PDA

View Full Version : Is it a worthwhile use of points to get Mega Magic?

Onagen
June 15th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I've been planning out my skills for each job, and Shaman's Mega Magic (and its related skill, Yin Yang Transform) has me interested, but, spending 3 points for each level has made me somewhat reluctant to try it. I made a plan that will allow me enough points to get it, but I feel as if maybe some of those points could be better used elsewhere.

Have any of you gotten Mega Magic before? I'm curious what thoughts everyone else has regarding it.

JojomortalQp7u1
June 15th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Imo, it isn't worth it, shaman has so many skills to get, if you want more mp, you should just grab mega magic boost from doctor(and with leveling doctor inner usually comes with it, so no need for spring cleaning, freeing up more points) :) I hope this helps. :0

1roha
June 15th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Imo, it isn't worth it, shaman has so many skills to get, if you want more mp, you should just grab mega magic boost from doctor(and with leveling doctor inner usually comes with it, so no need for spring cleaning, freeing up more points) :) I hope this helps. :0

No, dont ever spend skill on mega magic boost. its useless.
Shaman Mega Magic come with equip wands, its useful when you sub it to other job (doc the closest one).
Yeah, you can skip the spring cleaning and go for inner magic (it comes with other medical treatment too).
And Shaman Mega Magic only level up each 5 level with 3 skill point (Yin Yang Transform is free as bonus).

Superstarstrike
June 15th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Ying Yang Transform boosts MP heals received, which should mean stronger fuses on you. This complements Mega Magic well.

Definitely helpful on skill spam builds imo.

Asakurai
June 16th, 2015, 02:43 AM
if you don't like seasonal Magic then yes, it's worthy to upgrade mega magic :D

Seasonal Magic damage is not that great compared another AoE / Single

ItsJai
June 16th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Ying Yang Transform boosts MP heals received, which should mean stronger fuses on you. This complements Mega Magic well.

Definitely helpful on skill spam builds imo.

I don't believe it's useful on skill spam builds. You'd be giving up damage in order to have a small boost to your mp.

Mohabbatein
June 18th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Personally I sub shaman passive on a /lot/ of my classes, especially physical classes, as it gives me +25% MP at its current level. If you combine that with a +20% MP onyx, suddenly a lot of classes that have MP issues are a lot easier to play in parties in a non-traditional role (say you want to aoe on blademaster or doc on agi-build muse). I suppose there a better passives that could maybe boost damage, but if you haven't leveled those up yet and having nothing better to sub, that +25% MP is, in my opinion, almost a good thing to grab. Plus its nice if you do more damage but if you cannot actually keep up with your MP then there is really no point. (Do note that it is less useful when soloing unless you fuse yourself or have really low max mp, because it does not actually increase your (duration) MP recovery, only your max mp)

I find the doctor points on Mega Magic Boost better spent elsewhere than the Mega Magic points might, for example in yin frog for more actual damage. Also MMB is a Frog Art skill, which means if you get both this and inner you can't sub any other active skillsets. Shaman's MM is on the passive skill set, which I personally find less of a loss in terms of slots sacrificed.
Plus MMB costs MP and a frog to cast and has to be renewed constantly whereas MM is a passive.

So is it worth it? If you play all your classes straight, not really. Classes that have a very MP consuming gameplay generally have a good MP pool already, adding to that will not improve your recovery rate, so its rather pointless. If you like to experiment and mix classes, then yes, I find it very useful for certain MP consuming skillsets that would get classes with a small MP pool in trouble otherwise.

SirPwn
June 23rd, 2015, 10:05 AM
The 'problem' with DoMO isn't in small mana pools but in MP regen being absolutely appalling. You either need very high MP regen skills / another player's support to keep going without rest, or you need to accept downtime for rest / use of skills in moderation.

Increasing your mana pool by using Mega Magic (Boost) IS a way to let you go for longer without rest, but eventually you will still need to sit for MP. Even if you're willing to accept that, it might not be worth as it works both ways; while you will have more MP to burn before needing rest, you will also need to rest longer to top it back up!

For this reason, I personally very much prefer to skill towards MP regen instead of max MP increases.

JojomortalQp7u1
June 24th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Look, if you're leveling doctor, and you should, you'll end up with a surplus of points later... to get mega magic boost. Easy right? So no it defo is not worth it to grab on shaman. If you don't want to get it, if you're partying someone will have it, esp with guild activities later on. Inner provides all of the mana regen that you need. i've never needed any of the shaman passives except for equip wand, anything else is a waste of points, because other sources are just better for them. sure the more mp from other sources, ie: fuse, is nice in theory but ultimately not really worth it, you'll have enough regen from everything else, inner/mantra. It's not really up for debate. This is how it was, and this is how it will always be.

If you're leveling shaman, you don't need any of this, if you have no doctor, i suggest you go ahead and grab spring cleaning, or level wizard for cata converter.

Search for archived posts/guides. It should clear a lot of questions up. Since I started here, coming from AG... I see so much messed up stuff that it just literally makes me say wow.... what in the world are people doing.

DOMOAKFrost
June 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Look, if you're leveling doctor, and you should, you'll end up with a surplus of points later... to get mega magic boost. Easy right? So no it defo is not worth it to grab on shaman. If you don't want to get it, if you're partying someone will have it, esp with guild activities later on. Inner provides all of the mana regen that you need. i've never needed any of the shaman passives except for equip wand, anything else is a waste of points, because other sources are just better for them. sure the more mp from other sources, ie: fuse, is nice in theory but ultimately not really worth it, you'll have enough regen from everything else, inner/mantra. It's not really up for debate. This is how it was, and this is how it will always be.

If you're leveling shaman, you don't need any of this, if you have no doctor, i suggest you go ahead and grab spring cleaning, or level wizard for cata converter.

Search for archived posts/guides. It should clear a lot of questions up. Since I started here, coming from AG... I see so much messed up stuff that it just literally makes me say wow.... what in the world are people doing.

you clearly don't know doctor then. It's one of the most strapped for points job in the game.

I personally had max level mega magic, but I found it far more useful on noncaster classes to start off the enormous MP costs on pet buffs.

Also, to clear up one misconception: having a larger mp pool does increase mp regen slightly. Usually though the magnitude is too little to be noticed.

would I skill mega magic again? probably, but that's because I'm not a fan of shaman AoEs or heavy frost/choking climber.

Superstarstrike
June 24th, 2015, 04:54 PM
I'd rather have a passive to increase my max MP than to take up BOTH active sub slots for mega magic boost and inner. Plus, if you have a lot of points left on Doctor that's not for Equip Syringe, something is wrong. You could be spending those points on other useful skills besides the must-haves.

1roha
June 24th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I'd rather have a passive to increase my max MP than to take up BOTH active sub slots for mega magic boost and inner. Plus, if you have a lot of points left on Doctor that's not for Equip Syringe, something is wrong. You could be spending those points on other useful skills besides the must-haves.

I forgot to explain that Mega Magic Boost can expand your max MP but still leave you some spare mana pool. Its really a waste unless you heal them. Mp heal is more a lot of work (you need to sub thief CB/Wizard CC/Muse Fuse/Parietal) and you will waste spare sub skill slot for them. Having a friend to fuse you is the only way to work this around. Aim for passive and permanent mp max (Onyx/titles).

And, like AKfrost said. Doctor is the most strapped for points job in the game (I maxed all healing skill with almost no spare point left for fancy frog buffs). You need to learn must-haves skill doc first before anything else. If you are a pure doctor (no need of equip syringe), this might work (you can have Mega Magic Boost with extra spare skill point you have).