PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance has concluded and update is now live!

ZenDragoon
April 2nd, 2015, 06:36 PM
Maintenance has now successfully concluded and everyone may log back in and enjoy the new update! We thank you for your patience as we got this running properly. As a reminder, our GM office is closed for the weekend so please give us a business day to get back to work.

Have yourself a safe and happy Easter!

Kitababie
April 2nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Oki Doki, thanks for the update! o/

LuLuNoir
Thank you for the update.

Our prayers are with you.

Zaffie
smack the servers!!!!!! we wanna play~

Icywind1980
April 2nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Buy a new hamster!

Cresselia
April 2nd, 2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the update c:

Kalasyn
April 2nd, 2015, 06:42 PM
B> new hamster for Zenpai

MCKOVS
April 2nd, 2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the update. Hope others don't try to log in as much as they are used to.

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 06:44 PM
Is there any way you can just prevent the servers from even being available to attempt logging in on?

Like I said in the other thread, not everyone reads the forums/announcements first. Most games I've seen will at least give you an error message about the servers being down without letting you get into the game at all.

CloudMamori
April 2nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Everyone is trying to buy a hamster and i'm off killing a gryphon to swear fealty to Duke Zenpai

Vulpixy01
April 2nd, 2015, 06:50 PM
hmm...
http://www.dailyhostnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/that-should-do-the-trick.jpg

Can we play now? :D

Magickal
April 2nd, 2015, 06:50 PM
Is there any way you can just prevent the servers from even being available to attempt logging in on?

Like I said in the other thread, not everyone reads the forums/announcements first. Most games I've seen will at least give you an error message about the servers being down without letting you get into the game at all.
The problem here is that you can bypass the launcher completely, and open the client directly.

If there was no way to do that, they could simply turn off the Start button during maintenance.

TormusWfal1427Y
April 2nd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Major update today... and you want to skip the patcher? Good luck! ^_^

AnnaLise17
April 2nd, 2015, 06:53 PM
We're having major technical issues with our servers as they're not loading properly. Please refrain from logging in as we rectify the situation and get DOMO working properly. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will keep you updated.
u should go on and tell everyone to get off

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 06:54 PM
The problem here is that you can bypass the launcher completely, and open the client directly.

If there was no way to do that, they could simply turn off the Start button during maintenance.

Turning off the start button on the launcher is still better than doing nothing at all.

Miradora
April 2nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
They should just set it so that only GM accounts can log on while they are working on it, I'm sure it's possible.

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
They should just set it so that only GM accounts can log on while they are working on it, I'm sure it's possible.

Depends on the coding involved. If the code isn't already in there, then they'd have to add it. And if they add it in....it's very likely some other part of the code ends up breaking as a result.

EmeraldKnight92
April 2nd, 2015, 07:13 PM

Seems simple enough. Give characters an additional data field and add a conditional statement upon attempting to log in, checking whether the value is associated with a standard user or a GM. Then again, I've never done any game development, so this may be one of those "seems simple but really isn't" situations. Of course, implementing a "fix" could also introduce new bugs, which always sucks.

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 07:14 PM
Seems simple enough. Give characters an additional data field and add a conditional statement upon attempting to log in, checking whether the value is associated with a standard user or a GM. Then again, I've never done any game development, so this may be one of those "seems simple but really isn't" situations.

99 little bugs in the code~
Take one down!
Patch it around!
127 little bugs in the code~

EmeraldKnight92
April 2nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Take one down!
Patch it around!

The plight of the programmer. I had a list of errors at least 500 lines long in my last project. They were, thankfully, fairly trivial for the most part.

The funny thing about the joke, though, is that the bugs were always there--the bug fix just happened to reveal them lol.

Zaffie
April 2nd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Take one down!
Patch it around!

hahaha thats funny, give the bottles to the commoners~

Zaffie
April 2nd, 2015, 07:20 PM
hahaha thats funny, give the bottles to the commoners~

and the bugs to witch doctors

DarkRiftVix
April 2nd, 2015, 07:22 PM
Ah, thanks for the update Zen!

I logged in on accident earlier and it was kinda creepy to be in EC and no one was there. Felt like I walked into the DoMO version of Silent Hill. XD It was actually kinda cool.

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 07:28 PM
Ah, thanks for the update Zen!

I logged in on accident earlier and it was kinda creepy to be in EC and no one was there. Felt like I walked into the DoMO version of Silent Hill. XD It was actually kinda cool.

If I ever find myself in DOMO Silent Hill, I won't find it "cool" at all. I'll switch to my BM class and find a corner to cry like a little girl in D:

Preferably a corner where I can at least bottleneck the monsters so they don't gang up on me...

Magickal
April 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Chat glitch still not fixed. -.-

Divini
April 2nd, 2015, 07:43 PM
What is the new cash shop items?

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 07:44 PM
The funny thing about the joke, though, is that the bugs were always there--the bug fix just happened to reveal them lol.
I'm not a programmer at all myself, but I at least know enough about coding to know the truth behind this statement :p

Now that DOMO is back up and everyone is leaving the forums, I guess I'll go chat in-game...
And yes, I was seriously browsing the forums for the discussions and not just waiting for the announcement of the servers coming back up. xD

Triggerless
April 2nd, 2015, 08:04 PM
It appears the level cap is now 55.

XiangLungFuHu
April 2nd, 2015, 08:09 PM
LAG & disconnect to domo, its bug?
my Net its good, just domo alot dc....grrrr

RyuAlex
April 2nd, 2015, 08:17 PM
LAG & disconnect to domo, its bug?
my Net its good, just domo alot dc....grrrr

Likely a result of all the players logging on immediately after maintenance. Even if everything is 100% perfect on your end, there's still the server's end....

BlightBoy87
April 2nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
id error rip for whole weekend

Inspirit
April 2nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
id error rip for whole weekend

I don't understand why they would do such a big update then goes off work for the whole weekend, so the errors like this happens and people can't play; or just any other type of bugs/errors. Zzzz
Also, why increase cap to 55 if no DDen, exp is gonna be horrible at other places...

BakonStripz99
April 2nd, 2015, 11:01 PM
u should go on and tell everyone to get off

He did, multiple times. To no avail.