.

Solution one basically makes it so buying and selling from other players is accessible at level 75 or when you buy SP.

4Cce
March 26th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Option 2, change sell price of all materials lvl 15 by 70%

AlehLH
March 26th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Mixed Option:

- Increase the buying cost of just high level materials from the NPC; this will be a gold sink for the rich players.
- Significantly decrease the selling price (more than just 70% - as an example, they sell for less than 9k gold on other servers of LH) of these materials that drop from Lv. 75+ monsters; this will put an end to the economy being flooded by massive amounts of new gold.
The combination of these two points will not only prevent people from doing the previous exploit of crafting materials to later re-sell at higher price, but will also make it useless to farm materials to get huge quantities of gold, evening out a bit the difference between new players and old players.

Alt1421OY1ng7Yl
March 26th, 2015, 07:11 PM
I say option 1 or 3

AkaYukiLH
March 26th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I would go with option 2 since like people previously said, the other options will create a disadvantage towards beginners. Not to mention, option 1 and 3 can create further problems because some players may set the prices high once again since there is no limit to the sale stands.

Solomonkin14OOW
March 26th, 2015, 08:05 PM
option 2 .

BatMam12
March 26th, 2015, 08:06 PM
option 1 or 3

Gordijn1
March 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM
while these option may help a little again for lower lvls and new players its does not help as stated in previous posts High lvls will again set the prices where there is no chance for rest to compete and for sp sellers well their only option would nbe to OP the hell out of it to have a chance to survive
99% of gold thats farmed is on alts and same as the materials they are not dumb enough to leave on their main so I d really do not see a fix but lowering price option 2 I guess ~Shrugs~
sad to say I do not see a chance to survive

Astooria
March 27th, 2015, 01:19 AM
option 1 or 3 ~

Lycory
March 27th, 2015, 06:03 AM
option 2 : reduce selling price to npc if can until lower than 50k or 100k, i think this will also making money income for lower and high level not over too much again.
i not like option 1 that remove material from npc it will making even newbie harder to make equip, npc already not selling material lv 75+
and also this will making hard to craft consumption product like card or alchemy who need lots of mat.
ΒΆ And please send us item for open that dungeon :(

Bedjoe44
March 27th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Mixed Option:

- Increase the buying cost of just high level materials from the NPC; this will be a gold sink for the rich players.
- Significantly decrease the selling price (more than just 70% - as an example, they sell for less than 9k gold on other servers of LH) of these materials that drop from Lv. 75+ monsters; this will put an end to the economy being flooded by massive amounts of new gold.
The combination of these two points will not only prevent people from doing the previous exploit of crafting materials to later re-sell at higher price, but will also make it useless to farm materials to get huge quantities of gold, evening out a bit the difference between new players and old players.

I agree with this one.

MimiTachikawa
March 27th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Ill go with option 2 it sounds much more better and clearer to me :) I don't like option number 1 or 3 okay just go with number 2 cause I don't want the mats remove from npc cause that would be a disadvantage to the new players and to many of us too so option number 2 has my vote

Natsumeia09
March 27th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Lowering the selling cost wud definitely even out the playing field thus the farming of galaxy materials wud really be for crafting purposes..
losing the mats NPC is guna be a big struck to all players (lowbies and high level ones alike).. farming special mats (purples and orange ones) are hard enough..
we playing a game, and trust me.. farming aint fun at all x_o

AoiTenshi95
March 27th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I see option 2 as the most satisfying for both low levels and high levels. Option 1 and 3 should not even be suggested as it creates more problems than before.

Shiono
March 27th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I'll vote for option #2 for reasons I previously stated in another thread.

Mixed Option:

I like Aleh-nii's idea too.

Edit: For some reason I feel someone is using alt accounts to vote here. I might be wrong but yeah, just a feeling.

Jojo96
March 27th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Honestly I'd pick Option 2

ZenDragoon
March 27th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Option #2 is the best way to go then. I'll also take Aleh's suggestion into consideration of increasing the purchase costs of some of the high level materials but this may not alleviate the situation much but at least it's a step in the right direction. Thank you so much for your input, guys!