PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Maintenance for Mar. 30 has concluded

ZenDragoon
March 30th, 2015, 10:58 AM
We apologize for the extra long maintenance, we were doing internal server maintenance as well hence the extra downtime. You may now log back in.

***Everyone's been bugging me about the chat bug to be fixed. Yes, I get it. It needs to be fixed. I'm just as annoyed with it as everyone else is as I like to speak in long sentences. I've been mentioning this bug to them everyday for the past two weeks. However, it is up to Softstar to fix it and I'm only the messenger here. We should have a patch for this very soon***

8thgod
March 30th, 2015, 11:02 AM
So what do we get on this Maintenance Zaddy?

BakonStripz99
March 30th, 2015, 11:02 AM
If the chat bug isn't fixed this time Zen, I swear to Mother Teresa.. >.>

Wouterchann
March 30th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Alright, I hope this time the sun won't be setting when us EU players can log back in. Might be a good thing it's summer hour now haha.

Ijat325
March 30th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Well, take your time. :3

Kitababie
March 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Yes, please, for the love of whateveryoubelievein, fix the chat Q_Q....

FrozenBeer
March 30th, 2015, 11:20 AM
We will begin weekly maintenance in a few short minutes. We will let players know when you can log back in again.

Zen at maintenance :P to bad i cant link it so it will be played in forum :-) and need to open it with CTRL+Click :MAD:
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2015/03/27/0ad49849fae5c099.gif

Scissors11
March 30th, 2015, 11:21 AM
i hope its fixed to but i have found some ways around it. keep chat box in small mode, it cuts off less ( like noticeable less)
stop at 40 or 50 chat box spaces, or in other words about the length of the first sentence of this post ( i hope its fixed to but i have found some ways around it) just 2 little tips in case it isnt fixed that other players have taught me :)

Kitababie
March 30th, 2015, 11:24 AM
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2015/03/27/0ad49849fae5c099.gif

Loool that's adorable QQ I love lions.

Rexatfcc6b0E5Wt
March 30th, 2015, 11:27 AM
what is the length of normal maint here?
im use to 3 hrs on my other games

Kitababie
March 30th, 2015, 11:27 AM
i hope its fixed to but i have found some ways around it. keep chat box in small mode, it cuts off less ( like noticeable less)
stop at 40 or 50 chat box spaces, or in other words about the length of the first sentence of this post ( i hope its fixed to but i have found some ways around it) just 2 little tips in case it isnt fixed that other players have taught me :)

I feel like that spacing technique depends heavily on your character name length o: Like mines only four letters so it would probably work for me, but someone people have long a** names loool So they would be spamming the chat with only typing one word per line. xP

Dewanto
March 30th, 2015, 11:37 AM
fix the chat !!!!!

Dog3style
March 30th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Yea, I'd like to know that too

Kitababie
March 30th, 2015, 11:46 AM
3 hours is your average "daily maintenance"? That's long af. xD Normal maintenance on games I've played is only an hour; when a patch is involved it brings the time to 3 or 4 hours.

BakonStripz99
March 30th, 2015, 11:55 AM
My maintenances are normally 1 hour.. Or if you play WoW 15 minutes.

OkamiiLea
March 30th, 2015, 11:57 AM
General Maint. time frame: 1 hour (give or take)
Patch times : 2+ Hours ( could be longer could be less)
Big bug fixes can range 1+ hours (some times things go very wrong so it takes a whole day)

Chat bug fix: I have read that it is unknown if Soft star is working on this issue, how ever Suba did point it out. So now its a "waiting" game
to see when Soft star does that (they may have once again unknown)

PLEASE don't assume that because its a maint. we get content
Or because its a maint. we get all the fixes we wanted
Please just wait till A) Gm says something
B) Patch notes

hopefully it does get fixed but i wont be SHOCKED if it doesn't as i personally wont get my hopes up on something a GM hasn't confirmed
C) till u start up the game

Propylene
March 30th, 2015, 12:32 PM
What are you, a GM? Don't use Bold and huge font like that. You're not important

myzerie
March 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM
are you the forum moderator?

MochiCon
March 30th, 2015, 12:35 PM
What are you, a GM? Don't use Bold and huge font like that. You're not important

theyre just trying to get the message across

Kitababie
March 30th, 2015, 12:41 PM
theyre just trying to get the message across

A little too excessively.

Kcandhisdo011yP
March 30th, 2015, 12:47 PM
A little too excessively.

I agree, all the information was already known.
I don't really understand why they put times for the fixes too because they literally mean nothing. They're so discrete, like, you give a specific number and then say more or less... The GMs don't put out numbers because there isn't a specific time lol

OkamiiLea
March 30th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Well, if it was a "special" thing that only the higher ups can do, then it wouldn't be made so we can bold, expand text and so on. How ever, I will bold what i believe to be important.

wasn't getting my "point across" what it was, is me saying people shouldn't assume things are going to be in the patch etc, with out confirmation of notes, pre warning, OR a gm notice Bolding and enlarging something at least to ME isn't a big deal and if it IS to anyone you may need to figure out something. Maybe spend your time worrying about something else vrs. a small bit of text being bold and enlarged. :) maybe its just me, so sorry if it "concerns you"

Taikira
March 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Well as far as chat box goes.. you can drag the lines with missing words to see them (as if you were trying to make hotkey). the words are still there, its just as if they were made invisible

Rexatfcc6b0E5Wt
March 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM
i know they cant put a time limits on patches/updates/fixes
but last few mmo's i played with aeria even just basic back up maint was 3 hrs long, patches upto 8hrs at most, this is my first maint with suba so im a bit suprised average maint is only an hour here

OkamiiLea
March 30th, 2015, 01:08 PM
I agree, all the information was already known.
I don't really understand why they put times for the fixes too because they literally mean nothing. They're so discrete, like, you give a specific number and then say more or less... The GMs don't put out numbers because there isn't a specific time lol

im aware it isn't a specific timing im just saying that is GENERAL time frame.
im also aware that some people KNOW but some people don't know as a lot of people go "Oh whats this, or whats this" im just saying what it normally is, how ever some things are give or take, Either way no one has a right to get moody over some bold font. you also cant assume everyone knows all that :)

OkamiiLea
March 30th, 2015, 01:09 PM
i know they cant put a time limits on patches/updates/fixes
but last few mmo's i played with aeria even just basic back up maint was 3 hrs long, patches upto 8hrs at most, this is my first maint with suba so im a bit suprised average maint is only an hour here

Some times it is depends what they are doing lol

Icywind1980
March 30th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Can we get patch notes please?

Arwnipss
March 30th, 2015, 01:20 PM
did not you see the "?" (question mark) ??, that its absolutely asking, not assuming.

umm, relax dude, u just assuming if he/they has assuming.

bytheway, im just curious why someone be offended and then pushing people (who asking the maintenance duration) to wait patch note and/or GM said.

KiPi0815
March 30th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I think it's just weekly maintenance. So there won't be any patchnotes o.o

KazaOokami
March 30th, 2015, 01:28 PM
well zen did say we SHOULD have a chat fix this patch. but i wish we would have some information on what they currently have or if this is just a standard maint, cause softstar is SOOOOOO unpredictable.

BakonStripz99
March 30th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I think it's just weekly maintenance. So there won't be any patchnotes o.o

Weekly Maintenance is when they put out patches.

SagittarioUvUYH
March 30th, 2015, 01:46 PM
well... just wondering about the "botting players" I seen alot of them lately. will they got ban or something punishment? or just let them be freely using bots or 3rd party programs?

I even tried once using GM channel to tell someone doing botting (telling coordinates of the map) and nothing in return... just wondering GM is really helping give judgement about this botting players? or GM channel is unused anyway...

sorry before :) peace!

Vonnegut
March 30th, 2015, 01:48 PM
This is not softstar. Subgames has been pretty awesome reviving this game for us. They are only working with what was given to them and trying their best to fix softstar's mistakes. Big love to Suba.:D

KiPi0815
March 30th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Weekly Maintenance is when they put out patches.

Thats true but IF they do big stuff it would get announced beforehead I would say and not to be claimed as a normal weekly maintenance.

Magickal
March 30th, 2015, 01:53 PM
This is not softstar. Subgames has been pretty awesome reviving this game for us. They are only working with what was given to them and trying their best to fix softstar's mistakes. Big love to Suba.:D
This IS Softstar. Suba did not buy DOMO. It bought a license to host the game. Softstar still provides all patches, updates, bugfixes, etc. If Softstar doesn't fix it, Suba can't fix it.

Mimidrifted
March 30th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Ode to DOMO -
https://youtu.be/ThTplavLL7w

KazaOokami
March 30th, 2015, 01:55 PM

softstar is the programmers, suba merely hosts the game, they can only do so much to fix softstars mistakes, the rest they have to submit to softstar and hope they give them a fix within a month or two. Aeria had the same problem at times, its why the great Eversun crash to so long to fix etc.

PatriaDninJ8na4
March 30th, 2015, 02:10 PM
MT how much longer??????????????????

SimbaChen
March 30th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Zen maybe you make an Channellog for the Community, so we now what cames new? :D

Fatter04ax7acS7
March 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
The tension is killing me! :'(

BakonStripz99
March 30th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Thats true but IF they do big stuff it would get announced beforehead I would say and not to be claimed as a normal weekly maintenance.

Still always at least a few bug fixes. :P

Lucidly
March 30th, 2015, 02:26 PM
This seems to be taking a while.

Magickal
March 30th, 2015, 02:26 PM
3 and a half hours so far. This is stupid.

One of two things better have happened today. Either fix the chat glitch, or implement Dancer.

If at least one of those things hasn't happened, I'm going to be mad.

SimbaChen
March 30th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Magickal maybe both :D

Fatter04ax7acS7
March 30th, 2015, 02:36 PM
well not complaining but the tension is killing me! :ehh: still refreshing stuff

Rexatfcc6b0E5Wt
March 30th, 2015, 02:37 PM
implement duck pet, i miss my huge duck

ps my sara too

BakonStripz99
March 30th, 2015, 02:39 PM

One of two things better have happened today. Either fix the chat glitch, or implement Dancer.

I guarantee Dancer will not be implemented in this patch. :)

EviIGenius
March 30th, 2015, 02:40 PM

Patience is a virtue :ROLLEYES:

That being said, fixing the chat glitch or implementing Dancer would be sweet!

Vonnegut
March 30th, 2015, 02:45 PM
apparently it was posted on Facebook that maintenance is done

Magickal
March 30th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Chat glitch is not fixed. Dancer is not implemented.

Waste of 3 and a half hours. -.-

TheLastFlame
March 30th, 2015, 08:46 PM

Because maintaining server integrity and ensuring stability (preventing issues that could cause lag and map/server crashes) is a waste of time.

Raventines
March 31st, 2015, 04:28 AM
This morning i have a problem when try to login into domo...
at the beginning is fine i can login and hunting but because is very laggy i try to relogin and close domo..
then this issue appear...

Chronology :
1. Start Domo Launcher
2. Enter Game
3. Login (Username+Password)
4. Choosing server(Domo)
5. Only black screen appear, few second later domo isn't responding...
5. there is pop up "Disconected!" after that...

i don't know what happen n how to fix this...
i love this game, I would be grateful if you could help me...

Vanland
March 31st, 2015, 05:36 PM

And coming here to complain about that is a more productive way of spending your 'valuable' time?

I don't get why people are so pushy. Why rush the release of dancer? Just so that people can rush to 50 the moment its out and go back to being bored right after? May as well hold it back for some more weeks if that is the case and focus on the more important stuff first, i.e. fixing the chatbug, address the issue of botters running wild in the game, hire more GMs/staff for in-game monitoring, etc.

Zen already explained the why-and-hows regarding the chatbug in the first post so eh.
Patience. It's a virtue, and you would do well to practice it.