PDA

View Full Version : GS Class discussion

LunaP
December 17th, 2015, 05:36 PM
This thread will be for the class balancing discussion of the Galaxy Sage class.

NightSora
December 17th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Invokerz/ x2 cast at once

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 05:49 PM
The class is fine for PVE but very weak in PVP also GS has absolutely no deference AT ALL.... higher spell power needed for this class to keep up with other spell casters otherwise it wont be of any use and fast cast speed.

Also Air and Earth element should be focused on class, if anything gets Nerfed here something else should be improved or leveled up or else it throws it off balance.

Needs stronger buffs to support team no elemental deference no magic deffence

AlehLH
December 17th, 2015, 06:02 PM
The class is fine for PVE but very weak in PVP verse against MFE and GS has absolutely no deference AT ALL.... higher spell power needed for this class to keep up with other spell casters otherwise it wont be of any use and fast cast speed.

Also Air and Earth element should be focused on class, if anything gets Nerfed here something else should be improved or leveled up or else it throws it off balance.

Needs stronger buffs to support team

I agree the class is fine for PvE, but it already has higher Spellpower than other classes because of Invoker's Aura. Also I think the buffs it has are quite good already.
I think Invoker's Aura needs to get the nerf it has on JPLH because it will reveal to be very broken later on, could you suggest something to balance it out if it were to get such nerf?

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 06:11 PM
to give u clear detail GS is very weak in PVP at moment, but pretty strong offensively in PVE

deference is very weak and should some old skills be upgraded for the better.. only 2 i can think is lightning and Elemental defence Aura.

The lightning chain skill that I get at 78 is kinda cool but TOTALLY USELESS compare to 78 skill other classes get.... not really useful for anything but helping neebs level up ...maybe =\ for the record it might be better if the attack power of lightning be greatly enhanced since it has a long cool down or can just remove the cool down and make it more useful maybe... but even than the power behind that attack is to weak to even use it lol
The skill is called lightning chain it is cool but useless atm XD

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 06:15 PM
well invokers was to support the other mages in team increase spell power but if it does gets nerfed something has to get improved I am leaning to lightning chain skill needs more damage its really useless it only looks cool ~_~ or make the damn skill stun or something for PVP... whichever kinda sucks mfe has HP and MP damage converter and GS has lightning skill that I never use since its weak

AlehLH
December 17th, 2015, 06:21 PM
The problem with Invoker's Aura is that it gives Spellpower points the more SPI you have, which is why it becomes too op later on. It could get a base boost of Spellpower it gives without it being connected to SPI. Like, +120 Spellpower aura at last level?

Ixil006
December 17th, 2015, 06:26 PM
The problem with Invoker's Aura is that it gives Spellpower points the more SPI you have, which is why it becomes too op later on. It could get a base boost of Spellpower it gives without it being connected to SPI. Like, +120 Spellpower aura at last level?

I dont really care much for invoke aura since if i get stunned it just goes away but I see your point lol if spell power buff +150 magic and ATTACK for warriors also be good for all team mates for 14 minute is fine buff replacement since it supports other than mages

AlehLH
December 17th, 2015, 06:35 PM
I dont really care much for invoke aura since if i get stunned it just goes away but I see your point lol if spell power buff +150 magic and ATTACK for warriors also be good for all team mates for 14 minute is fine buff replacement since it supports other than mages

To be honest physical classes really don't need any more attack buffs lol
And I like how GS is more helpful towards mages, it makes sense since it's a magic class in my opinion

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 08:31 AM
to be fair invoke aura is something to consider that needs change nerf

I see lot of problem with the level 78 and 80 skills GS did not benefit from it at all....and costs in pvp and skills are useless in pve :'(

lightning chain is weak damage .........improve maybe from 100% of spell power to 300% but even than still be weak lol or could just add stun effect and increase cool down period either or.... can test it and see how it works but it really needs to change

Ice Rage is water skill freezes and immobilize 6 targets within only 6 yards ... very pretty skill distance is way to short and no damage.. increasing range a bit be nice and some damage to debuff air defense for lightning aoe, put some use for it and not just use it to see pretty ice XD so testing this be good idia to

YumeLH
December 18th, 2015, 09:55 AM
improve maybe from 100% of spell power to 300% but even than still be weak lol or could just add stun effect and increase cool down period either or.... can test it and see how it works but it really needs to change

I'm too lazy to check actual skill descriptions right now but 300% will equal MFE fireball damage so if your lightning chain works similar to lightning then NO 300% is too OP.

Ice Rage is water skill freezes and immobilize 6 targets within only 6 yards ... very pretty skill distance is way to short and no damage.. increasing range a bit be nice and some damage to debuff air defense for lightning aoe, put some use for it and not just use it to see pretty ice XD so testing this be good idia to
I'd agree for it to have the defense debuff since pretty much all elemental skills have that (could be a translation issue).
For it to freeze 6 targets around you (even if it's just 6 yards), I'll trade Pillars of Frost for Ice Rage anytime just for the convenience of casting it (lag makes me miss when I aim PoF). I don't see why you're complaining since it's very desirable. And for the record, PoF offers damage but so small it's insignificant.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I'm too lazy to check actual skill descriptions right now but 300% will equal MFE fireball damage so if your lightning chain works similar to lightning then NO 300% is too OP.

I'd agree for it to have the defense debuff since pretty much all elemental skills have that (could be a translation issue).
For it to freeze 6 targets around you (even if it's just 6 yards), I'll trade Pillars of Frost for Ice Rage anytime just for the convenience of casting it (lag makes me miss when I aim PoF). I don't see why you're complaining since it's very desirable. And for the record, PoF offers damage but so small it's insignificant.

no babe lightning chain has a cool down and it is one attack only lol 4k-6k instant cast with a cool down and even if 300% it would still do a lot smaller damage because it is 416 points of air damage and fire ball for MFE has 700 to 800 of fire damage? maybe or more? Try using it it has no purpose the skill is useles

Ice Rage be helpful for elemental debuff aoe with some damage the 6 yards still to short short >W<

YumeLH
December 18th, 2015, 10:22 AM
If it's instant cast i still say no if the cooldown is 3s or less.
And correct me if I'm wrong (and provide proof), base % matters more than the additional point damage.
You have to realize that Athena Spear is your main skill and lightning chain shouldn't be too powerful to replace it.
If you compare it with MFE I think Lightning Chain is supposed to be similar to Moon Flame (instacast, 3s cooldown, 100% or 200% base damage).
If it's high damage, there has to be a "BUT" to balance it out like: long cooldown or long casting speed.

Ice Rage is useful enough to save you in a pinch. For example, when you're mobbed by close ranged enemies.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 10:24 AM
here you go babe.. The damage stacks to 2 targets close to monsters first one u hit it be 6k-7k the other 2 be like 3k-4k it has 3 second cool down and that 10% thing is not even working...so maybe this supposed to constantly stack on a moob none stop ... but not working even if it did there be no use to use it the damage is weak the cool-down is long.... it be better if it had a longer cool down... stuns... from distance .. 4 seconds... it would make more sense for pvp or something but just plain is no... MFE gets super power skill HP to MP damage converter and GS gets a skill that never need to use... other than low level moobs... this I strongly believe it needs some form of change to balance out.

http://i.imgur.com/VAR9uhN.png

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
If it's instant cast i still say no if the cooldown is 3s or less.
And correct me if I'm wrong (and provide proof), base % matters more than the additional point damage.
You have to realize that Athena Spear is your main skill and lightning chain shouldn't be too powerful to replace it.
If you compare it with MFE I think Lightning Chain is supposed to be similar to Moon Flame (instacast, 3s cooldown, 100% or 200% base damage).
If it's high damage, there has to be a "BUT" to balance it out like: long cooldown or long casting speed.

Ice Rage is useful enough to save you in a pinch. For example, when you're mobbed by close ranged enemies.

you know it is unfair that you can kill me any time in pvp you have way more magic deffence, you have elemental eagis which i do not have it upgraded because I can't, you have magic immunity 8 seconds or is it 12 seconds and you have HP and MP mana converter..... so you are saying my skill be to OP ?

I am not even using this skill... that is the point .... and neither do I use Ice ....at least be more considerate it is not like I am telling to nerf mfe this is probably the only class I know how to use 100%

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Judging from what I see, Lightining Chain could get a Spellpower boost to 200%.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Yea some research shows that 200% does seem fair trade since the skill is similar to moonflame moonflame still has 900 points of damage while lightning has 400 and the current lightning chain only 100% and that 10% thing is not even working so can replace that or turn it to all elemental debuff =\ be helpful for other spell caster classes to on the boss

http://i.imgur.com/vUySV30.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t32xxc8.png

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 11:23 AM
As for Ice Rage well be more useful if it had Air element debuff but be even way more useful if the debuff is for all elements, I am not sure by how much the average debuff for other skills ranges from 700-1030 ... would help other classes like mfe do higher damage in aoe and possibly on the boss if the ice did debuff and do small damage otherwise is just there to look pretty it almost seems like it was never finished and developer got lazy lol purpose for GS is to debuff to increase magical damage and buff other classes best team work with MFE

http://i.imgur.com/RQJ6oF1.jpg

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 11:35 AM
So yeah to sum up, +200% spellpower boost for Lightining Chain and make Ice Rage debuff the enemies with something like -900 Air Defense, similiar to the debuff of Pillars of Frost, which would then make your Tempest Aoe stronger. Remove the SPI=Spellpower thing from Invoker's Aura and rise the amount of base Spellpower it gives to ~150 at last level.
Sounds good?

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 11:37 AM
So yeah to sum up, +200% spellpower boost for Lightining Chain and make Ice Rage debuff the enemies with something like -900 Air Defense, similiar to the debuff of Pillars of Frost, which would then make your Tempest Aoe stronger. Remove the SPI=Spellpower thing from Invoker's Aura and rise the amount of base Spellpower it gives to ~150 at last level.
Sounds good?

sounds reasonable would put more use into using it lol and invoke aura +150 spell should just buff party make it into 14 minutes instead of relying on sticking close to GS range maybe but i guess it wouldn't make much of an aura would it lol

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM
invoke aura +150 spell should just buff party make it into 14 minutes instead of relying on sticking close to GS range maybe but i guess it wouldn't make much of an aura would it lol
Yeah and besides Invoker's Aura EX (the one that uses Battlefield Braveries) does that, so the normal one should keep working like it does now

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Yeah and besides Invoker's Aura EX (the one that uses Battlefield Braveries) does that, so the normal one should keep working like it does now

yea so they wont conflict with each other .....and cancel out

Shiono
December 18th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I think GS should be the ones upgrading the Elemental Aegis, not MFE.

Priest branch:
Sun Commissioner - the 'supportive' one - They get to upgrade Aegis, Cleansing Breath, Midnight Haze and they get Underworld Blessing.
Dawn Prophet - the one with 'most damage' - They can't upgrade any of those ^ but they get Physical Barrier.

Okay, it's fair.

Wizard branch:
Moon Flame Envoy - the one with 'most damage' - They get to upgrade Elemental Aegis, Traverse and they get Demeters Absolute Aegis & a Mana shield.
Galaxy Sage - the 'supportive' one - They can't upgrade any of those ^ and get no shield at all.

I mean, giving that SC is the one that get's to upgrade the Aegis, I think GS should be the one upgrading the Elemental Aegis.
MFE is good enough with Demeters and the Mana Shield (at higher levels) imo.

Also leaving this here:

Siphon's Life

http://lucentheartwiki.hardrain.net/attach/536B696C6C2FE383A9E382A4E38395E38389E383ACE382A4E3 83B3_E383A9E382A4E38395E38389E383ACE382A4E383B32E6 76966

Recommend Functions: Give it the same healing base numbers as Life surge. IE: Level 1 Siphon: 35% Spellpower + 61 (instead of 35% spellpower + 35).

Explanation: Aside from reducing a targets Wind defense (Which will no longer be that practical as Galaxy Sages will now use earth instead after V9).
The heal is nothing to be proud of, in-fact it is not beneficial in sustaining the galaxy sage's hp even at the minimal level. Let's give this skill a use Galaxy Sage's can be proud of.

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 01:09 PM
On the contrary, I think MFE (which is more simliar to SC, because it's the one who upgrades Wizard skills and SC the one who upgrades Priest skills) should upgrade it because it's a magic tank (Elemental Aegis, Demeter's Aegis and Spell Aegis) of the game, while GS (more similar to DP, because they can't upgrade all the skills of Priests/Wizards and get more new ones) is a buffer (PERC buff, INT buff, Spellpower buff).

Shiono
December 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
True GS get the buffs, just like DP do, but DP still gets a shield while GS literaly get none.

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 01:19 PM
some classes can get twerked around like CT and SG as far as GS buffs there are not very useful the +68 INT has no use, it is just mp ..... SPI be better and Perc is ok but only at +68 the gvg skills give more stats +75, Invoke Aura has a lot of potential is only reason did not get upgraded ...so if gets a Nerf changes can be considered to be implemented

AlehLH
December 18th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Well GS also get skills like Syphon's Life and Mental Interference, it wouldn't be fair to give them Elemental Aegis too

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 01:22 PM
True GS get the buffs, just like DP do, but DP still gets a shield while GS literaly get none.

I just saw your logo /o/ you love blue yey

Ixil006
December 18th, 2015, 01:56 PM
siphon life is only used to debuff, the healing is still weak in my opinion but I like debuffs

either way, I stated some changes that can improve GS attack for pvp since he has no defense and did not get any benefits from level 78, 80 skills. It is a buff debuff class and because of invokers Aura it was given less attack power output in percentage when it comes to using magic attacks unlike MFE which has 300% power output and 600% output using shooting star they can also debuff enemies, while GS will always be at 100% meteor and the only skill that is strong is Athena spear at 190%. max speed is what keeps it good but on downside mp depletes fast if you don't use Sabrinami or forced to use cancer zodiac. So basically speed and strong spell power that keeps it good in PVE only without it I wouldn't use GS lol.

But as the game go MFE can get a power boost increase damage output in PVE
GS can get power boost also to keep up or somethine to change to keep up in PVP some super buff or debuff if not power boost

Something to consider when it comes to changing classes - tweaking it stuff I heard

But more pets will come out really strong so you wont need boost....?
well as the game moves on, one class gets a power boost while other does not the boosted class gets a significant advantage so we're back to unbalance.

Your class is to OP you will need a nerf?
Similar concept applies towards nerfing different skills new pets new items but the other class gets boost and new pets new items which ones changes and gets affected the most?

Shiono
December 19th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Well GS also get skills like Syphon's Life and Mental Interference, it wouldn't be fair to give them Elemental Aegis too

siphon life is only used to debuff, the healing is still weak in my opinion but I like debuffs

It's just the opinion I formulated by playing GS; having no shield while the other class has 3 'of them'.

It barely heals anything.. xD I use it just for the debuff to be honest and sometimes don't even bother >.>

I just saw your logo /o/ you love blue yey
Eheh yeah it's my favourite colorhttp://i.imgur.com/wepjohC.gif I can see you've got a sweet tooth for blue too~
Also thank you for reminding me I need to re-do my siggy

Ixil006
December 19th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Yea GS has no defense, even leveling up elemental aegis won't change much. And you are welcome Bruna XD

One problem I know, and this is true fact about Galaxy Sage class: Sometimes in the future of LH, there is going to be pets that give out 1000 points of stat boosts which makes Galaxy Sage as a buff class undesirable. The very own skills that galaxy sage has about PERC and INT buff +68 at max will be far to inferior to what the future of LH has in store for us. I assume the developers did not thought this through when they designed the game, they did not think ahead and they did not bother to change class.
It is understandable that players have concern in nerfing invoke aura because of the high SPI stat boost advantage.
Since this class was designed to be a damage dealing support buff & debuff class, the changes that must be made would be either be increasing damage output, give some form of defense buff or significantly increase the buff since the future pets gives 1000 point of stat boosts. Of course some other things might need nerfing could be speed or cast time delay etc depends on what is boosted up.

This statement can also be included towards other buff classes and damage classes

As of right now nothing wrong with class in PVE, but problem is in PVP lack of defense other than that the class is doing fine until the catastrophic pets come out that makes every class come close to completely becoming unbalanced and unequal.

Cleftobismal
December 21st, 2015, 01:38 AM
Before buffing defenses of a class that has some serious CC. Let's wait for a patch to nerf everyones damage output and buff defenses in pvp first.

Cleftobismal
December 29th, 2015, 11:52 AM
As for the shield debate, I personally don't think GS's should be able to upgrade the mages shields or have any of MFE's. MFE negates damage, GS looks as if it's a class that supposed to thrive on utility. Perhaps buff Life drain and make it 200% Spell power + 649. And hopefully a new unique skill in the future if they upgrade the level cap again. Such as gaining life back based on the percentage of damage done. Now that I think about it, I think it would make more sense if GS could have a skill to buff their magic avoidance. . /o/ This is just a wild shot though. \o\