PDA

View Full Version : Badge Timers Don't Go Down While Offline or Unequipped.

Travis96
April 5th, 2015, 10:33 AM
So yesterday I bought a one day, Baby Big Bonus Badge with in-game money, to aid in leveling my level 40 Doc. It worked wonders and I was able to reach level 45 in a day. But even now I still have buyers remorse. Why? Well if you're like me, and have very limited time. Mainly on the weekdays, you know it's hard to dedicate time to a game. Especially when you have interruptions while on your free time. And when you have interruptions, you'll know you're losing out on money gained from loot. Money that you can use to buy another badge, to level with. The Baby Big Bonus Badge I bought was 24K as it also increased drop change. But that 24K is gonna take a while to get back if I'm not farming, collecting or leveling. Which means for this badge, I didn't get my moneys worth.

Which is why I wish to recommend that the badges timer stops when they are either A) Unequipped, or B) The character with the badge equipped is logged off. Sure this will bring the demand for badges down. But in the case of Suba, I don't see them really losing money for this. Besides, although I know the store pricing is a bit wonky at the moment. Even in Aeria I found the Badges losing time while I wasn't playing or just couldn't find a party, a bit.. Well.. Scummy. Especially for those who bought them with real money.

Anyway, theres my suggestion, tell me what you guys think.

TrueGenius
April 5th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I thought this was a glitch and you were reporting it, I was about to call you a snitch LOL.
This would be awesome

TheCyberGhost42
April 5th, 2015, 05:42 PM
The badges continue to tick while you're offline by design, I doubt that will change.

Small Yun Chang Spirit Pills (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Small_Yun_Chang_Spirit_Pill) are a better option when you don't have time, I haven't checked to see if they're in the IM though, if not then it'll likely be easier to add them than change the way badges function.

AnonymousNA
April 7th, 2015, 06:10 PM
The duration of the badges would have to be reduced to compensate, without price reduction. We're talking a 1d badge going down to a 3-4h badge.

If I had to guess, duration items get set with a time and date when the timer begins, either the time it was activated or the time it expires. As such, some rewriting is necessary. If it were to adjust the time each time the item was equipped, there might be some glitches to iron out, but it might work, but that would use a fair amount of server resources just to adjust and calculate an item's time.

Another problem is that one could have a badge, gather a mob, equip, aoe, and unequip, to drastically improve the amount of drops given per badge. Since items being equipped and unequipped can be mapped to hotkey, this wouldn't be difficult at all to perform and exploit. This method wouldn't work for xp badges quite as well.

And then we come to other timed items, Items like temp pets, or mounts aren't something you'll be using all the time. having a difference between timed items, some being only during use, and others permanently counting down may cause issues in the future.