PDA

View Full Version : PT guides

Klya
February 8th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I was off since after the ghost castle update and since then lot of new npc appeared.
I can't read korean so I really don't know what they do. I tried looking at forum, but the infos are lost in the flood.
Why the PT game guide is not updated (this is not serious) ? Even the (great) sunnyz website is not updated.
If I missed a post that explain all, thank you for your input.

RainStar_Mech
February 8th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Yeah, no kidding. It is surprising how poorly Suba takes care of Priston Tale.

A decade old game that they make decent money off of and they do really nothing to support the website. Really makes new players who come to check out PT completely lost on what to do with-out asking a thousand questions in game.

Wish Sam would get his staff to put a little more effort into the games they host.

Klya
February 10th, 2016, 05:48 PM
I don't get it, they can make a forum post https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=70779&highlight=peddler+yampi but they can't make a single html page. Is there no web-master ? Even then, it takes 5mn to copy paste and link with dreamweaver. I'm not even asking GM to edit the game window for npc to talk english (takes 5mn with photoshop).
Look at website, even world map section is not linked (takes 5mn to make it).

Ok yedang lame, they don't even paint new npc textures, but, it feels like we are missing a lot of the new feature because it's not documented.

Common, it takes 15mn work and even then you don't know how to do, spend one day of work GM, this is the minimum you must do to deserve your paid.

Version1035
February 11th, 2016, 02:11 AM
sigh... some of these things weren't being done even before new GMs joined PT.

All these things you guys have mentioned are small things, but when they get piled up, they are no longer a small task. They need to organize, simplify, and possibly automate certain tasks. Also, it looks like they were given certain tasks to own, but they weren't given corresponding authorities to do the job. Apparently, GMs don't even have an access to update game files in the official download page. With that kind of work setting, how do you expect them to create/maintain a whole section of PT website?

I wish someone should sit down, and come up with a list of entire tasks they should be doing. With that list, make a proper work procedure, and assign those tasks, and get them to really own their tasks. Assign tasks, check their work, and make them accountable, because right now, it's pretty obvious that their boss doesn't care what his/her employees are actually doing.

Klya
February 12th, 2016, 11:53 AM
"This is the Priston Tale Guide section of the website. Currently a lot of pages are being reconstructed/updated as a result of the “Game Guide Project”, previously started by volunteering players on SUBA Games forums. If you spot any mistakes in the future or would like to suggest additional changes to our guide, feel free to share your thoughts with us on the forums. Thank you for everyone’s efforts and for supporting your community!"

That's what they say, but the game guide project was opened since like 6 years and nothing is done about it. The main problem of the game guide is that section menu is not in a frame and maybe suba don't want to relink every pages.

The solution is simple, provide us a wiki and you can be sure that everyone is going to work to make it real in less than two weeks and it will also won't be any more update problem. Of course it can't be open wiki but some people can verify the inputs easily.