PDA

View Full Version : [in-game] GameSages

Xixiz
March 30th, 2015, 10:13 AM
So a lot of people complain about our past GSes, and I think Suba doesn't "believe" in having player moderators? But I had a few ideas :'P

People say our past GSes got stuck up over time. So what if we had rotating GS positions? You apply to be a GS for a certain amount of time, and after that time is up you give up the position so someone else can be a GS. That way we don't end up with stuck up/self-obsessed GSes and we still have the help that GSes provide.

Lemme know what you guys think :0 I for one think we're in desperate need of GSes as a lot of people f around on the forums/in-game and I feel like the GMs/forum mods have plenty to do as it is. We need the DoMO jail back!!

Arthzy
March 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM
May I ask what is/are the job of a GS (Game Sage)? So people with no knowledge about this may have better understanding. *me included*

LilKizuna
March 30th, 2015, 11:14 AM
No just no. We keep moderators and work from there. I personally don't see a use of Game Sages at the moment besides inflating egos and stirring up unneeded trouble. This method of yours doesn't prevent those type of people from even applying let alone having to deal with them for a certain amount of time.

A better method would be to have our mods be given specific GM tools and document every use of it back to the GM's. Having game sages and mods only further complicates things.

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
March 30th, 2015, 01:43 PM
No just no. We keep moderators and work from there. I personally don't see a use of Game Sages at the moment besides inflating egos and stirring up unneeded trouble. This method of yours doesn't prevent those type of people from even applying let alone having to deal with them for a certain amount of time.

A better method would be to have our mods be given specific GM tools and document every use of it back to the GM's. Having game sages and mods only further complicates things.

~Lil_Kizuna

we had a document for GSes, didn't help though.

Didn't stop people from being paranoid.

Superstarstrike
March 30th, 2015, 06:51 PM
No matter how better of an idea it becomes over time (I'm looking at you, marco users hiding from the forums), no one seems to want GSes back.

I do agree with giving our current forum mods a little bit of in-game power though. Or even better; more GMs if ppssible.

LadyMae
March 31st, 2015, 11:14 AM
GS's were useful when hosting events or jailing(?), but in reality it brought more bad than good. Some GS's back then showed favoritism in events, reports and bans because they were close to GMs. Even now, some use their old title in attempt rebuild their social position, pronouncing themselves as "Ex GS" or even created a guild called "Game Sages." Most GS's would probably apply for popularity or social advancement. Additionally, players have the tendency to kiss up to others with a title in order to reap the benefits of events, information or to get their ticket dealt with sooner. The Game Sage title is nothing more than a social position and should not be implemented.

As for misbehavior, there should be a report option when you right click a player, followed by a popup for an explanation to why you reported the player, simple as that.

ZanDamascus
April 6th, 2015, 09:41 AM
GS's were useful when hosting events or jailing(?), but in reality it brought more bad than good. Some GS's back then showed favoritism in events, reports and bans because they were close to GMs. Even now, some use their old title in attempt rebuild their social position, pronouncing themselves as "Ex GS" or even created a guild called "Game Sages." Most GS's would probably apply for popularity or social advancement. Additionally, players have the tendency to kiss up to others with a title in order to reap the benefits of events, information or to get their ticket dealt with sooner. The Game Sage title is nothing more than a social position and should not be implemented.

As for misbehavior, there should be a report option when you right click a player, followed by a popup for an explanation to why you reported the player, simple as that.

An in game report option is useless when there's only 2 people who can respond to them and they aren't on much. Maybe make a role that only has the power to investigate and punish bot reports. Put in place rules and procedures that are required to go with a punishment, and no punishment from GS's (or whatever this position would be) would be permanent.

LittlePancakes
April 6th, 2015, 10:08 AM
LOL no way, i had a bad experience , when i went for an event and i shouted " IM A WALKING BANANA " and they jailed me

Kitababie
April 6th, 2015, 12:18 PM

^ This. Yes. >_< As of now, I know there are many people that do not report because they have to actually open up their browser and search through suba pages to find the "reporting" area. lol Lazy mofos.
Yeah, I can see this function being misused by idiots, but I think it'll do more help than harm.

------ On a side note ----------
The only thing I ever found the GS's useful was the exchange of real money for ig items. However, since Suba doesn't even have the prepaid game cards (at least I have yet to see them in the USA), I see no reason for GS. It does, as most people have said, cause more harm than good (including favoritism and an unnecessary boost in ego/bragging).

---> Speaking of Suba and money ... can we please get IM on website soon? I really want to use the reward codes from all my login bonuses (the Scratch Card).

Kitababie
April 6th, 2015, 12:21 PM
An in game report option is useless when there's only 2 people who can respond to them and they aren't on much. Maybe make a role that only has the power to investigate and punish bot reports. Put in place rules and procedures that are required to go with a punishment, and no punishment from GS's (or whatever this position would be) would be permanent.

After a certain number of reports, like 20 or something, they should automatically do a temporary ban until the issue is further investigated. Especially because it does take time to get rid of bots atm.

Dreadydragon
April 6th, 2015, 01:10 PM
~snipped~

---> Speaking of Suba and money ... can we please get IM on website soon? I really want to use the reward codes from all my login bonuses (the Scratch Card).

Don't be surprised if those login codes are NOT for DoMo, most of them seem to be for AceOnline or Bounty Hunters.

DOMOAKFrost
April 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM
------ On a side note ----------
The only thing I ever found the GS's useful was the exchange of real money for ig items. However, since Suba doesn't even have the prepaid game cards (at least I have yet to see them in the USA), I see no reason for GS. It does, as most people have said, cause more harm than good (including favoritism and an unnecessary boost in ego/bragging).

The GS program as a whole extended AG domo's life by two years, but most of that work was done where you couldn't see it.

what most of you in this thread witnessed was not even an eighth of what the team did, especially not its good parts, of which there were many.

However, I do not currently believe suba can replicate what AG did with the GS program, so I'm against it.

RyushinZ
April 7th, 2015, 03:06 AM
After a certain number of reports, like 20 or something, they should automatically do a temporary ban until the issue is further investigated. Especially because it does take time to get rid of bots atm.

Humm I don't like the idea for 20 reports you get automatically temp ban, becuz its easy to abusers with their friends to say guys log all your alts and report this person cuz I want him temp ban. People are like that you know. Just a report button and say why should be enough, so that gm investigate, on that I would agree.