PDA

View Full Version : Mileage Shop of Costumes

Reznikov
May 14th, 2015, 03:58 AM
As many of you have probably discovered, you recieve mileage points upon the purchase of SP. With these mileage points, you may puchase consumables for Other Suba games. Domo should have a similar mileage shop, but instead of consumables, it should consist of permanent costumes. This ensures that costumes will hold their value and people will have to buy more SP to obtain a costume. Not only will the economy benefit and increase the rarity of these costumes, but Suba will benefit in SP sales.

MynxiKit
May 14th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I actually agree this is a good idea. Because I have a ton of mileage points, but I only play on DoMO so it's like they're sitting collecting dust. I can't do anything with them.
Implementing some kind of DoMO MP shop would be lovely, maybe along with permanent costumes they could add maybe 100% Party rings/100% Bonus badges?
Because everyone knows a Ringed party is their 1st choice over a non-ringed.
In the end you'd be spending more on suba points to save up for these extra MP items. 0:

Edit: I know some people would say "Why not just play other Suba games that offer these Mileage point shops?"
I personally am a one kind of mmo person. I don't play 2-5 mmo's at one time. I focus on one until I grow tired of it, then I move onto another for a while, sometimes I return to ones I left for other games.

Elayon
May 17th, 2015, 02:56 AM
ì also only play DOMO and wish that we could use MP for something.
personally, i'd suggest making it random boxes....

DoctorWater
May 18th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Why would you do this Elayon?
How could you do this to us?
Why?
:'(

Nightshade7
May 18th, 2015, 04:08 PM
ì also only play DOMO and wish that we could use MP for something.
personally, i'd suggest making it random boxes....

Wha...? What on earth are you talking about?? Random Boxes!? Pfft. You dun love costumes!? >.<

Elayon
June 12th, 2015, 03:29 AM
I love DOMO more than costumes. You might not realise it, but such choices have a significant impact on the life-expectancy of the game.

People will play as long as they have something to look forward to. SofStar has given up on the game, so we cannot rely on them for something we can look forward to. If you give people everything they want in a single time, they will quickly get bored and the game will shut down again. This is also why I am against perms in general. Temp costumes provide a constant cash stream for Suba, making it profitable to keep the game around for years. Perms ensure high cash flows in the beginning and almost nothing in the end. Thus it makes sense to milk out the game until all perms and SE pets are released, and when the cash slows down, to just kill the game.

People, please consider the future when making decisions.

Also, 7d costumes in MP would be pretty cool and not very damaging for the game

Superstarstrike
June 12th, 2015, 04:42 AM
On paper this suggestion sounds like a good idea, but I have to both agree and disagree with Elayon.

By making people use MP (and a rather high amount of MP...idk how the ratios between SP and MP should work when a shop comes for us in the future), a point value ONLY obtainable via purchasing SP, they will basically have the costume they want and they can do whatever they wish with the SP. This also ensures Suba still gets money somehow.

Since the idea behind MP is to say "thank you" for purchasing SP, I feel that anything within the MP shop should be non-tradeable. Why? Whoever purchased the SP has earned the MP, thus they should get a treat for themselves for helping the game survive longer, such as perms. Although, this doesn't help the in-game market become cheaper (it may make it worse!). If the items were tradeable, the market gets flooded and everything becomes cheaper. In a way this could also be dangerous, because if both the SP and MP shops had perms, the market can get flooded with perms. Unless costume modding comes into play (god I hope not), people will end up getting the costume(s) they want and have foresee no reason to pay for another costume. This is where I'd have to agree with Elayon. If the majority playerbase becomes static and gets their costume(s), only the fashonitas would keep the costume market alive, and people would hope for a costume storage box or the wardrobe feature to prevent their costumes from flooding their main inventories.

On the other hand, costumes being temporary in the item mall does help keep in constant cash flow. But that's in theory. In actual practice, it seems like not that many are as willing to constantly pay for these. I know, I still see plenty of people in costumes, but still, are people okay with this? Are they willing to keep paying for this? If so, how long are they willing? There are questions you also need to think about. It can't work if people aren't willing to pay anymore. There are some exceptions though. Badges for instance, while they would be nice, don't need to be permanent at all because that would just totally break the game for giving free exp boosts for life. People would level too fast, people quit earlier, etc. Costumes are just pure aesthetics (no costume modding please =.= ). Think of it this way; people tend to like costumes because it makes their character look awesome and feel different from the crowd. Well, most of the time. DoMO has a variety of costumes that are relative to stories and traditions across the world (I may be exaggerating with this, there are still a lot of chinese-themed costumes), which may be why people like them so much. Armor does not give that same feeling. In concept it is just an essential piece that people need to survive with. For instance someone don't like the looks any of the HA sets but wants to continue being a dedicated Mercenary. He can buy a costume! What? Only 7 days? Man, now he's gotta pay again to keep it! It begins to feel like a tax. I know it isn't taxes but it doesn't feel that fun. People play games to have fun.

People will play as long as they have something to look forward to. SofStar has given up on the game, so we cannot rely on them for something we can look forward to. If you give people everything they want in a single time, they will quickly get bored and the game will shut down again. This is also why I am against perms in general. Temp costumes provide a constant cash stream for Suba, making it profitable to keep the game around for years. Perms ensure high cash flows in the beginning and almost nothing in the end. Thus it makes sense to milk out the game until all perms and SE pets are released, and when the cash slows down, to just kill the game.

I don't see permanent costumes being a sole factor to what can lead to the shut-down of the game. There are other greater factors that can lead to that. Temporary costumes can still serve a purpose for being the cheaper alternative to see if you like the costume before actually deciding to buy the permanent version. A preview in the item mall exists, but people can be picky. They want to run, sit, orz, fight, and fly with costumes on. Now, permanent costumes don't have to be cheap; they can and should be expensive. You're right if people will play and pay as long as they have something to look forward to, but for a pure aesthetic? That's just one thing for some people. It doesn't help you gain levels, it doesn't make you super strong, it just makes you look good. For example, DoMO players who want to achieve fairly well in the late-game should care more about that. Permanent costumes or not, they aren't game-breaking to where people will be like "oh hey I got this costume that only makes me look good I will quit the game as I have nothing else to look forward to bye bye". Only people who don't want/care to play the game beyond costumes would say that. I like DoMO for the game itself and so do you. Costumes are just a part of it, and people want perms.

It's a risk, but sometimes taking a risk is something that should be considered before things become too static and fall apart. A market has to grow and develop some time in the future in order to keep things interesting for a little longer. As long as perms are MP-exclusive AND are very expensive in MP, this shouldn't be a problem. Think of it as tier rewards.

./end ramble

Elayon
June 12th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Actually, non-tradable rewards in MP shop would be a great idea!
But you would need to have a lot of MP points to get something worthwhile.

I only buy a little SP myself, so I would rather have small rewards, such as random boxes or 7d costumes for small contributers like me

Gabatoro
June 12th, 2015, 10:51 AM
The inner workings of a fickle MMO economy (or any economy, for that matter) entirely elude me, but that sounds quite fair. If you wanted long-lasting or permanent gratification, you'd have to invest a great deal more. Since I'm a largely-infrequent player that tends to binge for days on end when I make my rounds, I'd be willing to invest more to ensure that my costumes and other whims aren't going anywhere while I'm away.

Mohabbatein
June 18th, 2015, 10:10 PM
About the temporary versus permanent discussion (now that I see that this is popular topic for a DOMO MP shop); it makes no sense to think that permanent costumes will be such a drawback for the market long-term consider there are other similar permanent items that continue to sell as the game lives on, regardless of the fact most players have one already.
I'm talking about pets. All you really need is one or two, any more are purely for aesthetics, and a lot of people that have pets rarely level with it, mostly having pets because well, they like having pets. Leveling one all the way is a huge investment and people get attached to them, thus not often selling/giving away their initial named pets.
And yet, pet tokens/pets in general have always been a popular item in both the in-game market and the IM. Even after almost everyone has pets. New SE gets released, and people get a new pet even though they maybe already have an ori 61 version of that pet. But it's cute, or it's a gift, or its an investment.
That's how permanent costumes would work too? I really don't see how they wreck the market. Is an MMO's economy in general (and even the gameplay as a whole) not based on the assumption that there must constantly be a flow of players who don't have any stuff and will want to buy their stuff from others? The real reason MMOs (economies) die is because there is no influx of new players and thus every player in the game is satiated and has no need for new items. No cash spent, and no in-game flow of money either = end of economy.
Either that makes the game die or you have made some really big mistake as developer. A lot of MMOs have permanent costumes, and I have yet to see it be the reason for a market crash. Even if a market is flooded with costumes, they are vanity items and there are other things that drive the economy.

Honestly, personally I never have and never will buy a temporary costume, unless it lasts like 300+ days. Unlike an exp badge, it adds nothing to your character and if it vanishes after 7 days, you've paid for air. If it is a permanent costume, however, even BoE, then at least my character has gained something in return for my hard-earned gold. I know this is a nonsensical argument considering everything in the game is just pixels, but that is what it feels like to me, and I know I'm not alone in this sentiment =#

*cough* /endrant