PDA

View Full Version : Basic guid on how to earn money

LittlePancakes
April 12th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Hello mates , LittlePancakes here :)
First off , i would like to say that the methods i am presenting to you guys here , does not involve the use of real life money , and it is not going to work 100% for all of you , it is purely based on perseverance and hard work , if you do not have the time , then you are not going to earn those big bucks .

Alright so lets begin , there are mainly four methods of earning money in game , and i shall go through each of the methods respectively as stated by the numbers .
1)Harvesting of materials
2)Killing monsters for materials
3)Pet levelling
4)Alchemy

Harvesting of materials
Basic info: The harvesting of materials could be done by using mules/alts which are your sub characters , to do chores such as mining , wood chopping , farming which would bring you materials that are commonly used in alchemy , these materials that you gain from harvesting are usually sold for double the amount each item's NPC cash in price is . For example , dried mushrooms which you harvest from farming that is refined from 20 mushrooms , is 40 gold when you cash it into the NPC store , but it is usually sold to players for 80 gold in stores .
Time taken: Not much time as you leave your alternate characters to do the job for you which does not require personal time.
Profit: Double the amount you invested . For example , a farming tool for dried mushrooms of 500 durability cost 1000 gold , i can get 25 dried mushrooms , which could be sold for 2000 gold in total , in total i earn 1000 gold .

Killing monsters for materials
Basic info: Two spots that are commonly used for farming are eversun south , or farrel family crypt . eversun south is mainly used by beginners to farm for spare cash , which in 1 hour you could yearn about 4-5 thousand gold as a casual farmer without any drop rate badges used , monsters that are killed for materials are PuPus and KuKus. In farrel family crypt , it is mainly a place for more experienced players to farm at , the suggested level is 30 , and you should have at least 2 to 3 AoE skills and sufficient MP , or at least have MP recovery pots or you will run out of MP really fast , the monsters that you should be killing is sombre zombies and in 1 hour you can earn about 20 to 30 thousand gold as a casual farmer.
time taken: as long as you need
profit: 4-5 thousand at eversun south , 20-30 thousand at farrel family crypt.

Pet levelling
Basic info: Pet levellers are suggested to be at maximum level or at least 10 levels below maximum level , before the decide to take up this job. currently i suggest that players of at least level 40 do pet levelling as a job , and level pets at foggy forest. Pet levelling is a very tiresome job and it takes about 5 hours , for badged players to level a pet from 11-40 , and 6 to 7 hours for unbadged players to level a pet from 11-40. However , even though it is a tiresome job , in the process of levelling the pet in a party , the monsters there would drop alot of drops . i suggest you team in a party and level the pet at iron hedge hogs at foggy forest, where the iron hedge hogs would drop prickly pelts which could be sold for alot of money , at the end of the day you should have about 70 to 90 prickly pelts after levelling the pet from 11-40.
time taken: 5 hours for badged players , unbadged players 6 to 7 hours
profit: Levelling pet from 11-30 1.5k per level . 30-40 5k per level . Prickly pelt dropped from iron hedge hogs sell for alot too , usually you get on average 80 prickly pelts after levelling the pet from 11-40.

Alchemy
Basic info: I honestly feel that alchemy is not the best job to earn money for beginners , i personally do not have much experience with alchemy but i got my alchemy level to 20 , and it took alot of time and investment . getting the alchemy materials , the recipes , levelling your alchemy all takes ALOT ALOT of time and money . For instance, level 50 heavy armour recipe alone costs 70k gold in total , which is alot and is not a sort of job beginners would want to hook up with , failures in alchemy occur quite frequently and you have to keep buying materials or farming for it . It does not provide a stable income , but if done correctly , of course you will earn alot of money , but still , i do not suggest alchemy as a job for beginners
time taken: Alot of time
profit: Varies

Xiaoming001
April 12th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the guide. I would just want to introduce stealing of recipes. It works on thief and high level recipe could be sold for a good price. Currently, the system would allow you to steal from only one mob but when witchdoctor class is introduced. You could steal from multiple mob with AOE stealing skill. I got rich with recipes. Why? Thief has only two skill to steal but with AOE stealing skill, now you three chance + AOE steal.

This is just a sharing here.

Supercataleen
April 12th, 2015, 11:19 PM
YES! I remember when I first started domo I read a type of guide like this on AG and it helped me a lot. ^^ I also like to add that I find treasure hunting, especially when you're low level, very helpful too! The amount of dreamstones you get from it is ridiculous, and when you're too lazy to kill stuff and just want to have fun with friends this is a great way to do it. I'm sure your guide will help a lot of new players coming! o3o

FernDOMO
April 15th, 2015, 06:07 PM
I'll chime in too on alchemy/stealing.
If as a beginner, you choose to try the alchemy route, it's best that you level thief and pilfer the level 18 and 23 weapons. Odd level weapons seem to sell best for whatever reason. If you are doing alchemy for profit, you don't need too many different weapon recipies, but try to get 2-3 different ones. Get mats by gathering with an alt or buy at the lowest possible price you can find. 18 weps need red powder, and take 3. 23 weps need blue powder, also 3. You CAN make decent money this way. Another route would be to buy the recipies and gather them from pots for lvl 20 and 25 HA, a lot of teaming goes on between those levels, and tanks go through armor. I've been told you can make a decent profit crafting and selling those sets.

However, Beware! If you start crafting it takes time to level your skill, and a lot of effort to gather the recipies. If you aim for ALL recipies you are going to be shelling out a LOT of gold. as stated the lvl 50 HA costs 70k for the recipie, and I've recently dumped 140k into getting JUST lvl 25 and 30 equipment, and I still am missing some pieces of the sets.
But like I said, if you resist the draw of buying more recipies, yeah you can make money.

Radh
April 20th, 2015, 11:07 AM
alchemy will be useful soon...everybody need a potion when the solo lvl cap coming(55+ for babel and dden)....mp pots! people will buy it for sure,especially hunter ss,shaman agi,and all the solo job for dden...example is lvl 40 mp pots...it cost 8-12k/stack to craft(using badge of fortune),and u can sell it for high price since NPC sell it for 355g each....people will still buy it even if u sell it 200g each lol....but i maybe wrong,no ones know what will happen yet.

LadyMae
April 22nd, 2015, 08:05 AM
@_@ You should probably revise and edit before posting a guide*, it hurts my brain to read.

Kp17095c3DWBD3x
April 22nd, 2015, 08:41 AM
интересно и таких алхимия вспечастляет

Agiantnotepad
April 22nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
alchemy will be useful soon...everybody need a potion when the solo lvl cap coming(55+ for babel and dden)....mp pots! people will buy it for sure,especially hunter ss,shaman agi,and all the solo job for dden...example is lvl 40 mp pots...it cost 8-12k/stack to craft(using badge of fortune),and u can sell it for high price since NPC sell it for 355g each....people will still buy it even if u sell it 200g each lol....but i maybe wrong,no ones know what will happen yet.

I will be honest. I don't think alchemy level or Badge of Fortune increase the success rate for HP/MP Pots and HP/MP regeneration items. I fail a lot of times crafting those. LOL

GraceySells
April 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Thank you for the contribution, Pancake. As to everyone being critical, trolling, and flaming, knock it off. Thanks!