PDA

View Full Version : Should you give your high level contact IGN in a thread if you are selling 80C and up

Invalidator
February 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Should you give your high level contact IGN in a thread if you are selling 80C and up items/gears?

Dear PT community:

As we have been servicing markets to our community since we have PT community run together for these years, we are experiencing that sometime, we can not contact the sellers/buyers who are selling/bidding your items/gears. Sometime, sellers just disappeared and never come back to contact the bidders and vice versa.
This seller/buyer’s disappearing makes us disappointed, frustrated, and wasted our times.

How can we prevent it? It is up to our community to do. Not just a one person to do but the power of the whole community to help and prevent it. In the case that you are selling or buying 80C items/gears and higher:

Should we leave your higher level contact’s name in your selling/buying thread?
Or
Should we keep this as its previous activity?

All of your votes will be counted toward to all PT market sections:

If we agree to leave a high level IGN name in a selling/buying thread, it will be our market’s rule. The thread will be closed if there is no IGN of the thread creator and bidder posted.

If we do not agree to leave a high level IGN name in selling/buying thread, we will keep our markets as previous.

This poll will be closed in 30 days.

ElfenBoi
February 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Some people have clannies who pressure them to give out anything the high level finds. I'm sorry but if I post S>10x my clannies are gonna flip out even if there only 8x and pressure me if I don't give it away or sell studly cheap.

Whoever buys should be able to get the item in game but otherwise who cares. We don't need to know who were buying from either way the item is the item and if we want it that bad were gonna buy it regardless of who is selling.

Also the seller should have a choice since they leveled so they can hunt stuff.

ed teh gar
February 22nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Then you need to fix your clan or fix yourself. that sounds like a personal issue of you trying to hide from your clan. Sounds like you need to tell your clan to deal with it.

Fact is too many times sellers disappear. They dont like the winning offers so they become ghosts. only to reaper with a new brand new forum name later selling the same thing.

In the last month ive bought a few things from sellers who wont reveal themselves. I give my info yet i still havnt been contacted by a single mysterious seller. I even told them to contact backup people who are almost always on that can make the purchase for me and then i can pay back later. Not a single response.

guess what? us buyers cant find the people in game because we have no idea who they are. Thats the entire issue here. Its a courtesy issue.

It only wastes buyers time.

Honestly i dont think its an issue of level of gear. Any time you sell something buyers have to be able to contact you to complete the purchase.

ElfenBoi
February 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
If the seller does not wanna sell anyways they don't have to.

When a somebody wins an item usually a contact name is given to the winner. Maybe your offer was to low?

MassXD
February 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
I disagree with this completely, if people don't want to list their character name they shouldn't be forced to do so. It's a personal choice, enforcing such a rule is ridiculous. For what reason would you even need to know that information? As long as there's no scamming involved I see no harm or foul in selling items under alt accounts, this whole poll is a waste of time and effort that could be better used on real issues.

ed teh gar
February 22nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
If the seller does not wanna sell anyways they don't have to.

When a somebody wins an item usually a contact name is given to the winner. Maybe your offer was to low?

Yeah except no.

I put down the MB of the seller.

If it was too low they needed to up their MB. Not my fault. Whats the point of having A/w or M/b if it doesnt mean anything?

But the thing is they put it the items out their themselves. Honestly its just rude and wastes time. if the seller doesnt want to sell why put it up in the first place? Thats just weird logic.

As to what reason you need peoples name is to stop sellers from backing out. or for some sort of accountablity. The sellers can back out yes. But if if you see the same person doing it over and over buyers are less likely to waste time trying to gather resources or hunting to bid on that bad buyers gears.

I dunno how it happens on awell but a lot of people have put time into matching MB or to top up in valento selling threads for these mysterious alts to just disappear. And then reapear Selling the same gear.

This will solve a lot of headaches.

Besides those other pressing matters cant be affected on the forum at all anyway. Might as well try and fix existing issues.

Other then anonymity why do people need to hide themselves so badly? Why? What is everyone so afraid of?
It makes collecting gear/ giving the agreed upon purchased price ten times easier.

As to what reason i would need for the buyers in game name, Really?
Maybe so buyers don't have to waste time waiting for pms that may or may not come. maybe if buyers know who they are buying from they can actually buy it.

Seems pretty obvious to me what reason someone would need to have the IGN stated in the selling thread.

SaintYoshi
February 23rd, 2010, 01:51 AM
I dont think this is something u can govern. At the end of the day, how can u force ppl to use there real ign to sell stuff?

Bump: If u close threads ppl will jst start selling in in-game advertisements. And if the is a good item ppl r going to try and buy it. Also, wat about ppl using fake high lvl chars as forum names?

ed teh gar
February 23rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
In a small community like pt you sorta cant fake high lv name.

Cant be like im billybob 11x fs in valento. Community knows who is who.

Honestly as you said people selling in game would be alot better. You can actyally contact them in game for a change.

vAg0
February 23rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
Agree >_<

Spirit
February 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
*looks puzzled* I though it was already a rule that all topics created in the marketplace sections should contain;

- Item information - stats/pic
- Starting price s/b
- Autowin a/w
- Seller/buyers ign

In a lot of other games, mods will close a buy/sell topic which lacks above mentioned info and ask the topic starter to remake the topic and include the info missing. It might be an idea to start doing it here as well.

Chislev
February 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I don't see why would anybody refuse to post the actual IGN, unless they want to do some "dirty business" or plan to back stab someone...
It would be good if at least the starting price and a/w would me mandatory too.

SunnyZ
February 24th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, stupid question i know...

But I'm just wondering what M/B and A/W means?

Pinkhew
February 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Yes, stupid question i know...

But I'm just wondering what M/B and A/W means?

minimum bid and auto win

MassXD
February 25th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Sorry but regardless of what this poll turns out I will not be following this rule.
Hate to sound like a kiddo but.. nah nah nuh boo boo, you can't make me!! :cool:

SelenisAaargh
February 25th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Sorry but regardless of what this poll turns out I will not be following this rule.
Hate to sound like a kiddo but.. nah nah nuh boo boo, you can't make me!! :cool:

he can if he deletes threads in market place which are not made according to the rules.
remember how strict ptprophecy marketplace was handled?

Chislev
February 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hehe just delete posts and use progessive ban for infractors. First time, delete post and 3 days ban, 2nd delete post and 1 week ban, 3rd permanent ban and IP ban for those "smarties" who use fake forum IDs.

Rules are rules, no need to like them, just need to enforce them.

Mira
February 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM

oh yes they can:evil:

MassXD
February 25th, 2010, 03:46 PM
You can't go banning people from a game on these terms, no other version of PT has ever enforced this since 2002 why start now?

Nwah
February 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
You can't go banning people from a game on these terms, no other version of PT has ever enforced this since 2002 why start now?

He meant a ban from the forums.

MassXD
February 25th, 2010, 04:51 PM
He meant a ban from the forums.

OHHHHHHHH NOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I'm still not following this rule, and you can't make me :evil:

Invalidator
February 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
It has not been a rule yet, so noone should worry about it.
It is the majority decision, not a one single soul making it.
Once it is implemented/enforced, provided the majority makes a decision to have it and you do not want to obay the majority's dicision, it is not my problem. It is yours.

MassXD
February 25th, 2010, 05:16 PM
You better go ahead and start the banning because I am not following this tyrannic decision, is this Suba Games or Nazi Games? I can't tell the difference anymore!

Mira
February 25th, 2010, 06:28 PM
You better go ahead and start the banning because I am not following this tyrannic decision, is this Suba Games or Nazi Games? I can't tell the difference anymore!

if this happens soon you wont be posting in forum, Looks to me to be a vote on it not like the nazi's good luck you will need it:evil:

SelenisAaargh
February 25th, 2010, 07:45 PM
relax, nobody said anything about banning.

and anything including rules is a nazi regime for you? shesh, you must really have trouble with laws and stuff in RL.