PDA

View Full Version : CT class discussion

LunaP
December 17th, 2015, 05:34 PM
This thread will be for the class balancing discussion of the Celestial Templar class.

AlehLH
December 17th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Greatly nerf Vengeful Blade lv 10 but give the rest of the skills an overall buff to help it keep aggro.

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 06:21 PM
UH lol this class needs to be re done completely NO AOE useless sollo in dungeon and can't take agroo away.....I think it needs some form of AOE and I think the Physique block rate is bugged .... lol

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Give a duel sword option for this class I am serious .... not joking duel sword ........ for CT ..... it will reduce the defence but improving attack power and attack speed to take that agroo... please do it ... create a SAO

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Alright so as a casual Celestial Templar player, here are my feedbacks.

First, raise toughness level of the class. CT is supposed to out-tank SG in EVERY aspects according to the game itself. NO, HP isn't useless. CON isn't useless neither. Why ? Because HP recovery is pretty useful, there's no real tank at all here. All SGs goes DEX, but how's that tanking ? that's evasion. CT should be about mitigation tanking. If CT's damages are crap indeed, its defense should be unmatched at least.

What sounds needed to me :

-Nerf the venge level 10 (for both CT and SG)

-Raise the firepower of shield guns (ossus shield gun except = 1190 damages. USELESS. Even more in PVE.) and add aggro generating for each shell blasted.

-Add a physical/magical defense increase to the Templar's Shield, and drop its cooldown to 2 minutes.

-Mars' Gift skill is useless, literally. Change it to a 10% damage absorbing shield for the player OR his friendly target.

-Tempest State is fine, but the cooldown sharing with mars' shield is screwed. I mean, you'll lose 70% of your HP with it. SO Mars' Shield is a MUST USE at the same time.

-Drop the cooldown of Mars' Shield and Tempest State to 10 minutes. Come on, zodiac immos got 1 minute cooldown with longer duration.

-Increase the damage over time dealt by rupture. DoT is aggro generating so it's needed.

-Make rallying cry remove EVERY immobilization effects, including medusa's freeze for example. Add also a 10 seconds immune to these effects, people would love to team up with a CT afterward. Especially in GvG.

-Give them a charge to target skill, like onslaught, doesn't even need to stun tbh, but add one. Relying on Wheel of Fortune for that, which is a bugged mount, is kind of irritating.

-Increase TREMENDOUSLY the aggro generating of Taunt and Provoke. A CT lacking damages, must generate a LOT of hate toward the monster.

-Make Shield Stance useable on Battle Mounts (for CTs only, because SG isn't a tank in my opinion, but a bursting melee damage dealer.)

For now that's all I can think of, i'll add content if I think of something else. Feel free to comment my thoughts.

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 08:09 AM
-Make rallying cry remove EVERY immobilization effects, including medusa's freeze for example. Add also a 10 seconds immune to these effects, people would love to team up with a CT afterward. Especially in GvG.

This one sounds a bit too OP to be honest, but I kinda like your other suggestions.

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 08:33 AM
It doesn't seem that OP to me tbh, the cooldown for it is 30 seconds so it's kinda fair enough, not like it'll be spammed. Or drop the time of immune in my suggestion to 5 seconds, enough time to run away from an SG in GvG at least.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I still think duel sword option be pretty damn cool .... gun shield blehh the game did not even produce much of it

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I still think duel sword option be pretty damn cool .... gun shield blehh the game did not even produce much of it

That would indeed be cool but wouldn't it change the class too much? It would make more sense to create a separate new class for dual swords, if it ever happens, I think.

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Dual sword would be for an evasion tank or a damage dealer, which doesn't seem to be the purpose of CT. It remains a mitigation supportive tank to me.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 08:46 AM
I don't think it would change to much one handed sword class still does more damage... it might just improve speed and attack power won't hurt to mess around with and test it just to see xD

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I get your point, plus there's only a handful of people who plays CT so a test like this wouldn't influence the game so much, but still that's wrong in my opinion. Plus Aleh said it himself, changing the classes too much might break the game, dual wield would change completly the purpose of a Celestial Templar, which is quite a big flip of the table don't you think ?

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 08:56 AM
since there are a lot less celestial templars duel wield might create more celestial templar... the purpose of celestial templar failed so trying something different out wont brake the game... if its to good nerf some skills if its to bad than it wont work... it would come with a cost reduce defense... nothing wrong to test and see how it works before implementing it :p

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM
It failed at the moment, but it can be fixed, SG needs changes too for that purpose though, and i'll strongly disagree to any purpose change on this class.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Well I understand your opinion, but the class is of no use in pve at moment no reason to be afraid of changes..... just to test it out it be nice

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:06 AM
It actually is of use in PvE, I can solo world bosses with ease as a celestial templar, and the supportive abilities it got are pretty useful to my fellow teammates.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 09:09 AM
but very slow and it is because of vengeful blade that stacks is the reason can kill bosses ._. and I tried nidea dungeon as CT not a good experience.... duel sword might give the option to AOE spin more ....

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Nidia is just as easy, it just depends on how you go, but then again the game isn't meant to solo, so I don't really see the problem. The thing is you're into fast paced killing, but as long as it can be killed it should be fine, regardless the time it takes, because CT isn't a DPS.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 09:25 AM
shouldn't killing through and going through dungeons be balanced and same for everyone? If game is not meant to sollo than every class needs nerfing ...

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:30 AM
classes are fine, what I blame on the overpower are the pets. Go do Nidia without pets and tell me again if it really needs a nerf ?

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 09:30 AM
shouldn't killing through and going through dungeons be balanced and same for everyone? If game is not meant to sollo than every class needs nerfing ...

Well I don't think everyone should be able to kill things at the same speed, for example healers should obviously take more time than a more damage-oriented magic class, which is in fact the case.

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Well I don't think everyone should be able to kill things at the same speed, for example healers should obviously take more time than a more damage-oriented magic class, which is in fact the case.

Precisely.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 09:35 AM

yea I know.. maybe not same speed but not to the point were it is extremely slow one class does it in 15-20 minutes alone while other does it in 40 or 50 minutes alone and must search for partner ... it is about balancing

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 09:36 AM
yea I know.. maybe not same speed but not to the point were it is extremely slow one class does it in 15-20 minutes alone while other does it in 40 or 50 minutes alone and must search for partner ... it is about balancing

But the fact it pushes people to team up is a GOOD thing :D

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:37 AM

Once again, that's correct in my opinion.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM

pushing it while the other does it alone and will not want to team up is two different things than balancing will force him her to change class eventually

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:40 AM
On a global view i'd say that's not pretty true, as people don't usually play a MMO to solo it.

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Well, if CT gets buffed it's gonna be easier to solo anyways, so this will probably be a non problem

Briynhildr
December 18th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Yeah, but I, as a casual CT player, never really had an issue with soloing in any case. Thanks to venge 10, yes.

Briynhildr
January 12th, 2016, 04:48 PM
UPDATE :

- the skill direct shield bomb shot should deal 225% of the player's physical damages, and not the shield's, cause else it's crap. Or raise the shield cannon's damages.

- the skill indirect shield bomb shot should deal 100% of the player's physical damages, and not the shield's, same reason.

- 27m range for the indirect and only 10m range for the direct one, it's kind of derp.

- these two skills doesn't consume bombs, as a normal shield gun shot should. It's kind of odd ?

- The cooldown for a normal shield gun shot is 30 seconds. The two SP skills (direct and indirect shot)'s cooldown is 6 seconds. Flawed in my opinion. Shorten the normal shot.